Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M/OOC] This Beautiful Land of Ours (Holeypaladin x Adora Bell)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M/OOC] This Beautiful Land of Ours (Holeypaladin x Adora Bell)

This Beautiful Land of Ours

Welcome the the Land of Beauty. Where the fairy dwell buildings, streets, even the citizens themselves sparkle like gems and seem as delicate as spun sugar. Even their mines are intricately carved and decorated. You may ask why, for a people whose maximum size is 5’ tall, their avenues and many public (and sometimes private) residences are made to be so large. Then a shadow passes over you, and in a skittering or claws, and a rush of wind a large Metallic Dragon lands in front of you.

Dragons have ever been drawn to treasure, and the Fairy have always loved to create it. It’s no wonder then that over time these two races have become synonymous. The dragons now view their fairy neighbours as the treasure and protect their lands against those who would plunder it. In their peace, the Fairy are free to pursue beauty in any and all forms they can.

But nothing is ever perfect. And this idyll is no exception. For every Metallic Dragon living amongst the fairy there are 10 Chromatic Dragons who would have all the Fairy make for themselves- with or without the Fairy. Against such force the Fairy and Dragon have had to ask for aid and allies, which many races have given, if sometimes for nothing more than keeping the Chromatic Dragons from turning greedy eyes to their own kingdoms. No race has given so much as the humans, with many of their dedicated knights gaining the favour of the Dragons and having a precious Soul bestowed to them. The Dragon Knights then are honoured as dragon kin, and valiantly dedicate their lives alongside their adopted brethren. So it has been, in stalemate, for over a century.

But even stalemates must end in the favour of one side or another. And in this case it was in favour of the Chrome. A royal visit to assess the damage of a broken fort resulted in its complete distraction, the death of many Dragons and Knights alike... and the death of the Fairy King. Now the Chrome Dragons are bolder than ever, the kingdom is in turmoil, and the Crown Princess is missing. What’s next for this land? Will it rise like a Phoenix from its ashes, stronger and more beautiful than ever? Or will it crumble, shattering into a million pieces to be claimed by the victors, and brave plunderers? Only time can tell.

Spoiler: Your Crown Princess 

Set by the lovely Naraness

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Spoiler: Dragon Knight-Champion 

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*claps hands happily* Yay! Sventar seems like a badass already!

I guess we need to decide where to start? Are we just going to start when she arrives at....? Fort something-or-other? Does Sven know she’s the princess, or is she just some random Fairy to him?

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I suppose it's as good a place to start as any... is there any reason he should have met her already? I suppose whether or not he recognizes her depends largely what sort of first impression she makes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I guess maybe he would have visited the capital at some point and seen her from afar. Or even in passing at the castle if he’s close with the Royal Dragons, which one would think the Royal Fairies would also be close with?

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ah yes, I suppose that's true. So there's a chance they might recognize each other somewhat... at which point she'd need to get him to keep her true identity a secret, somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She would be trying to not look like herself though. So he could wonder, and put it down to all fairies are x y and z, at least at first. Then schenanigans when he finds out into having to keep her secret while also pursuading her to stop it?

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Hmmm I dunno.... will have to see! It all depends how things work out, I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose. Do you want to name the Fort? Otherwise I can work on a starter post with her arrival at said fort.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I suppose Creolnali is as good a name as anything for the fort. Or maybe Creolnali usv Lyrik.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast