Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains OOC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains OOC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP)

Live for tomorrow and reap the riches of yesterday.

Story: In the year of our lord two thousand, one-hundred and fifty(2150 AD), the hand of the god struck and all we knew came to a thundering and hellish end. In the land of our freedom, the old stars and stripes, the U.S. of A, the one place no one thought would die, was hit hard and fast and amongst the first to go down. Every major city was struck and reduced to bleak skeletons of what they once were. Great steel and concrete leviathans cursed to stare with hollow eyes at a burning sky for centuries, the Grim Reaper's coffers were full for many years. As history has shown though, life will bite and claw it's way back to the light of day.

At first it was fleeting and sporadic, isolated survivor colonies, stalwart travelers marching doggedly down that lonesome road whistling the old world blues, and refugees escaping the flaming axe of chaos. Soon though the colonies became cities, the marching travelers became marching soldiers, and the refugees became missionaries spreading the good word of salvation. Life found a way, times will never be the same as they once were, but no one's skin is melting off their bones anymore at least not in the more remote parts of the country. With the return of humanity came the long tailed dog of Legends about promised riches hidden deep in the forsaken wastelands of Ragged America.

Now a full two hundred and fifty years after the Death by Fire, one such legend has inspired you to pack your belongings for the long haul. The Treasure of the Lost Mountains, an old military bunker buried deep within the mountains that cut a third of Ragged America off from the rest of the continent. It's contents unknown, but were facts are lacking imagination flourishes. Pristine Pre-Fire weapons, warehouses of untainted meds, acres of preserved food and oceans of crystal clear water, maybe even an entire mountain full of hot virgins kept on ice to help repopulate the world.

No one knows, at least no one who is alive, that is what a vigilante law man and a wild woman of the wastes plan to find out, but first they'll need to survive each other.

Spoiler: Info and nuances for creation 

Name:

Hometown:

Appearance (pic or description):
    3 Weapons(pic or description):
    Armor and gear(pic or description):

Mutations(If applicable):
    Personality:
    Background:
    Other:
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-15-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Name: Ezra-Rayne Bastian (Ez or Ray)

Hometown: Currently Carousel, but originally from an area referred to as Midway (located near the former state of Colorado) in the town of Endver.

Appearance: Ezra has a lightly tanned complexion with a dotting of freckles over the bridge of her nose and on her cheeks. Her eyes are hazel with gold and green flecks throughout. Her wavy shoulder-length hair is typically pulled away from her face. She stands 5'8" bare foot and her soft curves are accentuated by her flat stomach and taut muscles.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.z...=0&w=303&h=171

3 Weapons:

1) Glock 17 with 3 magazines (each capable of holding 17 rounds, but rarely full).

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.X...=0&w=224&h=169

2) Katana sword (see picture in gear below).

3) 6 smoke grenades which spew a white acrid gas--homemade (bleach and ammonia)--see picture in gear below.

Armor and gear: Ezra's clothing is leather with the exception of her top--it is made of a Kevlar-like material which repels most low-caliber bullets. The boots have steel toes and are made of brushed leather. As expected, her clothing is more worn and grimier than the photo shows.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.3...=0&w=300&h=300

Mutations: Not necessarily a mutation, but Ezra has an uncanny memory for people and places, a gift that existed pre-war, but uncommonly.

Personality: If you are looking for a sweet, respectable, and agreeable, girl next-door type, you are looking in the wrong place. Ezra has been described as foul-mouthed, bad tempered, and downright rude. Although she has been those things, it wouldn't necessarily describe her on a normal day. She is very loyal, and that loyalty can be bought, if one wants to burden the expense. She is tough, but also has a soft side, especially for children and animals. She is passionate and expressive, but like most females, she has her moody bad days. For the most part, it would be in your best interest to stay on her good side.

Background: Ezra was born in the mountainous region of the Midway. Her nomadic parents spent most of their days scavenging and taught her the trade from an early age. They traveled in a mule-drawn cart and traded their goods with any occupied port that would have them. Ezra learned the land, its denizens, and ways to survive both. When she reached her teen years, both of her parents were lost to her in a mine field surrounding a scrap yard. Her father died straight out, but her mother survived the blast. Ezra "saved" her mother--saved her from the pain and difficulties of her serious injuries. It was her first kill.

Using the skills taught her, she continued in their stead, lightening her load by trading the mule and cart for coin. She began scouting and tracking as well to further pad her pockets. She survived the wastelands by using her talents and femininity--managing to escape most encountered catastrophes. She has several scars, the worst being a grouping of second-degree burns on her back.

Although she is by no means wealthy, Ezra has enough steel and silver to keep her in rolled cigarettes and moonshine if she desires, which she often does. She has always dreamed of striking it rich, settling down in the mountains, and drinking herself into oblivion.

Other: She has an intricate tattoo on her back concealing a large burn scar.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 12-12-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Name: Jackal Lawless

Hometown: A town named Durcell to the North of Carousel

Appearance (pic or description):
    Spoiler: Jackal 

3 Weapons(pic or description): A .308 scoped hunting rifle, a colt revolver, and a kukri machete
    Armor and gear(pic or description): The same outfit as the pic just with kevlar he scavenged from a National Guard Depot sewn into his black shirt.

Mutations(If applicable): None
    Personality: Like many people born and bred in the wastes of Post-Fire America, Jackal is a grim and self-sufficient person. He relies on his own hand and his own skill to overcome life's difficulties, but unlike many people he's also cursed with a deep morality.

He brings law to where there is none and justice to those who have forgotten it's meaning. But he is a man lacking in many social graces and would rather tell a bitter truth than a sweet lie.

Background: Born in Durcell Jackal was taught the hardness of life quickly. No where in the Wastes is a safe place, but Durcell has always been a town of bandits and crooks. You worked for the Black Jacks or you were worked over by them, there was no half way point.

Jackal's parents were sheep and bowed and scrapped to the criminals whenever they came knocking. Letting them take what they want or do whatever they wanted with Jackal's two sisters and sometimes his mother. The only one who had any backbone was his Grandfather Gregor Lawless, but Gregor was an old man and couldn't fight the Black Jacks. So once Jackal was born the old man took him under his wing and began teaching him how to fight and how to shoot.

At first this isn't uncommon, because everyone needs to learn those things to survive in Ragged America. But once he started teaching the boy to take potshots at Black Jacks that is when the bosses start taking notice. But Grandpa Greg was smart, he was in a group of Bounty Hunters called the Pine Runners for years and they knew how to get their work done and stay off the radar. And as Jackal grew so did the sense of justice his Grandpa instilled in him. Between range time and training in the ring he filled the young man's head with stories of noble lawmen and heroes. The injustices of Durcell building up and reinforcing the situation that would set Jackal up for his purpose later in life.

Throughout his adolescence Jackal began working on his own. He would go out at night and prowl the streets of the town looking for Black Jacks causing trouble for the innocents. He would kill them quick and be gone before the crook's friends showed up. He did his work from the shadows and stayed undetected until his 20th birthday, that was when his work came crashing down around him. A girl he'd been sweet on and had even let in on his vigilante work and was engaged to, was the string that unraveled it all. For months of Black Jacks had been getting wise to his work and hunting him down. They had narrowed it down and planted one of their working girls in the young man's life, he'd been so focused on doing his work he never had time to make friends or find a girl so this beautiful woman just walking into his life was quite welcome and novel.

But that naivete and trust is what led the Black Jacks to finding Jackal's home and killing his entire family Grandpa Greg included. The man came home after a night of hunting to find the house broken into and everyone line up in the living room floor stripped bare, desecrated, and their heads removed. That spelt the end of Jackal's life as a prowler in the night and the end of the Black Jack's power in Durcell. He spent the next ten years systematically hunting down every important member of the crime syndicate and executing them in the exact same way as they did his family. It was grisly, it was infamous...it was justice.

After the Black Jacks, Jackal went through Ragged America doing what he can to punish those who needed to be punished, but eventually it dawned on him the world needed something more than just a single man fighting evil. It needed a beacon to flock too, and that is when he heard about the Treasure of the Lost Mountains far to the East. Many rumors surrounded what the treasure was, but Jackal saw more he saw a way to bring back to glory of the old world and the stories his Grandfather told him. He'd find the Treasure and turn the site into the new beacon of hope for Ragged America.

Other: Jackal is one of the few people left who carry a Bible
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-15-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Your picture reminds me of the Gunslinger from the Stephen King novels.

I think we will have some clashing of personalities with the two strong characters. It will be so fun--I can't wait to start!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha twas the plan.

Do you wanna fire up the IC?

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I can do that, but it has been a long time since I wrote up an intro, so I will work on it tomorrow when my brain is fresh. Do you want me to reference your intro here as a background for the story or just jump right into the scene at the bar?

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well if it's relevant for your post you can, but the Treasure Legend is common knowledge, but your girl can probably comment on Jackal's story since he's a little well known and maybe even give me an easy in with Ezzy mentioning him wandering around looking for a helper.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-15-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'll respond soon Moon.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Sounds good Siksta!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

And there it is, Jackal is pissed, but he knows better than to stick around in plain sight and get shot at.

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast