Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost Heart {M}{IC}

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Velayned turned red most of the time while Alessia was dragging her around by hand. She was strong, but also felt the tip of her fingers were soft. After following her for some time, she looked around in the family east wing of the family house. Paintings of previous families on walls and other arts included. Once they arrived to Alessia's room, she looked around of how elegant it was. She even looked at the window that was between the outside and her room. It was more a glass wall then a window. She watched and listened to Alessia explained about her life and what was to be expected of her.

She allowed the woman to wrap the leather harness belt around her waist and tugged on it carefully. She looked at the small dagger in it's sheath. She touched the hilt of it and then pulled it out, examining the blade and twirled it with her fingers, spinning it on her palm and placed it back in the sheath.

"A little light, looks a little dull, and..." She tugged on the harness and snugged it carefully on her waist so she can easily move around. "...there we go, feeling better." She chuckled. "Why do I know this?" She felt a ping in her head. Something she may have been familiar with. She looked to the other. "I'm alright, just a slight headache is all."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Hmmm, I'm not surprised it's dull. That dagger is what I used to use for training. After my magic came in though I had no need for weapons like that." As if to give an example she walked to an open part of her room and raised her right hand up slightly. As she did so the air near her hand filled with runes and the runes started to move up and down her arm. Water started to form in the air and it slowly collected together until it fused into ice. The ice slowly got bigger and bigger until it formed the shape of a sword. The runes that were on her arm, moved down along the skin and off of her fingertips onto the ice sword. Once all the runes were on the sword of ice. They melted into it and the sword changed from ice to a material that looked like steel. Alessia gave it a swing through the air and as it cut through the air, it looked like it was cutting through a river almost. She then put the blade on top of her other hand and the blade exploded into small particles of snow that quickly melted.

She then turned back to Velayna with a smile on her face. "Now what I am really surprised is that you could tell the blade was dull. Though I guess it could be due to your work as a servant. I'm sure you've been in the kitchen and seen the quality of the knives that get used here in this house. It should be easy to tell the difference between the sharp kitchen knives and the dull dagger that was forgotten about." She walked over to the window and looked out them. Her window overlooked the forest that was behind their house.

As she looked out over the forest she got a feeling in the back of her head. Rain was coming. She narrowed her eyes and put her hands on the windows, feeling the cold from outside them. "A storm is brewing. There may be no clouds, but like my sword, a clear sky can turn to a dark storm in an instant." She then turned back to Velayna with her eyes closed, head cocked, and a smile on her face. "Just kidding." She said with an easy smile to cover the lie. "Come. It's time we went to the stables. As I told the captain, you will be riding with me. Don't want something to happen and have you get separated from the group." She said as she opened her eyes and started to walk back toward the door that they had come through in order to get in the bedroom.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

When Alessia had mentioned something about the kitchen staff using knives and other cutlery items. She must have assumed that was where Velayna had her minor skill training come from. Though most of the time, Velayna was told to bring fresh clean cloths and dispose the old and dirty ones. She had never touched one knife during her time here at the Lord's home. Velayna only chuckled softly at the thought while looking at her hand as she was using her magic, but when Alessia used her ice shard as a display. Velayna could have felt something hot in her hand. She looked to her open palm and noticed how warm it had gotten.

"Maybe we should take our robes in case it rains?" She asked looking over her shoulder. But when she joked, Velayna only smiled in return. She still considered the thought however, "Maybe it is still best to bring a couple of coats just in case?" She wondered.

After a while, Velayna was carrying a couple of coats, one for herself and the other for Alessia. As they had arrived to the stables, the Captain was waiting at the front entrance. "Ah, you arrived." The Captain gives a slight nod, "Your stead is ready, but if you insist about having your servant ride with you, maybe it is time to give her quick lesson?" He looked to the human girl as she wondered inside. "My men need to ride quick before the day is over, I am told the bandits have horses of their own." He lets out a soft sigh, "Late news I'm afriad." He turned around when he heard another walking towards them, a young girl. Almost the same age at Alessia. "This is Sergeant Mia, she will be assisting you with this mission. My duties remain here until we have a full secure of these lands, and also I sent a detachment to the woods to locate a beast, so I have thirty men ready." He takes a slight bow before leaving.

Sergeant Mia looked to Alessia, "I know your father was military and as of you. So I will leave command to you." She gives a small bow. "As the Captain said, and if you have time. We can give your servant a quick lesson." She turned to find Velayna, only to see her next to a grey horse with black spots. Velayna had appeared to have a saddle already on the creature.

"Is it too tight?" She asked the horse, though the horse only gives a snort. "Guess not." Velayna chuckled. The Sergeant walked over to her and noticed how perfectly she made the saddle. "You know how to set up a saddle." Mia smiled.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smiled as she watched her servant already get to work. "I guess I chose the right servant to elevate to a higher position. Fetching me my coat, getting my horse ready for me. Even be able to tell a dull blade. I wonder, what else have you been hiding from us little bird." She said with a sly smile on her face as she walked over to the horse. She quickly put one foot in the stirrup and lifted herself up and over so that she was now sitting on top of the saddle. She moved one of her hands to the side of its neck and leaned forward, whispering lightly into its ear as she rubbed its neck.

