Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] Shadow of the end

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm excited for these new additions!
    It's going to get reallllllllly good

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes!

Now we just need someone to post.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm essentially a lumbering giant, so subtlety isn't my forte.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I'll give it a bit to see if anyone else is planning on throwing a post in, but I'll just keep pushing things forward if we don't get any more responses. There's nothing all that important happening just yet, so no biggie.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I think we're all just kinda waiting on what the basic idea is and the green light to go do our parts.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

All the more front-line fighters will mostly be involved in getting everyone through the front doors, and then holding he perimeter. The more roguish types get to sneak about and try to locate their objective, the key, and perform the actual smash and grab.

I've been trying to keep from giving everyone specific courses of action to to follow, just so that you all have some sort of freedom to play things out as you like. Maybe have Hesina give a few basic instructions in the actual thread to keep everyone on track and make sure the group has all their bases covered, but I was trying to avoid being too strict and confining. If that seems a bit too optimistic, I can write out in detail what I want everyone to do, but such wasn't my original plan.

I do apologise if that still seems a bit vague, but truth be told I'm not sure exactly what sort of info you are after. If you still have specific questions, I'm more than happy to try and answer a little more accurately. I do admit to my inexperience as a GM, so if anyone has any suggestions or the likes as to how things could be run better, I'm more than happy to listen to advice on that front too.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Vague can be good as long as you have the foundation to run with and know how to keep everyone moving in the same logical direction.

But there is a pitfall with being too vague either in character interaction, narration, or OOC GM work. If you give your players, especially a mixed group of experienced players and not so experienced players too many vague directions or letting them set the story line into motion you are gonna lose control of the RP fairly quickly.

Have a set plan in mind and have your main character do it or tell the players to do it. Straight forward tell who is going where and whatever contingency they have to work with. This is especially a good practice to use when you are a slightly inexperienced GM unless you know your players real well. There is a time and place for letting the players go off on their own, but just before a big mission especially our first big one isn't such a time.

All I think we're really wanting is what you have in mind for how this mission will go. Will our Zealots just go off and kill everything, will they listen to the Stealthy chars and not go off and kill things stuff like that.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 12-13-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

A fair argument. You definitely make some solid points, and it's entirely possible that I'm veering much too heavily on the side of caution. Regardless, I appreciate the honest feedback.

I'm on mobile right now, but I'll try and give you a brief overview. If necessary, I can write up a more extensive outline when I get back to my laptop after work.

The cultists are already going to be on high alert after the kidnapping earlier in the night, so stealth isn't going to be an option for the first stage as Hesina originally planned. Instead, the group is going to attack quickly and aggressively, with the hope of incapacitating or killing all the cultists on guard before they can raise the alarm. Our more direct fighters are going to form the spearhead of our assault, while the assassins hang back and wait to pick off anybody who runs for help.

Once the group manages to secure the area, everyone is going to move inside. The less mobile characters will be tasked with securing the exits and making sure that nobody gets in or out, whilst the rouges canvas the building in search of both the storeroom and the key. Both groups will have to deal with a few small patrols, and if either group slips up and raises the alarm then the job of both will get much harder.

From there it's a relatively straightforward case of grabbing the loot, regrouping, and retreating. The actions the group take afterwards will depend on whether the alarm is raised or not, so there'll be consequences if Rikki decides to start blowing things up.

Hopefully that's enough info to clarify everything and keep everybody on track, if not then just say the word.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hehe picking off those who try to run xD sounds like a fun time for my assassin xD
    made by the lovely karma

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Namingtoohard View Post
    Hopefully that's enough info to clarify everything and keep everybody on track, if not then just say the word.
    All sounds fine to me. Also no rush from my end, I realise that other people can sometimes need a bit of time to post - not least if they are someone is stuck in hospital have to do everything on their phone.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast