Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: {M} The Rift • IC

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Zachary,

You run to switch off the generator, but once you're on your way back to your hiding spot, something else besides the generator powers down. All of the generators emit complaining groans, eventually quieting completely...

...then the lights turn off. Complete darkness surrounds you.

The rumbling seems to have disappeared."

"Skylar and Derill,

You feel piercing chills run over your spines."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Stop what?" I ask, Skylar's question catching me off guard.

Before he could answer, a shiver ran from my neck down to the base of my spine. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end and every part of my being is scream at me to run. Instead I stand still, looking around the corners of this cottage. Then and there I decided it didn't matter what was going on. Not yet. We just needed to be ready for whatever this place was going to throw at us.

"Skylar, I don't trust anything about this place." I say. "Frankly, I don't completely trust you. And, to be fair, the first thing you did when we met was try to beat the shit out of me."

I look at the guy sitting in the seat, bundled up in a bear skin rug, and still wet with rain water.

"And I don't expect you to trust me either. But there's something big going on here. Something unnatural. Storms don't just disappear, right?"

I gesture towards the window at the rainless sky.

"And I get the feeling that we aren't going to survive whatever the fuck is happening by just sitting here doing nothing. So we need to get you dried off and, then, we need to get a move on. I'm going to start looking for things we can use. You get some rest or do whatever."

I turn away from him and start looking around the cabin. My eyes fall on the wall of trophies and the mounted gun. Although I have no intentions of touching that rifle ever again, the trophies look salvageable. I walk away from the fire and reach up to the antlers of an elk's head. I grab them and attempt to tug the trophy off the wall.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I resent what Derill has to say to me. He makes me defensive, but I don’t want to do this alone. I sit in my emotions and bodily discomforts while the cis guy looks away. It looked like he was playing with an elk head? Uh why? Finally, though, I decide I can’t handle these clothes. A dark shiver touches my spine and against how tired and now sickly I am, I stand up. I don’t say anything to Derill for now. I am focused on bottling myself together. We’re not going to die here. I don’t even want to think about it. The fear builds. I feel nausea.

Looking around the cabin, I look for anything that might contain clothes. If I see male clothes, I’ll try to find a place to put them on out of Derill’s line of view. I don’t care if they are too big on my body. I just want dry clothes, desperately.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

As the generator starts to spin down I start to rush back to my hiding spot. The groaning of the other generators cause me to stumble in surprise, and darkness falls. My eyes remain locked on where my hiding spot was and even unable to see anything I continue to creep forward, arms out ahead of me.

Feeling my way I slip back inside the cabinet and pull the doors closed. And then an unexpected sense of dread slips over me as I notice the complete silence. Shaking my head I dismiss the growing uneasiness. With everything off they will rush to turn it back on. I just have to wait. I tell myself in my head. And wait is what i intend to do.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think it's because I'm just so completely and utterly so fucking horrified that I stand there for so long. I just can't pull my eyes away for the thing, at all. It's atrociously absorbing.

Something seems to finally bring me round though.

I blink, scream, and launch the painting at the thing.

Just my luck though, as the painting simply hits the wall besides the gaping wound and clatters to the floor rather loudly.

Well fuck.

What the hell do I do now?

An uncomfortably long amount of time passes. I'm sure it feels longer than it actually is like, but yeah.

Hmmm.

Ummm.

This is kinda awkward really.

It's either boredom, or a sudden spark of courage (All maybe even both sorta smushed together) that suddenly compels me forward.

With far more caution than I'm used to, I carefully approach the hole. I make sure to take small steps, as un-threatening and calm as I can make myself appear. I've got horrible long old legs though, so it doesn't take me too long to reach the thing.

I stand next to it, unsure and (despite my best efforts) fearful. Lordy, I feel like I'm on a first date or something...

Jesus Honey what has your life come to.

Unknowingly leaning this was and that, arms folded and closed off. At least on a date you usually know what species your partner is, usually anyway.

You know what, fuck it. You only live once and shit.

"Yolo I guess,"

And with a boldness that I hope isn't becoming a habit, and just go right on ahead and stick my arm forward to touch the... thing.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456