Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: [M/IC] War of the Hidden (Numbers and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Keeping pace along the rooftops proved easy, and Shivali maintained her lead until the two of them reached the buildings closest to the city walls. Transitioning back to vertical movement proved to be a little more of a problem, however. Whilst climbing was no issue for someone of her raw physical ability, Shivali had to rely on searching for handholds using more traditional methods than her companion. She waited behind Christina for the guard patrol to pass, before continuing up after her. When she finally pulled herself up onto the roof of the guard's tower, it was only a few seconds after Christina had completed her own ascent.

Not even winded by the strain of their climb, she immediately took a few steps towards the opposite side of the roof. Standing in the precipice, she spent a few moments gazing at the vista laid out before the two of them. When Christina spoke, the Tehnu woman threw a subtle glance her way, a small smile turning up the corners of her mouth.

"There's no denying it. This was a good choice, I think, all things considered" she offered, before relapsing into silence. She'd spend the next few minutes eyeing the scenery in serene bliss, quite content to relax and take in the view. When Shivali did finally speak up again, her voice was soft - barely more than a whisper.

"It...almost reminds me of home. Looking out over the landscape and up at the stars from the cliffs surrounding the Tehnu homeland" Shivali offered, almost sounding wistful. After a few moments, she turned her attention back towards her companion good and proper. "Did you ever do this back at home? When you were staying in your father's castle, I mean. I can only imagine what the view was like from up there"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"I did but it was different..." She thought back on the times she would do it from her tower in the castle. "It is so high up that looking out over everything, it all tends to just blend together. All the light is far below and blends together so it doesn't look like points of light but more like a sea. You can see so far away as well that by the time the sun starts to peak over the horizon you can quickly make your way down the bottom of the tower and see the rise of the sun again after a few moments." She said thinking back on the capital of the kingdom.

It was peaceful moments that she adored since it made everything seem calmer to her. Like the worries of leading the kingdom out of a dark age and into a golden age were something that she didn't have to be responsible for. "What about you? Was there ever anything like this you did at home. Just things or activities you would do to get away from the world so that you can just sort of let your mind tune out and rest from everything you need to do."
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"What, you mean besides walking along the cliffs and gazing at the stars?"

Feeling no desire to leave now that the two of them were here, Shivali quickly moved to make herself comfortable. Showing little care for the state of her clothing, the Tehnu woman lowered herself down to sit between two of the stone parapets that ringed the guard tower's roof. Showing little care for the heights, Shivali dangled her legs over the edge in a rather carefree manner. There was no hint of fear on her face as she chanced a look directly down, at the streets below. The angle provided a rather interesting perspective, but after a few moments she would turn her attention skyward again. She didn't bother to so much as glance in Christina's direction this time, simply trusting her to listen.

"Nothing quite as adventurous as this. No, there was always enough excitement and action during our combat training. It was meditation and forms practice, mostly. The sort of things that you could do alone, in your free time, but still helped you improve" she answered simply, eyes growing foggy as her thoughts drifted to some far-off place within the realms of memory. "Half the time you could just lose yourself in the motions. Enter this trance where you just moved without thinking. All your worries and concerns would just fade away, replaced with the feeling of your body moving. The air rushing in and out of your lungs. The sweat clinging to your skin. Your muscles stretching and burning in just the right way to let you know that you were making progress" she answered.

"Truthfully, that's what I'm trying to replicate half the time I end up practising the forms, as you saw me do the other night. Sometimes the chance to clear your mind and compose oneself feels more beneficial than the practice itself"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Christina listened to what it was that Shivali was talking about, the different form of activity that she did in order to help calm herself and clear her mind. It sounded like the different forms were a good way to not only strengthen one's body but also one's mind. She wondered if it would be a good way to help train her body and mind in order to gain more control over the weapon that resided inside of her. Based on earlier though she felt like if she mentioned being trained in the different forms in order to get stronger, she might get denied.

"That does sound peaceful. Would you be willing to teach me these forms? They sound like an excellent way to stay calm and feel refreshed and peaceful despite what is going on in the world around you. Not to mention giving one time to think while allowing their body to stretch and relax sounds amazing as well. More so since stuff like this, climbing to high places and looking over the beauty that is in this world, that isn't something that I am going to be able to do every night light tonight. I'll only be able to really do it in cities or certain other areas out in the world. Less so if for some reason we have to move even more quickly than normal like if we're being chased and hunted again without the protection of our new identities."
    made by the lovely karma

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Shivali was silent as she pondered the implications of her companion's newest question. She didn't so much as glance at her friend, instead continuing to gaze at the scenery laid out before them. When she did speak, her voice was quiet. Almost soft.

"I'm not sure you know what you are asking" she finally answered, after several moments. As far as she knew, no outsider had ever mastered the Tehnu's combat forms before, or so much as been offered the chance to study them. She could see the benefits, too. Perhaps learning them would offer Christina the same focus and discipline that it had imbued in hundreds of Tehnu warriors, and that may even help her in bonding with her bodies. That said, there was plenty of risk in doing so. Teaching Christina would give her an insight into the Tehnu people's fighting style, which could potentially prove disastrous if they were to have a falling out.

"Even if I did agree, it wouldn't be an easy task. Mentors have been known to find two dozen mistakes in the first movement alone in new students, and those are Tehnu children, with nimble agility, energy, and grace far beyond that of regular humans" she offered. "Most dedicate months to the task, and they have the luxury of staying at home and focusing on their practice. A luxury that the world will not likely extend to us."

"It is not an easy task. There would be no 'taking it easy' on you, either. It is not something done in half measures, and I would require as much from you as any Tehnu student"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011