Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617 LastLast

Thread: Siks joins the private sector.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm good I agree with the M rating, it gives a lot of freedom, and I love freedom in my writing.

I also agree with the organic romance thing, so we'll roll with that, but considering how these types of stories generally end could wind up being more planned than we first thought lol.

So any particular type of High Fantasy you wanna try?

LoTR style, Angels and Demons style, Anime/manga style etc?

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

LoTR is great, but I have the usual elf fetish, so... predictably that will be a thing if we go that route.

Angels and demons could be fun, and I have a seldom used race that I made up/probably other people have also thought of but I have not encountered that might wedge into that fantasy world. I call them Celestials, but they are basically fallen stars. Humanoid creatures that fell to earth and then move about the world. If that is not something of interest, straight Angel/Demon is not something I have much experience with, but would probably find enjoyable.

If there is a loose premise of Anime/Manga that you want to follow I would be open to this, but I probably would be a poor partner as my pool of knowledge here is extremely limited.

I do like grim stories and horror, so if you wanted to some benighted world we could roll with something like Underworld: Rise of the Lycans or dark elves and demon-mage humans, etc., etc.

Hum hum hum. We could also do single race, humanity or otherwise, split by something. Religion, magic versus alchemy, etc.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm give me some more info on the fallen star people and we could totally use them I have a couple of regular Angels I could use with them. I love grim dark stuff, but not the best at full on horror, I have a group of Divine Monster hunters I could use, but that would change the basic premise of Barbarian King and Standing Queen though. Might make a nice "forbidden" or "tragic" romance story

I'm not terribly experienced in anime/manga myself so we can prolly axe that option for now.

I have a lot of Lycans in my vault to pull from, but Dark Elves are a little less over done. A regal Dark Elf Queen would give a nice contrast to things. As they are normally the Barbarian/Spy types of things, but then I would need to think of a good race that could be compatible with Dark Elves without going too overboard.

I have a race of warriors with magic tattoos and a race of super powered sun worshipers that might work as a counter to Dark Elves.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

They never got much play, but basically stars are people. When one winks out it is dying in the heavens. When one streaks across the night sky it has either been banished or somehow come undone from their world and traveled to earth. Because of this, they are quite rare. They have the ability to speak telepathically, but they only know the Celestial language, so at first all they can do is essentially sing in Celestial at anyone from earth/whatever the roleplay world is. They have a great deal of power, but the drawback is that in addition to communication hindrances they also cannot remember anything from the heavens when they fall. Once they touch soil/water in the mortal world it washes away all memories - or so it seems. If there is more to how they are banished, that is not known.

They do learn very quickly, so common speech - with some grammatical flubs and occasionally humourous gaps in understanding - is easy enough to pick up. They may have some perceptions of humanity, but in the way people see ants from afar.

Exploring the extent of their power takes a bit longer. Those who can adapt and live successfully in the mortal world may rise to be great leaders or warriors. Some become worshipped as deities. Those who fail to thrive may simply waste away and die, pining for the heavens that are evermore out of reach. By nature they are very gentle, bright, and innocent. Some remain so, though they can still do harm in the way children can be brutal without realising the actual harm they do. Others grasp human concepts like power and greed and exploit it, whether to climb to the top of a cult-like body of followers or to lash out at the human/whatever races inhabit this world to pass on the pain they feel from their banishment.

That's the gist, anyway. Their powers usually stay somewhere in the telepathic/telekinetic and light elemental range. They don't have wings like angels and have no religion, etc. Since they do not remember their life before little is known of their origins. At best the few most powerful might remember a fragment here and there, but they don't talk much about it. There are some common likes and dislikes among them, like all races.

Anyway, that's the idea.

Either race you mentioned would work! We could expand on your magical tattoos by making that common across both sides? Maybe these Dark Elves have some natural abilities and derive others from corrupted versions of the tattoos your super powered sun worshipers use? I assume they also have some natural abilities that present in the population?

Dark Elves could have the Drow affinity for spiders if we want to give them a religious element to counter the sun worship.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm I like that idea for your Celestials, but yea that would change our basic premise for King and Queen I think, though my char finding one of your fallen stars and becoming like their caregiver/partner or something would really be fun and light-hearted depending on who I pick as the counter.

As for my races they are the Inkkin and the Solari a.k.a the Sun Fighters.

The Inkkin are the mutated decedents of Atlantis who evolved and adapted to living totally underground, the magic tattoos called "MagInk" are manifestations of their actual spirits and give them all kind of powers.

The Solari are a group of nomadic desert warriors that live in a realm called the Day Sky River, they have the powers of the Sun or things associated with the sun. Flight, Fire Control, Gravity Control, Thermal mastery(able to regulate their body temps mentally and see in infrared) as well as peak physical abilities like strength, speed, durability, and agility.

There is a race in the Innkin lore called the Darklighters that might fit the Drow idea. Darklighters are Inkkin who used up all their MagInk, basically burned their souls out from using the tattoos too much. Now originally they were designed to just be monsters the Inkkin warned their children from and such "souless monsters who only desire to steal the souls of the normal Inkkin and try to regain their own MagInks." At least that is the story told by the Church of the Inkkin, we could work with that to make the Darklighters something else. Like cousins of the Inkkin people who use Shadow Elements or something?

If we go with the Solari, that idea of them worshiping spiders and darkness could be very fun, though once again would change the Queen/King idea. Since the Solari are nomads and wouldn't have any desire in conquering a Drow Queen's lands.

I need to head to bed now, but we're making good progress so we can continue this tomorrow. looking forward to whatever we can come up with.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

That is true. We'll strike the Celestials!

The Inkkin and the Solari both sound interesting!

Both of those might work. If you want to go Inkkin then it sounds like we'd most likely be pitting one subterranean culture against another. Perhaps like many things there could be some truth and some deception in the stories the Inkkin are told by their Church? Darklighters could be the "fallen" cousins of Inkkin whose ancestors explored the far reaches of their magicks and were eaten up by them. Their offspring could retain some small taste of their magic innately, perhaps with deformities or some trait that signifies the consequence. Maybe they either run the risk of death by overuse without the tattoos, or simply cannot amplify their powers to the fullest without the markings - so they want to channel through the Inkkin in order to do so. Perhaps the offspring of the Darklighter cousins are not able to magically ink themselves for some reason so that the symbols are just regular tattoos for them?

If you favour Solari we could consider reversing the roles. Alternatively, the Dark Elves could live in caverns and forests - or oases if we are looking at a nomadic life in a desert-ish biome. If they are creatures of the water in addition to darkness they might have a reason to feud with the Solari over access to water and vegetative lands for grazing, etc. They could be Lunari. Lovers of the night and cold waters, and disinclined to share?

Have a good rest!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm damn both are great story bases.

But I kinda like the idea with the Inkkin and Darklighters a little bit more

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Let's rip it!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ha! Goody good we have an idea now.

But might require some more planning for the nuts and bolts, so I'll shoot you a PM and we can banter some more.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617 LastLast