She then sat straight and grabbed the reigns with one of her hands. "I remember hearing something about a monster being mentioned in the meeting earlier. Is there a demon on the loose in our forests?" Alessia extended a hand out to Velayna to pull her up onto the saddle behind her. "Make sure to wrap your arms around me. I would hate to have you fall off in the middle of battle. Just be mindful of my tail, I'd rather you not squish it since I would just have to brush it again to make my coat shine some more." She said with pride in her voice. To their race, they took price in the appearance of their tails. It was something that went cross positions in their kingdoms, always wanting to have one's tail look good. The appearance of one's tail was a great way to tell the position of one in the kingdom. After all, the more money and resources one had, the better they're able to take care of their tail.

She cleared her mind from her train of thought as she looked to the Sergeant that was by her horse. "I guess whatever it is that is in the forest, whoever goes after it is probably skilled enough to take it down. It's my job to worry about it none the less but for now, we must focus on the bandits. Sergeant! I assume the captain has shown you the location of the bandit's base. Go ahead and take the lead of this war party, in heading to their camp. I'll sit in the middle of our war party and I'll fire my magic. Have a few soldiers in the back and on the sides in order to keep my rear and sides protected. Move the rest to the front. You should probably stay in the center with me to issue better commands as well. While I may be military so are you. You give the orders and I'll simply make sure we come out of this alive. What better way for you to gain experience and become a captain yourself some day."
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The Sergeant placed her hands behind her back as she watched the two. She smiled about the comment of her tail being squished. The Sergeant however, her fur was brown with white tips on her ears and tail. She listened to Alessia asking about the beast that lurked in a different area. "Just a strange creature ma'am, we got a detachment enroute to that location." She walked over to another horse across from where Alessia and Velayna were. She saddled up on a brown horse, close to her color, and clicked her tongue. "Yes ma'am, we got the location of their camp and if we hurry, we can kill them all before they get on their own mounts." She smiled when she was given command. "No worries ma'am, I studied stragety and formation issues." She pulled the reins and lead the two out of the stables.

The Sergeant stopped and looked to a large group waiting outside. "Thirty soldiers and ten archers." She said proudly, "And don't worry about formation ma'am." She marched her horse forward, just only a little. "Soldiers, we got a camp filled with bandits that had been terrorizing our suppy line." She looked around. "We been tasked to make sure these bandits disappear for good, and it is our job to protect our people, now let's move out!" She headed towards the gate, soon the others followed. Velayna kept her hands around the Alessia's waist. She leans forward and whispered, "She gots spunk." Then giggled.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smiled upon hearing the comment from her servant. "Don't think I have forgotten about all of these secrets you have been keeping little bird. If you keep this kind of stuff up though. The hidden knowledge that is, not the comments. I should have no problem convincing my father to let you see the sword. Though even if I decide to try and convince him of that, you will still have to wait until after the emperor has left our fine estate. We can't have any accidents coming up while he is here. After of which, we will work on getting you some armor outfitted and maybe... Just maybe... We will let you take a look at the sword before the general arrives at our estate as well. Though I am curious to see how a human general will react when he sees a human servant in our lands. Their kingdoms are all about granting more freedom and paying people for their work." She shook her head as she gave the horse a light kick to get it moving toward the group of soldiers before finally setting up, following them as they went to the location of the bandit camp.

When they started to get closer to the bandit camp, the group started to slow down to get ready for it. Alessia leaned back some to move her head next to Velayna's ear in order to whisper into it. "Keep your dagger in its sheath. Only pull it out if you somehow fall off of my horse. If you fall, I'll do my best to retrieve you before you get injured, but my magic is already going to be busy protecting in case the soldiers aren't up to the work." She said in a more teasing voice before looking back to the sergeant. "My magic is ready at your word."
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The Sergeant nodded and looked to her men, "Archers, circle around the camp and pick off stragglers and shoot down the archers or mages." She looked at the camp once more. "They got an Orc, those bastards are tough." She returned her attention back to the group, "Ten men will surround Alessia to keep her safe and let her use her magic on our foes. The rest will stay in formation, once we're in the camp slaughter them all." She turned her horse, "Archers move to the left once we get closer to the camp." She reached for her helmet and placed it on her head, her ears still stick out however. "Forward!" She kicked her horse and started galloping over the hill. Soon the group followed and then started to charge, the sounds of heavy hooves shook the ground.

They were getting closer and the archers started moving the left. The guard who was supposed to keep watch was asleep, no doubt he had been drinking the wine. Once the group had gotten closer, the bandits was a mix of humans, and kitsune's. The group entered the camp, the Sergeant swings her sword to the right and strikes down a bandit, the man screams in pain as he fell on the ground. The camp was alerted and started getting out of their tents and reached for their weapons, the mages tried to use their spells, but were picked off by the archers circling around the camp.

Alessia's horse galloping with the others, but had to jump over a log. Velayna felt her body weight lifted and her hands lost their grip on the woman, she fell on the ground and rolled for a short distance. She gasped and groaned as she got back on her feet. She heard a sudden roar, the Orc swung his club at the soldiers, but missed several times. Velayna looked around and sees a bandit coming right at her. She stood up quickly and waited for the right moment, once the bandit swings his sword, Velayna dodged the attack, but also grabbed onto his hands. Disarming the bandit and spun in a circle, killing the bandit with his own sword. She heard another yell behind her and deflected the attack and struck him down as well.

She twirls the sword in her hand and thrust the sword in reverse, a bandit tried to sneak attack, but felt the blade pierce into his heart. He slowly falls to the ground. Velayna was breathing a little heavy at first, but soon managed to catch her breath. She looked around sees a large club coming right at her, she dodged it by rolling on the ground. The Orc had multiple arrows on his back, but seem to have little effect on the beast. She continued dodging by rolling on the ground, the Orc was getting aggressive and angry. Velayna waited for a moment once she sees another swing. She rolled forward to get behind the Orc, she gets back on her feet and turned around quickly. She jumps on the beast with her sword struck in it's back. She dropped kicked on the sword's hilt and the blade pierced through the body.

Multiple bodies laid on the ground, the troops checked the tents and the bodies that laid on the ground. Some bandits were wounded, but were quickly killed. The Sergeant stopped her horse next to Alessia, breathing kind of heavily. "I believe we got them all ma'am." She looked around and noticed Alessia's servant was covered in both dirt and blood. "Are you wounded?" She asked. Velayna dusted her uniform, "No." She said simply.
    Last edited by MidKnight; 11-14-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia went into the battle with the others and as the battle started Alessia conjured her battle magic. She only had to use her minor level spells in this battle. Runes flew around her body and formed different shields and weapons that were at the ready to attack if the need came. However, the need never did arise. Alessia watched with boredom as the soldiers took care of everything on their own and Alessia couldn't help but wonder why she was brought here in the reason.

In the middle of combat, at some point her servant fell off and she cast a glance in the area. Seeing as her magic was not needed to fight this battle she used her magic to keep a careful eye on her servant. Making sure she was never truly in danger of dying, but letting her fend for herself. Alessia was quite surprised of her servant but also now growing some what more suspicious.

Alessia followed over to where her sergeant was with her servant. "We have a lot of to discuss when we get back to the castle Velayna. Yes, indeed, we have quite a lot to discuss when we get back." More than anything Alessia was suspicious of this human they had found before. What other secrets was she keeping, Alessia wondered with a great deal.

Alessia looked over the battle area. "Gather the supplies they stole from us and burn the rest to the ground. Burn the bodies as well. These bandits deserve no burial as the gods will not allow them to go to the afterlife. Not while I have a choice in the matter." Alessia spoke with a more cold tone now as her eyes were narrowed at the bodies and her tail was awfully still.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Hours passed after burning the bodies and reclaiming the stolen supply shipment from the bandit camp. They arrived back to the Lord's manor, horses led back into the stables and the soldiers to the armory and barracks. As for the two, Alessia and Velayna. Velayna had followed Alessia to her father's office area where he discussed most matters with his people. Once the two had entered and Alessia informed her father about the battle and wanted to discuss about Velayna and her odd skills.

The Lord looked to the young human female. He sat on his chair behind his desk and looked calm. "You said before when we found you, you can not recollect any of your memories?" He asked. Velayna nodded, "I just remember waking up in the infirmary of your home." She said softly.

"And yet, your skills on the field is very surprising." He sighs, "So you know how to kill an Orc, and use a sword?" He pondered a moment. He gives a simple wave for her to be dismissed. Then turned his attention to Alessia once Velayna had left the room with the door closed behind her.

"I wonder, if she was trained in the arts of war?" He asked himself, but also asking Alessia for her opinion. "She did dressed oddly when we found her, did we not?" He recalled finding Velayna in a black robe, which also included her clothing. "I wonder if the Emperor knows something about this kind of clothing." He sighs softly. "He knews quite a few things." He tapped on a piece of paper that laid on his desk. "What else have you noticed about Velayna?"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Several interesting things that is for sure. She can tell the difference between a dull dagger and a sharp one. She knows how to at least saddle a horse but I get a feeling that she also knows how to handle a horse as well. All in all, I feel like there is much more to her that we don't know about." Alessia walked over to the window that was in his office and was looking out them. "Whether or not she consciously remembers this information though is a completely different question. For all we know this is information she just remembers from like muscle memory."

Alessia walked over to her father's desk and picked up some of the papers to look at them and see the information that was written down on top of them. "As of right now I would say she is some kind of human soldier. Maybe she was a human spy that was sent to spy on us. Then on her way to the mission she got injured and suffered from Amnesia. It would explain why the human general wants to meet with us. That is besides wanting to discuss the fact that I sent his son home with a broken leg." She said with a sly smile and a snicker. "If she is a spy, he would want to visit to see if he could discover the reason that she isn't reporting back and to collect her if needed. That would explain what she was wearing but I guess it wouldn't explain the sword unless it's some human secret or something like that."
    made by the lovely karma

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast