Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M][OOC] Star Wars: Chronicles of Taris - Chapter One: Shadow of the Jedi-Killer

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Default [M][OOC] Star Wars: Chronicles of Taris - Chapter One: Shadow of the Jedi-Killer

Rated Mature for possible fantasy violence, gore, drug use, sexual themes, etc.

Open and Recruiting!

The Clone Wars have begun, and the galaxy is engulfed in conflict. From the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim, clone armies under the heroic command of the Jedi generals battle the Separtists in a desperate bid to save the Republic. The devastation has claimed the many lives and forced countless people to flee their home planets. Many have found refuge along the Hydian Way Trade Route planet of Taris, the Coruscant of the Outer Rim in the Ojoster Sector, drawn to the world by tales of selfless Tarisian generosity.

But even Taris is not safe. Intent on improving their reputation in the war, the Separatists stationed a fleet on the outer edge of the Ojoster Sector. In swift response, the Republic dispatched a fleet of their own and an epic clash was inevitable. Seeking to counter the larger enemy force, the Republic deployed a prototype ship called the Infinity armed with a powerful laser to drive off the Separatists. Though successful in driving the enemy back, the Infinity was critically damaged and fell to the surface of the Taris. Determined not to lose this weapon, the Jedi Council dispatched Jedi Knight Kohr-Fal to the planet with a taskforce of Jedi and clones to recover what they could. However, nothing has been heard from them in some time and dark rumors have begun to swirl of a Jedi-Killer beneath the surface Taris.

With the fallen ship in peril, the Jedi missing, and massive Republic and Separatist fleets gathering once more on the sector’s edges, a new Republic taskforce has been organized to recover the ship and rescue the missing Jedi.

Welcome to the Chronicles of Taris Star Wars RP series. This will be the first of hopefully many RPs that I have planned. As the title suggests, this RP is based on the ecumenopolis of Taris and will feature a mix of Disney Canon and Legends material along with significant additions of my own to fill in the gaps and create a breathing world with varied environments and well-developed characters. Characters can discover more about the world by asking or exploring and information will be added to the OP of the OOC as more is discovered, but remember that information, misinformation, and deception are all vital components of this RP. Players will mostly control their own characters, with most significant actions taken with NPCs moderated by the GM in a D&D style where characters make actions and I determine the outcome.

Setting: Taris
    Spoiler: Planetary Overview 

Character Creation
    Spoiler: Skills 

Spoiler: Jedi Abilities 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Important NPCs:
    Warlord Taris
    Jedi Knight Kohr-Fal
    Senator Raula Taris
    Junior Representative Tynnra Pamlo

Player Characters:
    Yutha Taris – Imperial1917
    R2F8 - Derpnaster

Confirmed Players with CS WIP:
    Stormwolf
    Leanna
    IejirKothar
    Aki Shinome
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 12-09-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Post reserved for GM Characters and other GM shenanigans.

+++Access to Republic Intelligence Individual Database Requested+++
    +++Access Granted+++
    +++Personal File Compiled by Republic Intelligence+++

Spoiler: Yutha Taris 

Subject Name: Yutha Taris
    Galactic Standard Age: 32
    Species: Human
    Planet of Origin: Taris
    Known Skills: Ranged weaponry, mechanics, science, survival, airspeeder/starfighter operation
    Known Profession: Lieutenant under the Warlord Taris
    Known Equipment: Modified blaster w/tow cable, datapad, equipment belt rebreather mask
    Personality: Subject is caustic to outsiders but willing to cooperate under certain circumstances.
    Known History: Born on Taris, parentage unknown. It is believed that the subject was orphaned at a young age as she soon fell in with a local gang known as the Haunters, who she spent the majority of her adolescence with. This group was eventually disbanded and absorbed into the growing territory of the local warlord. This warlord was in turn defeated by the Warlord Taris and subject fell in with said warlord. Ascent through the ranks appears to have been difficult initially, but subject ultimately gained trust within the body and became a regional lieutenant as the Warlord Taris’ territory expanded. Subject was offered as a liaison to Republic forces when it was made apparent that the Republic intended to operate on Taris. It should be noted that subject appears unhappy with Republic involvement on Taris.

+++Access Ended+++

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Imperial1917!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

For Jedi, would you prefer Knights, Masters, or chidjuns?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

No Masters, but Knights and chidjuns are fine. The Jedi are concerned about this matter, but with the Clone Wars in full swing they can't afford to spare too much thought on it, let alone a full Master.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'll make Rho as a Knight, and if another Jedi player wants to be his Padawan, I'd be happy to oblige.

Fantasy, Futuristic, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was considering making a Padawan, now I know I can :3

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

So droids are they an option?

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpnaster View Post
    So droids are they an option?
    I would prefer meatbags. If you really want to be a droid, then I would want to see the concept you have in mind.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I was thinking something fun like a reprogrammed security class battle driod (Because they actually have a brain) which has become a bounty hunter, who due to some misadventures and getting on the republic's bad side has netted them being used as more or less fodder in order to not waste precious clone troopers on this search. Or just a droid the Jedi brought along.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast