Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains IC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP) (M)

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

It had been a long time since Ezra had slept through the night and she awoke fully rested, warm in Jackal's embrace. She leaned her head back, her smooth cheek brushing against his stubbly chin. "Mmm," she responded to his words, lying in his arms for a few moments before forcing herself to sit up. The blankets slid to her waist and the cold air caused her to shiver slightly. "I could get used to this chill," she said with a sigh as she reluctantly climbed from the makeshift bed, leaving Jackal still wrapped in it's warmth. "I'll see you in a bit," she said as she dressed quickly and slipped from the tent, heading first for the cooling embers and stirring them to life. Once she had the fire going again, she made the morning coffee, allowing Deck to sleep in a little longer.

A hot cup of brew in her hands, Ez leaned up against the bunker's cool metal wall. The camp was awakening and she watched the group welcome the dawn. She felt a certain calm and she smiled inwardly, glad to have finally said "the words" last night. It amazed her how difficult it had been--she had never been one to express love to another, not since she was a young girl. ...and now, it was a relief not to have to worry about it any longer. For a few moments she sat alone, then the sleepy form of Samantha wandered over to her and sat down, a cup of coffee clenched in her hands.

They both drank in silence, comforted by each other's presence. The smells of breakfast were starting to permeate the air--Deck whipping up some dehydrated eggs mixed with spices and some dried meat. He never failed to create a delicious meal, no matter how simple the ingredients. While waiting, Ez turned to her daughter and smiled.

"We're going to do some scavving today--the bunker is huge and should have lots of things to discover. I was hoping you might like to accompany me. I wanted to have another look at the control room."

Sam nodded, hmming softly while warming her hands on her coffee cup. "I'd like that."

"Me too," Ez responded, squeezing the teen's knee gently. "There should be enough here for everyone to make a find...batteries...weapons...trinkets. Maybe even some protective wear. There might be vehicles also. Too bad the fuel needed to operate them is rare--unless we find one that uses the sun. I've heard of those before."

Sam glanced at her briefly, her expression showing wonder. "I hope we find money. Then I can buy stuff, like new clothes."

Ezra laughed. "Money from before is worthless, other than to burn. They mostly used paper for currency. If we find gold or other metals, it would be better." She turned to her daughter...her daughter....and brushed a stray blonde tress from her face. It was odd to imagine herself as a mother. Especially since they looked so little alike. "If you need new clothes, you only have to ask. I have plenty enough to get you outfitted anew."

Ez and Sam looked up when Deck called everyone to eat, their stomachs already rumbling with the thought of food. There seemed to be enough to feed an army, Deck anticipating the morning activities being fueled by full stomachs. Filling their plates, they sat down again by the fire, Ez smiling at Jack when he joined them for breakfast.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 05-18-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jackal awoke a few minutes after Ez, but laid under the covers for a bit just thinking on that past few weeks. So much has happened he never expected, adventures, sacrifices, betrayals, revelations, love in the olden days this would make one hell of an action motion picture and they aren't even at the end yet...at least he hoped they weren't. But he couldn't allow doubt into his mind now, they are in a moment of peace inside a pre-fire bunker safe from the terror of the massive sandstorm still howling above them.

He hoped they wouldn't be buried alive once they decided to leave. He's seen even small sandstorms bury whole caravans out in the wastes. This one has been going on for over a day, they might need to fight another exit if the bay doors or main entrance are blocked by three tons of sand. He was eager to see how this goes, and after untangling himself from the blankets he got dressed and joined the rest of the crew at camp for breakfast. The meal was had in cheerful silence, and at the end Deck stood up and called for everyone attention. He and Ez had discussed the plans for today and now it was time to dice up the duties.

"Alright kids listen up. The sandstorm is still screamin' outside, and part of the reason we started this group was to scav. So Ez and I talked it over and have a plan, myself and Jackal will explore how far down this bunker goes. Ez and Sammy will head the scav teams made up of pairs everyone scouring the two cleared floors. Anythin' good bring back to camp and we'll go through it and see what we can use and what we can't. Ez and Sammy will be Team one, Jen and Ken team two, Ashliee and Diego are three, Jessica and Matches are four, Maggie and Austin will guard our base camp while Ziggy and Hollister will be patrolling the cleared halls. We don't have comms or radios, but if something goes wrong scream really loudly and anyone within earshot will come running. Jackal and I will be going far, but everyone else check in with either Ez or one of the guards every hour ok?" Heads bobbed all around them and with a clap of his hands Deck adjourned the meeting and everyone went to execute their duties. The Hunter watched them go then nodded to Jackal. "Alright lawman, I gotta grab my gear, but I'll meet you at in the hall in ten minutes ok?" Jackal nodded then made his way to Vash and suited up himself making sure to grab extra water and some dried meat.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default co-post: A-Scavving we will go...

After the four scavving teams were assembled, Ez took one team with her to the first floor and had Jen take her group to the second. Jessica and Matches went with her--taking one side of the hallway while she and Sam took the other. Only pausing briefly to check a few rooms along the way, Ez made for her primary destination, the control room. She smiled at Sam before opening the door, the duo greeted by a large panel of blinking lights, dark computer screens, and an army of buttons and switches with symbols or abbreviations below them for identification.

"I thought we could start here," she stated, "...hopefully we can figure out some of these controls and make things easier for everyone. I'm all for trial and error..." she said with a light chuckle. The event of the previous night had put her in a good mood...that and the fact that she was finally getting a chance to scav for a bit. "Those buttons there operate the lights, but beyond that, I have no clue. Care to take the first stab?"

Sammy chuckled keeping her hands in her pockets as she looked around the small room. "So I can get the blame for releasing an army of killer robots throughout the bunker? I know about as much about this sort of thing as I do advanced bomb disarming. Maybe there's an instruction manual somewhere?" She began poking through the filing cabinets. Most of the things looked rotted with age and eaten by mice or something, but she did find a book sealed in a plastic envelope. It was covered in mouse turds, but looked intact. She pulled it out and shook the turds away before she brought it into the light.

Pulling the book out she studied the still somewhat brittle book closely. It looked like a technical manual of some kind but it looked to be in a foreign language. Perplexed the girl looked at her mom. "Any clue mom?"

Ez leaned in and took the book from Sam, flipping through the pages gently. About half way through the pages were reversed--upside down--and Ez turned it around. "It's in two languages," she said in wonder, turning to what was the first page in English. There were a lot of diagrams which were just as perplexing as the foreign language to her. "I'm sure this would help, but there isn't enough time to go through all of it...we should take it back with us." She handed the yellowing pages back to Sam. "You are welcome to look through it...I'd rather release the 'killer robots'.

Studying the panel once again, Ez reached forward and pressed a button marked msc. There was the sound of clicking, following by a hiss, then crackling. Ez considered pressing it again when the sound of instruments filled the room. The melody was unknown to her...but the rhythmic music was soothing. Below the button was a dial with numbers and she turned it, first in one direction, then the other. By the echo it was obvious that the music was playing elsewhere and the scavver smiled, picturing the others reaction to the outburst of sound.

"Should I turn it off?" she asked her daughter, dialing the sound down until it was barely audible. It wasn't her type of music, but it was nicer than the hum of machinery that was prevalent inside the room.

Sammy shook her head slipping the book into her bag to look at later.
    "No I kinda like it." Moving back to the instrument panel the teen studied a blank screen closely then pushed a button that said main power. Like with the music button there was a a pop then a low humming. The screen blinked to life, things whirred and clicked inside then what looked like an overlay of the entire bunker was seen. "Oh wow is this a map of the whole bunker?"

Ez leaned closer, recognizing the top two floors she had surveyed with Jen and the natural cave-like room she and Jackal had fallen into. There were several other floors below those that were still a mystery. She nodded to Sam. "It looks like it. Look, there's an armory two stories below us...and a power station at the lowest level." She touched the screen to point at the room and the picture zoomed in, magnifying the area and showing additional features. "There's your killer robots," she said with a nervous laugh. "Hopefully they are not operable...or Jackal and Deck will be getting a surprise." She touched the screen again and the entire map returned.

"I wonder what else is on this computer?" she queried aloud. "Can you make it change pictures?" She glanced at Sam, then pushed a few buttons below the main power. The screen darkened, then blurred, but nothing else. "I've never seen so much tech in one place before. I wonder if all bunkers are 'live' like this one." She ran her fingers lightly over the panel, marveling at the idea that power still surged through this complex. "It's almost as if the Great Fire never occurred here...such a mystery."

Ez sat down on a chair secured to the floor in front of the computer. It was times like this that scavving really paid off. Even if there was nothing worth taking from the rooms throughout, the knowledge contained within this place alone was a treasure. ....and if this place existed, then the Lost Mountain might be a reality too. For the first time she began to believe in the possibility of a treasure trove in her future. She turned to Sammy, swiveling in the chair.

"Should we move on...or explore some more in here?"

Sammy played with the screen some more and saw an icon that said print. She clicked the little image and a loud buzzing sound made her jump a little then a few pieces or surprisingly crisp paper came out of the wall by the cabinets. Looking at them she saw it was a simple picture of what they saw on the computer screen. She chuckled handing the papers to Ez. "Well looks like we have a map so I say we move on." Sammy had never gone scavving before and wasn't sure what they'd be looking for aside from the obvious stuff. Guns, meds, parts and such. "So what exactly do we look for when scavving? Like I know he obvious stuff, but there's gotta be more to it. Think you can give me a proper scavver education?" She chuckled looping her arm with Ez's.

Ezra looked at Sam for a brief moment, a smile coming to her lips. "Anything that catches your attention is worth looking at...but it's really about things you can sell or trade. Metal is always good. As it cloth. So old clothes or bedding. Paper is another uncommon item...something that seems to be common here." She began walking, leading them from the control room and continuing down the hallway, listening for any sound of the other group before pushing through a door listed as a closet. "I find a lot of things buried in the sand, so I tend to drag my feet when I walk. Of course, that isn't going to help us here."

Ez paused in the doorway, the smell of chemicals strong enough to burn her eyes. Black mold crept along the walls and stains riddled the floor. "Anything in here is ruined," she stated, backing out quickly. "Come on, there's a lunch room a few doors away. We can check for dry goods." As soon as they entered, it was obvious the room had been ransacked years before, most likely by rodents. Plastic containers littered the room, holes chewed into them and their contents long devoured. The cabinets hung open, the shelves emptied. Even the chairs had been toppled. "Seems we're too late...come on...we'll look in the living quarters."

Sammy followed obediently behind her mother studying the map closely. There were so many rooms in this bunker. Usually when you hear about bunkers, even old world ones, they're just one big room with things just kinda thrown all around or just a bunch of smaller rooms on a single level, but here she counted at least six levels and she didn't even bother to count all the smaller rooms on each level. This wasn't just a bunker it was some kind of underground city. She saw rooms marked shopping, food, storage, workshop--the list went on and on. The first level living quarters were down the hall from the cafeteria. Following the map Sammy hmmed.

"Think we can get Mr. Lawless to settle here instead of going after this lost treasure? I mean this place is prolly the same type of thing he's after in the Lost Mountains, only we know this one is real and aside from some bumps along the way we've made it here in one piece." She walked level with Ez folding the map and slipping it into her medic bag. "For one we still need to go through the heaviest Raider lands and mutant hordes to reach the Lost Mountains." She said this part more quietly and to herself, but Ez would surely be able to hear her.

With her hand on the next door's knob, Ez paused at Sammy's suggestion. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it, but I'm not sure what he is looking for at the Lost Mountain site. Maybe it is different from this one." She turned the knob and stepped inside the room. There was a musty smell and a thick layer of dust, but other than that, the small space appeared untouched. "As far as dangers, they are everywhere. This is a hot zone, with higher rad levels than most. And there is little to hunt out in these wastes. Less fresh water...few trees. It's a desert--scorched like hell." She shrugged her shoulders, then stepped inside, holding the door until Sam joined her. "The inside of this bunker is pleasant, but who knows how long that will last?" She laughed lightly. "I'm really building it up, aren't I? It really is better then anything I have seen. The mountains are a better location, but we'll see."

Pulling open a cabinet, Ez was greeted with a cloud of dust and particulates--the remainder of clothing long disintegrated. Ezra coughed, putting her hand over her mouth. She turned and walked over to a desk with a small computer sitting on its surface. "Let's see if this one works," she said to Sam as she pressed the 'on' button. The screen began to lighten and a face appeared in a close-up view of a weary soldier. The man's eyes were red from irritation and his face was ashen, his lips a sickly color of bluish pink.

...three days. Nothing but fire...and the heat is unbearable, even with the air conditioners. Filters are failing, smoke and who knows what else is getting inside. ....don't know how long...

There was a wet rattling in his throat, then the man in the image began to cough, lightly at first, then increasing in intensity. When he finally stopped Ez turned to her daughter. "You should see this..." she stated plainly, then faced the monitor again.

The image blurred, then filled with the color orange. The lens backed up, and raging fires became visible.

This is it...the outside world now. We can't leave...we've tried, but the heat sears the flesh off your bones in seconds. Nothing can be alive out there....nothing.

There was a hissing noise and the image went black. Whirring, then a click before the message started again.

Sammy hugged Ez gently as she watched the message play once again, her eyes watering a little.

"This was someone's last home, what do you think happened to them?"

Ez turned away from the video and shook her head. "They probably died shortly after this was made. The man in the vid looks half gone already. Rad poisoning...or just bad air. Hard to say. If they went into the lower levels they might have survived for a little while." She shrugged. "My father said his ancestors went underground for years after the Big Fire...never really thought about it...but I suppose it would work."

She opened a few other cabinets and pulled out a handful of loose cartridges that were laying on a shelf. After a quick look, she slipped them into her pocket. There were also some coins which she pocketed as well. "I hope the others are doing better, but I think the lower levels will be more productive. Not much here that has survived." She continued looking through the room, then glanced at Sam. "Hey...let me take a good look at that map...maybe we can veer from the plan a bit to find the better treasures."

Sammy nodded handing the woman the printed out map as she picked through some of the desks. Soon she came across a plastic bag still sealed. Curious she pulled it out and saw that is was a dress, nothing fancy, but it was a light blue and had a slightly floral print. It looked too small in the chest for Sammy so she smiled and brought it over to Ezra. "Hey ma, check out what I found. My boobs won't fit it, but I think your smaller ones will. " She was just teasing her mom, but still it would be fun to see how she reacted.

With a barely noticeable glance down at her breasts, Ez faced Sammy and appraised the found item of clothing. She pulled at the fabric around the bosom then laughed. "I think we could squeeze you into this, more your style than mine. ...and there seems to be some give in this area." She scoffed, then pushed out her chest. "..and there's nothing wrong with smaller ones. They get the job done. Just wait until you are older and yours hang to your belly--see who laughing then." She grabbed Sam's hand then and pulled her into the hall.

"Come on. Let's do some real shopping a few levels down. We'll take J and M with us...make an adventure of it." And just to make the mood a bit lighter, she took the dress and slipped it over her head, smoothing the fabric over her clothing. As her daughter had guessed, it was a good fit, even though it was a bit feminine for Ez's taste. "How do I look?" she teased, surprised at the new side of her that was emerging around Sam.

Sammy laughed cupping her breasts and pouted. "I know, maybe I'll find some super bras in the Lost Mountains and keep them up." She watched Ez put the dress on and clapped lightly smiling. "You look great mom." She moved around the other woman pulling the fabric a little to settle it all in place. "You look like one of those classy ladies from before the end of the world. I think Jackal would approve, just gonna have to take off your other clothes under it." She bumped Ez's hip smiling. "Glad I get my good looks from you ma."

Ez blushed a little at the compliment, then shook her head. "He would think I look foolish...which I do," she replied, but she did wonder a bit how he would react. "As for your looks, there's little of me in there. You truly favor your father. Which is a good thing." She smiled again, then dragged Sam along the hallway until they found the other pair that was scavving.

"New plan," she said, directing them to the printed map. It was only a short while later and they were heading down a flight of stairs that would take them to the shopping district and hopefully a plethora of clothes and supplies.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

While Ez and Sam were having their fun scavving the upper levels, Jackal and Deck were delving through the silence of level three. The lights were on, but this level looked to be mostly residential and the speakers didn't work here, so the music they heard on the first two levels wasn't playing down here.

Just their breathing and the steady thump of their bootfalls filled the desolate halls. Neither man had any idea what they might encounter down here. From their quick walk around the base it all looked secure, but after two hundred some odd years no abandoned structure remains perfectly safe. What they'd come across no one could guess, rats, mutants, robots, maybe even some squatters who found another way into the bunker.

The men kept their thoughts to themselves, but they were relaxed.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

(Illegal bump >.> )

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-op-skee

Walking to the side and a little behind Jackal due to his shorter stride, Deck kept his weapon at the ready, his eyes alert for any danger. There had been nothing to stir his suspicions, but he couldn't help but think trouble was just around the corner. It had been too quiet for too long...and he was just itching to release a surge of adrenaline. He cleared his throat and scratched at his stubble. "Too still," he mumbled, pausing to listen for any sounds. If he had been in the wastes, he would expect an ambush. There was nothing but the sound of his own breathing...and Jackal's.

...and then there was something else. A soft, barely audible, scraping sound. Nails? Claws? Deck thought he might have imagined it and when it wasn't repeated, he strained his ears, cocking his head to the side like a dog to catch any sound.

"You hear that?" he whispered, worrying that he might just be hearing the others above them moving about.

Jackal nodded quickly loading a round into his rifle and bringing it up to his shoulder. "Yea, sounds like claws or something, hold up," he said. Dropping to a knee and focusing his ears as best he could and zoning out their breathing and the natural sounds of being in a big metal tube deep underground, he listened intently for any further sounds.

Deck came up beside the tall man then turned to watch their backs. There was a few moments of silence, then the ticking sound was repeated. Deck saw a flash of metal out of the corner of his eye, then a blur of moment by a side passageway they had just passed. The legs of a spider-like machine were now visible, the head portion coming into view for a brief second. Deck only caught the light of the red eyes before it disappeared again, the scuttle of its elongated legs heard as it scampered away. He shouldered Jackal to get his attention.

"Come on...this way," he said in a whisper, retracing their steps to enter the hallway he had seen the creature retreat into. Although the passageway was long, there was no sign of it on the floor. "Little fucker is fast," he murmured, then heard its clicking again. "Jackal?" he questioned when the vigilante hadn't joined him. He risked a quick glance over his shoulder and realized the man had problems of his own. It seemed the mechanical spider was not acting alone.

Jackal was about to follow Deck when a loud almost meat grinder sound assaulted his ears and a ramshackle looking robot dog with a single glowing red eye appeared. The tall man growled leveling his rifle and backing up slowly, in all his travels and fights he'd been in he'd never seen a working robot, he'd seen a few broken ones in junkyard and even came across a few mechanics who had almost gotten old ones working again. But here he was looking down the shiny steel maw, the mechanical growl filling his ears.

He studied the creature closely, it didn't look armored. Built more for speed and lethality than tanking hits. "Any ideas Deck? I've never shot a robot before."

Deck shrugged. "Go for the eyes...or eye...in his case." He also had never encountered such a creature, but removing the sight worked in the wastes. "Or you can take out it's legs--can't go far without those." All and all he was just guessing, as there could be a back-up system for anything they destroyed. He had no idea where the mechanics were for making the thing operate. "Or...", and here he laughed nervously, "...we could just fill it with a lot of holes and hope for the best--be a waste of bullets though."

There was also the possibility that the robots were not dangerous, but Deck doubted that was the case. Why else would they be here? He aimed his rifle at the mangy dog which appeared the be the biggest threat at the moment. When he squeezed the trigger, the resounding boom was loud in the enclosed space, causing an echo within the hallway. One of the front legs collapsed and the robot dipped down from the assault, but only for a second. As it righted itself, Deck aimed and fired again.

Jackal had no better idea so as Deck fired he jumped back and did too. He aimed for cables or things that looked like motors, hopefully one of them would get a lucky shot. It really was a waste of ammo, but hopefully they could find an armory or something down here to restock. As Deck made the robot dog drop it exposed what looked like a power core to Jackal. And as it got back up and went back on the attack Jackal used his long legs to flip the dog midair and shoot it directly in the power core which caused it to crash to the floor with a shower of sparks and a loud crash. Jackal fell back panting lightly reloading his rifle. "Well, hope that's the only one."

Deck grunted in response. "Doubt it...nothing ever comes in singles...not to mention the spider-like thing I saw. At least it hasn't come back." He double checked over his shoulder to the side hallway and was rewarded with an empty view. "Maybe we should double time it and get out of here?" He used the tip of his boot to tentatively toe the "dead" robot. Despite the lack of a response, he gave the gadget a wide berth as he scooted around it. He had only gone a few steps when he heard a metallic ticking above him. One of the ceiling tiles had slid aside, revealing several small arachnids pushing themselves out. "Holy fuck!" Deck exclaimed, opening fire at the advancing creatures. They were only a quarter of the size of the one he saw earlier, but their numbers seemed endless as other tiles were pushed out and more emerged. "Run!"

Jackal didn't even bother wasting his ammo. He slung the rifle over his shoulder and ran alongside Deck. The little creatures seemed to be falling from the ceiling like a whirring metal rain, they needed a room with a solid metal top and a tightly sealing door. He'd seen a few of them down here, but none of the doors looked like they worked. Luckily though the tall man found one, it looked to be a storage room but it had what they needed. Grabbing the stout hunter's arm Jackal pulled him into the room and quickly sealed the door.

They could see the little spider things swarm over the one window chattering and pecking at it with their feet. But the door held and the ceiling was solid. Jackal sighed leaning against the wall, the noise became incessant and carried on for a good three minutes before a loud screech was heard from somewhere back down the way they had come. It sounded like metal being ground down by some industrial tool. The creatures quickly began to fall from the window and scatter like roaches when the light is turned on. They were gone in about a minute but Jackal was apprehensive about leaving the little room just yet. "What in the hell was that?" He asked himself as well as Deck.

The hunter shrugged. "Fuck I know...but it sounded big and kinda like that dog-a-tron you shot. I say let's not find out." Like the vigilante he was worried about leaving the room's safety, but staying could only mean more trouble. "I'll go first and if I don't get killed, you follow." Without waiting for a reply, Deck opened the door quietly and slipped out. He glanced along both ways, then set out in the direction they had been heading. There was no sign of the spiders, but the screeching sound was repeated a few times, almost causing the man to lose his nerve. Finally he stopped at a junction, waving Jackal forward and hoping for the best.

Jackal pulled his rifle down and quickly joined Deck taking a deep breath nodding. "Ok we know this place isn't empty now. Hopefully they won't go after the rest of our group. Come on, maybe we can find a control room or something and shut them off."

"Hmm...right. I think Ez said there was one on the first floor. Probably where they turned on that music. Should we head there or try to find something on this level?" Deck wasn't sure if the metal beasts had an off button, or if it would be in the main control room or not. In his experience beasts were killed with bullets, not buttons. Unfortunately this was not his area of expertise...and he doubted anyone living could claim those bragging rights. He grunted then started walking alongside Jackal.

The lawman sighed looking carefully around them as they rounded a corner. "We'll explore the rest of this floor, make notes on things then head back up and run our ideas by Ez. The sandstorm has likely buried us in here so we may need to be looking for another exit. If we come across any more big bots aim for joints or cables. It might slow them down long enough for us to get outta here."

Deck nodded, his attention divided between Jackal and the surrounding hallway. The loud screeching had finally stopped and he hadn't heard any ticking of metal for a bit now. There was an ache in the pit of his stomach which he attributed to stress, but also hunger. He hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and was hoping for a break soon. They had already covered a large portion of the floor, leaving less than a dozen doors to open. The sooner they were out of here, the sooner he could eat. Funny how stress did that to him. He grinned at the tall man at his side, the thrill of the continued hunt releasing pleasurable endorphins now that the threat had passed. "Let's do this."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Luckily the two men managed to explore a further two floor without the metal things coming back. They would've gone deeper, but the door at the end of the second floor was locked with some kind of biometrics or key card and despite their best efforts they could't pry it open.

It would likely take more than just them to get through, who knows maybe one of the other teams found some kind of control room or the key card needed to get through. But for now they were do back at base camp with the grave news of their encounters. Hopefully the robots hadn't found their way to the others.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 09-05-2018 at 01:39 AM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Ez and Sam were the last to return to base camp, with Jessica and Matches in tow, each of them carrying a large load of items they had scavved. Ez was using a blanket which she had secured around the goods, while the other three had backpacks and tote bags stuffed full of clothing, foot wear, paper, dry goods, and a small amount of ammo. They were in good spirits, talking amongst themselves, and glancing around at the other members of the camp. Each of them had a thin layer of whitish grey powder on their skin and clothes and Ez had a shallow cut on her forehead and wrist, the dried blood standing out in contrast with her ghostly pallor.

It was while they were scavving that Ez had received the minor injuries. A wall had collapsed while they were searching in a small storage room located by the strip of stores they had just rummaged. They had been moving boxes when the area behind them just turned to dust, scattering the shelves' contents to the floor. Ez had been the last one to escape the room...and it was in those last few seconds that she was scratched...by something. She had not seen the thing clearly, but the flash of a red eye stayed with her.

Now, as they entered the large open area, everyone's eyes turned to them as they added their day's haul to the other items that had been deposited on the floor. Ez caught Jackal's eye and gave him a smile, remembering the night before and the words they had spoken to each other. She walked over to where he was standing, her hand lightly brushing the gunslingers in a tender gesture. She hoped he or Deck could shed some light on what she had seen several floors below. She had not mentioned what she had seen to her group, telling them she had been cut by the shelves so as not to alarm them. She felt a bit foolish, wondering if she had seen a trick of light or some freakish creature's eyes.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 10-21-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

All the way back up the two men were discussing what to do about the metal creatures. They had bodies and guns, but these things were nothing like what they had faced before. And even if they found the base's armory Jackal wasn't sure they had enough bullets to kill them all and he was pushing for getting out of the base. Deck disagreed, he was sure if they could find the boss bug or whatever is powering and controlling the robots they could beat it.

One thing they did agree on though was Ezra needed to know about the incident and guard patrols would need to changed possibly even blocking off the lower doors again until they have a plan. As they reached the motor pool Deck split off to check on the preparations for dinner and Jackal would be the one to open discussions with Ez. He was tired and worried, but seeing her smiling face lightened his heart and he chuckled lightly gripping her face softly studying the cut. "Can't leave you alone for a few hours without you hurting yourself can I?" He chuckled kissing her lips softly.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post (Siksta and Moon)

Ez moaned softly as Jackal's lips met hers, returning the kiss, then reluctantly pulling away, looking the vigilante in the eyes. She could tell he was troubled by something, but her cuts were not severe enough to be the reason. She glanced over at Deck standing by the fire, but he was paying them no mind, his hands...and his mind most likely...busy on preparing a meal. She had wanted to speak to both of them, but obviously she only had an audience of one.

"I am fine...no pain at all. Just a bit of a mess." She mumbled as she brushed at the dust clinging to her with impatience. "Had a bit of trouble though...same for you?"

Jackal smiled and nodded slowly helping her dust off before taking her hand and moving more out of hearing range of the rest of the camp, the last thing they needed was a camp wide panic. Once he was sure they were far enough away he nodded. "Yes, Deck and I were attacked by these weird robots, they swarmed out of the walls, but I wasn't even sure they were real. 'Cause they didn't break through the flimsy door him and I were hiding behind and our bullets didn't seem to do anything to them. We saw a much bigger bot down there, but it didn't come after us. What did you come across?"

Ez shrugged, not sure how to describe what she'd encountered as she had only gotten a brief glimpse. "I think I saw a glowing red eye or light and...maybe metal limbs...or knives. I'm not sure. It moved so fast, but I'm pretty certain it caused an entire wall to collapse. It was strange. It seemed to be attacking, but it didn't follow us...at least not as far as I could tell." She looked behind her, as though talking about it could make it reappear. "Do you think it was the same thing? If so, we may need to rethink staying here another night. If your bullets didn't stop them, then we don't have any defense."

Jackal nodded slowly rubbing his face then sat down on a rock staring at the far wall. "It might've been, but I have a feeling if it could get us it would've by now. We've been making plenty of noise and have shown ourselves to be tomb raiders as it were. It's probably been over two centuries maybe even longer since it was first built, maybe it can't go very far from it's charging station or something and just wanted to scare us away from the charging stations. That could be our defense, but I haven't heard the sandstorm since we got back so maybe it's gone, but I have a feeling it'll take us a day or more to dig ourselves out of all the sand it dumped on top of us." He rubbed his face again. "Maybe our first course of action should be seeing how buried we are."

Ez chewed her lower lip, Jackal's words circling around inside her head. Everything he said made sense, but she didn't like dealing with unknown factors, and fighting an enemy she wasn't familiar with only added to her concern. And it wasn't just her life she was responsible for--there was Sam, and all the new recruits. Finally she nodded, giving in to his suggestion, hoping his experience and reasoning proved to be right. "Okay...we'll keep a tight watch tonight and look into the problem of sand build-up in the morning. Let everyone divvy up the goods we found after a good meal and then early to bed." She sat down next to the vigilante and put her hand on his chest, unconsciously counting the beats of his heart. "One of the three of us will have to be on watch during the night, taking shifts...doesn't give us a lot of alone time." She frowned, thinking of the dress Sam had found and wondering when she would have time to wear it. "I think I'll take first watch, give you two a chance to rest." She scooted in closer, leaning her head against his chest. She hmmed softly, finding comfort in his closeness. She closed her eyes for just a moment before speaking again in a soft tone. "Sam was hoping we could stay here forever...I think that's out of the question now. It would have been nice though...not traveling anymore. Having a place to call home."

Jackal wrapped his arms fondly around Ez's body, pulling her more into his chest enjoying the warmth of her body. He agreed with everything she said. He was thinking the same thing honestly. This place wasn't the Lost Mountain Treasure, but it had everything a group could want-- to not only survive but thrive. Deeper down there could even be a Botany room or something so they could grow food.

They had the best protection from the outside world in this bunker. But the inside dangers would be the end of that dream unless they could find a way to beat the robots. He'd think on it if he could, but with Ez's mention of not having any alone time he frowned slightly. Once again she was right, but he had an idea. Gripping her chin and lifting he kissed her lips smiling. "Well I'll take the last shift that way we'll have the middle of the night for alone time. How's that sound?"

Ez smiled, thinking she would have to get cleaned up first...somehow. Maybe Sam or some of the other women would be up for a shower. She and Sam had passed a large bathing facility...hopefully it would have running water. If not, there was always the stream she and Jackal had fallen into.

"I look forward to it...as always. I even have a surprise for you." She thought of the dress Sam had found. She wasn't even sure it would fit, but it appeared to be her size. It really wasn't her style--she hadn't worn a dress since she was a child--and hoped she wouldn't feel foolish.

Leaning in for another kiss, Ez rubbed her hand against his chest before standing. He was still a mystery to her in so many ways, maybe that was why she found him so alluring. He was tall, dark, handsome, and dangerous. So very dangerous. ...and she loved him. Despite everything she warned herself against when it came to men, she had allowed herself to become attached. What their future held was a mystery, one she looked forward to discovering.

Jackal smiled returning the kiss before breaking from her embrace. He'd slip away to get cleaned up and lay down for some sleep before the middle of the night.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast