Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains IC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP) (M)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Breathing his first bit of fresh air in what felt like months Jackal simply sat in a breeze for a few seconds as he waited for the rest of the group to leave the bunker. He never much liked being underground, especially for so long. As perfect a new home as the bunker would be he would need to put some sunroofs in or something to keep a breeze going through the structure.

And people Pre-Fire used to choose to stay in places like that or above ground buildings all day everyday. Purposefully spurning the sun and and the sky, he couldn't do it that he was sure of. Still once everyone was out he moved to shut the doors behind them but saw the glint of metal and caught a final glimpse of Gia's strangely maternal face smiling at him in thanks before she pulled the doors shut and he heard the doors seal tight as if all the way was sucked out of the base. He even thought he heard the heavy clunk of the base's generator being shut off, likely to remain off for another two-hundred years.

Maybe if they reached the end and found the Lost Treasure he could use some part of it to allow the robotic matron to leave her tomb and show her mechanical children the light of day. But they would need to find it first, Endver was before them and Ez's words from last night played through the lawman's mind as he kept Vash moving through the ranks checking on everyone, and keeping the agitated Chabbit from bolting off in some random direction. Despite being descendants of rabbits, the Chabbit species has become more like old world buffaloes needing the wide open spaces to run and feed. If they had hung around the bunker for a few more days Vash would've likely lost his mind. And now it was a fight just to keep the pent up energy in check. As they got moving properly though Vash found his rhythm and gave his partner a break at yanking the reins for a few hours. The arrival at the night's camping site was a welcome change for everyone, no sooner had Jackal dropped his gear off by Ez's tent and pulled Vash's saddle off than the big creatures was off like a shot leaving a tall dust trail in his wake. The tall men let out a low chuckle, he knew Vash would stay within shouting distance but he doubted he'd see the beast again that night.

He did a quick once around the camp making sure everyone was settled in before he moved off on his own, the camp had a pool and he knew exactly where he'd find Ezra. Leaving his coat and rifle by the tent he grabbed some alcohol they liberated from the last town and walked up to where she was sitting handing her a bottle studying the walls. "So that's it huh?" He asked simply sipping his drink.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Shatter the fools and walk the path towards the Light.

Spoiler: The Stories I've written 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ez nodded, bringing the bottle to her lips and drinking. She studied Jack for a moment, the moon the only source of light other than the fading fire. Reaching out, she touched the side of his face briefly, a soft hum following the action before she set the brandy beside her and resumed her vigil on the wall. A few moments passed without sound or movement, then she shifted, clearing her throat. "It's not like it was...it's bigger...better fortified," she said breaking the silence. "Not sure if that is good...or bad. Too many ghosts behind those walls either way."

Bending forward she reached for her boots, unlacing them before kicking them aside. She stood to slip out of her pants, her jacket falling into the heap next. Dressed only in her black tank top and underwear, she moved towards the water. "I'm going to get wet. Care to join me?" she asked, slipping into the cool water and wading to the deeper area. She dunked her head under, running her fingers through her hair when she resurfaced to push it off her face. "It's cold," she exclaimed with a laugh, rubbing her arms for warmth. "Where's the darn cowboy when you need him?"

--------------

The light from the campsite's fire did not go unnoticed from the hilltop's watch tower, the guard calling the alarm when it was first lit. A tall, thin, man in his late sixty's approached the uniformed man and spoke quietly to them, his thinning gray hair greased back from his forehead severely. He wore a white robe edged in black, a gold cross on a thin chain around his neck the only adornment. His dark eyes were alert, the calculating mind behind them still sharp. He nodded as the guard spoke, never taking his attention away from the man until footsteps came up behind him.

"Aidan..." he said as he turned in greeting, his thin lips lifting into a smile. "I was just going to have someone get you. Seems we have...visitors. If it pleases you, I will have them brought around in the morning? Or perhaps a little later?" He took the younger man's hands in his own gnarled ones, lowering his head with respect. "Of course, we could collect them now as well."

"Tomorrow is fine Theo...I will set plans for their arrival after breakfast." The man referred to as Aidan paused, his mind already going over the meal they would prepare. Guests were not frequent and he wanted to make sure they felt welcomed...as long as they were deserving. He dropped his hands, wiping them against his pressed denims without thought. "Make sure the guard is doubled tonight. I don't want any surprises. ...and make sure we have enough staff tomorrow...can't be too gracious." He smiled in anticipation of the next morn...it would be a glorious day indeed. "...oh...and Theo...I will hold you personally responsible for our guests tomorrow. Don't disappoint me."

As the younger man turned his back, Theophyllis frowned, his focus now back on the wall. He twisted his hands together, his eyes narrowing and his teeth grinding together. A shudder ran through him, then he let his arms drop to his sides. "Tell me...what did you see?" he asked again as though there had been no interuption. As the guard described the travellers, the old man's lips lifted into a grin, his yellowed teeth exposed. "Lovely..." he said, a hint of humor on his lips. "Be sure to wake me if there is anything new to report. I will put in a good word for you for a job well done." He clapped the man on the shoulder before turning...following the path the leader of the town had taken only a few moments before.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The cowboy chuckled undressing and slipping naked into the water. Underwear wasn't something he invested in and he knew what Ezra was hinting at so being naked would be the only end result. The shock of cold made him shiver for a second or two before his body adapted and he dove under the water letting the shock full awaken him. He popped back up besides Ezra chuckling. "You rang?" He pulled her close his hands slipping under the woman's tank-top.

~~~~~~~~

Word spread quickly throughout Endver. Visitors were such a rare treat in the small hilly town, women and small children whispered among themselves. There was no description of the visitors aside from some women and some men, but one man was very tall and wore a priest's shirt and one of the women had an intricate tattoo on her back.

While those details would go over the head of most people. One woman, a dark skinned woman who looked to be around Ezra's age maybe a little younger. Concerned filled her face as she looked down at her daughter, the girl's eyes were listless and her small shoulder hung limply from her frame. "You picked a bad time to come back Ez." She whispered under her breath as she scooped the almost lifeless body of her child up carrying her home. She needed to go warn them.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Shatter the fools and walk the path towards the Light.

Spoiler: The Stories I've written 

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415