Thread: Looking for RP Partners (Stop by, suggest a plot, or inquire about one of mine!)

The Moonlight Knight
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Looking for RP Partners (Stop by, suggest a plot, or inquire about one of mine!)

Hello!

Some of the RP's I have been working on slowed down or my partners went MIA for a few months, so I'm looking to start a couple more. I am a pretty casual role-player. You can expect me to put in a decent amount of effort into my posts, but unlike a lot of people here I am NOT a serious writer, nor do I aspire to be one.

My main interests are magical, fantasy role plays. I can do with or without romance in the story, as long as it is not the only focus. I mostly play human male characters, but I have played as just about any kind of character you can think of

Just a few notes...

- I'm pretty big on controlling multiple characters, I don't mind if my partner does the same. A lot of them are throwaways, but if I decide to have multiple main characters I try to type at least 3-4 paragraphs for each whenever I use them in a post. I also try to keep a balanced number of male and female characters

- I'm completely okay with 1-2 paragraph posts if they at least give me enough to work off of. I would sometimes argue short posts are more appropriate when you expect a reaction from your partners character to interrupt your own's

- Expect me to PM or ask you OOC if you're okay with the direction the plot is going. I like feedback because I know I'm not a great writer, and wouldn't mind improving by trying to appeal to my partner's preferences in technical aspects of writing, plot tempo, or plot development

-Don't completely ignore writing mechanics. Capitalize and use punctuation, etc. If you're new to English, I would be happy to help as much as I can

-God mode is pretty lame, if it's my character vs your character in some sort of confrontation let's flip a coin on it unless we both agree to let it go a certain way

Here are some loosely defined plots I have been thinking of. If you want more info or would like to help build upon any of these then let me know! And of course, I am open to hearing any suggestions, so feel free to post them here or PM me directly!

The Awakening

The kingdom of Anarist maintained dominance over the known worlds for nearly as long as scholars cared to document history. Inevitably, discourse would stir and a war would arise every so often. Sometimes these would be simple quarrels over land with neighboring kingdoms, or perhaps an uprising. In times where the king's men seemed to lack the strength to find victory, one of the Solmnites were summoned.

The Solmnite were said to have been created by the mages that helped build the country, to defend the throne in times of need. Only one could be reborn every fifty years, and when they appeared, they would have no memories and no real skills. Over time, their ability to fight would come back naturally, even without training, but it would be up to the caregiver to help shape the Solmnite's personality and ideals. I would like to play as the Solmnite, summoned in a time of war, as well as the king who sees the Solmnite as a mere tool for victory. My partner would play the caregiver, who might not share the king's views in this regard.

The Lone Pirate

A Robin Hood story, but this time our boy Robin is a pirate with a few salty tricks up his sleeve. They say he can slip onto a ship in the dead of night, steal the captain's underwear, and vanish before you can say "Yar har fiddle dee dee!" None know of his past and he seems to have no crew to speak of. If he did, they would have mutinied by now. The man pirates and steals from the rich nobles' ships, but every coin is given back to the poor in the next port. Not a single woman is touched or raped, and in most cases not a single man is killed during his raids. What sort of man would go through so much trouble to live as an outlaw without any reward for himself?

Robin's story as a lone wolf ends when he sails passed a sunk ship, the floating remains lit ablaze. Unsure of whether or not the wreck was caused by an attack or a fatal malfunction within the liner, he sought any survivors. His search only yielded a single breathing body, your character. The two would become inseparable ever since, and his new partner would join in Robin's adventures and learn more about his past and his secret to being the captain of the smallest crew in the world.
    Last edited by Headwrapper; 12-09-2017 at 02:09 PM.

my favorite is fantasy but i can work with almost anything
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Im interested in the lone pirate

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I´m interested in the wizard tower

Medieval Fantasy, Modern Fantasy
    Mentioned