Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M][OOC] Star Wars: Chronicles of Taris - Chapter One: Shadow of the Jedi-Killer

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpnaster View Post
    I was thinking something fun like a reprogrammed security class battle driod (Because they actually have a brain) which has become a bounty hunter, who due to some misadventures and getting on the republic's bad side has netted them being used as more or less fodder in order to not waste precious clone troopers on this search. Or just a droid the Jedi brought along.
    Sounds plausible. I'll send you a PM to help hammer out some details.

For anyone wondering, this RP will get off the ground. Some players are just communicating with me via PM to figure out the details. Those interested in playing should still post their character profiles here. If you want to withhold certain information (replacing the areas on the CS with "unknown"), then you can as long as you PM me to work those details out. A basic CS is still required in the OOC, however.

I'll be updating the character list with more NPCs as time goes on and will post notice when I do.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Name: R2 F8
    Gender: Physically none, Unintentionally programmed as a Female during production
    Species: Droid, R2 Series
    Skills: Mechanics, Hyperspace Navigation (Up to ten coordinates), Survival, Science (Limited to engineering) Improvisation/
    Force Abilities: None
    Profession: Astromech Droid
    Appearance: Standing at around 1 meter tall with a dark blue cylindrical body and a silver and black dome with a green optical sensor. R2 F8 (Jokingly called Fate by the clone troopers) is about as standard as an R2 unit as you can get. The compartment coverings around her cylindrical body are also a silver color.
    Equipment: Buzz saw, two manipulator arms, fire extinguisher, a general set of tools, a computer interface arm, Enhanced Sensor array, Holoprojector and recorder, Spotlight, arc welder, data disk reading and writing device.
    Personality: Fairly independent, quick witted, and sincere, though sometimes a bit sassy and headstrong, it's been awhile since R2 F8 has been subjected to a memory wipe, as such the natural tendency of R2 units to develop such personalities is starting to come through.
    History:
    R2 F8 was originally purchased as part of the Republic's massive arming up at the start of the clone wars. Assigned to a transport and resupply craft F8 and the clone crew served upwards of 500 combat hours flying supplies and troops to mission critical locations and on some occasions preforming extraction for clone units being redeployed,

This rush of experience and constant excitement spurred F8 into developing a more complex personality years before she normally would have if left alone, but the clone pilots and crew she worked with found her newer sass to be refreshing and found that with her increased experience F8 was much faster preforming her duties, and she'd developed a keen understanding of the craft which they spent the vast majority of their time aboard.

After being reassigned to the fleet orbiting Taris F8 and the rest of the Crew began making regular runs bringing troops and supplies to the orbiting fleet, with occasional dispatches to the Surface of Taris for one reason or another. When the Infinity fell out of Orbit F8 and her crew were selected for their relative familiarity with the surface of Taris and F8 was selected because of her experience in navigation and enhanced sensor array which has been used to aid in the recovery of troops and lost supplies before.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 12-09-2017 at 11:38 PM.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@StormWolf
    @Leanna
    @IejirKothar
    @Aki Shinome

I know you guys are working on characters. How is that going?
    If your characters are ready, go ahead and post them here in the OOC.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Heya!

I have been stuck in work the last three days, unfortunately. I am going to be gone until the New Year (from work, not from this site) for the next three weeks. Basically, I had to do a bunch of overtime before I leave tomorrow morning. That said, I will work on a sheet while I'm on the plane.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Sheet is up.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Fantasy, Futuristic, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mine will be ready sometime this evening

Fantasy, Futuristic, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Name: Lizsen Ask'shu
    Species: Human
    Skills: Melee Combat, Mechanics, Science, Slicing, Survival, and Airspeeder/Starfighter Operation.
    Force Abilities:
    Control
    Mastered: Alchaka, Breath Control, Center of Being
    Proficient: Art of movement, Force speed, Tapas
    Unskilled but Able: Detoxify Poison, Force Healing
    Sense
    Mastered: Force Sense
    Proficient: Force Empathy, Sight & Listening, Precognition
    Unskilled but Able: Force Smell, Battle Precognition, Farsight
    Proficent: Telekinesis
    Profession: Padawan Apprentice
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Lizsen 

Equipment: Left hand/Dual Blade Lightsaber (Green), Right hand/Shoto Style Lightsaber (Purple), A99 Aquata Breather, Hush-98 Comlink, Toolkit, JTAG 911 Slicer Datapad (Personal Invention), R2E2 Astromech Droid "Eden".
    Spoiler: R2E2 "Eden" 

Personality: Very analytical and attentive to the smallest details, so much so that he even tends to do so in the middle of high tension situations, which slows him down. On the other hand, Lizsen is a very explosive fighter on the battlefield, oftentimes using overwhelming speed to quickly end confrontations. On that note, Lizsen does not like to fight, preferring to talk his way out of situations, succeeding quite often. His regular expression looks blank and dull but he is usually deep in thought and not really paying attention to much else, much to the chagrin of his master.
    History: Lizsen was born to well-meaning parents on the planet Coruscant. After a test was conducted it was confirmed that Lizsen was force-sensitive. He was sent to the Jedi Academy to learn the ways of the Jedi Order and to take advantage of his inherent gifts. However, it quickly came to be that Lizsen's development differed greatly from the average youngling. His mind seemed to pick up techniques rather quickly and as a result, he quickly became bored with the repetition that was usually needed for most younglings to understand things such as basic lightsaber combat or memorization of the Jedi Code. Even more apparent were his views on combat. Thanks to an incident in which he was forced to fight and harm someone else, the traumatic event caused Lizsen to seek diplomacy over a defense. So much so that whenever lightsaber practice came along, he was either "sick" or absent from them. However, his teachers soon discovered what he was doing. Instead of punishing him though, they noticed that Lizsen's path started to turn to one associated with being a Consular so a deal was struck with him. He would be placed under the tutelage of Master Durandal, a well-known Consular, for the remainder of his time at the academy and his lightsaber training would come from Durandal as well.

So during his time with Durandal, Lizsen's knowledge of the force, politics, and the art of tact and diplomacy all blossomed. Durandal soon noticed that Lizsen had an affinity for machines, so during their downtime, the Master taught the youngling how they worked and he even took Lizsen out flying in airspeeders. He quickly grew to love machines, especially astromechs, and soon his personal room was full of small gadgets and gizmos ranging from scale sized vehicles to simple machines. While his mind grew, his connection to the force also deepened to levels most Padawans would envy since he tended to do that more than to fight. However, Durandal noticed that Lizsen's actual skill with the lightsaber stated to dimish rapidly. During duels and velocities, Lizsen started to rely more on the force rather than his actual skill to get through them. It was only when Lizsen was faced with 5 opponents for the first time that he was forced to use more than his Force abilities to pass that lesson. He disarmed one foe, then with two blades, he displayed Form I with his left hand and Form II with his right, the two differing styles confusing and defeating his opponents in short order. His skills needed much more practice, but his teachers deemed his saber combat skills, "adequate", and allowed him to continue on, albeit under much more scrutiny.

While Lizsen continued to wrestle with the inevitability of having to defend himself and bring harm to others, the day came where he had to construct his own lightsaber. When he got his crystal, it seemed to resonate with his desires to save the galaxy with his words and guided him to craft a Shoto Style lightsaber. He grew to prefer this saber over the standard one due to his smaller than average hands. While they could grasp a regular lightsaber, he found he couldn't manipulate on as easily as he could a Shoto. At the age of 14, he was deemed ready to face the graduation tests and though he had difficulty passing his lightsaber tests (obviously), he was able to graduate with higher than average marks. While many masters wanted to take him under their wing for further training, the Grandmaster of the Order decided it would suit Lizsen better if he was paired with a specific knight who seemed to be the very opposite of Lizsen in almost every way. Thus, the Aspiring Consular was introduced to the Battle Hardened Guardian.
    BIO WILL CONCLUDE AFTER COLLABORATION WITH STORMWOLF
    Last edited by Aki Shinome; 12-19-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@Aki Shinome
    I'm going to send you a PM to discuss your character. On a related note, have you consulted @StormWolf regarding your characters and their relationship?

Also, let me say for those creating Jedi to hold for a moment while I add more to the OP regarding Jedi creation, as I realize from Aki's CS that there are a few things I need to add. I will post notice when I have prepared the OP with that information. Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 12-09-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Can I just say, that poor R2 unit. It gets the unbridled sass of R2 F8.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

*Notice to Players with Jedi Character*

Please review the 'Character Creation' section of the OP on the creation of Jedi characters. I have attached a link to a list of Jedi abilities in Wookieepedia as well as a sample list to give an idea of what a padawan character would be able to do if they were particularly proficient. Keep in mind that Jedi need to hone their lightsaber abilities as well as their Force abilities and these things take years and possibly decades, so it is entirely possible for a padawan to be missing several abilities.

@Derpnaster
    *Major Chip Hazard voice*
    There shall be no mercy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast