Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] Planes of Polarity - Quests For The Truth

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

This mysterious ghost writer intrigues me.

Show yourself, spirit!

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Lol!! .

Sin, will you be joining us?

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Olly Olly oxenfree!

Come on out, Sin.

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Come on Sin! Bring Ollie back!

To the group- Are we ready to start with just four people?

If so, let's pick our first destination. There are some ideas on that in the original planes group if anyone wants to look, or we can just discuss places you might want to see, or things we may want to find. I'd say start with something not too in depth or difficult.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I'd be willing to start now, though I am clinging to hope that Sin will join us. I'm trying to think of a good starting point, not to much avail. I was gonna suggest Area 51, but that seems too complicated. We could start with a mythological beast, or maybe a sideshow with a "mermaid" corpse that we debunk.

I'm dealing with a death in the family right now, so I may be slow to start, but this is definitely a welcome distraction from my guilt-ridden thoughts. Don't hesitate to get the IC up on my behalf, just know that it might be a day or two before I'm feeling coherent and creative enough to get into character.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm ready to start! I should be able to at least get a post up a day, but I might be slow for this week since it's black friday and I work the rest of the week (including today) xD What if some weird dig in Greenland from some previously undiscovered ancient ruin that shares appearance to Norse, but not completely Norse?
    made by the lovely karma

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Those are both really good ideas. Let me think about it a little bit and try to decide what works best with the story. I'll also ask GW (Ghost Writer) if they have any thoughts on that.

In the meantime, here's another CS from GW.

Name: Dr. Peter Terran. He also goes by Pete, and doesn’t often mention the Dr. part, since he feels it makes him sound stuffy and old. His mother calls him Petey, but he would prefer it if you did not.

Appearance: Peter stands just slightly over six feet tall, with broad shoulders and an athletic physique. His dark brown, shaggy, surfer-style hair seems to be constantly in a mess, and his 5 o’clock shadow appears shortly after shaving. His usually casual attire also lends to his “just rolled out of bed” appearance, though he does take some effort to make sure the garb is free of wrinkles. Deep blue eyes are a contrast to his tanned complexion, and a confident yet boyish smile makes him appear friendly and approachable. Peter also has a sizable tattoo of his favorite planet, Neptune, on his right shoulder blade.

Personality: Active, boisterous, and generally fun-loving, Peter is a person with which most everyone can get along. Everyone knows him or knows of him at the local bars and on the beach, and if he does encounter someone new, Pete works hard to make sure that person doesn’t remain a stranger for long. Especially if said stranger happens to be female.

But the good natured playboy isn’t all party all the time. He is passionate about his studies, and has been known to go off on long tangents when anything about planets, be it Earth or someplace far away, is mentioned.
    Occupation and hobby if applicable: Peter is part of the faculty at UC Santa Cruz, where he received his doctorate degree in planetary science. He cares for for his research than actually teaching (that’s what TAs are for, right?), so his hours at the university are usually spent writing in his office or in the lab. As a planetary geologist he studies the makeup of celestial bodies and has a particular passion for planets in the Kuiper Belt. Unfortunately, most of his work is consumed with analysing parts of meteorites and figuring out their origins.

When he’s not at work, Peter is usually outside. He enjoys all sorts of active hobbies including hiking, surfing, camping, stand up paddleboard, rock climbing, and kayaking. If it’s too dark to do any of those things or the weather is poor, chances are good that he will be at the bar, craft beer in hand, getting his social fix.

Bio: Peter was raised by a single mother in Huntington Beach, in Southern California for the first few years of his life. When he in kindergarten, his mother began dating and eventually married what seemed like the perfect man. His stepfather was good looking, made a fair amount of money, and loved Pete. The two quickly became inseparable. The man taught the him everything from how to surf to how to pick out constellations. Peter absolutely idolized him.

But several years later, shortly after Pete turned thirteen, his mother discovered that her husband had been wildly unfaithful. He had been keeping several mistresses for years, and even had a child with one of them. Both Peter and his mother were devastated, and long after they had packed up and moved on, his idea of love was shattered. It seemed to the boy that their little trio had had the perfect relationship, but their love alone wasn’t enough to hold the family together. Perhaps because of the heartache, a fear of betrayal and commitment, or because of his own carefree, fun loving nature, Peter was never able to keep a girlfriend for more than a few months.

We only seek the truth.
    Last edited by Mysteria; 11-21-2017 at 11:47 PM.

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I'm still here everyone, and I hope that you all are too. Unfortunately, the holidays have me so busy along with over time at work that I've not yet been able to decide where we should begin. I know you are all eager to write, so I'm thinking about starting it like I did in the old version with everyone coming to Aiyanna's home first and then them going from there.
    Does that sound okay to everyone or would you have a different preference?

Also, Sinderella!!!! Bring Ollie back puleazeee!!! I really am hoping that you will, because I think she was great and had much to give to the story!! Not to mention, she was super cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi hi, is there still a chance for a spot? If so I will work on a character sheet once I’m home from work.

Set by the lovely Naraness

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm still here and whatever is fine by me ^^
    made by the lovely karma

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast