Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Treasure of the Lost Mountains IC (bluemoon x Siks apocy RP) (M)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The night rolled on quietly enough. People talking excitedly with one another, cheers ringing out along the fires, and best of all not a single peep from the robots they found down below. They've kept it mostly under wraps about them. Just a stern warning about no one leaving the camp until daylight.

Jackal cleaned up and settled in for a quick rest while he waited for Ez to get off her guard shift. He woke up a few minutes before midnight and took the time to wake himself up and check over his weapons doing an ammo check. He was down to twenty rifle bullets and about thirty pistol rounds, hopefully they could find the armory tomorrow and everyone can restock. By his reckoning they'd be on their own until they reach the mining town just before the rumored location of the Lost Mountains. Humming to himself he began cleaning the dust and carbon from his guns while he waited for Ezra to come back to their hidden tent.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post (Siksta and Moon)

Ezra handed her shift over to Deck shortly after midnight with no news to report. Before she headed back to her tent, she slipped into the community shower room and changed her clothes, slipping the new dress on and smoothing it over her hips. She wore nothing underneath, allowing the material to cling to her without any other lines interfering. She had showered earlier with a few other girls and had been delighted to find that there was warm water. With her hair recently shampooed and her body scrubbed clean, she smelled faintly of strawberries, a fruit she had never had the opportunity to taste. After a quick glance in the mirror, she shoved her daily clothing in a bag and exited into the hallway.

The walk to her tent was short, but Ez took her time, enjoying the feel of the light cotton rubbing against her skin. There was something about it that made her feel more feminine. Her breathing was already starting to quicken when she pulled back the tent's flap, surprise coming to her features when she saw Jackal already awake and sitting up. She stood in the entrance for a moment, studying him as he worked on his guns, feeling the familiar sensations his presence caused in her.

"You're awake," she said with a smile, walking over to him and putting her hands on his shoulders. She dug her fingers in, massaging the scarred flesh, then leaned over and kissed his neck. "I wouldn't mind those hands working on me like that," she teased.

Jackal had just finished cleaning out his pistol when he heard Ez's approach. Just knowing she was near made him smile and warmed his heart greatly. Putting his guns up he turned to see her and couldn't help it as his eyes went wide seeing her. She was wearing something he never expected to see her in, a blue dress with a floral pattern. At first he wasn't sure if what he was seeing was true, but she walked up and kissed his neck and he found himself really admiring how it clung so nicely to her curves.

Not that he really had any problem seeing her curves before, but the dress just reminded him how much of a woman she really was. Pulling her down into his lap he brought his hands around to grip her hips, slowly sliding along them making note that she had no underwear on. This brought a lusty smile to his face as he kissed her deeply digging his hands into her ass while his teeth nibbled on her lower lip. "Now I have seen everything. Something that makes you even more beautiful, that dress suits you well Ezzy. Where did you find it?" He brought his hands up to fondle her chest softly teasing the nipples hard. "And how quickly do you think I can get my bitch in heat out of it?" He chuckled lustfully again before laying back pulling her atop him. His mouth moving to bite her neck softly. "Or maybe just hike it up some and go to town."

Ez laughed, squirming against him as she pulled up on the lower hem of the dress. "As you wish," she replied, finally getting her lower half free of the clinging material, her hands starting to work on his belt. She had become quite fond of his little sex-time nickname for her--dirty talk was just as sexy as a little pain. "You can thank Sam for the dr..." she started, when a moan escaped her and chills ran down her spine. "Bite me harder...you tease." She pushed down on his pants, a feat that was a little tricky in her current position atop him, then gripped his hips in her hands, digging her fingers into his flesh. "One quick, then two or three slower ones?" she suggested with a laugh.

Jackal groaned happily as she moved over him, content to lie still watching her bounce and adjust for the both of them. Slipping his hands up under the hiked up dress he held the smooth skin of her hips firmly, lining them up before slipping them slightly up the tight dress so he could fondle her chest directly. Chuckling at her suggestion he nodded pulling his hands out and wrapped them around her body pulling her down so he could bite her good and hard. "Sounds good to me Ezzy."

--------------

With her heart still pounding hard against her chest and sweat coating her naked body, Ez pressed in close to Jackal following their multiple acts of love-making. She sighed lightly, her breath exhaled on his arm. "I think you may just kill me yet. I'm not sure I have enough energy to move. Poor boy...you still have a shift..." She shivered and cuddled in closer, a pressing question pushing to the forefront of her mind.

She looked at him, studying him in the dim light, a more serious expression coming to her features. She traced a line down his chest, the scars dimpling the outline of the muscles. "Can I ask you something...something you may not like?"

Jackal wiped sweat from his brow before pulling one of their discarded blankets up and around their naked forms. The privacy of their little campsite was wonderful, but he hadn't thought to start their fire tonight so he'd have to make sure to do that before he left for his shift. With a chuckle he rolled to his side and kissed the woman lightly on her lips. "Well if I kill you, I'll probably die in the process. But don't worry about me being tired. I'm used to being up long hours."

He had just settled back into her embrace and noticed the serious look on her face his own faint smile fading some more. There could be a million and one things those words could mean, but he wasn't going to begin trying to guess so he simply looped his arm around her waist and propped his head up with his hand nodding. "Of course Ezzy, we're probably at that point where all kinds of questions we won't like to answer will be coming up."

Ez chewed her lower lip, wondering if Jackal was thinking of anything in particular with that statement...then she pushed the thought aside as she looked up at him, a worried look in her eyes. She offered him a smile when his started to fade. "I was just wondering if...I mean...when you and Evy were together...was it like this?" She wasn't sure how else to ask the question or even if he would answer it...as they had never really spoken about his other love.

Jackal winched lightly, that certainly wasn't what he was expecting. But after she asked it made the most sense given the situation. Rolling to his back he stared off into the darkness of the tent thinking about his answer. He did his best to never think about Evy, in fact since he and Ezra had become a couple he'd rarely thought about her. His gut reaction was no, but as he thought about it there were a few similarities. They fucked about the same amount of time as he and Evy did, they traveled a bit together like this though no much further than a day or so from Durcell. And even in personality and affections they were close, but something just felt different with Ezra. Evy was whore before she met Jackal, and while she said she had left that life behind for him he always had his suspicions. And after she betrayed him it became clear she hadn't left it at all and those late nights working as a Grocer were really just her nights on the street. And while he wasn't 100% Ezra wasn't still messing around behind his back her feelings seem much more genuine than Evy's.

Soon he simply sighed and decided upon his answer. "Not entirely. We had our moments, but in hindsight I could easily see the act she was putting on. I think she did begin to care about me at the end she even said sorry before she died. But with you it's...different...more genuine I guess?" He sighed again looping his hands around the back of his head. "There's always going to be that doubt in my mind as I'm sure you have too. But we've been through too much on this journey to just stab each other in the back." He rolled to face her again and brushed her cheek lightly smiling. "Besides you've seen me cry, I can't let you out of my sight now to spread the word. I'll lose all the discounts I get in the towns." He leaned in and kissed her lips gently before looking down. "What about you Ezzy? I know you've had a lot of partners, but how do I stack up against Sammy's father? He seems to be the only other man you've had feelings for."

Ezra couldn't help but laugh when Jackal asked about her 'other partners'. There really had been quite a few. She thought hard before she answered him, trying to phrase it so it made the most sense. "Sammy's father," she started, "...not a good comparison...I never loved him. He was more a mentor than anything else. He taught me...I fucked him...and he was gentle and compassionate, but he didn't have the same kind of stamina as you. Or anything else for that matter," she said with a smirk. "I really don't think there was anyone that I could say I loved, but I did stay with her father the longest--almost a year--until the day he died." She sighed as the memory resurfaced. "I think he loved me though. In his own way. At least he always said he did. I think that's why I stayed so long. I just wanted the attention and someone to take care of me. ..and I have that with you too, but really there is no comparison--I have never loved anyone other than you."

Jackal chuckled kissing her on the lips. "Wow is it too late to change my answer? Kind of making me feel bad now." He joked running his fingers down her smooth side tracing her curves lovingly. "Well I'll do my best to make you not regret that."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ezra soon fell asleep and after untangling himself from her Jackal reluctantly pulled his clothes on, gathered his kit and exited the tent. He shivered lightly then made sure to fasten his tent flaps so Ezzy wouldn't get cold. He's glad he didn't bother to make a fire because the woman in the tent was sleeping like the dead and an unattended fire could end in disaster.

Fastening his coat he slung the rifle over his shoulder and headed for the entrance of the camp which is where he'd be standing guard. The lawman came upon a very dozy looking Matches leaning on his rifle trying to keep himself standing upright. With a soft chuckle Jackal approached and tapped the young man the shoulder causing him to jump up and drop his gun before frantically diving after it. The tall gunman watched with amusement as the boy kicked up a lot of dust grabbing it and returning to his spot standing board straight. "Good save Matches, you're relieved go get some sleep before you hurt someone." The tall man chuckled jerking his thumb back to camp.

Matches let out a sigh of relief and nodded shouldering his rifle and walking wearily back to camp. Pulling his rifle down Jackal quickly loaded the weapon and held it at the low ready carefully watching the darkness his ears straining for any sound of the metallic nightmares.

A few hours passed and Jackal was still in the same place, but his mind had begun to wander some. Mostly back to Ezra and what he'd do to her when he gets back. He was surprised how lewd he's become since becoming a couple with Ezra. Much of his idle thoughts were filled with her and her body. Every blemish and freckle were clear and crisp in his mind, every curve of her body both clothed and nude heated up his blood and his face. He was lost in a particularly steamy though when he saw an odd shadow from the corer of his eye. Snapping right back his rifle came up and focused on an unusual light from down the tunnel. He should've felt alarm a strange familiarity and sense of security filled his mind. He needed to investigate, moving from his post he saw Ashliee and Greggie come down the opposite hall from their perimeter patrol. Holding his hand up he pointed to the pair then to his former post and held his finger to his lips. They knew what it meant and nodded hurrying back to the camp.

The light had moved quickly and Jackal was on the move. It always stayed just out of reach as he followed it down to almost the robot level. But it stopped just before the steps and once Jackal caught up to it he was shocked to find out it's identity. A small old style flame lamp hanging from the long walking stick of the Native American man he met on the trail. Slowing to a halt Jackal slung his rifle and nodded to the elder.
    "Well greetings Silver Bear, where'd you come from?"

A dry chuckle filled the metal halls as the Indian took a long swig from his canteen then replaced it to his belt.
    "The same place you will use to leave this place Child of the Gun." He pointed a gnarled brown finger down the steps to the robot's level.

Jackal scoffed shaking his head.
    "The only thing down there is death, Silver Bear. I was already down there place is overrun by killer robots."

Silver Bear's ancient face creased in a knowing smile.
    "Beyond them is a tunnel that leads to an oasis near the town of Endver. The Woman of the Dirt will know it, though she might not be happy to go there. But you will all need to, there is over one-hundred feet of sand on top of this bunker, you will never dig out. That tunnel will be your only hope.."

The lawman shook his head slowly. This old man continued to speak in vague predictions with knowledge he shouldn't know. "How do you know all this? And how do we get past the robots?"

Picking up his stick an lantern Silver Bear continued to smile.
    "I have traveled many places my son, as for getting past the robots you need only go in peace." And with that Silver Bear walked slowly down the steps vanishing around the corner along with the strange orange glow of his lamp. Jackal contemplated chasing after the man, but he couldn't go it alone. He'd finish his watch and bring it up to Ezra in the morning, rubbing his eyes and taking a pull from his own canteen he unslung his rifle and moved back down the tunnel to his post.

Morning relief came and the rest of Jackal shift was uneventful, but full of turmoil. Rubbing his eyes he forwent Deck offered cup of coffee and simply returned to his tent. He was glad to find Ezra still there and still naked. Stripping down he climbed under the furs wrapping his arms around her much warmer body groping her fondly before settling into a deep spooning position.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Waking to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, Ez pulled her furs closer and cuddled into the warmth of Jackal's body pressing against hers. With a smile, she rolled over to face him and brushed her lips against his, softly moaning. Her fingers traced the line of his jaw and she paused, reluctantly pulling back. She stared into his face, deciding against the idea of waking him for some play time and with one final kiss, her tongue running along his lips, she slipped from the furs, tucking them back around him.

Dressing quickly and quietly, Ez exited the tent and made her way to the central fire, gratefully taking the cup of hot coffee Deck offered. She sat, a contented smile on her face, watching as the rest of camp slowly roused from sleep and came over to the main area for breakfast. "Any problems last night," she asked Matches as he stepped over, getting a shake from his head as an answer. She nodded. "Good. Hopefully we can get the bay doors open this morning and figure out our next move. We might have to do a bit of digging, but I am not anticipating more than a few hours of work."

After eating a bit of reconstituted eggs, she put together a crew and they got to work on the door. It became obvious almost from the start that they were not going to get the door to lift easily on its track, the central section bowing in a bit from the weight of the sand outside. Ezra next had them use metal bars shoved under the lip for leverage and even with the strength of several people prying up on the door, they only managed to lift it a few inches. The small victory was rewarded by a large rush of sand pouring in under the crack.

"Okay...hold it," she said, grabbing the map from her back pocket that Sam had printed out the day before. "Lets leave it be. Everyone's relieved from work duty until I return," she said, then walked over to Deck. "If Jackal wakes up soon, tell him I am going to the creek where we fell in...I need to check something." She waved to Matches, "You're with me. Grab your gun and some supplies. We might be a bit...have to check a few more doors."
    Last edited by bluemoon; 01-04-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jackal awoke as few hours later. He had no idea how many, but the stiffness in his body told him a fair few. With a low grown he sat up rubbing his eyes owlishly, he revisited the interaction with Silver Bear in the tunnels in his head a thousand and one times since last night. He woke up half-hoping it was just a really intense dream, but a dread in the back of his mind told him it was all real. Putting on some clean clothes he crawled from his tent tightening his pistol belt and slinging the rifle over his shoulder before slowly making his way to camp.

He had to tell Ezra about the encounter. But he was sure she'd think him crazy and not listen to him. There was tons upon tons of sand on top of them they'd never be able to dig themselves out. He just hoped the tunnel the old man spoke of was real. He arrived at camp not seeing Ezra anywhere and a large pile of sand by one of the doors quirking his eyuebrow he looked at Deck. "Guess digging our way out is off the table?"

Deck nodded. "Yup, Ezra and Matches are lookin' for other doors. They've been gone a spell, but she said to tell you to go to the hole y'all fell in to get here." The tall man frowned then nodded and headed in that direction.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

'...a few more doors,' turned out to be several--a bit more than Ezra had originally anticipated when she left the camp. Moving through the hallway quietly, Ez and Matches made the control room their first stop. Ez 'woke up' the computer screen by moving the mouse, and with much difficulty and help from Matches, she finally figured out how to unlock all the service entrances to the outside. It was amazing how much easier the younger generation seemed to take to these strange contraptions. There were too many buttons and symbols for her taste. Moving away with a huff after completing her task, she was preparing to leave the room when she heard a beep and turned, noticing a flashing amber triangle on the screen. When she clicked on it, the floor plan appeared, the ventilation systems now glowing yellow. With a quick step she joined Matches in the hallway, not mentioning anything about the possible danger.

Ez led them at a fast pace to their first stop, knowing now how critical it was for them to find a way out of this tomb. Despite their efforts, the door held fast and they moved on, Matches holding the map as they moved through the top level, checking each exit, but most opening outwards and refusing to budge. There were only two which opened inwards, and the amount of sand that poured from one of them was enough to block the hallway, forcing them to dig their way around.

A couple hours later, Ez stopped to take a break, drinking heavily from her canteen and wiping the sweat from her brow. "This is getting us nowhere," she said, one of the few things she had spoken in a normal tone of voice since they had started checking the doors. Matches had heard several long strings of curses from her already and hearing her talk so normally caused him to laugh. Warily she looked at him, her eyes narrowing in a way that made her appear angry. "Care to share?" she asked with a tone of impatience. She had chosen him to join her because he needed to work on his ability to stay focused and on task. She had heard complaints about him falling asleep while on watch and she planned to keep him active all day to challenge him. All of her recruits now were new, and although she expected each one to hold their weight, she also couldn't expect them to be on their game from the start.

The young man looked at her nervously. "No ma'am...I mean yes. I just thought it was funny you didn't swear this time," he said with a tremor to his voice.

"Hmm...I'll try to amend that," she replied as she returned to her feet, her look serious, but smiling inside. All the time she had been spending with Jackal seemed to have calmed her quick temper, a fact that she found interesting, yet odd, at the same time. "Why don't you go ahead and lead us to the area marked with a circle. It's out last stop on this damn venture."

As Matches took the front, Ez followed behind him, the layout of the redoubt clear in her head. She did not correct him when he made several wrong turns, just had him recheck the map and make adjustments to their path. After twenty minutes of fruitless wandering, she finally grabbed the map from him and pointed out the correct way to get to the underground stream. This was followed by a string of curses, which was met with a moan of embarrassment.

When the pair finally opened the door into the chamber, the sight before them was as expected, but not hoped. "Fuck!" Ez groaned, standing just inside the doorway, the only area not filled to the roof with the gritty substance.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Being thankful for his good memory Jackal retraced his memories from the previous days. His senses on high alert as soon as he left camp. It's been a wild few days for the lawman he was lucky to have Ezra around to give him an outlet for it. As he moved through the winding corridors he began to hear voices one of them he's sure was Ezra.

Following the sounds with a smirk on his face the tall man soon found Ezra and Matches. The room he and Ezra had fallen into was completely full of sand. He let out a low whistle. "Well guess this puts a damper on our escape."

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-op--The Machines

Ezra, hand on her weapon at her hip, was already facing the direction Jackal came from after hearing his footfalls. The tension left her as soon as she saw him and she nodded at his comment, a frown on her face. "It's like this everywhere we've looked. All the exits are blocked with sand and the air quality is dropping. I'm not sure if we can dig our way out, but I'll be damned if I am going to have us sit on our hands." She sighed heavily, leaning towards Matches and pointing out their camp site to him on the map. "We need to get back there," she said to the young man, tracing the way with her finger. She glanced back at the lawman curiously, wondering why he was meeting her here. "Unless there is something else you can suggest?" she asked.

Jackal nodded slowly. "I do have something, but might be better if I tell you in private." He looked at the young man and nodded his head back the way he came. "I marked the path back to camp with arrows, follow them." He took the map from the red-headed young man who nodded and let out a sigh of relief, being this far into the bunker made him very uneasy so he was glad to be sent back to camp. Once Matches was gone Jackal sighed himself. "So had a rather interesting experience last night on patrol."

"Is that so?" Ezra replied in a soft tone. "..and you didn't wake me?" She moved closer to him, glancing briefly at the map he had taken from the young man. She knew all the floors with their rooms and corridors by heart, but nothing in the lines pointed to escape. Putting her hand on his arm, she looked up at him, seeing the turmoil within. Something was bothering the lawman...something in addition to their current situation. "Talk to me Jackal. I don't think we have a lot of time."

Jackal nodded beginning to walk along the same path he walked last night.
    "Well I'm not sure if I told you about him before. But last night I saw the old man Silver Bear again, he'd found his way inside the bunker from some underground tunnel down below the robot level. He made it through and back without harm at all. I don't even know if it was a delusion or something, but he said there was another way, but our supplies won't last long enough to the mine town, we'll need to head for Endver."

The mention of her home town caused Ezra to pause, but she forced herself to start walking again, convincing herself that now was not the time to worry about that little detail. She tried to keep pace behind Jackal, his longer strides made up for by her increased speed. "I don't remember any mention of a Silver Bear before, but it must have been a dream or a hallucination. Otherwise he would have shown you the way out." She couldn't imagine he had walked these halls during his watch, but his apparent confidence of where he was going seemed unusual to her. "..and how would he know the status of our supplies?" she added.

Jackal noted the woman's pause, but didn't say anything he just sighed and shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine Ezra, very rarely have my eyes and ears deceived me. In fact they were part of what's kept me alive all these years, but it has happened." Leading her to the spot he met the old man he folded the map and nodded down the hall. "That's where he went. With all other exits blocked up this might be our only way out of here, but there are parts of the bunker we haven't been to yet. I was contemplating checking it out myself last night, but just in case something went wrong I decided to wait until I told you."

She nodded. "I'm glad you did not go alone...safer with two." She looked down the long hallway, chewing on her lip as she thought about the dangers they could encounter down there. "Okay, let's do this," she said, "..we don't have anything to lose at this point. If we can't find this hidden tunnel or maybe a vehicle that can push through the sand, then we can always try digging." She started out, this time moving slower, looking for anything that looked out of place...anything that wasn't on the map that Jackal carried. She looked to him, smiling to herself, then reached over and took his hand. "If things don't work out as planned, I know how I want to go out," she said with a hint of amusement. "If we have time, maybe we could give it a practice run?"

The man's tension melted away as Ez took his hand and made the somewhat lewd joke. "Oh my bitch in heat is never satisfied it seems." He leaned down and kissed her on the lips his other hand coming around to grope her gently before pulling back their hands tightening. "If we find a way out we can do it to celebrate as well." The effect she had on him was out of this world and he was so glad to have her around. "But first let's survive the robots. According to Silver Bear all we need to do is go in peace whatever that means." He sighed again then began following the path he saw the old man take.

For a short while Ezra walked in silence, mulling over the words 'go in peace'. It could be as simple as it sounded, simply to make no noise...or perhaps to post no threat. Both easy enough solutions that could be accomplished if the robots followed the queue. She slowed a bit, tugging on Jackal's hand to make him stop as she unlaced her fingers from him. "Where is the last place you saw the man...can you show me on the map? Maybe we can figure this out another way. Narrow down our search a bit. Is there a mechanical area near the bottom floor, somewhere that machinery would be set. Marked more by an 'x' than as an actual room? Or perhaps even a duct that the others flow from that is large enough that we could fit inside?"

Jackal hmmed lightly and pointed to the end of the hall. "Right about there." He lifted the map and studied it. "Looks like there's a second motor pool down here." He pointed to the bottom of the map. "That looks to be the only place big enough to house machines."

She leaned in closer, nodding her agreement. "Okay, maybe we should head there first. See what we can find. If this guide of yours turns out to be right, then you've got yourself one hell of a friend." She laughed lightly, squeezing his arm. She was thinking he may have had a prophetic dream, unless this Silver Bear was more of a spirit. Either way, it put a new spin on things. Jackal might just be able to get them out of here before their air ran out. She moved a bit away from him, then smiled. "Lead the way handsome."

Jackal gave the woman a smile and pulled her close holding the map in one hand as he glanced up every now and then.

They were nearing a large double doored service entrance when Ezra stopped, looking above them with her eyes narrowed. "Did you hear that?" she asked, picking up a faint clicking sound from within the ceiling tiles. She took a few steps backwards, drawing her gun. The sound seemed to be coming from all around them now as small spider-like robots started pushing their way through the cracks. It wasn't until the larger bot appeared from around the doors, its one eye glowing red that she took aim, preparing to defend herself against the advancing man-made creature.

Like Ezra, Jackal pulled his gun and took aim. His instincts took over for his sense he fired a few quick shots then grabbed the woman and ran for one of the halls. There had to be one place safe around here. He kept a firm hold of Ezra's hand ducking through hallways and corridors, a strange feeling filled his heart. One he wasn't unfamiliar with, but something he hadn't felt in a long while...fear.

Not fear for himself, he'd given up on that years ago, but fear for Ezra and the company. Though most of the original troop had left the new ones were more like him and Ezra. Lost souls looking for a greater good, something worth going through hell for. But he wasn't willing to lose Ezra just yet.

They were keeping ahead of the bots, but just barely, Ezra's pace surely slower than Jackal's would be without her. She could hear the sound of the metallic limbs on the walls and floor getting closer, and she came to a decision. Giving Jackal's hand a quick squeeze, she then opened hers, releasing her grip on him so she could come to a stop. "We're not going to outrun them," she said, her breathing a little escalated, "..and if they are moving through the ceiling, then we are not going to be able to get away from them either. If they wanted to kill us, they had all night to do so. I'm going to wait here."

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, they appeared, the smaller ones converging on her by the hundreds. She stood perfectly still, keeping her hands at her sides as they started to move up her body. She closed her eyes, her chest rising and falling rapidly, but she did not move. There would be no changing her mind now.

Panic filled Jackal's mind and he quickly holstered his gun and rushed back to the woman ripping the little bots from her shouting. "NO NO WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING! I CAN'T LET THEM GET YOU!" He was frantically yanking them off his eyes beginning to water in panic.

Ez noticed a change, the scurrying on her body becoming erratic, and she reached for Jackal, taking his hands in hers, at first with a desperation and strength to her grip, becoming gentler when she had his attention. "It's okay Jack," she said, her voice calm in response to his anxious tone. "They're not hurting me...please, just relax." She looked up at him, her eyes seeking his, surprised to see the moisture forming there. She smiled, a warmth spreading within her. "We can do this...together. Just succumb to their touch." Her breathing was becoming more regular as she controlled her own fear, trying to help Jackal control his. She began moving her fingers lightly against his palms, caressing his skin. "We're going to be okay," she whispered.

Calm filled Jackal's mind and he let out a long low sigh, his body seeming to shrink inside of itself as he moved closer to Ezra and shut his eyes. He held her close, the metallic creatures crawling all over and filling his ears with their unsettling clicks and whirs. His voice went from a panicked shutter to a through the teeth wheeze, then soon settled into the same level as Ezra's slow, calm, and focused. The crawling and noise continued until it became an unending screeching.

The man thought he was going to start bleeding by the ears until it all suddenly stopped and the creatures marched off their bodies and began moving like a single wave down the hall before the giant spider creature from before appeared it's once evil red eyes becoming a somewhat gentler orange. Jackal let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. The creatures moved slowly towards them and the man had to fight the urge to move between it and Ezra. Luckily it stopped a few feet short and began speaking in a surprisingly feminine sounding voice.

"Thank you, for not killing my children this time. They are all I have left." The tone sounded genuinely sad. "Usually we can simply scare intruders away if they don't die within the first few days, your group has lasted the longest here since the base was lost over two centuries ago." Her voice box chirped slightly. "Welcome to Fort Wallace, I am Gia."

Ezra stared at the large spider-like creature with a mix of curiosity and shock. She had tried to remain calm for Jackal's sake while the smaller bots had climbed over them, but was unable to stop herself from taking a deep inhalation when the larger one began talking. She looked at it strangely, not sure how to address a robot. "Hello?" she said with uncertainty, then glanced up at Jackal.

"Hello." Jackal said pulling back from holding Ezra in a hug to simply holding her by her waist. The robot nodded lightly holding her hands in front of her. "Hello, please follow me. I am sure you and your friends wish to leave. You'll just need to clear some of the old scrap away from the door." The machine led the pair down the partially lit hallway the small crawling machines skittered passed them carrying the small broken bodies of their siblings and other bits of random scrap metal into various rooms and other hallways. It looked way bigger than at first thought.

Jackal was surprised at the industry of these machine, even years after humans abandoned this place. "Have you been down here since the Fire? Just building your children?"

Gia nodded sadly stroking the head of one of her larger arachnid like children as it passed. "Yes, we keep each other company. I was created to live forever and with humans alongside me, but when they left I was trapped here. I wasn't finished and couldn't go far on my current short-life battery." She waved her hands wistfully around the large bunker. "This is my kingdom of rust and my tomb. Without a lot of electricity I will will wind down and die, and my dear children will have no mother to care for and maintain them."

Jackal frowned lightly holding Ezra close his nerves calmed and his eyes scanned and studied the hallway and corridors doing his best to memorize them. He thought about questioning the robot about Silver Bear, but decided against it. So he kept his mouth set in a grim line his hand slipping under the hem of Ez's shirt to gently stroke the smooth skin of her hip the contact helping him stay grounded in the now despite all his instincts tell him otherwise.

His soft caress drew her attention away from the spider-like machines, and Ezra looked up at the gunslinger, sensing his disquiet that was similar to her own. She managed a slight smile, hoping she made the right decision to trust these mechanical beings. She didn't stop moving forward, unsure of any alternative. They were outnumbered and escape was not possible now. Either they were being led to an exit, or it was a trap...in a short time they would know.

The corridor came to an abrupt end, a steel door set before them. As the large arachnid continued through it, a set of lights in the ceiling flickered on, revealing a large weapons locker and several jeep-like vehicles in a state of disrepair. Rust covered every surface and a wet mold-like odor permeated the air. The room was compromised, but it appeared to be structurally sound...at least for now. The blocked exit was visible from where they stood, not an impossible task to clear, but it would take some time and man power. Ezra looked up at Jackal again, chewing her lip nervously. "We have to get the others...and quickly. This could take hours."

The man nodded at Ezra then looked at the mechanical woman standing patiently before them. "Thank you Gia, we have many in our group, but can I ask for your help in moving this wreckage? Our group will take likely the rest of the day to move it all ourselves."

The woman hmmed softly gazing at the rickety pile of scrap. She and her children could likely move it all themselves in half the time. But it was never dubbed worth the effort, they couldn't leave the bunker so the scrap had become something of their garbage dump in the years since the Fire. But she knew humans liked to collect junk so she would help them do it. She gave a soft nod. "Sure, we will help. Just be sure to tell your companions about my children, they like to inspect everyone and everything." She gave a slightly cheery chip. "Children are curious, but unless you hurt them my young won't hurt you."

Jackal nodded and turned keeping his hand on Ezra's hip leading her back to camp.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Once the pair had left the "Robot Queen's Realm" (as they both agreed to address Gia's little home as from now on.) they took off at a steady run. They didn't know how long it would take to break down camp and convince everyone to follow them into the very same area they were all warned against going into.

As they reached camp Jackal lifted his fingers to his lips and whistled shrilly. Everyone looked quickly up half of them reaching for their guns. As they saw it was Ezra and Jackal though they relaxed. The tall man nodded to them. "Alright group we found away out, but it's gonna require us to move a mountain of scrap metal. And...go into the robot levels."

As he expected the group immediately began voicing complaints and counter plans. But he shook his head and waved his hand. "We have no choice. Every other exit is blocked with no way of moving the blockage. Pack up camp and let's get going." He released Ez and went to ready his own stuff.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Everyone was busy packing up their belongings, including Ezra. She helped Jackal with the tent, then started loading up the wagon with the items they had scavenged. She spoke briefly with Deck, mentioning what they had seen in the lower levels. As he had encountered the bots with the gunman, he wasn't too surprised to find out there was a leader, or mother, in charge of them. Hopefully, she and her little spiders creatures would be able to move most of the debris before they made it back toting all their supplies.

The lawman's words seemed to have motivated everyone and Ez was glad to see there was significant progress being made. Matches had already told everyone about the sand the two of them had encountered behind every door, so there had been only the slightest bit of resistance against the plan. She wasn't too fond of having to deal with the mechanical beings, but the alternative was worse. As she got the last of her personal things loaded onto her horse, she took the reins and moved him to the front of the line, waiting for Jackal to join her in leading their people below. Already she could tell the difference in the air quality, a feeling of heaviness in her chest. With slow movements they should be able to avoid any complications from the reduced oxygen.

Ezra worried her lower lip as she waited. It was going to be difficult to get everyone and their animals through the halls safely. Who knew what the tunnels below the large installation would be like. ...and after they reached the surface? It was on to Endver. Once again, she tried to push that thought out of her head. It was going to be fine. A lot of years had passed and things there would be like every other town. Run down. A criminal presence. Petty. ...but with a populace that she would remember...and that may remember her. No worries. She would get along without any issues...she was sure of it.

She continued her chewing, her lip starting to bleed with the assault against it. An image pushed itself to the front of her memory...an older man dressed in the style of a priest, his dark collar tight against his neck, the white shirt below impeccably clean. "Oh fuck," she thought, "...why Endver?"

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast