Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} The Rift • IC

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Default {M} The Rift • IC

Rated M for Mature
    Contains intense violence, excessive language, gore, suggestive themes, disturbing scenes

in that restless abyss,

where our eyes once met

I'll wait and I'll call for you

'till you're dead.

Unknown Location
    October 31, 1983
    8:31 PM

Who you gonna call?

"Ghostbusters!" the children yelled into the night, enthusiastically pedaling on their bikes as they continued singing the theme to Ghostbusters. One was dressed as a ghost, the sheet covering his body not white but painted in a glow-in-the-dark green, a set of eerily yellow teeth glued onto the place where the mouth would be.

The second went of course dressed in the classic Ghostbusters attire, an adequately detailed backpack on his back, complete with ghost trap and the works.

The final child had on a large Doughboy costume, but he'd taken off the mask after multiple complaints that it was too hot.

"Whoa! Hey!" said the kid in the Ghostbusters costume, his bike skidding to a halt. The others did the same. Before they could ask what was wrong, their eyes traced the kid's gaze to the other side of the road.

There stood an enormous mansion, the style somewhere between Gothic and modern. It was almost castle-like, surrounded by trees and foliage.

"Holy cow!" exclaimed the ghost and the doughboy, laughing in disbelief.

"You know what, I bet that's where that rich kid lives," Doughboy continued, stuffing his mouth with yet another nougat bar.

The Ghostbuster nodded. "Looks rich alright."

"I bet they got some sweet candy! I mean, look, they decorated the house and everything!" added the ghost, his squeaky voice muffled by the green sheet.

The house was indeed richly decorated - enormous artificial cobwebs decorated the front entrance, and all through the front yard was a ghastly fog. The path leading up to the front door was lined with pumpkins, each one bearing a face carved with eloquent detail.

The Ghostbuster shrugged. "It's worth a try."

"Everybody's giving out apples and oranges anyway," complained Doughboy. "This looks like the kinda house that gives real candy!"

With enthusiastic laughter, the children ditched their bicycles and ran for the front door. Fighting for the doorbell, the Ghostbuster finally triumphed and landed his finger on the large round button.

A terrifying shriek resounded within the house.

The children's mouths fell agape. They looked at each other, flabbergasted.

"Awesome!" they cheered, already ecstatic over the heaps of candy they'd soon receive.

The door opened with a loud creak. A friendly lady with curly hair and rosy cheeks poked her head out of the entrance. Her face lit up instantly with a smile from ear to ear. "Oh, finally!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "I've been waiting all evening, but we never get trick-or-treaters! Oh, and look at your precious little costumes!"

The boys just expressed sheepish laughter, their candy bags at the ready.

"Oh, do come in!" the lady said, gesturing. "I put the candy away, so I'll just go and get it from the kitchen. Do you boys want lemonade?"

The children now glanced at each other, taking a hesitant step back. The Ghostbuster turned to face the lady, smiling politely. "We're really not supposed to-"

"I've got root beer as well!"

Within seconds the children had made their way into the house, the lady vanishing down the hallway and into the kitchen. She had told them she'd be back soon enough, and that they could just wait in the hallway.

"Holy shit, this place is even bigger on the inside!" said Doughboy, his voice echoing through the hall.

The halls were as tall as they were long, a large set of stairs leading up to a balcony overlooking the entrance hall. Long, Gothic windows decorated the corridors.

The green ghost uneasily held onto his bag, feet shuffling. "Guys, my mom told me I really shouldn't-"

With a loud slam, the front door was sealed shut, the lights within the mansion flickering.

"Skylar,

You find yourself in a perfectly squared room, completely void of furniture or other people. You are lying on concrete, and you can see a cockroach slip by as you open your eyes. The ground is as equally dull and grey as the four walls around you. Above your head you can see an electric lantern emitting artificial white light. It swings back and forth unchangingly, stretching and darkening your shadow every time it swings back towards the middle. There is a grey, wooden door on the wall in front of you.

To your right is a small hole the size of a fingertip, just big enough to look through with one eye. A small bug escapes from the hole, rapidly crawling into a crack in the floor. Behind the door, you can faintly hear a muffled voice and radio static."

"Zachary,

You find yourself in a perfectly squared room, completely void of furniture or other people. You are lying on concrete, and you can see a cockroach slip by as you open your eyes. The ground is as equally dull and grey as the four walls around you. Above your head you can see an electric lantern emitting artificial white light. It swings back and forth unchangingly, stretching and darkening your shadow every time it swings back towards the middle. There is a grey, wooden door on the wall in front of you.

In the corner to your left, behind you, sits a black and worn top hat. A mouse stares at you from behind the hat with small, red eyes."

"Honey,

To your left is an enormous painting, more than half your own size. In contrast to the room, this painting is in exquisite shape. A woman is portrayed on the painting. She is sitting on a white bench, behind her is an equally white gazebo and a willow tree. She is wearing a grey dress from the Victorian Era with green accents. She holds a grey umbrella in her hand. Her hair is brown and tied into a tidy and strict knot. Her face is inhumanly pale, and her brown eyes keep staring at you, lifeless and emotionless."

"Derill,

However, to your right, you can see a window - to your surprise, as you were almost certain there wasn't one when you first looked around the room. The window is white and still intact, without any cracks or dents. The window's glass is completely transparent, as if someone just washed it. You can try opening the window, but it is sealed tight. Behind the window you can see it is daytime, with the sun brightly shining in the blue sky. You can see a willow tree and a white gazebo. In front of both is a white bench. The green grass around the bench calmly rustles in the wind."

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I stare up ahead at the light swinging. It makes me uncomfortable that I am laying down and don’t remember falling. Was I hit by a car? I wasn’t drinking so I didn’t bl- I stop my thoughts as finally I get a better look of the room. Instantly I feel anger, was someone setting up some weird prank? Was someone fucking with me? I knew I had those who disliked me, hated me when I proved myself the better man. Someone was trying to get back.

I stood up, and when I am in my feet I don’t hesitate to open the door with anger showing on my face.

“Ha!” I’ll yet sarcastically to those I suspect are at the other side of the door listening to the radio.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I open my eyes, blinded by a constantly shifting artificial light. A tiny blur scuttles past me. Out of instinct I flinch away from the cockroach. It scuttles out of sight and I shudder. I sit up and take in my surroundings. I suddenly realize I have no idea how I got there.

A huge wave of unease washes over me. Horror games are a forte of mine and this felt like it came straight out of one. I stand up and slowly walk towards the door in front of me. I gingerly place a hand on the gray wood. It doesn't immediately kill me. That's a nice start. But I had no intentions of opening it just yet. I turn to stop that stupid light from swinging when I catch a glimpse of a window out of the corner of my eye. I stumble back, facing the window and not taking my eyes off of it.

"Oh, fuck that." I spit.

That window had NOT been there a second ago; that shit appeared out of nowhere. My eyes glance around the room. Seconds ago, the only light source was the hanging light above. Now the room was filled with natural light. Day light of all things. So the window was actually there but how was the actual question. One which I didn't care to answer.

After the window didn't try to kill me somehow, I looked away from it and back to the door. Seeing as there was no way in hell I was going anywhere near that window, the door was my only option. I slowly walked towards it, gathering my nerve and as many wits as I could find.

"I swear to fucking God if this turns into some Silent Hill shit..." I mutter. I grab the handle and push open the door.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Sitting up I frown at my unfamiliar surroundings. Closing my eyes I count to a slow 10 before openinjng them again. My frown deepens and I pinch myself. "Not dreaming." I mutter.

Getting to my feet I take inventory of my belongings. Taking a long look at what, if anything, I'm wearing and pawing through everything that was in the pockets. Satisfied with my inventory being sorted , I stand up and eye the hat and mouse. Curious, I take a tentative step towards them; Watching for a reaction.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I groan heavily, and admittedly, it's a pretty ugly sound.

"Ugh... what the fuck.."

As if on automatic pilot, my hand reaches for my head to rub worriedly at my temples. Why is my vision so blurry... wait a minute.

Nervously, I sit up instantly, but the movement's too fast for my mind to keep up with. I can't help but groan again, doubling up and resting my head in my hands. Jesus, this must have been one hell of a bad trip. I can't even remember passing out or anything.

I can't remember passing out.

I lift my head in a startled gasp. I bet I look like a rabbit caught in the headlights or something. Jesus Christ where the fuck am I though. Is this some sort of sick joke? No, no that can't be it. I don't have any friends, so who is there to play pranks on me. And even if I did have pals, this would be way too pricey a thing to pull off.

At least I hope it would be.

Cautiously, I slowly rise to my feet. I'm keeping my arms outstretched for balance, as I don't really fancy falling flat on my arse onto concrete. Mind you, it's not like there's anything to hold on to even. Except, a painting?

Wait, that's it.

That's the only thing here.

"... Fuck this shit."

It doesn't take me long to conjure a plan of action here.

Honey Clove Moore is not going to stay in some freaky as shit ghost box room thing to just wait for some existential nightmare creature whatsit to gobble her up or something.

I take a bold step forwards, and try to grab a hold of the picture frame. Now, I like to thing I'm a taller gal, but I admit, it takes some stretching for me to take a proper hold of the thing. I just abouts manage it however, and I try to pull the ornate bugger straight off the wall.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Skylar,

If it was a live audience you were looking for, you wouldn't find it here.

As you threw open the door, you are welcomed with the sight of what appears to be a suburban living room, very modern in style and actually in quite good shape, much to the contrast of the room you woke up in.

In the center of the room is a small coffee table, upon which sits a set of lit candles as well as a plate with all sorts of chocolate. Above the table hangs a regular ceiling lamp with a faint yellow bulb.

On both sides of the table are couches, both grey and dull.

Upon said couches are your audience.

Dark hollows stare at you, the life that was once within them long gone. On the couches sit a family of skeletons, dressed in perfectly normal clothing. It's as if someone posed them here, all dressed up and everything, and turned all their heads to face you. One of the smaller skeletons, probably that of a child, is even holding up a chocolate in its right hand.

The skeletons are exactly that, however - skeletons. They're dead as doornails.

Their source of entertainment seems even more curious. In the far end of the living room, on top of a cabinet, sits a vintage radio. It emits constant static.

There is another door on your left, and a door across from you."

"Derill,

A fresh autumn wind blows in your face as you push open the door.

Once your eyes adjust, you can see that you are standing right in the middle of a brown forest, the ground richly decorated with leaves of orange and red. An ensemble of tall trees surrounds you, reaching up in the sky almost endlessly.

If you squint, you might be able to make up what appears to be a cabin in the distance.

"Zachary,

The mouse squeaks as you come closer, then scurries off towards you. It dashes between your feet, and disappears into a crack in the wall. You can hear its scratches receding through the walls.

The top hat just sits there, as lifeless as it was before. As lifeless as you'd expect it to be.

"Honey,

You have acquired: Painting.
    This object is heavy. It requires two hands to carry it.

As you pull the painting from the wall, your eyes are met with a sight that is as morbid as it is surreal.

Behind the painting, the wall is broken, but beyond a dent or a crack. The wall is completely broken down, forming a fractured hole the size of your torso.

But something is covering up the hole - something alive, something that breathes.

A fleshy substance is stretched over the hole, a red light radiating behind it as it pulses and throbs.
    It emits a strange growling, much like your stomach when it's empty. Slime and blood drips from the edges, trickling down onto the floor.

It's as if the concrete skin of the room has been stripped away, to reveal the horrid mess underneath.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

My jaw drops and I feel my lips tugging to make a skeptical expression, but I’m also too dumbfounded to actually do it so I stare on like a twitching idiot. I’m angry, but now there’s these skeleton automatons that seem like right out of Disney World. This is so…stupid.

Walking forward I stare between the two doors and the automatons. I feel like I’m going to prank back whoever got me, so a little idea enters my mind that makes my blood rush with victory. Running up to one of the bigger automatons I work hard to rip off one of its arms, I noticed the wiring had to be really well embedded into the bodies of the automatons because even as I get closer I still don’t see the cords.

“These things must be expensive” I say out loud to myself just before I proceed with the action.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The door opens and even more light blinds me. I blink my eyes several times till my vision clears. Walking forward, the crunch of dead leaves reaches my ears. I'm in the middle of a forest. Densely packed trees with leaves the color of fall reach up to the sky on either side of me. I turn around. I don't think my eyebrow could raise any higher. The room I was just in stood behind me. It wasn't part of a bigger building or anything, just a four by four block of concrete with a door.

"What the actual fuck?" I ask myself, walking around the excuse for a building.

It was just there. Nothing attached to it, no pipes or wires, just a block of concrete in the middle of a forest. Was it some sort of shed or something? I shrug my shoulders and take a second look around. In the far distance I spot something that definitely wasn't a tree. A cabin maybe? It's too far away to tell.

Again, I didn't have much of an option so I began to walk towards the cabin. Maybe I would get some answers there. The thought also occurred to me that there could be some serial killer, monster, or horrible thing lurking there as well. But this wasn't a video game and I wasn't limited by any programs or interfaces. As I walked towards the cabin, I look around on the ground beneath me for any sort of weapon. A big stick. A gardening tool. A gun if I'm really lucky. A gun would be nice. A sword maybe? I don't care what it might be. If I can find something, I am going to pick it up.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Skylar,

You have acquired: ...skeleton arm?

After a few tugs, the arm parts ways with the shoulder and you fall on your back to the floor. Your action seems to have done more than just rip off the arm of your bony friend, as its skull comes loose from its shoulders and rolls into your lap.

The radio's static seems to increase..."

"Derill,

Your eyes can't help but notice something sticking out of the leaves. It appears to be a somewhat rusty rake, missing a few of its teeth but still capable of getting the job done."
    Last edited by Craze; 11-04-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I almost miss the brown handle of a rake. I bend over and pick it up, turning it over in my hands. There are a few teeth missing, but not too many. I give it a few experimental swings, the metal whistling through the air around me. Not the most effective weapon in the world, but beggars can't be choosers.

With the rake in hand, I set my sights on the cabin and continue on my way.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast