Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: [M/IC] War of the Hidden (Numbers and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali proved rather compliant with her friend's seemingly random wanderings, visiting all the stalls she picked out without any sort of complaint or objection. The idea of going shopping with a friend amongst the humans was something she hadn't experienced before, and the Tehnu spy found it novel and amusing both.

When the two of them finally arrived, Shivali quickly seated herself next to her companion. She took the proffered menu rather quickly, but spent a few quick moments taking in their surroundings.This pancake place's reputation was something of a wonder, and the fact that they were serving solely pancakes at this time of night and still doing good business spoke volumes about the quality of their food. The spy in her quickly assessed her surroundings for potential threats and possible escape routes, but in moments she turned her own attention to the menu in hand. When Christina spoke, she glanced over the top of her menu at her companion, a small smile turning up the corners of her mouth.

"Get whatever you like. Just try and limit yourself to one or two dishes at a time, please. We'll have plenty of opportunity to come back here later and try another, and my coin purse isn't quite bottomless" she offered rather idly, amusement dancing behind her eyes.

Nowhere near as over-energetic and indecisive as her companion, Shivali decided on her own dish just a few moments later. When their waitress returned, she looked up at the girl idly for a moment, before finally speaking.

"I'll try the spinach and cheese crepes" she offered rather simply. It was a simple choice, rather plain and straightforward. However, it suited Shivali's personal tastes, and she thought that how well the place made such a simple and standard dish would prove a better judge of quality than any sort of outrageous special.

Her decision made, both the Tehnu woman and the waitress would glance over at Christina, watching her expectantly.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

While her companion was ordering food she was looking around at the people who were eating as well as the people wandering around in the streets despite it being so late still. When she realized that they were waiting on her she grabbed the menu and gave a quick look again through it. "I'll take the triple stacker very berry pancake platter with extra sauce. To drink I'll simply take a large glass of milk to go on the side!" She answered before handing over the menu to the waitress. She then looked over to her companion to talk.

"Thank you for this! I have been wanting to eat here ever since I started to hear stories on the outside world. I only wish that I was able to visit and explore the world under better conditions than the ones that were laid before me. Sometimes, I can't help but wonder what life would be without the weapon that I was given. A gift to bring everyone together, or a curse that could consume everything. I actually can't wait to gain more control, so that I can delve deeper into the memories they hold, in order to find out how these were created in the first place, and what their true purpose was.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali quickly set about folding up her own menu while her companion ordered, handing it over to the waitress in a timely fashion. She turned her attention back to Christina as she spoke, promptly placing her hands down on the table between them with the fingers laced. The Nekorian's words had her glancing around at the nearby tables, trying to check if there was anyone else within earshot. Most people would dismiss her words as being not their business, but it would only take one accidental slip in the presence of someone more knowledgeable to put the army back on their trail. Once she was certain that nobody had subtly reacted to the strange comment did she turn her attention back to her companion good and proper.

Privately, Shivali admitted to herself that she was likely just being paranoid. Paranoia was how people in a profession like hers stayed alive, however. Better safe than sorry, as the saying went.

"Given how long you've been together, I'm somewhat surprised that they still keep some things secret from you" she remarked almost idly, though her mind continued to work through the possibilities. "They clearly weren't made for normal people, given such a time scale. I suppose that much should already be obvious, though, considering their nature" the Tehnu woman quickly amended, a wry smile flickering across her features.

Perhaps I could touch one with my soulcaster, given the opportunity. Try and speak to them myself she mused to herself for a moment. It was a dangerous thought, and likely a task that would be impossible to manage discreetly - the bodies would likely alert the Nekorian the moment she tried anything.

"I wonder if the knowledge they contain is revealed purely based on time, or if there is some other trigger. Perhaps its not simply a matter of waiting, but providing yourself worthy of such knowledge. An action that would serve as a proverbial key to the lock"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Yes, well, I do know roughly how to have them share more with me. The problem is that it can become quite dangerous. The sort of stuff that requires us to be alone where there isn't anyone who could die accidentally." She stopped talking for a moment when the food quickly came over to them and she looked extremely happy at the sight of it.

When the waitress left Christina went back to talking again. "Anyways, essentially, from the memories I have already unlocked, it's roughly based on my mutual connection to them. The stronger and better I get at using them, the more memories I can see through them." She started to eat some of the food and have some of her drink before speaking again. "You are right though. They're an intelligent weapon you could say that was created to be wielded by us. Our ancient ancestors created them and each time the user of the weapon dies, the weapon is passed down to the next in line. Usually the daughter, never the son. I do not know why that is the case though. Maybe they will tell me more when I get stronger. I am assuming they keep the memories locked in order to hide their power. After all, say they can destroy a city with one attack. I wouldn't be able to use the attack if I don't know what it is, but if they give me access to memories that have the knowledge, I could use the attack before I was strong enough to survive it." She went back to eating with a smile, shoveling a bunch of it into her mouth.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"I'm not quite sure how I feel about that idea" Shivali remarked drily, her expression anything but amused as her mind processed the implications of this newest revelation.

The idea of Christina having access to such a powerful ability was both enticing and terrifying all at once, all things considered. The mere threat of such destructive potential would likely be enough to cow even the girl's father, possibly fulfilling their goal of placing her at the head of Nekorian society in one fell swoop. Such strength, however, could easily be turned against the rest of the Tehnu people. Shivali didn't much like the idea of placing her people's fate at risk, with the deciding factor being the whims of a Nekorian who she was yet to trust completely. Especially one who had already displayed more than a few violent tendencies.

Even beyond that, the morality of using such a power - against anyone - remained. How best to phrase her concerns to Christina, though?

"Frankly, I don't think anyone should have a weapon quite that powerful Nekorian or otherwise. And your explanation seems to suggest that I'd be actively risking myself to help you obtain it" she offered, even as she picked up her cutlery and began eating. The food was, of course, exquisite, and Shivali allowed herself a few lingering moments to relax and enjoy it.

"Mm...this place's reputation is well deserved, clearly" she offered almost idly; a momentary distraction from the topic at hand.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Now she felt like a debate was coming. That or her companion didn't understand the essential need for her power. "I can understand where you're coming from. After all, the power of a weapon can be both dangerous to the one who uses it and the one who it will be used against. This is a weapon that is very much needed to defeat my father. What you've seen so far is strong, but has its own weaknesses. Gather enough weapons that cater to the weakness and I will die, and the weapon will be reclaimed." She then smiled at her companion before eating the rest of the food and leaning back and sipping on her drink some more.

"Do not worry though, your people would be safe from my weapon. After all, you're helping me are you not? There is no reason to use my weapon on you and your people. Only those who are my enemies will feel the wrath of the many different weapons." She said with a smile at her again before looking around at the different people around them. "Yes, thank you for bringing me here. It was very delicious." She said turning her attention back to her companion. She was curious about the military strength of her companions people. "So tell me more about the soul weapons you and your people use. I've never seen one in action and only heard rumors about them from soldiers. I am curious to know more about them."
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali's expression darkened quickly as Christina immediately tried to convince her that such a thing was necessary, using the exact same lines of logic that the Tehnu woman had already dismissed in her mind as being totally insubstantial as evidence to the contrary. Not only that, but the way she tried to dismiss the entire subject by changing the topic to something else was more than a little annoying. However, against her better judgement, the Tehnu woman decided to let the topic drop. If her assumptions were correct, and Chirstina's choice of words had been deliberate, then she needed Shivali's help to achieve her full power. That meant she would need to be convinced sooner or later, and would give her another chance to question Christina's logic when the time came.

She instead turned her attention to the topic at hand, spending a few moments trying to articulate her thoughts. How best to describe soulblades? Their understanding of the things was great, after centuries of use. Gaps in their knowledge remained, however, lost when their former civilisation fell from the heights of their power. Information that could never be recovered, and left very real and legitimate questions unanswered.

“Most of our kind learn to forge their own blade when they are very young. Through a period of intense training and meditation, we tear off a part of our souls and learn to manifest it in physical form. The soulblade as you know it are the final result of this process” the Tehnu woman finally started. Leaning back into her chair, she leveled her gaze at Christina calmly. “Once forged, the bearer of a soulblade can summon and dismiss it at will. They will also disappear if dropped or thrown, unless the bearer specifically commands it to stay“

“The blades themselves are made of a substance unlike anything that we’ve ever seen occur naturally. They are totally resistant to heat, and thus can’t be melted down and recast like most natural metals. In fact, the blades never any sign of wear. They are impossible to bend, chip, or scratch, and never show any signs of rusting or growing dull, even with zero maintenance.”

There was much more Shivali could say about them, considering that she hadn’t even touched upon the unnatural way in which they cut and killed. The Tehnu didn’t want to drone on for too long, however, so she paused here briefly to finish what little remained of her meal.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Christina was very interested in the information that she was given about the weapons that were called soul blades. "That's all very interesting. You'll have to show me sometime, I would love to experiment with the weapon and see how it holds up against my bodies. Who knows, maybe they could even gather more information on it, or identify more information on it that they may have stored away due to their age. They probably don't have more information but who knows, certainly worth the try." She said with a smile as she made sure that all of her food and drink was gone, being careful not to forget any of it.

Christina couldn't help but think more on her current situation though. Deep in her own territory, but being an outcast, a target, the hunted. Now she had two other people with her, who would be killed without a second thought just because they were traveling with her. Not to mention her bodies, if she lost control, they could very well die just because they were next to her. "I know this should be obvious but you'll have to excuse me for checking. You know you don't have to travel with me right? I just want to make sure because traveling with me is very dangerous. I am a live weapon, a bomb essentially waiting to go off. If I lose control, not only will those close to me die, but anyone around me will die. Say right now. If I lost control, there is a very high chance you, my friend, and this entire city would be destroyed before the night was over. Not to mention that traveling with me makes you a target to my people, who will try to kill you without a second thought given to whether you're innocent or not, all in the name of recovering their innocent princess who has lost her way in this dark, dangerous, corrupt world. I wouldn't judge you if you wanted to tread safer waters."
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali was a little surprised when her explanation as to the unique properties of her people’s soulblades was cut short, and before she had even gotten to the most interesting and important part. She quickly squashed the urge to continue, however. The Tehnu was in no rush to give up all of her people’s secrets to a Nekorian - even one seemingly as agreeable as Christina. The idea she posed was an interesting one, however. Shivali highly doubted that her companion’s bodies would be able to reshape the blade, but any information they discovered about the metal itself could provide valuable insight.

Such an experiment would have to wait until later, of course. Their conversation quickly took a darker turn, and Shivali snorted softly, unable to help herself.

“Oh please. There’s no need to be so dramatic” Shivali responded, tone calm. Even as she spoke, the woman folded her arms across her chest, leaning back into her chair. “Travelling with a runaway princess was always going to be risky business, bodies or no, and the life of a scout is hardly an easy one to begin with. Of the hundreds of people we pass in the streets every day, you never know who might recognise you for what you really are. It only takes one to alert the guards, or to try and slip a knife between your ribs.” It was a strange sort of paradox, being burdened with the knowledge of immediate danger, but left clueless as to where and who it would come from.

“In any case, for all the destructive potential you represent, I highly doubt that you’ll suddenly lose control without any warning, especially in a situation like this. Even if you did, I dare say that I’d have a better chance of survival than anyone else in this town” she added nonchalantly, even as she went about the business of setting out the money of their meal for the server to come and collect, in addition to a generous tip.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Christina smiled at her companions answer and rubbed her eye to make sure the tear or two went away. "I am glad then. Though it should be said that I have lost control of the bodies before. That is what my friend meant before in the bedroom. He cares for me like I am his own daughter, and he has seen both what I was before the tests and what I am now after the tests. He can see that the bodies and I are going from two separate entities to more like one, making the same decisions, forming the same opinions. It scares him, which I am not surprised. After all, it means one of two things, either the weapon is becoming more human-like, or I am becoming more like a weapon, both of which are things you would normally not want." She said with a smile before getting up from where she was sitting as she figured that they would get ready to go somewhere else in the city now.

"So where should we head now my companion, my guard, my mother." She said with a sly and amused smile at the cover that on them. She was extremely full from the food and could tell that the energy she got from it would be able to help keep her bodies in control for a while. She was slightly curious as to whether her bodies would be able to work their magic on the soul blades and wanted to try that sooner over later but knew that would also require them to be somewhere private.
    made by the lovely karma

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast