Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [M/IC] War of the Hidden (Numbers and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The cool night breeze caressed Shivali's face as she and her companion both slipped from the pancake place and into the street beyond, which was looking surprisingly busy given the hour. After holding the door open for Christina, the Tehnu woman allowed it to swing closed behind them, before picking a direction at random and striking out. With nothing particular in mind to search for, Shivali simply allowed her feet to carry her where they will. The only consideration she made was to match her pace to that of Christina, whilst turning over potential possibilities in her mind. She scoffed slightly at the way Christina called her 'mother' but refrained from direct comment...well, at first.

"I'm not sure, honestly. I didn't plan much beyond getting you out of the inn" she answered frankly. Alex briefly passed through her thoughts, and the Tehnu woman found herself wondering what their human guide was doing at that exact moment. After a few seconds, however, she pushed the notion from her mind.

"I suppose most taverns and night shows are off limits, considering your appearance. Despite the realities of your age, I doubt any bouncer would let you in looking quite that young, daughter" she answered, a coy grin flickering across her features. "Is there anything else that you've always wanted to try? What did you normally do on those rare occasions where you were able to sneak away from your father and out into the wider world beyond the castle walls?"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Christina thought on a moment for an answer to her companion's question. "For the most part, I usually spent the time either going to a library and reading books to do more research on the outside world that my father didn't want me to see, or I went people watching. Observing people, seeing how they interact with each, and learning on how exactly to pretend to be like a human being in order to make sure that once I escaped, I would be able to blend into human society. It was actually originally my plan to just run away and live among the humans and live my royal life behind. However, as the experiments with my father and the weapon continued, I knew that the dream was something that would never come true. I have the power to change the world, to heal my kingdom, bring peace between our two people, and hopefully usher in a new age for my people where we don't have to hide but can live with everyone. I have been given a weapon to do that with. It would be wrong of me to live a peaceful life when my people need me. I won't abandon them so I took on a new dream. The dream of my people had to become my dream."

For now, as she talked to her companion she simply walked with her, in no apparent direction as well, as they kind of just walked following whichever path presented itself to them at the time. "My father has a strong hold on the military, an extremely well trained and deadly military. Even when I get my own army, they will not be strong enough. I will not only lead them but I'll have to be a champion for the future I want to see for my people. I'll have to get stronger, forge a stronger bond with my bodies. Thankfully that will hopefully help me unlock more of their memories and learn more about my mother."
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali gave a simple nod of approval as her companion began, speaking fondly about the realm of books. It seemed strange that would go through all the trials of escape only to end up in a library when her father’s castle likely held more books than any common reading house, but the scholar within the Tehnu woman understood all too well the allure of the written word. When the conversation took another turn towards the fate of her people, though, Shivali found herself sighing inwardly. It had been such a simple and straightforward question, and still turned to talk of greater things. A result of her father’s conditioning, perhaps? Relevant given her upbringing, at the very least.

“An unblooded army always has the disadvantage, but historically speaking, the difference is not insurmountable. Besides, conviction like yours might very well sway some of your father’s existing troops” she pointed out idly as the two continued their stroll. Her tone was casual, despite the theoretical severity of the things they discussed. After a few moments, however, she threw a pointed glance in Christina’s direction, another thought springing to mind.

“...just how much can you change your physical appearance in day to day life? You implied that you could exact a more significant change so long you had the energy to support it, yes?” She questioned, an idea blossoming in her mind. “Could you make yourself appear older, or perhaps impersonate someone else by sculpting yourself into a replica?” It was a random thought, but one that held great potential, if Christina proved capable.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

She thought on the answer as she leaned her head back with her arms behind her head. She was talking with her bodies accessing the information within them. "I can continually shift my form as long as I have the energy to do so. The more specific the change the more it costs and the more I'm changing the more it costs. For example, if I was changing my appearance to match someone up similar build as me, it would cost considerably less then changing into someone of different height, weight, and tone. I can change my voice as that is part of changing the inner workings of my body, but changing something like that is incredibly precise and energy consuming. As for changing into people, there is a way to do that is considerably easier, but I do not have access to that knowledge. It is currently locked. So for now, in order to become someone else who exists, I have to constantly observe them from a close enough distance that I can constantly consume energy to constantly change my appearance as I try to mimic their appearance. This can take time though since I am constantly changing one part a time, checking to see if it matches, and then changing again, only to repeat until it is right and I have done it all over. Changing my voice like this is easier than mimicking the entire body. I could make myself appear much older though, as older looking as I would imagine myself to look. You are right though, as long as I have a source of energy I can continually change my form. Though, eventually, it starts to require more and more energy than before. As of right now, provided a constant source of increasing energy, I can constantly change my form for about an hour total." She looked at her companion, hoping that provided a well enough answer to her question as she turned her attention back to the buildings around her. She couldn't help but wonder about her father, and how he was doing. Sure she thought he was basically a demon who only wanted death and destruction but she did still love him. Which was why she knew she would probably have to kill him, to make sure that he could rest peacefully with her mother, and that whatever was causing to be so hateful would finally end.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Bringing a hand up to scratch at her chin idly, Shivali hummed thoughtfully to herself as she digested and analysed this new information. Everything Christina told her was more or less consistent with what little knowledge she already had about the girl’s bodies, and the obvious logical conclusions she had already drawn. After a few moments passed in silent contemplation, however, she abandoned the line of thought. The Tehnu woman was already required to supply her companion with energy for their plans the following day, and was wary of sacrificing any more of her strength than was totally necessary.

“So it’s theoretically possible, but not practical. Not at the moment, at the very least” she answered idly, thinking out loud just as much as she was speaking to her companion. After a few moments Shivali would give a casual shrug, seemingly abandoning that line of thought for now.

“Such a skill could prove very useful, especially when it comes to seeking information or trying to undermine your father. There’s there’s little point in dwelling on it now, however, before it becomes a viable option” she added, almost as an afterthought. “I was hoping we could give it a test run tonight, in helping us cause some mischief or getting into places they wouldn’t otherwise allow you. It seems that’s not an option, however”

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Not without a constant source of energy." She said with a smile. "I know what we should do! We should find the highest point in the city, then we can sit on it and overlook all the ground that we can see as well as seeing the large ocean of stars above us! It will be fun!" She said with a smile as she stopped in front of her friend wanting to stop them from going anywhere else until she could hear the answer from her companion.

She doubted the highest place in the city was as high as the highest place in the capital since she was living in a castle before, but she still wanted to see everything in one go and figured the best way was to climb to the highest spot since it would allow her to see everything. Not to mention, she felt full on energy from all the food she ate and she wanted to use some of it up by climbing and doing something fun instead of just walking around and not actually going into any of the buildings.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali threw another sideways glance at her companion at her suggestion, before chuckling softly to herself. The idea, whilst a tad unconventional for people out on the hunt for night life, possessed a certain flair. The Tehnu woman wasn't particularly inclined towards heights, and nor did she fear them, but the stars were another matter. Shivali had always enjoyed gazing up at them back in the Tehnu homelands, and looking at them elsewhere often did a good job of reminding her of home. Even beyond that, tonight was meant to be about cheering Christina up. Why deny such a reasonable request?

"That sounds good to me"

Halting their pointless forward march, she turned to face the way they had come, gaze sweeping the city's skyline, seeking out the city's highest point. Given that this was only a moderately sized trading town, there was no palace to speak of, which ruled out the most obvious candidate. After a few seconds of silent observation, she turned back in the other direction, seeking out a potential target over there.

"So, will you content yourself with the biggest trade house we can find, or shall we chance the guard tower? We might run across some sort of lookout or patrol, but..." Shivali trailed off, before giving a casual shrug. Being spotted infringing on the city guard's territory might provoke a fight, especially if the alarm was raised, but the Tehnu woman and the Nekorian both were perfectly capable of looking after themselves. So far as ignorant human guards were concerned, at the very least.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Let's do a guard tower, adds more excitement since then we have to try and not be caught. Of course, even if we are caught, it's not like we can't just knock them out and throw them off the wall or hide them somewhere else where their bodies won't be found." She said with a smile before walking into a dark alley where no one would see her. As she did one more check to look around her hands and feet started to change slightly to look like the claws of some kind of reptilian beast. She then smiled at her companion before she started to climb up the wall, the claws slightly digging into the side of the building to give her leverage and the ability to climb up much easier.

When she reached the top of the roof of the building they were on, it gave her a much better way of looking around for even taller buildings with the plan to keep on climbing until she found the tallest one. When her companion caught up with her, she pointed to the next building. "We'll have to jump across a few roofs to get to that new building but it should allow us to see even father over the city." She said with a smile at her companion, waiting to hear her companions thoughts.
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"Indeed"

Giving her companion a wry smile, Shivali would follow her into the alleyway that Christina had picked, seemingly at random. She watched the Nekorian's hands transform with thinly veiled interest, eyeing those wicked looking claws as they formed, before turning her attention to the task at hand.

Unlike her companion, Shivali didn't have the option of using her abilities to gain herself additional purchase. Her soulblade would go right through the wall if she tried to use it as a climbing pick, and was much too big to efficiently cut handholds once they were off the ground. Her other ability could have done the trick, theoretically, but that wasn't a skill to be used on something so frivolous. So, that left her with more traditional methods.

Taking a few casual steps towards the nearest stone wall, Shivali reached out and checked for handholds. Once she had identified a few worn edges and gaps in the stonework that would serve, she began her task. Despite her lack of supernatural aids, Shivali was confident in her ability, and quickly began to scale the wall. Displaying both strength and dexterity any regular human would envy, she scrambled up over the gutter and onto the rooftop beyond. After a few spare moments spent gazing out at the vista spread before her, admiring the small slice of the city that was already visible, before directing her gaze back towards Christina.

"Not a bad view already, eh? At least we don't have to worry about the humans spotting us, between the darkness and their worrying tendency to never look up" she started simply, before shifting her gaze across towards the guard tower. "In any case, it should only be a few jumps to the wall. Nothing for the likes of us"

With that she was off again, moving towards the closest building between them and their destination. Shivali picked up a little speed in the short distance before the gap, and then leapt across the gap as nimbly as a cat. She bent her knees to help absorb the jolt when she landed, and didn't so much as break stride before moving on to the next one. Clearly, she trusted Christina to keep up.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

She quickly followed behind her companion, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Every step she took left decay in the spots that she was at as the bodies consumed energy wherever they could in order to minimize the amount of energy they consumed from their host. She quickly followed her companion until they got to the wall and she started to climb up the side almost like a spider with only her two arms and two legs. When she got near the top of the wall, she waited for a moment to let the guards on the wall walk across before the moment was clear enough for her to continuing climbing before she was finally on the rooftop of the guard tower.

She looked out over the area outside of the wall that she could see. It was looking in the direction that they had entered the city from and the forest could be seen. Not only could the forest be seen but between the forest and the city where hundreds and hundreds of campfires from all the people who were trying to get in the city but were being forced to stay outside due to the fact that the gates had closed because of the day becoming late. It was really quite beautiful to her, and she almost couldn't wait to get back out into nature and go back to camping with her companions.

She looked over at Shivali as she made herself up onto the rooftop of the tower and Christina smiled at her. "See! I told you it would be pretty. Of course, it would be even better looking if we could get even higher up, but it looks like this may be one of the highest spots in the city." She said with a smile.
    made by the lovely karma

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast