Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] Planes of Polarity - Quests For The Truth

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Adora, absolutely! I can't wait to see your CS.

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Harriette Larson. Nicknames include Harrietty (after the borrowers character for her tendancy to...collect items) and Etta/Ettie.

Appearance: Harriette would describe herself as fairly average. Light brown hair hangs straight down to her shoulder blades, but is more often than not caught up in a ponytail. Her eyes vary between a grey to light blue, depending on the light or her mood and are framed and magnified by black cat-eye glasses. Her skin is rather pale, both from her British heritage and her lack of interest in the outside world. She stand at an average height of 5’5, and has a curvy build which sits just on the heavier side. Whilst she likes the bonus of a bustier chest, she hates her tummy (alongside the majority of the female population) but not quite enough to really consider exercise. What makes her stand out though is her ever present smile, and she loves the rockabilly style of dress. Under the cardigans are stunning 50’s reminiscent dresses and she has the wardrobe of shoes to match.

Personality: Harriette is a bit of a dreamer, often caught looking off through a window or, as she puts it, “staring at something about three inches inside my skull.” To boot she adores fantasy novels and indoor pursuits, and it shows in her personality as she would definitely prefer stormy days curled up with a book than hot, bright days spent outside in the sun. She’s more shy tham outgoing, but that may be more to do with her lack of interest in making friends than truely shy- although she does tend to charm those she sees on a daily basis with her ever present smile and catching enthusiasm for her passions.

Occupation/and hobby if applicable:
    Harriette is a New Product Development Brewer at a large brewery in New Zealand. In Britain she obtained her Master of Science in Molecular Biology alongside sitting a qualification to obtain a Master Brewer title. She nowholds a role as a New Product Development Brewer at a large craft brewery in Alaska.

In her downtime she loves to read, and sews her own clothes. She also loves to play tabletop roleplaying games and is a common sight at her local games shop. What many don’t know is she dables in wicca out of both a misplaced want for magic to be real, as well as to be able to fit a belief/feeling of something ancient and divine in the world with her scientific mind and world view.

Bio: Harriette has had a pretty ok life. Growing up she was always bullied a little bit, the glasses and the books didn’t help much. She found solace in the school libraries- those that were likely to bully her also weren’t likely to hang out in a library. In fact. She would always have to attend prize givings for the librarian award much to her chargrin. Her grades weren’t top of the class quite, but she was a good student.

Family life at home was also good. Her parents were together, and fought less than other people’s. There was a tense period after her mother suffered a miscarriage, but she did get a sister a few years after that. The 10 years between them meant they’ve never been overly close due to always being at different places in their life, but there is a fierce love between them.

The miscarriage hit her family quite hard, sending her mother into depression for a number of years. Her grandmother became her primary career while her father looked after her mum. Her grandmother was the one who introduced her to a from of paganism, probably well against her Christian mothers wishes. But her grandmother and her built a relationship that is strong to this day during those years, and maybe precedents the growing apart from her parents that happens through high school and university. Whilst she knows that she would always be welcomed home, there’s a distance there that makes her sad, as well as a regret that it means she sees even less of her sister.

Otherwise Uni helped break her out of her shell, and she developed some strong friendships. There was the point where she tried to date her male best friend from highschool because they decided they owed it a shot, but both of them found it too weird. She still keeps in contact with a few of them via Skype to play DND and catch up. The move to the States was ill-conceived, moving over for an Internet relationship that fell through as soon as she actually turned up. I’m he catfishing incident worked out in the end though, with her getting a job she is now in love with, and who doesn’t love a bit of a fresh start?

We drink to seek the truth

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
    Unfortunately, the holidays have me so busy along with over time at work that I've not yet been able to decide where we should begin. I know you are all eager to write, so I'm thinking about starting it like I did in the old version with everyone coming to Aiyanna's home first and then them going from there.
    Does that sound okay to everyone or would you have a different preference?
    I feel it, I've been insanely busy too. That sounds great to me! Whenever you get around to it is fine with me. I definitely am excited for it but am able to be patient with this hectic schedule. I'll have a week or so off soon, and hope to write up a storm then.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
    I'm still here everyone, and I hope that you all are too. Unfortunately, the holidays have me so busy along with over time at work that I've not yet been able to decide where we should begin. I know you are all eager to write, so I'm thinking about starting it like I did in the old version with everyone coming to Aiyanna's home first and then them going from there.
    Does that sound okay to everyone or would you have a different preference?
    Sounds like a good place to start to me. I feel ya with the business though- Christmas/December is busy for everybody and with summer in full swing here I feel like the overtime fairy will be visiting soon for me too so no stress

Set by the lovely Naraness

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Letting everyone know I'm still here! Dealing with the holidays and now a sinus infection has me worn out. I'll try to get this started as soon as I can.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You're fine by me! I can't wait to start!
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take care of you first! I’m a team of five people all by myself at work at the moment so I’m a little busy, but I’m super excited to start!

Set by the lovely Naraness

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Ok gang, now that I'm semi healthy again I'm going to shoot for getting the IC up on Sunday. We will begin at Yanni's home and go from there.

Any suggestions as to where they start can be tossed my way otherwise I'll pick some place to test their abilities to work together as a team.

I am super excited to begin.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What if they go to area 51 to do a specialized military test to see if they can work well together under stressful environments :P place is supposed to be the base of super natural operations
    made by the lovely karma

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Numbers, that is a possibility. We can get our opening posts in and by the time Yanni posts again, we will have made a decision on where they will head first.

I've decided to do this in chapters as I find that sometimes it helps to keep the IC moving and with this type of rp we can move from one location to the next in chapters possibly too.

And now, I present to you your IC.

The house keeper Janice will greet each of you at the door and will show you to your rooms, that will be your starting point upon arrival at the estate. Remember, that Yanni's house is very classy but at the same time there is always some element of Native American in the design of each room, be it mild or not. I leave it to you what you envision your bedroom to be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast