Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Give My Heart Unto the Beast (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I Give My Heart Unto the Beast (IC)

OOC https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67601

James lay facedown in the dry soil. Surrounding him was tall grass, that stretched on as far as could be seen, occasionally interrupted by mounds of earth or the occasional Savannah tree. There was a breeze that blew the grass, and would help ease the burning of the unrelenting sun once James awoke.

The small phone sat next to James's head beeping. James awoke, grunting as he lifted his head from the ground. He instinctually grabbed the cell phone, squinting his eyes at the device. He hit the talk button.

A dark, distorted voice spoke, "Hello. Welcome to Africa. Proceed to the location in your GPS. DO not try to deviate form the course, or talk to anyone. If you try to escape, you will be terminated."

James was too shocked to find a word, but by the time he blurted out, "Where am I?", it was too late, the call had ended. James leaped to his feet, observing his surroundings. "No....Who am I?"

He looked to the ground at the other four item laying there. His head was pounding, and his body aching. He bent down to pick up the items, but instead threw up on the side. He took the pistol, a M1911, and put it in the back of his pants. He put the compass in his pocket, and attached the canteen to his vest. He looked at the GPS. It had the coordinates put in.

James face was painted with worry and confusion.
    Last edited by Holocene; 11-23-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda lay on her side in the dry arid soil under the shade of the only umbrella tree for a mile. Tall savannah grass surrounded her on all sides stretching for as far as the eye could see. A light breeze swept through the grass and over the unconscious girl ruffling her hair.

A loud beeping sound pierced through the air sending the birds in the tree above scattering across the sky. Kyda scrunched her face up and groaned as she came to. Squeezing her eyes together tightly before opening them slowly blinking a couple of times to clear her vision. Pushing herself to her knees Kyda looked around her confused, the beeping grew louder and louder, looking at the ground she found the source. Picking up the small cell phone she hit the talk button.

A dark, distorted voice spoke, "Hello. Welcome to Africa. Proceed to the location in your GPS. DO not try to deviate form the course, or talk to anyone. If you try to escape, you will be terminated."

"Wait whats going.... on" Kyda yelled at the phone only to hear the disappointing sound of a dead line before she could finish her sentence.
    "Where am I? Who... who am I?" She asked herself. Picking up the GPS she looked at the coordinates, it didn't help her much she seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Placing the phone in her pocket along with the GPS Kyda felt a strange square object already in there.
    Pulling it out she found it was a disposable camera. Looking the device over she found some small in graving on the bottom.
    "K.. Kyda Turner..." She read slowly her voice full of confusion. "Could that be me?" She asked herself.

Getting to her feet she scanned the surrounding area trying to find any signs of other people. Pulling out the GPS again she decided that the best course of action would be to follow the strange voices instructions and head to the coordinates.

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

James took out his compass. He wasn't sure how he knew how to use a GPS and compass, but he did. He started walking, Northwards towards his destination. His head was rushing with thoughts. Things like; Where am I? Who am I? How did I get here alone? Who was that on the phone? Why can't I remember anything? Why do I feel so sick?

His head was still pounding, and the intense heat wasn't helping him any. He took off his baseball cap, then put it back on. He scanned the area again. No one was around. He was completely alone. He saw a vulture fly overhead.

"That sure makes this less gloomy," he said to himself. he continued to trudge on through the grass, which made his legs itch as he walked through.

He stopped to admire a large termite mound. It had thousands of termites crawling about it and through the grass. He looked up at the sun, cursing it in his head. Should he even be going to this location? What if was a trap? Then again, it's not like wandering around the wilderness was a better choice.

He walked for several more hours, drinking all the water in his canteen as he got close. He climbed up a small hill. Once he reached the top, he stood and looked at a small village ahead of him. There were a few villagers wandering about doing their business. He saw a woman carrying water over her head. It seemed familiar to him. He wasn't sure why.

He walked into the village, looking around. The villagers scattered as he entered, leaving him completely alone. He stopped in the middle of the dirt road, throwing his hands up in the air. He looked down at his GPS, this was indeed the location. He felt sick, and was very tired form the walk. He could see the sun setting with bright orange surrounding it.

But he didn't have time to admired the sunset. His phone started beeping again. He took it from his pocket, and answered. "Proceed to the two story building. Inside will be a jeep, weapons, and provisions. Once the other person arrives, you will both set out for new coordinates. There you will ambush a small government garrison, and rescue the specified HVI. Do not attempt to go anywhere besides this location, do not stay longer than needed, and do not harm the HVI in any manner or form."

James spoke up, "Wait..Who are you!?" But he had no reply. He sighed, shoving the phone back into his pocket, frustrated. He looked up and saw the building the man on the phone was referring to. It had stone walls, and a thatch roof. The side it had a garage that was closed with a metal door. He entered the building through the wooden door. There was one room. In it was a small wooden table with two chairs, on it sat a 5 gallon water container, a camping stove, and 6 civilian MREs.

There was also a staircase and a door leading into the garage. He fell down into one of the chairs. he leaned back and closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep.

((Kyda will be with James.))
    Last edited by Holocene; 11-23-2014 at 04:23 AM.
    Whatever could it be

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Darryl woke suddenly. Dirt and gravel rasped against his skin but he didn't move. There was no noises nearby except wind in foliage, and no feeling of constraints anywhere on his body. He decided he was alone and sat up, using his momentum to get to his feet in the same movement. The world spun crazily around him in protest and he staggered a step to the side, putting a hand up to his head. World's worst hangover, he thought to himself, but he soon realized that he hadn't been drunk. That fact didn't stop him from throwing up, though, and several minutes passed before he decided to stand up again. This time his body stayed up and his stomach stayed down. A phone rang nearby and Darryl dropped his gaze to the ground, searching for it. "Hago?" he grunted, meaning to say 'hello'. The voice that answered shocked him into alertness, and he gripped the phone tighter. In the short pause following the message, he demanded, "Who is this and what are you talking about?" But the caller severed their connection without answering him.

"Terminated..." Darryl murmured. He followed it with a string of adjectives, then clamped his mouth shut and started picking up the supplies that had been left next to his body on the hard savannah. "Welcome to Africa," he grumbled as he worked. "I was already here." His new inventory was barely more impressive than his old one, which had been nothing. The canteen was full, though, so that was something. He checked to make sure the pistol's safety was on and weighed it in his hand. He tossed it up in the air, caught it in his other palm, and slid it into the back of his pants. He put the compass and phone in his front pockets and put the canteen's strap over his head and shoulder, letting it hang against his body. The GPS' screen lit up when he pushed the 'On' button, displaying a set of coordinates superimposed over the top of a map. Darryl played with the controls and soon realized that he was miles from anywhere. The coordinates didn't match up with a village or even a road, but Darryl knew that there were many roads crossing the veldt that no GPS had ever marked down.

Darryl stood for a moment, wondering if he should follow the voice's instructions. The coast was a little nearer than the coordinates, and from the coast he could get a ride anywhere. He would just have to contact his family and... His family. What were their names. Panic and adrenaline shot through Darryl's body as he realized he didn't even know his own name.

"Well, that settles it," he told himself, anger and resentment entering his voice. Several unkind words followed, addressed to the continent, the equipment, and the unknown person. Soon enough, though, Darryl shut his mouth and started walking. He put the GPS in his back left pocket and let his hands swing at his sides in rhythm with his stride. It seemed like the coast wouldn't be an option after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Charlie's eyes shot open. His vision was blurred at first, but it soon cleared. He was laying sprawled out on his back, staring upwards. He could see foliage and leaves, as well as trees that seemed to stretch for miles. The sky was invisible, covered by a canopy of green.

A water droplet landed on his nose. "Ah...bloody....where am I?" he said, sitting up. He heard something in the brush move around him. He looked around, seeing nothing. The Jungle was quiet, except for drops of water and insects. He knew that was unusual, though he wasn't sure why.

He looked down, seeing a black Browning HP laying on the ground. He quickly grabbed it, standing up. The foliage around him ruffled again. He spun in a slow circle, scanning the brush.

Out of the plants leaped a jaguar. Charlie dived out of the way, and the Jaguar barely missed him. It landed hard against the ground, quickly spinning around and charging at Charlie. He quickly lifted the Browning, lining up a quick shot, the bullet flying in the jaguar's left eye.

The body slid to Charlie's feet, dead instantly. Charlie sighed with relief. He looked down at the dead animal, adrenaline still rushing through him. He then heard a beeping sound. He looked down and saw the rest of the equipment. He grabbed the phone, and answered. A menacing, inhuman voice answered, "There are coordinates inserted onto your GPS. Go to them with haste. Do not deviate, or attempt to talk to anyone, or you will be terminated. If you do as I say, you will be rewarded well. Welcome to Africa."

Charlie lowered his hand. "What was that?" He gathered his equipment, looking at the coordinates on his GPS. He started walking through the thick jungle, towards his location.

After he walked for a while, the adrenaline wore off, and he felt the full effects of the sickness on him, but continued to press on. He made it out of the Jungle, and into the Savanna. He drank his water in intervals, making sure it lasted him until he arrived.

He made it to his coordinates, arriving at a lone hut, surrounded by nothing. He opened the door and walked inside. All that was in was a wooden chair, a cardboard box with MRE's and a cooking stove, a 5 gallon water container, and a wooden crate that was unopened, with a crowbar lying on top.

He phone started beeping again, he took it out. "In the crate are weapons. Another mercenary will arrive. You will then attack a small rebel outpost nearby, and secure their vehicle, returning it here."

Charlie put the phone back in his pocket, and sat down, waiting.

((I suppose Darryl will meet up with Charlie.))
    Last edited by Holocene; 11-24-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The sun beat down on her as Kyda made her way through the tall grass following the GPS and compass. She couldn't work out how she knew how to use these things, it actually scared her that she couldn't remember anything but the basics.
    A sudden wave of nausea over came her and she doubled over emptying her stomach in a dense clump of grass. Wiping her mouth and taking a couple of gulps of water she stayed there on her knees shaking slightly as she fought against the urge to continue vomiting, tears rolled down her cheeks and she let out a chocked sob as searing pain radiated through her abdomen.
    "Gods I think I'm dying." She groaned out closing her eyes tightly against the pain.

She stayed like that for several minutes for finding she could stand again. Getting up slowly she double checked her heading and set out again. It was a good hour before she saw any other signs of life. A couple of termites mounds and a giraffe where the only things she had to keep her company.
    The sun was just under the horizon as she stumbled into a small village, she had thought it was dissertated for a second but sounds from inside the huts told her otherwise.

Just as Kyda went to knock on one of the huts the phone in her pocket began to ring. Hitting the talk button she held the phone to her ear and waited.
    "Proceed to the two story building. Inside will be a jeep, weapons, and provisions. Once the other person arrives, you will both set out for new coordinates. There you will ambush a small government garrison, and rescue the specified HVI. Do not attempt to go anywhere besides this location, do not stay longer than needed, and do not harm the HVI in any manner or form."
    "Wait whats a..... HVI" Kyda asked groaning as the person hung up half way thought her question again. "That's just rude.." She grumbled looking around the village for the building.

Spotting the building easy enough Kyda made her way over and entered through the wooden door slowly. the room was dark the sun having fully set now.
    "Uh hello?" She called softly suddenly feeling very nervous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

James awoke as the door creaked and a voice called out. He leaped out of his chair, surprised. He clumsily tried to get the pistol out, gripping it and pulling it up to face the intruder. If they had actually been attempting to harm him, he would never even have woken up.

He held the pistol chest level, aiming bluntly at Kyda. He noticed it was another foreigner, but was nervous and surprised. "Who are you!" he yelled, bending over in a coughing fit. "Why....why am I here?"
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda jumped back as she caught sight of the pistol in the moon light. hearing the man yell out then start coughing Kyda ventured inside again carefully taking the pistol off of the coughing man and helping him sit down offering him her canteen.
    "I uh... I think my names Kyda." she said taking a seat on one of the chairs. "And as for why your here... Your guess is as good as mine mate."

Looking around the room Kyda spotted a small light sitting on the center of the table. Picking it up she pressed the button on the side shielding her eyes as the little thing started to glow brightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

James compliantly sat down. He liked it better when he was asleep. "Were you called by the man on the phone too? He wants us to go rescue someone or something." James paused, coughing again.

James now noticed it had become dark. He must have been asleep for at least an hour, maybe more if he could see the moon. "I don't seem to remember anything, and it doesn't seem you do either." He looked over at the door leading into the garage.

What should they do? He wasn't sure why the character on the phone wanted him to go and rescue this man. Who was he? A soldier? Maybe, he couldn't know for sure. He certainly didn't feel natural when holding the gun earlier. He wiped the thoughts away, focusing back on the woman who had entered the room.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mathias lay on a mound of cracked, dry, soil. Dirt and dust covered his body and face. He coughed as he awoke, spitting out dust. As he opened his eyes and looked around, he saw two small, frail African children standing and watching him.

Mathias sat up, and the children scattered, leaving him alone. He turned his head to a small phone that was putting out a beeping sound. He wearily grabbed it, and put it to his ear.

"There are coordinates on your GPS. Proceed to them immediately. Do not go off course, or attempt to contact anyone, or you will be terminated. Welcome to Africa."

Mathias rubbed his head, wiping the dust off himself. He stood up, but wobbled and almost fell over as he became dizzy. It wore off after a moment, and he collected his items. He put a small PP23 pistol into his pocket, and looked down at his GPS.

He noticed that it was dark, but the sky was light up with a full moon and shining stars. It was cooler now in the evening.

Mathias collected himself for a moment. He realized he remembered nothing. He sat down again, both hands to his head, trying to remember. After a few minutes, he became frustrated and started walking towards his destination.

It was a quiet, and uneventful walk. It took him about an hour to make it. He was led to a dirt road, where stopped, and looked around, not seeing anything in particular. He took out his metal canteen, taking a sip, before the phone started to beep again. He took it back out, "Wer sind Sie!" he shouted into the phone. "Quiet. If you walk 100 feet forwards, you will find a crate. Inside are weapons and road spikes. Another person will soon arrive to aid you. You will stop a military truck, eliminate all hostiles, and secure the contents. A contact will then arrive to pick it up. Do not leave the area."

The call ended, and Mathias' hand fell down, his face flustered.
    Whatever could it be

Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast