Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains IC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP) (M)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jackal's mind was swimming. So much was happening and he was having issues keeping it all straight, something he was never comfortable with. Robots, lost treasure, death, deceit, it was like he was living in a Pre-Fire motion picture of some kind. But then again most of his adult life was like that.

At least he had Ezra, by his side. He loved her dearly, and every second away was almost painful. But still his mission kept pushing up from the back of his mind. Through the worries and idle fantasies, reasserting it's importance. He must reach the treasure of the lost mountain and he must reach it with with Ezra and Sammy, he simply must.

With a slight growl he finishes fastening his supplies to Vash's back and led the dusty beast to the tunnel entrance with the rest of the caravan. He gave the creature a sugar cube to enjoy and went to Ezra's side. The tunnels would be too narrow for anyone to ride so all would be walking, as he got close he noticed the apprehension on the woman's face and saw the blood. With a knitted brow he pulled out his handkerchief and dabbed the blood with it smiling. "Don't damage those lips too much, I may need to kiss them later. What's got you chewing on yourself?"

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Ezra jerked back in surprise when Jackal started wiping away the blood on her lips. She had been lost in thought, hardly noticing when he came up beside her, but definitely not expecting him to get so close and up in her face. She offered a weak smile in apology at her reaction, gently moving his hand away and running her tongue over her bottom lip to get the last drops. She met his gaze, her smile warming up to him now that he had her attention. "I hope that means what I think it does," she said softly in response to his comment, her body heating up to the suggestion. "...but don't worry, I'm just a bit nervous about this next stretch. I was a bit distracted, thinking about the ride underground...and afterwards."

She didn't want to lie to him, but she also didn't want to tell him the truth. They had shared a lot together, but both still had their secrets, and some of hers she hoped would never come to light. If things in Endver were still the same as when she left, she would have to start explaining the ghosts of her past, otherwise, she could just push them back again into the small, dark closet of her mind. With a slight grimace, she reached over and squeezed his hand, deciding to at least let a little light in on the subject.

"I know we haven't talked much about our origins, but I did mention I was from the Midway area. Not real proud of the fact, but Endver is actually my home town. Not much of a place...at least not way back then. I guess I'm a bit nervous heading back there also...old ghosts." She didn't elaborate, the group finally having all gathered together and ready to head out. She waved them forward, taking Clove's reins and placing them over her shoulder. As long as he wasn't spooked, the gelding would follow her obediently. She gave Jackal a quick glance. "We can talk more about it tonight...after we get out of the tunnels. Not sure I want everyone in on the discussion."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jackal nodded slowly taking note of her words and trying to decipher what she meant beforehand. But as he thought about it she had a point. While this group was leaps and bounds more trustworthy than the one they started out with still not the best idea to air dirty laundry in their faces. Grabbing Vash's reins he fell in step behind Ezra, the tunnels forcing the caravan to go in single file or find working elevators to bypass taking animals and carts down stairwells.

By the time they reached Gia's Queendom nearly five hours had elapsed with the young people growing more scared and restless with each step. By Jackal's calculations it was likely well into the night, and no one would be in the mood to dig through tons of scrap metal and trash. They pulled into the room and found the exactly half of the heap had been removed, and neither Gia nor her "children" were anywhere in sight. The Robotic Matron obviously believing it best to be out of mind by being out of sight, but the lawman was sure they were keeping eyes on the group.

Looking back he waved his hand and the group let out a collective sigh and slumped to the ground or against their mounts to rest. He chuckled then look at Ezra. "Well seems we'll be resting one more night in the bunker."

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Ezra nodded, hoping the air quality wouldn't drop too low during the time they rested. It didn't seem to lay as heavy this deep inside the redoubt, perhaps the partially blocked tunnel was allowing some fresh air to filter in. She quickly scanned the disheveled room, laying a hand gently on Jackal's arm and indicating an area a bit out from where the others seemed to be setting up camp. "I'm going to get Clove settled in for the night. Can you bring the tent? I think we should rummage through the weapon's locker before we retire. Get an idea what is salvageable. Unless you would rather wait until morning?" The last was said with the raise of a brow, her suggestion obvious. "I'll be right along to help with the tent."

She took the cloved horse to a quiet area where the lights were no longer functioning and gave him a good brush down before providing him with food and water. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day...lots of manual labor and a trek through a mostly dark tunnel. Hopefully she would be able to work off some of the tension she was feeling tonight with the gunslinger in her arms. She chuckled lightly to herself...who would have ever thought she would enjoy the tender part of lovemaking?

Patting the horse on his rump, she joined back up with the rest of the party, seeking out Sam. The girl was spending an awful lot of time with the newcomers, which was not so surprising as they were closer to her age. It helped that they did not know her past...the emotional scars from such a life style were hard enough to hide in a crowd of strangers...co-existing with her original crew had been a constant hardship for her.

Ez approached the attractive blonde and gave her a quick hug. She was starting to get used to the public displays of affection now that she had both a daughter and a man she loved living by her side. She squeezed the girl's hand and offered her a smile. "I want you to walk up front with Jack and I tomorrow. It's going to be a long trek and I want to keep an eye on you...just to be safe. Stay with your friends tonight, and get some rest. We have a ton of debris to move aside in the morning." She nodded to the others standing by her, giving Deck a heads up as she moved back along the further reaches of the equipment room.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sammy let out a surprised squeak as Extra came up and hugged her. It was a nice surprise, mind you. Ever since she found out about Ezra being her mom the feeling never stopped feeling good, but she knew Each wasn't the touchy feely sort so anything like this was always a surprise.

But recovering quickly she returned the hug in kind and nodded giving the older woman a smirk. "Will do mom, just please don't be making out with Jackal the whole time. It'll be too gross." It was awesome having a mom she could joke with and friends she could hang with. Was almost like being a normal teen rather than a teenage former whore.

The tall man caught her hint and gave a small nod at her suggestion. "Sounds like a date Ezra." He chuckled gathering up their now combine sleeping kits and moved them to where the woman suggested.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The tent went up easily with the two of them working together and afterwards Ez arranged the furs inside to make a comfortable bed. She ran her hand lightly over the soft hides, a slight frown appearing on her features. They were the only thing left over from her experience with the Salties and they were much better than her usual blanket thrown on the ground--both for comfort and warmth--even with the memories that they stirred. With a shake of her head, she slipped back out to grab a bite to eat before retiring, the thought of the night ahead erasing any feelings that had surfaced just a moment before.

As was his custom, Deck had prepared a large meal for the travelers, ensuring full stomachs when they all headed for bed. Ez sat next to the cook, although her attention drifted often to Jackal, as she discussed the next morning's plans. A cold breakfast of left-overs would be followed with the raiding of the weapons locker. She put Deck and Jack on that task as they were best suited to determine what would be salvagable. The rest would work on removing the remaining debris. Hopefully they would be on their way in a few hours. After recommending everyone get a good night's sleep, a suggestion she had no intention of following, she went out into the hall and entered one of the many washrooms that were scattered thoughout the redoubt.

A light blinked on overhead and Ezra took a moment to look at herself in the mirror. She let her hair out, the waves of brown falling about her shoulders. It was longer than she usually kept it, the weeks on the road making her less tuned in to her appearance. Even her skin looked untended, fine lines starting to show around her eyes and mouth. The sun was taking its toll...her age also a factor. She looked away, turning on the water and washing her face in a splash of cold water. She cleaned up as best as she could, even managing to wash her hair with a liquid soap that was in a dispenser. She wondered idly if the spider robots and their 'mother' kept everything in working order...at least to the extent of having lights and power. The years that had passed would surely have allowed everything to go to ruin otherwise.

Drying off with the paper-like towels, Ez left the bathroom and quietly headed back to the equipment room. She kept attentive to her surroundings, even though the metal creatures had not threatened them as of yet, they still could not be trusted in her opinion. She entered her tent and slipped out of her clothes, pulling the furs loosely over her body as she waited for the gunfighter to join her.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jackal wasn't all that hungry right the now. So he had Deck save him some while he got to work on shifting through the weapons and gear left over in the armory. Most of the weapons were well beyond useful.

Rusty, broken, or looking like they had chunks bitten out of them. The spiderbots didn't strike him as the types to eat or recycle things like that. A few decent rifles, handguns, shotguns, there was even a few machine guns laying around that could be saved.

Recycled parts, some macheing equipment for new parts if they find the blueprints, there was even a few pallets of ammo to go through. All and all a damn good haul, the trick would be fine tuning the finds and packing it all up for the road and resale. He moved a few of the pallets around and pulled the most destroyed items off to the side.

It hadn't taken long, but he had made some progress. Still he would need more hands to make a big dent. Plus he had a date with Ezra, moving to one of the washrooms. He stripped down and began wiping himself clean. It has been a bit since he had a bath, maybe falling in that pond days ago could count. But a proper cleaning has been a long while in waiting.

He did what he could to clean himself. A few minutes passed and he was as clean as he could be under the circumstances. Gathering up his shirt and coat he left the washroom and made his was to the tent. His face creased in a huge smile as he drew closer. He knew what was waiting for him.

Stripping out of his own clothes he slipped inside the tent and slid under the furs with Ez moving up behind her moving his hands around to her front before kissing her neck. "Hey you "

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post--A sleepless night

Ez had only been in the tent a short while before Jackal joined her. She looked up as he entered, a smile coming to her lips as she anticipated his warm body against hers. As soon as he climbed in next to her, she leaned back into him, her hands cupping his. "Hey..." she responded in a soft tone, her body responding to his touch immediately. She sighed as his lips brushed against her skin.

"I hope you weren't planning on getting any sleep," she said playfully, her voice low. "I've got a real appetite tonight."

Jackal chuckled rolling them over so Ez was on the bottom as he settled himself atop her, his hands brushing up her sides before they rested on her face kissing her lips fondly. "Sounds like a challenge Ezzy." He winked and deepened the kiss.

She returned the affection hungrily, pulling his lower lip into her mouth and biting down. As she shifted to redistribute his weight more comfortably, her hands went lower, to the rise of his backside, the nails digging into his flesh as her passion increased. "You feel like you are up for it lover," she teased as she pulled away slightly from the kiss. Her lips brushed against his, her gaze shifting upwards to look deeply into his eyes. "Don't be gentle," she urged, groaning as she pushed harder against him.

The man laughed giving her a wink before he went forward with what they both wanted. Nearly an hour passed before in a panting sweat-coated heap the pair fell to their sides. No words could be heard through the heavy pants, but as Jackal's hand gripped Ez's it was obvious no words were needed.

For a long while, the woman remained silent, savoring the quiet, and taking comfort in the simple act of oneness. When she turned to him, her hand went to his chest to trace the scars which covered his torso. The network of marks always a fascination for her. She sighed lightly then looked up at him, her hand stopping mid-trace. "I want to...no...I need to share something with you...if not for the necessity of stopping in Endver it would not be an issue...but...there is a history there. …and if anyone recognizes me..." She sighed again. "It's easiest to say that Endver was...is...a religious town. And the people within used to be very devout. When I was young there was a preacher..."

With a deep exhale, Ezra pushed herself up into a sitting position, pulling a fur over her lap. She kept her gaze downward, her fingers now running along the hide. "...a preacher from the wilds. No name...just 'sir'. And he found his new flock wanting...the children illiterate. He set it upon himself to teach us...but he was not a pious man. His ways were...unusual." She glanced up at Jackal, her lower lip once again the object of her teeth's affection. "I don't wish to speak of his lessons...I just...I'm afraid the same teachings may be in effect. And if so, you must never agree to atonement. Or anything else they may offer. I can only hope things have changed and a simple trade can be accomplished."

She uncovered herself and went to lay down again next to him, her head coming to rest on his chest. Breathing in his scent and closing her eyes, a calmness settled back within her quickly. "It'll be fine. I'm worrying for nothing," she said, more to herself than him.

Jackal listened intently to her confession rolling to his side to study her closely. This wasn't the first time he'd heard about False Men of the Cloth skeeving through Ragged America. Humans as a species wanted to find greater meaning in the chaos of life, find meaning in why their loved ones died and bad shit kept happening for seemingly no reason.

Before the Fire religion, any religion filled that void. Many thought relation was made for the void and didn't actually come from any kind of divine source. He'd killed more than few between slaughtering Black Jacks. Some were thieves, others murders, some were even rapists. And he had a feeling this one in Endver was one of the third types. But he could be wrong, he didn't recall ever going to the town. As she moved back to his side he wrapped his arm fondly around the woman kissing the top of her head. "I've never known you to worry for nothing Ezzy, I'll be sure to spread the word through our group tomorrow."

Ez nodded, pressing herself tighter into the gunman's side. She could grow used to this, having a man beside her every night. It was easy to forget her worries when his warm body was tucked in so close to hers. She and Jackal had never talked about their future, something she had never bothered to worry about with any other lover. But there were questions that had floated through her mind recently. Was he the type that settled down? Was she? And what about children--was he hoping to have some of his own? They were not in a situation where she would consider asking him any of this, but she couldn't stop her mind from wondering.

With a soft sigh, she looked up at him, running her finger along the line of his jaw. "I don't want to think about tomorrow. We will have all day to worry about that. Let's focus on us for the remainder of the night." She smiled, pressing her lips to his chest, her teeth nibbling lightly against his skin. "That is...if you are up for it." She reached for his hand, entwining their fingers. "Of course, I'll understand if you are tired and need some more rest. I've never met a man that could keep up with me."

Jackal let out a low laugh and rolled his lover to her back giving her a lusty wink. "Oh I think we're about evenly matched Ezzy." Leaning down he kissed her deeply his hands pinning hers down as another round of fun began.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Morning came too soon for the lover hidden in their tent simply enjoying the presence and warmth of the other. It was a rare thing to experience in this dead world. Tree comfort and intimacy, nothing else in the world but two people joined by cardinal desire and held together by what could be called love...just life before the Fire.

But as much as they wished for it to be otherwise the sounds of the breaking down camp and the soft footsteps of Sammy made the lawman let out a low annoyed groan. "We're getting up Sammy, just make sure Deck and the others pick up everything we'll need." The soft steps ceased then the girl let out a low click of her tongue confirming she heard him before she turned and went back to camp.

He pulled himself out from under the furs pulling them away from Ez's nude body next to him. He felt stirrings inside of him, but squashed them down and simply shook the woman a littler harder than needed to make her body jiggle one last time for his amusement. "Time to get moving Ezzy."

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

"Mmm," Ez murmured, rolling over onto her side after being jousled. She peered up at Jackal, a sly smile coming to her lips. "I'm awake...sort of..." Appraising him openly she grabbed for her clothes and started dressing. "You're a sight for tired eyes lover. Too bad you have to cover up all that." Getting to her feet a moment later, she slipped up against him, wrapping her arms around his waist as she rose to the tip of her toes to plant a kiss on his lips. "I'll see you out there," she said softly, slipping out the tent's flap to start her day.

Once everyone had a breakfast of cold left-overs, the work on the pile of debris began. Ezra and Jackal got everyone organized, the work taking several hours, leaving everyone tired and sore. The wagon and pack animals were loaded up after another light meal and finally the group was on their way again towards their next destination. Although no one voiced it, a sense of relief was felt now that they were leaving the confines of the redoubt...none of them being used to spending time enclosed in an underground facility.

The trip though the tunnel was uneventful, the darkness causing them to move slowly with only handheld torches for light. There had not been one sighting of the spiders since the day before, although their presence could be felt. Ez led her horse with a tight grip on his reins, a chill running along her spine despite the sheen of sweat on her skin. The dank and musty smell of the long tube finally gave way to fresh air after a couple hours of seemingly endless walking, the scaver letting out a long sigh of relief as she, Jack, and Sam emerged into the open air, a double set of doors revealing the desert landscape reshaped.

Ezra waited until everyone had emerged from the tunnel before she mounted Clove. The mountains were close, only a few hours ride...and then they could camp before entering Endver the following morning. Already the sky was starting to darken as dusk approached.

"On me," she called as she headed out at a slow pace, motioning her arm forward. Sammy slipped back to ride with her friends, Deck holding up the rear, and Jack fluctuating his position along the line. Night came along soon enough, a full moon lighting their way as they reached the foothills. A well worn path along the rocky scape led upwards in a gradual climb. Ez stopped the group once the gates of Endver were visible in the distance.

"We'll camp here," she said, stopping her horse in a small clearing with obvious signs of previous use. A ring of rocks enclosed a generous pile of ash, and flattened areas were evident from the placement of previous tents. There was plenty of grass for the horses and a crystal clear watering hole for drinking...and bathing. Ezra knew how she was going to spend her evening. She rubbed Clove down and got him set up for the night...her own tent going up quickly. While Deck prepared their dinner, she positioned herself on a rocky projection and stared up at the exterior of the entrance of her home town. Even at this distance it looked impressive...her memory failing to meet the image that stretched out before her now.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast