Thread: Can you write a paragraph without using the letter a

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default Can you write a paragraph without using the letter a

^ As it says above.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The following is some writing which does not use the letter sounding like "eyyy." It is so difficult to not use this letter; it is often required to complete specific words or sentences in order to be properly legible. I don't know why I'm writing this, it is very stressful, but someone requested me to write this piece so here it is. I hope you enjoy. Good luck to whoever tries this too.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Cr*zywolf you're domin*ting this section!

Now for the writing - I didn't know till I tried this how frequently I use the letter. It's interesting trying to figure out words to slide in where I would've used it. Quirky thought, Wolf, presenting quite the ... hmmm, now every word which comes to mind to complete this bit is forbidden. I've done okay up till now, though, I think! Next time I'll try do this in the form of fiction!

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

@G; I do believe the word you were looking for is puzzle. Intriguing how most who try this find it difficult, one could figure they do not ever use the book designed for this purpose. The use of this specific books title is regretfully forbidden, do to it including the denied letter. My recommendation is to seek out this book, this offshoot of Webster's. For it not only offers substitue words for puzzles like this; But offers, sometines surprising, choices for commonly used words.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m going to try this, so wish me luck! Well, how to begin this... hmm...

Hopefully, in the future, pigs will find out how to fly. Sometime in the future, I hope I will be some living legend, not horrible, but good, helpful, someone sort of like Freddie from Queen except without the thing which killed him. Let’s see, something sometimes triggers in my mind from the things inspiring me! So, now is the end of this little thing of mine, I hope you liked this!

Now I can finally talk normally again!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The zombie horde shuffled up, rotting fingers thrumming upon the wooden door. The sound echoed within the tiny house, the owners shivering in their beds, their covers pulled up to their chins. The piercing cry of the hinges followed the splitting of timbers, the opening enough to permit the frightening ghouls to enter the dwelling. Throughout the night the beings consumed their fill, bellies in peril of bursting by the morn. In ever growing numbers, they filed out into the light, their eyes milky but with conscious thought.

Sorry, couldn't help it...you know...zombies!

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Let's see. Interesting contest here, I must convey. How? Well, firstly I will disclose it is most difficult. It is required to possess rich terminology since so much of our common speech involves the forbidden letter. I consistently need to second guess on this while I write to prevent using the forbidden letter. It is good it is not "e'. Such a circumspection would mean it is close to impossible. I must profess whoever invents these tests is evil to the core.

Fantasy, Realistic, Romance (forbidden & non), Horror (still figuring that genre out), plenty more..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok this is going to be a fun write indeed. Will it be done? I think yes, it very much will be done. Though obnoxious it is becoming, let's see if the words will flow without error. If one looks very close, they will see it is going quite well suprisingly. Where there is will there is..well we will not complete this for it uses the forbidden letter!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The tense in which we write will lend itself to use of the forbidden vowel or not, depending on the selection. Once you notice it, dropping it becomes much simpler to do. English is composed of numerous words with numerous options to substitute. Synonyms surely provide courses circumventing otherwise impossible pipelines in the vein others mentioned previously. Though offputting, it is possible to do this by depending on the use of different vowels: vowels not commonly considered, but suited to the purpose. With your words well-fitted to the outline of this new process, completing this request or requirement becomes quick enough indeed - even without the luxury of the book of diction's more synonymic cousin.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

If only I could conceive words befitting this. But yet here I find myself deprived of the competence to finish this.

To my future self, I wish the world for you. For the words to be ever flowing. I wish for your ingenuity, your dexterity, your inventiveness in forming words while removing one letter from the words you know. Look how this letter is slowing coming together. That my future self might dwell on this letter and see the controvert of words flickering in your screen.

Remember without one letter, words define and bind together to inspire something new.