Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] Shadow of the end

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Default [M/OOC] Shadow of the end

Spoiler: A small taste of what is to come 

Welcome to Ashira, a world on the brink of destruction...not that any of the residents know it yet.

The world has recently been beset by an unknown force. Naming itself 'Ruin', this self-proclaimed deity has begun the slow and methodical destruction of its surroundings, promising to bring the world to its knees. With the ability to decimate entire cities with minimal effort, such a dream does not seem all that impossible, either. Not only this, but hoards of fanatics naming themselves his heralds have begun to spring up in cities around the world. They seek only to sow discord and cause chaos, even at the cost of their lives, to prepare for their master's coming.

Guards and soldier patrols have started disappearing, and several fringe villages have already been wiped off the face of the map. Regardless, the vast majority of the world's population do not yet realise the depths of their peril. Most people continue about their lives as per normal, dismissing all rumours concerning the force called Ruin entirely. Instead they claim that the destruction must have been caused by bandits or marauders or the likes, and people any who claim otherwise are simply delusional.

One person, however, does seem to understand just how endangered the world currently is. A female scholar currently residing in one of the world's largest cities has put out a call to arms, intending confirm the threat that Ruin poses, and then find a means of defeating it. She has requested the help of any other scholars, medics, mercenaries, soldiers, and even thieves or assassins who are willing to aid her in her cause. Aware that the vast majority of people will not be enticed to work solely for the sake of defending the world from this 'rumour', she is offering 'riches and power untold' to help entice any who might be of use to her.

This is the story of those who come to aid her, and their race against time to destroy Ruin before he brings about the end he has promised.

Spoiler: Rules, warnings, and other boring stuff 

Spoiler: What I'd like to see from the players 

Spoiler: A few notes on character creation and world-building 

Spoiler: Character sheet 

I think I've covered just about everything, but just in case, feel free to ask any questions you may have before signing up! I'll probably try and get a proper banner at some point, and possibly even make a map, but we'll see how we go. Hooray for actually trying to be organised for once

Spoiler: List of accepted characters 
    Last edited by Namingtoohard; 12-19-2017 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Adding banner

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yay! I can't wait I'll work on getting my assassin character made! I'll make the actual character post tomorrow though!
    made by the lovely karma

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Namingtoohard!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I'm so excited to see that the OOC is up!
    I'll work on my character sheet when I get home from work and will hopefully have it posted by the end of today or sometime tomorrow.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I will try and have something up in the next day as well. Currently leaning toward a dwarf bounty hunter.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Ok here we go.

Name: Baldin Oriksson
    Age: 135 (going by D&D standards this is early middle age)
    Height: 4'3"
    Race: Dwarf
    Area of expertise: Bounty Hunting. Baldin is experienced in general outdoor skills such as hunting and tracking and is proficient in the use of both missile and melee weapons.

Appearance: Baldin is of fairly typical dwarfish height and also visibly quite stocky with wide hips and shoulders. Facially he has dark hair and eyes with a short black beard. His face also has the rugged and weathered look one might expect of one who has spent much of his life outdoors travelling in hard environments. For clothing he wears a vest of light padded leather above grey leggings and knee-high leather boots with a bearskin cloak over the top.
    Spoiler: looks kinda like this 

Personality: Baldin is a fairly open and forthright individual who rarely sees much need to mince his words. He is used to mixing with other races and generally takes others as they come. He values loyalty and likes working with those he can depend on. In terms of recreation he is fond of a tankard of ale and also appreciates good tavern music.

Background: Baldin was born an area called the Dragontooth Mountains where many dwarf clans mined for iron and copper and occasionally silver. Of course not every dwarf lived in the mines however and baldin came from one of the clans that lived mostly on the surface where they felled timber and herded mountain livestock. Living in such a hardy environment survival skills were naturally an important part of life, not least due to the necessity of the dwarfs to defend themselves from wild creatures that also lived in the mountains.

Growing up was not easy as many of his immediate family had died of disease including both parents while he was still young and he was largely dependant on extended family. Meanwhile his particular clan had also aligned itself to a neighbouring human kingdom where the king used them as rangers to patrol the mountain borders of his kingdom. It was in this way the young Baldin gained additional experience as a warrior.

Eventually after several years living in his clan as a full grown dwarf he decided to travel the world a bit. Many of the lands he came to on his travels were rather lawless and he discovered that with his skills as a tracker and warrior he could make a living plying his trade as a bounty hunter. Over the following years he gradually built up experience and became a veteran in this new line of work in the process successfully hunting down various brigands, barbarians and outlaws.

Other: Carries on his person a crossbow plus a small axe and a concealed knife. On his belt is a small pouch containing his trusty tinderbox and a small amount of poultice for treating wounds.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 11-07-2017 at 02:08 AM.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

This roleplay has been featured as

Thanks to Craze for the banner and you are welcome to use it if you would like. Congrats!!
    Last edited by .Karma.; 11-07-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Looking good, Crazy! I was hoping that someone would have the foresight to give their character some tracking skills, and you've nailed it with the very first character, lol.

In any case, feel free to take your time Numbers and Trouble. There's no rush, though I can't wait to see what you both have come up with~

Also, staff's choice? Ah, thank you so much I've edited in the banner already, and I'll be sure to thank Craze for it when I get the chance.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Looking good, Crazy! I was hoping that someone would have the foresight to give their character some tracking skills, and you've nailed it with the very first character, lol.
    Heh well I was flipping between doing a ranger and doing a bounty hunter so either way it probably would have been covered.

*also I just edited a typo, gret leggings should have read as grey leggings.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This sounds like an exciting RP!!
    Time to start drafting a character.

Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast