Thread: [ M | O O C ] C L I M B

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [ M | O O C ] C L I M B

WARNING: This roleplay will include strong language, intense situations, mentionings of sexual encounters, and the use of alcohol/drugs. If any of that frightens you, this roleplay is not for you.

C Ƚ I M B

Welcome, CITIZEN 980654023. Going up?

B A C K G R O U Π D

In 2124, the population of America had finally hit 1 billion. But by then, there had already been population growth issues. Due to environmental issues causing much fertile farm land to turn literally to dust. People flocked to towns and cities for work and dense pockets of "Mass Population" formed (50 million+). These Mass Population Cities, or MPCs usually didn't have the land to expand, as farmlands that commonly surrounded cities before were intensly hot and uninhabitable, an issue quickly being addressed. Because of this, cities followed Manhattan's lead and expanded upwards. Skyscrapers began to reach the thousands in terms of levels and spider walkways and roads provided a means of travel between the buildings instead of returning to the ground and traveling back up. Technology was developed to deal with the air pressure up on higher levels to create a hospitable environment.

Of course, the higher up the levels were, the more expensive they were. A new way of ordering the social ladder arose; a much more literal one. The higher up you lived, the wealthier you were. The lower you lived, the poorer you were. The phrase "moving up in the world" took on a literal meaning. But sadly, due to the lack of jobs and steadily increasing population, it's hard to move up along with the fact that depending on what level you lived on, this determined how high you could travel up unless given specific permission. However, with that good ol' classic American spirit, anything is possible.

S ∑ T T I N G

This roleplay will take place on the island of Manhattan. Most, if not all, the the recognizable buildings have been replaced by taller skyscrapers and Times Square no longer exists. The boroughs have been consolidated into Harlem (East/West Harlem, Morningside Heights), Uptown (Upper East/West Side, the area where Central Park was), Midtown (Midtown East/West, Times Square, Garment District, Murray Hill, Chelsea, Gramercy, Stuyvesant Town, Greenwich, East Village), and the Downtown (Soho, Little Italy, Lower East Side, Tribeca, Chinatown, Financial District) Districts. Within the districts areas can still keep their former names, but this if usually more common on lower levels in the Downtown District (i.e., Chinatown and Little Italy due to demographics).

Regardless of the district, there are Sections which are 10 levels each (all levels of skyscrapers are now a uniform height). The first Section is the lowest number and they increase upwards to the average highest level (if one or two skyscrapers have, say, 1,020 levels but the rest average out to around 1,000, the 20 levels in those two buildings will be grouped into Section 10). The Sections are then loosely divided further into socioeconomic levels: lower, middle, and upper class.

Spoiler: Misc. Setting Information 

P U R P Ф S E

For many, the new heirarchy is too much. The government rarely allows anyone from sections lower than 7 to serve, crime rates are close to 100% due to police neglect, disease and illiteracy rates are rising, and the movement restriction bothers most. A revolution has been stirring, even with government agents inflitrating and crushing many of the leaders. This one...this one's different. With Thaddeus "Deus" Soloman at the head, there's more hope. His higher education and sharp thinking has garnered a small army with spies, fighters, and other leaders. He's aiming to build a small "dream team", a mix of middle and lower Section citizens with the necessary skills to infiltrate a select elite class with close ties to the government, then the government as a whole.

C H A Я A C T E R S

In this roleplay, you have rather a few options on who you'd like to be. You can be a lower or middle Section citizen with the resistance (whether fully in or taking advantage of it for personal/monetary gain - an antihero of sorts), an elite fighting the resistance (like a cop/investigator), or an elite secretly helping it. You must be tied somehow to the resistance or you probably won't do very much productively.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 

R Џ L E S

1. NO GODMODDING. If you're for the resistance, you can't immediately just take over the government and if you're anti-resistance, you can't just kill the rebellion.
    2. No railroading. If you have an idea HMU first.
    3. GMs report to me unless it's a minor issue.
    4. Keep OOC drama to a minimum; take it to PM or talk to me/a GM.
    5. Posts must be 4+ sentences and we must be able to easily differentiate between your 2+ characters if you have that many.
    6. Be respectful. Don't control other people's characters unless they give you exclusive permission.
    7. No OOC chat in the IC thread.
    8. Please reply at least once a day. If you're going to be gone/posting might be hard, please let us know in the OOC. After one time of not replying without letting us know before hand, you get a second chance then you'll be kicked out. After not replying for three days in OOC and IC, your character will be killed off.
    9. Sex is allowed, but fade-to-black it. We don't want to read that.
    10. Drugs/alcohol are allowed but don't go overboard. Same with swearing unless it is justified (i.e., arguing).
    11. Just be chill and have fun <3

This roleplay is OPEN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Down as fuck, joining tomorrow!!

picture by rubisfirenos || edit by me

Spoiler: Ayy 

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, divinity!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

UM CAN BEE RESIST A WELL DESIGNED RP, BOTH WRITING WISE AND AESTHETICALLY??

HECK NO SHE CAN'T

JOINING THIS BAD BOY
    if that's ok like haha

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic