Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M/OOC] This Beautiful Land of Ours (Holeypaladin x Adora Bell)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So. Currently at work I alone am a team of 5 people. But I am working on a post now that Christmas etc is over. Also Happy New Year!

Set by the lovely Naraness

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Doing the work of five people by yourself, huh? That's pretty impressive! Happy new year to you too, glad to see you back!

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep thinking I’ve found five minutes to jot down some writing too...but then I remember something else hat needs doing. I think I have sentence so far. It’s all in my head though! But yeah, people on holiday plus some people quit right before Christmas and the new hires don’t start for another couple weeks *sigh* wish I was getting paid to be five people haha =P

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Well you ended up getting up a good reply eventually! But yeah, if only everyone were paid what they were worth... but such goes against human nature. Perhaps fairies would be better at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it

Indeed so. But who decides what anything is worth? I was thinking for fairies that there would be more barter internally between fairies than actual money- that would be the realm of traders and the royals who Trade iutside the lands.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Well, any economy is based on scarcity. The more rare and desired a resource is, the more valuable. An internal barter system is still based on supply and demand, after all. Humans use coins because it simplifies the system, but that doesn't mean the fairies would... they might value the precious metals more for decorative value rather than "wasting" them by making coins out of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They also change size a lot so carrying cash would be difficult because that would have to change size with them. Tailoring could be spelled to do so but in a society that values artisan craftsmanship it seems more apt to trade wares or services for other wares and services rather than besepelling absolutely everything to change size with them.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yeah, that's true as well. Coins are easily portable in large form, but too heavy to pick up in tiny form. So the barter system or perhaps even "Service for service" type system makes a lot more sense. Most fairy mythology says they're bound by their word, so once they make a verbal agreement they have to keep it... but they're also quite tricky as well, hence the whole "never make a bargain with a fairy" proverb among the humans. At least, if we're going by some of the more traditional fairy lore. We can be creative with it as well, of course!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12