Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] Shadow of the end

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I have such split ideas, but I promise to finish my sheet after this bit of feedback. Would you prefer most of us to play humans, or are you hoping for a wide variety of races? I have ideas for both elf and human characters, but I've only ever played one character per RP and am not feeling brave enough to change that today.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

And so, it begins!

Name: Minevra

Height: 5’7”

Race: Human

Area of Expertise: Medicinal Arts/Healing. Minerva has years of experience with working with many different herbs and reagents to make her medicinal library impeccable. She is also well trained with daggers and throwing knives.

Appearance: Minerva has a soft, innocent complexion with a petite figure. She has Long flowing rose-colored hair with emerald green eyes. She has a scar under her right eye and many visible scars running down her arms. For clothing, she wears an emerald cloak with gold accents with white leggings. A white blouse, and a pair of knee high leather sandals.

Personality: Minerva is a very optimistic in nature, always looking for the positive in every situation. She is very friendly and can talk to almost anyone (very charismatic). She is fearless and protective, but can have a heart of ice in certain situations.

Background: Minerva was a very spoiled child as she grew up in the wealthy district of the small town of Hylin. The town was known for its many healers and herb vendors, making this a set destination for anyone who became ill. Her father was one of the most well-known healers throughout the land and one of the best teachers of the craft. He spent countless hours teaching Minerva about: herbs, how to mix then to make antidotes and poisons, and how to treat many various wounds.
    Her mother was a master combatant when it came to daggers and throwing knives, hence Minerva’s skills with the weapons. Her mother had no mercy on her daughter when it came to training, as it prepared her for the world outside the walls of Hylin.
    When Minerva was about 18 years old, things began to take a toll for the worse. Many people gained knowledge of the town and flocks of people flooded within the gates, and along with that came trouble. Many bandits of evil content stormed the shops, killed the villagers, and murdered her father. After months of raids and murders, the town was left in shambles, only to shelter half the population. With her father dead and her mother missing, Minerva had to rise to the occasion and be the new healer. She developed a heart of stone and much knowledge about the world and its ailments over her many years as a practitioner.

Other: She carries a messenger bag with many different herbs and medical supplied. On her belt, she has two dagger her mother had left her and a thigh strap for her throwing knives.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Alessia Zurbank

Height: 4'9"

Race: Kitsune

Area of expertise: Assassin. She is skilled at the tracking and hunting of her targets. She has a knowledge of herbs in order to make medicine and poison. She is skilled in combat using her katana and her longbow. Has a high ability of stealth and is able to scavenge for items to progress her mission forward.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Pictures 

Personality: Alessia is slow to trust others and slow to act on an action. She likes to weigh the outcome of several different actions to figure out which one would best suit her in getting to her goal. She only trusts two people full heartedly. Her mentor, and then Soyoka, her spirit sibling. On the outside, she can seem cold and cruel, but once she starts to open up to someone, she is seen as warm and considerate. She finds joy in exploring new places and seeing what the world has to offer.

Background:

Alessia was born to a poor farming family in the small farming town of Aeroff. The kind of town that needed no guards since no trouble ever popped up. However, her birth was strange compared to those of her brothers and sisters in the family. When she was born, she was not born alone. At birth, a nature spirit in the form of a wolf appeared in the birthing chambers. When the child was born, on her stomach was a birthmark bearing the symbol of nature's mark.

From that day forward, Alessia had been marked as an assassin for the Kingdom of Kitsune, Neriak. She was allowed to be raised among her family in the farming village, but only stayed there until she was ten. Being different, the other families in the farming town treated her with fear and suspicion. Once she turned ten her parents decided that although they loved her, it would be better to send her to be raised in the capital with others like her.

From that point forward she was assigned another assassin as her mentor and lived and trained with him until she twenty years old. At that age, she was considered an assassin and she started to do contracts for the kingdom. She spent the next few years honing her trade as an assassin for the kingdom, and slowly rising the ranks to the point where she could take contracts that let her travel to other lands.

Other: Carries a Katana on her hip and as well as her longbow and sheath of arrows on her back. Soyoka, her spirit sibling, is able to fight as well through biting or suffocating its enemies. As a spirit, it's able to have its form in the world switch from a black smoke, to a slightly solid form of tar in the shape of a wolf. It's head and face is able to disappear into its own body and able to emerge from another part of its body. Around Alessia's neck is an amulet with the sigil of her noble house.

~~~~

Here is some basic information on the Kitsune race. I'll be adding onto it and expanding it as I can :P

Kingdom of Neriak:

Spoiler: Bried History 

*Religion:

Spoiler: Religion 

*Spirit Siblings:

Spoiler: Spirit Siblings 

Nature's Arrows:

Spoiler: Nature's Arrows 

*Culture:

Spoiler: Kitsune Culture 
    Last edited by Numbers; 11-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trouble.muffin View Post
    I have such split ideas, but I promise to finish my sheet after this bit of feedback. Would you prefer most of us to play humans, or are you hoping for a wide variety of races? I have ideas for both elf and human characters, but I've only ever played one character per RP and am not feeling brave enough to change that today.
    Truth be told, it makes virtually no difference to me. Originally I had intended for humans to be the most common race, but there's really no limits on how the main party turns out. I left so many of the world-building aspects free intentionally so that everyone would be able to design and play their characters however they liked, and this is no exception. Just play whatever you feel like you would enjoy most, without regard for what the others pick.

In any case, it seems that we finally have a healer in Under's character, which is certainly going to be a real plus with some of the confrontations that are planned.

As for you, Numbers, its good to see someone taking full advantage of the world's open aspects. I love the lengths you've gone to in designing the kitsune race's religion and the likes. Its really encouraging to see.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Oh there is a lot more trust me xD I just had to stop because my friend got home and he wanted to play some of the multiplayer of the new cod xD Also I feel like I know where your set is from.... I'm pretty sure its from League, but im trying to remember the exact character now xD Lux maybe?
    made by the lovely karma

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Name: Dhosarvia; Dho for short (sounds like "doe")
    Age: 142 - by D&D standards, this means she has reached emotional maturity, but is still a young adult.
    Height: 6'1"
    Race: wood elf
    Area of expertise: As a former scout and ranger, she can typically detect another presence from afar and if it is determined to be a threat, her archery is proficient enough to pick them off from a hundred yards off. She can also move silently through the forest and leave barely any trace of her passing through.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: photo for reference 

Personality: Integrity and tenacity are the two qualities Dho prides herself in most. Embracing these traits is the only way to live with no regrets or missed chances. With just under a century and a half experience under her belt, she is wise enough to validate the full confidence she has in her abilities. However, she is still young by the standards of most forest elves, so she does not see herself as anything out of the ordinary.

Decades of spending a majority of her time alone or with an assigned team, has made her social skills in informal situations a little rusty, to put it lightly. Dhosarvia has grown accustomed to the solace of her own company, and is not eager to group up with others unless it is the most logical course of action. It isn't that she dislikes others; she just can't quite connect with them the same way anymore.

Background: While patrolling her assigned area of the forest, Dhosarvia came upon a falcon with an arrow through its wing. She brought the injured bird back to the secret village of the forest elves to rehabilitate it and reported her suspicions that a poacher had set up camp. Forest elves rarely hunted, and would never be so careless as to wound a falcon.

The elders were shocked, more so than what seemed appropriate for a simple poacher. Dozens of poachers were chased out of the forest each month, assuming they were allowed to leave with their lives. Dhosarvia asked what their true concern was, and they reluctantly told her that a falcon with an arrow through its wing was an auspicious sign of oncoming hardship. It was no coincidence that this omen came just days before the Shadow of Consumption reached their area of the forest.

The forest elves sent their most skilled warriors to face the oncoming destruction, but to no avail. None returned, and the High Council had no choice but to call for total evacuation. Even the most elderly in the city fled, though not all made it out of the forest in time. After being forced to make contact with other civilizations for the first time in centuries, elves now live as refugees among humans. There is a name for the darkness among humans, too-- Ruin. Dhosarvia is determined to find a way to regain their forest and lead her people home.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

So cool seeing everyone else post up their characters.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Fantasy, Military & Steampunk
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hoping to join with a chance to use a character who only saw a single post in his previous adventure! It has been a while since I gave this a go but some feedback would be lovely.

Name: Morthos 'The Fatebinder'

Height: 6' 8"

Race: Human

Area of Expertise: Gravewarden, A Paladin of the Everqueen. Morthos is a trained fighter. His aggressive fighting style and skill with heavy armoured combat makes him a potent and prominent figure on the field of battle. Outside of bloodshed, he is a well traveled man and often offers his words of wisdom about the religions that cover the world.

Deity: The Everqueen, Goddess of Mortality and the Cycle of Life.

Noteworthy Equipment: War-scythe, Platemail Armour , Prayer Book, Brass skull pendant. (His Holy symbol)

Appearance: A Paladin of the Everqueen is often a sight to behold. Coal black armour, stylised in great ridges that form into a grim set of rib cages and bones strike unease into the simple folk. His pauldrons are shaped into a great skull on the left and an open book on his right whilst his helm forms a bone-white, emotionless mask.

His skin is rough and slightly tanned from the exposure to the elements. He stands at an impressive 6'8" and his broad shoulders offer a clear first glance to his militaristic background. His hair is short, unkempt and a dark, almost black, brown. His eyes differ, one a pale green whilst the other a deep, unnatural purple that hints towards a divine connection to his deity.

Spoiler: Rough Idea 

Personality: Morthos is reserved, yet fervent. He is cautious, yet reckless. All depends on the task at hand and the will of the Everqueen. His devotion to the Goddess' ways and his undying fealty to her name often see his stance shift from passive to aggressive. Yet he is not one to resort to death as the first port of call.

His loyalty is as strong as his armour and his sense of duty and honour come above all else. Yet should you stray into darkness; it is this call of duty that will pit him against you. None can escape fate. And your fate will be sealed by the Gravewardens.

Flaws: Unyielding faith in the Everqueen is a fickle thing. At times it is a boon yet in others a terrible curse. His oaths demand self sacrifice and his fealty will see it through. Moments of zealotry bring fearlessness at the cost of reason.

Background: A recent arrival to these lands, Morthos has taken his time over the last two years attempting to reconnect with his brother. They have always been close, despite both devoting themselves to separate gods. Yet only a handful of years ago, the paladin's usual weekly letter never arrived. Not a single word has been sent since. His search has lead him far away from his home and further away from the people he sought to aid in their goals. In time, Morthos began to find less leads and fewer clues to the whereabouts of his brother's fate. That was until he saw the frantic request for help against Ruin itself. The Cycle of Life has been threatened. Duty, dedication and fury will answer.

He now travels onward with the belief and hope that his sibling continues to fight in the name of the gods.

Other:
    Spoiler: The Cylirrion Empire 

Spoiler: The Gravewardens 
    Last edited by Stormcast; 11-13-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Through action, a Man becomes a Hero
    Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend
    Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth
    And by learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action

I paint models! Feel free to check them out on my Instagram.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Oh there is a lot more trust me xD I just had to stop because my friend got home and he wanted to play some of the multiplayer of the new cod xD Also I feel like I know where your set is from.... I'm pretty sure its from League, but im trying to remember the exact character now xD Lux maybe?
    Yeah, its the splash art for the Elementalist Lux Skin. I totally noticed that you had wolf as your little spirit partner, I just refrained from mentioning it because I had no idea if you actually played or just found the picture while browsing for one to use and liked it =P

In any case, with Trouble's character and Storm's character both up now, I think that makes for everyone I knew was thinking about joining in. I might give it another day or so, just to give anyone else thinking about jumping in a chance, but then I'll probably go ahead and throw up the IC thread.

Of course, people are still welcome to join after then, but they'll have to be treated as late arrivals, or perhaps even find some other reason or way to meet up with everyone else, depending on how far in we are.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

whoop, my net derped and I accidentally double-posted. Nothing to see here

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast