Thread: [M/OOC] Planes of Polarity - Quests For The Truth

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default [M/OOC] Planes of Polarity - Quests For The Truth

Rated M for potential violence, drug usage, coarse language, sexual situations and other adult themes that might offend you

The new story will be about a smaller group than the original story was. The only character being brought over from the original story will be my character Yanni. All other characters will be newly created, regardless if you were in the original story or not. Being in the original story does not mean that you will be accepted into this story.

I am planning on a maximum of seven characters, mine included. Characters will be chosen by me based on their uniqueness and how well I feel they will fit into base story. The story will be based loosely on a set plot, but the story will be character/player driven. I will only be guiding the story back to where I need it to be if I see it veering too far from my original vision for the story as I want us all to use our creativity to build this into something that we all enjoy writing. As well, there is going to be a secret element to this story but that will not come into play until much later in the story. Having said all of that, I now present to you the OOC for ~~~~~~

Planes of Polarity: Quests For The Truth
    (possible name change coming in the near future)

Do you believe in U.F.O's? Do you think there is a possibility of alternate and inter-dimensional places and spaces? Is there a probability of dual realities? What about lost civilizations, outer and inner worlds, or a world where you can expect the unexpected? Do you wonder if everything you’ve ever known to be real is actually real or a false reality?

Then this rp is for you! It is going to be a buffet of Alice in wonderland type stuff meets Science fiction meets pirates, meets futuristic, meets past, meets magic, meets...well, you get the idea by now.

Our story will begin with people either being chosen or volunteering for a very special expedition to find what is claimed to be an ancient civilization in existence that many nay sayers do not believe in. (This has yet to be determined how exactly it will be set up in the IC. If you have suggestions, please let me know!) As well, the title has been chosen in the event that this is split up into chapters.

The people who are on this expedition are those truth seekers who want to find out the truth about everything - Ufo’s, if there is more out there, if there is truly “The Unknown”. You get the idea, yes?? Unfortunately, I cannot give up too many of the details as much of this will be based on surprise factors that the characters will have to figure out, deal with, etc.

Each person will have one specialty or thing that they are good at that they can bring to the expedition to be helpful in some way. This can be anyone from a cook to a college professor!

As well, each person who is on the expedition will also have to send their character sheet to me before posting, and in this character sheet there will be a spot for your characters fear. Just one fear. This will be kept between you and me until the time comes that it may, or may not, be incorporated into the story.

I also want to add, that there will be some serious points in the rp, but there will also be some really off the wall stuff in it as well. After all it, is fantasy, right!

The story will be character driven as well as gm driven/guided.
    Things will happen to your character, but you will still be in control of your character when they happen, unless in case of death which will by and large try to be avoided at all costs.

Now, let’s discuss the rules and expectations of this roleplay.

Spoiler: The Rules! 

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 

Original story group info can be found in the links provided. These ideas may or may not be incorporated into this story depending on what/where we as the new group decide we'd like to see our characters doing/going.

This story will become another chapter based on the redux version of the original story.

I ask that you check out the links above and if you're interested in finding the truth with us, let me know!!

And, I will still be needing one or two people for something special in the rp, so if you are interested in bringing a little something extra to your char throughout the course of the story, pm me that you are interested and we will discuss it.
    Last edited by Mysteria; 11-08-2017 at 11:30 PM. Reason: updating OOC information

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Mysteria!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Name: Aiyanna "Yanni" Humetewa-Delgado

Appearance: With jet black hair and eyes as dark as coal, Aiyanna could easily be spotted in a crowd if she were not so short. Standing at a mere five feet two inches and weighing only one hundred and ten pounds she could just as easily get lost in a crowd if it weren't for her stunning features and the dark tone of her skin due to her Native American heritage.

Don't let her small stature fool you though because this little gal can go off like a bundle of lit dynamite and packs quite the punch, literally. Being health consciences she is extremely fit. She practices boxing and often goes mountain climbing. Yes, she has climbed Mt. Everest.

Spoiler: Aiyanna 

Personality: Yanni is a friendly person, warm, caring and giving but she can come off as cold at times when she is focused on a task or has her mind set on something. Loyal to those she calls friends, she will stop at nothing to lend them a helping hand or be there to defend them should the need arise.

Above all else she expects nothing other than truth and honesty from people and will give you her trust until you do something to take that away. Once that happens, the chances of you ever returning to her good graces are slim and none.

Occupation/and hobby if applicable: Explorer/ Archeologist, Author/Journalist and Philanthropist

Bio: Aiyanna was born and raised in Pahá Sáp, the Black Hills of Wyoming. Half Lakota and half Cheyenne, she learned the ancient customs, traditions and beliefs of her people. She often was a guest speaker on Lakota traditions which can be characterized as a system of spirituality that is fully integrated into a rhythm of life that includes all aspects and patterns of the universe. She has often spoke at schools and colleges on the heritage of her people, and the Wicoh’an Wakan Sakowin (Seven Sacred Rites), the basis of Lakota spirituality.

After attending college, she met a man who would become her husband, while visiting the Smithsonian Institute. Drake Delgado instantly fell in love with the intelligent Yanni and a year later they were married.

It was only by sheer luck that Aiyanna had managed to meet and marry a rich man as she certainly had no aspirations to live among, or be a wealthy individual, already being happy with a more common lifestyle shared by most inhabitants of South Dakota. Drake Delgado would change all of that. Having founded “Delgado Equities” he started out small and turned it into a multimillion dollar corporation that assisted smaller companies to grow by backing them and taking stock in them.

Five years after they were married Aiyanna was devastated when her husband’s private plane went down killing both him and his pilot. For a while Yanni would remain in seclusion in the lavish 100 acre estate that her and her husband lived in. Although her grieving period would pass, her love for her beloved and recently deceased husband and the ideals that he stood for spurred her into becoming more active in her new role as sole owner of Delgado Equity. Having more money than she knew what to do with she began donating money to charities, and became more involved in society, often holding charity events and parties to drum up money by some of the most renowned socialites to be found in her California estate. All proceeds made from these events were of course donated to local charities.

In conjunction with her philanthropic activities, Yanni also started a sub division of Delgado Equities that catered to her other personal interests, and named it Quest Travel Agency. This agency would afford those who wished to travel to sites that were claimed to be mystical, magical, and supportive of her personal ideals and beliefs in the unknown. As she began to travel more, her interests in the unknown encompassed a myriad of ancient legends, urban legends, lost artifacts and civilizations along with her firm belief that we are not alone in the universe. Aiyanna is also a member of Truth Seekers International.

In recent news, Yanni returned to Mt. Everest for a second climb after the untimely accident of her first attempt at an expedition with her friend and personal pilot Piv along with others of like mind who had gathered for the first journey.

Currently she is gathering a group of select individuals for a second attempt at an expedition that encompasses her desire to do that which has become her life's mission.

This is her personal quest to seek and reveal all truths....

We seek only the truth.

Last edited by Mysteria; 11-08-2017 at 11:40 PM.

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

How the heck did I miss this a few days ago? My bad!! I have to go put in a quick shift at the nature center, but I'll get my CS sorted out once I'm back home for lunch.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Scintillating Sinner
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

;c. Oh my. Planes resurrection and my troublemuffin? I'm so tempted to revive Ollie.
    Spoiler: stuffz 

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

TM, I'm glad that you found it

Sinnn....yes. Do it!!!!

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Name: Esther Mendoza

Appearance: At 5'5", she is of average height and build, with the muscle tone of a scholar. Her dark hair flows straight naturally and reaches her navel. Her eyes are a shade or two lighter, and her plump lips are typically set in a slight smirk.
    Spoiler: reference photo 

Occupation: Recent graduate with a BS in both Biological and Environmental Science; naturalist at a wildlife refuge. Hobby: Studying both endangered and mythical creatures.

Bio: Esther grew up in a nice enough home in Napa, California, where her parents live to this day. They are still married after 34 years and though have seen the world change drastically in that time, they have always learned to adapt to the changes together. Their bond and their home have always remained a safe haven, and Esther's development benefited greatly from her parent's strength.

After finishing high school, she went to Santa Rosa junior college and then transferred to a university upstate in Humboldt. It was there that she grew passionately involved in protesting for environmental safety and restoration with a relatively large group of fellow students. Despite her activism, she managed to keep her grades up and switched her major to environmental science. After double-majoring in Biological and Environmental Sciences, she was hired by a friend’s father who funded a Wildlife Refuge. She has kept up with her research and published a few articles about the importance of protecting what species diversity is left in the world. Esther plans to eventually go back to school for her Master's, but is antsy to get into the field already.

Personality: The self-proclaimed “defender of life” is, naturally, an absolute pacifist. She is friendly and altruistic, but perhaps a little too quick to trust. Esther is a spirited and opinionated woman, with the knowledge to back up her claims. Even though she is passionately opinionated, she’s willing to accept others’ right to interpret the knowledge life presents them in their own way. Driven by logic and reason, she’s not reluctant to let new information persuade her opinions, granted its sources’ credibility are undeniable. These quests could potentially force her to question her pacifistic beliefs, but she is not afraid to do so. Perhaps the truth is that not all peaceful goals can be achieved through peaceful means, only most.

We seek only the truth.
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 11-11-2017 at 05:11 AM.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

From our ghost writer:

Name: Ellie Valentine

Appearance: Ellie has Scottish roots, which is evident in her emerald colored eyes, auburn hair, and a light brush of freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheekbones. Her hair is shoulder length and tends to break into waves when exposed to water or high humidity. While her skin is naturally on the fair side, the girl enjoys spending time outside whenever she can, so she sports a healthy tan. She stands around average height at 5’5” with an athletic, if a little curvy, figure.

Personality: Ellie is friendly, though not overly so. Though she is open to conversation and meeting new people, a part of her remains guarded. She appears to be content at least, if not happy, but she privately struggles with mistrust issues and anxiety. Her nervous side is one that she has been very good at protecting from the public eye.
    Occupation/and hobby if applicable: Though she has been working as a bartender for the past two years, Ellie was originally trained and certified as a registered nurse.

Bio: Growing up in a a rural area of Washington was nothing exciting. If anything, Ellie’s early life could be describe as anything but exciting. She was the middle child of an older brother and a younger sister. Her middle class parents stayed together. She got good grades and played soccer in high school. Even choosing the traditionally feminine career as a nurse felt just plain boring, as if she was just following a set of instructions on how to live her life. That was probably why Ellie took the chance to be a part of Dr. Philip Devon’s office after graduation.

Dr. Devon was the talk of all the nursing students, and even some of the professors when Ellie was attending school. He was said to be young, extremely intelligent, handsome, and had just moved into town to set up a new health study. She wasn’t sure of the details… no one really was, as the project was clouded in secrecy. But it was said to be cutting edge. Daring. It was said that it could potentially change the viral diseases were treated. Upon graduating, she applied with Dr. Devon, as did many of her fellow new nurses. And she got the job.

Looking back, Ellie would say that she should have seen the signs that something was not right in the office. While she and the other nurses and assistants on staff were bright, they were all young and inexperienced. Dr. Devon was charming, intoxicatingly so, and had the uncanny ability to deflect a question and turn his answer into a compliment, leaving his opponent without answers, but still feeling satisfied or even flattered. Ellie’s tasks were simple; taking vitals from the various patients who came into the office. Weight, height, that sort of thing. Smile, be friendly, and help the patient feel at ease. It was an easy job, and she was paid well for it.

One day, Ellie got to work to find the receptionist and two other nurses standing around in the waiting room, looking bewildered. Dr. Devon was no where to be found. A few hours later, the police showed up looking for him. Then the CDC. Ellie and the others in Devon’s employment were taken into custody and interviewed, and she eventually got the impression that the doctor she had worked for was not only accused of malpractice, but had been intentionally infecting patients, adults and children, with a wide variety of viruses in order to study the contagious effects. She was eventually released, but Dr. Philip Devon was never found, and the scandal bled into the media.

Though she had graduated at the top of her class and was, in fact, a good nurse, Ellie was never able to get another job in her field no matter how she tried. She was the nurse who had worked for that doctor. Who had helped him with that crime against humanity. Her nursing career was finished.

Eventually, she got a job as a bartender, just to pay the bills.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Sheeria 'Rhia' Zurbank

Appearance: Sheeria is only about 4'11" tall. She is of Japanese and German descent and has a smaller frame of body, with leaner muscle built on top. On her back, she has several scars from whips and has several wounds where her liver is that were caused by gunshots. Her eyes and her blue eye color are that of the small amount of German in her. She has a smaller nose and some freckles on her cheek. Often she wears jeans and a black long sleeve shirt, both when working and when not working. As well as some black military boots.

Personality: Sheeria is strong-willed and stubborn. She believes in doing what is needed to protect those who can't protect themselves. Even if that means killing another human being to do so. She is heavily loyal to those she works with and is more than willing to lean on those around her for support to get certain jobs done. She's not one for talking her way out of a situation and prefers to answer with action instead of words.

Occupation/and hobby if applicable: Sheeria was in the American military for seven years after school. Now she does odd job security work for different companies as a contractor.

Bio: Sheeria grew up in a small farming family in a small town area in Kansas. As she grew up she was a tomboy who always was getting down and dirty. As she went through school she participated in football as well as soccer, turning her body into a more fit physic. As she entered her Junior year of high school she started to talk to the military recruiter. After high school, she quickly joined the army and spent the next 7 years serving in the military. In the military, she was captured by a group of terrorists and was tortured in a small room that was so dark, that her eyes couldn't even adjust to it. She never broke and gave up intel, but it did leave deep scars in her mind, resulting in her avoiding capture in future missions. When she turned 25 she received a letter from home. Her parents had died in an accident and the farm as well as her younger sister needed taking care of. With that she got an honorable discharge from the military, with the invitation to come back at a higher position. Six months of being home Sheeria and her sister sold off the farm and got a smaller estate in the small town. Sheeria's sister got emancipated but they continued to live together. Sheeria started taking odd jobs as security for a lot of the different companies in the small town. Until she received a special letter from a general in the army. It was a request for her to work a special top secret job as a security consult for some kind of science team. They offered to pay big time and to send the pay to her sister to help take care of her, with a soldier guarding her at all times if Sheeria requested it. Naturally she took both the offer of the job as well as the offer for a guard for her sister and she went to the nearest airport to go the location that she was supposed to head to.

We seek only the truth.
    made by the lovely karma

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Another character from our ghost/guest writer

Name: Dr. Peter Terran. He also goes by Pete, and doesn’t often mention the Dr. part, since he feels it makes him sound stuffy and old. His mother calls him Petey, but he would prefer it if you did not.

Appearance: Peter stands just slightly over six feet tall, with broad shoulders and an athletic physique. His dark brown, shaggy, surfer-style hair seems to be constantly in a mess, and his 5 o’clock shadow appears shortly after shaving. His usually casual attire also lends to his “just rolled out of bed” appearance, though he does take some effort to make sure the garb is free of wrinkles. Deep blue eyes are a contrast to his tanned complexion, and a confident yet boyish smile makes him appear friendly and approachable. Peter also has a sizable tattoo of his favorite planet, Neptune, on his right shoulder blade.

Personality: Active, boisterous, and generally fun-loving, Peter is a person with which most everyone can get along. Everyone knows him or knows of him at the local bars and on the beach, and if he does encounter someone new, Pete works hard to make sure that person doesn’t remain a stranger for long. Especially if said stranger happens to be female.

But the good natured playboy isn’t all party all the time. He is passionate about his studies, and has been known to go off on long tangents when anything about planets, be it Earth or someplace far away, is mentioned.

Occupation and hobby if applicable: Peter is part of the faculty at UC Santa Cruz, where he received his doctorate degree in planetary science. He cares for for his research than actually teaching (that’s what TAs are for, right?), so his hours at the university are usually spent writing in his office or in the lab. As a planetary geologist he studies the makeup of celestial bodies and has a particular passion for planets in the Kuiper Belt. Unfortunately, most of his work is consumed with analysing parts of meteorites and figuring out their origins.

When he’s not at work, Peter is usually outside. He enjoys all sorts of active hobbies including hiking, surfing, camping, stand up paddleboard, rock climbing, and kayaking. If it’s too dark to do any of those things or the weather is poor, chances are good that he will be at the bar, craft beer in hand, getting his social fix.

Bio: Peter was raised by a single mother in Huntington Beach, in Southern California for the first few years of his life. When he in kindergarten, his mother began dating and eventually married what seemed like the perfect man. His stepfather was good looking, made a fair amount of money, and loved Pete. The two quickly became inseparable. The man taught the him everything from how to surf to how to pick out constellations. Peter absolutely idolized him.

But several years later, shortly after Pete turned thirteen, his mother discovered that her husband had been wildly unfaithful. He had been keeping several mistresses for years, and even had a child with one of them. Both Peter and his mother were devastated, and long after they had packed up and moved on, his idea of love was shattered. It seemed to the boy that their little trio had had the perfect relationship, but their love alone wasn’t enough to hold the family together. Perhaps because of the heartache, a fear of betrayal and commitment, or because of his own carefree, fun loving nature, Peter was never able to keep a girlfriend for more than a few months.

We only seek the truth.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast