Thread: Lakes - {M - OOC} [REBOOT]

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Lakes - {M - OOC} [REBOOT]

Lakes

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Definite Violence, Definite Language, Definite Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes

" And down to the lake where the last we go,

I was not laid, with those down below,

Oh they will wait, the fall and the row, with the trap show, failing from,

Presence from upon,

Harrow winds that falls upon the highs and low "

We exist on a world named Tokė

On the day Tokė began to turn, at the hour of the moons set, and the suns rise, the duo beheld the then silent grace of the world together, and were both instantly smitten. A love bloomed for the world, and for each other. The Moon wept, for it was so truly happy. Such heavy tears were they, all filled with unimaginable joy. These tears fell down onto Tokė, and formed the Lake of gold.

It was known that, if you drank from the gold, you would be healed of any and all disease and for a added bonus, you'd live forever.

Now this is all well and good, but the thing is the Sun, as we all (hopefully) know, will indeed rise. The night ends and a new day begins. The Sun was heartbroken. It wept and wept, and the rivers of its tears formed the Sea of Sorrow, which spans from the southern most shore's of our lands to the beyonds of our unknowing.

In contrast to its counterpart, The Sea of Sorrows holds its own particular properties. Take a sip from the seas, and you'll know nothing but pure and unending misery until the day you die. At least that's what most elderly wives and shamans and the like claim anyway. Then drink too much from it, and you'll just straight up die.

Now everyone that has a basic understanding of geography in Tokė is aware of the Sea of Sorrows location. But no-one, and I mean no-one, actually knows where the Lake of Gold is.

Now all that time ago, in the days where most was new, the Burra cultivated and built their lives around the Lake of Gold. People lived for millennia, and entire generations grew to know the secrets of their ancestors in the flesh. But as Tokė evolved over time, so did we. The (now) known five races of our world began to reach out for the Burra, like mere grabby infants. We sought what we were far too young to understand.

Gold to a soul who has lived long enough to appreciate it's value, is a precious gift that can be honoured and used accordingly.

But what worth does Gold really have to a child?

So the Burra retreated from the sight and minds of the known five races of Tokė.

W A N T E D

AnY And ALL WhO ARe WILLIng TO RISk LIFe AND LImB (AmPUTeeS ALSO WeLCOme), TO TAKe PART In A eXPeDITIOn TO FInD THe LAke OF GOLD.

EnqUeeR AT THE TURF AnD FeATHeR AnD ASk FOR

(The name Rennie is rather scruffily scribbled out here)

ROnnIe

aND aLSO AnDY

(The poster is illustrated at the bottom with a rough doodle of a helmet and a sword)

A little on the Plot

(and whatnot)

So has that joke got old yet?

So the established world this RP will take place in is called Tokė.

It's a World consisting of five known lands, and five acknowledged races (But I'm open to creativity so If you've an idea for a new race just let me know).

The basic story idea for this RP is simple, yet solid. Our characters will meet up, and agree to go on a journey with the intent of finding the fabled Lake of Gold.

They'll come across plenty of interesting trials and tribulations along the way, while all the time they're getting to know themselves and each others much better. Not wishing to spoil to much though, I do have ideas and intentions for whats going to happen when they reach their goal. So reaching the lake is by no means a endgame.

But it's an RP that's equal part story, as well as character development.

As I said, it's a relatively basic setup, but it's concrete.

Tokė,

as we currently know it.

Spoiler: Terren 

Spoiler: Moshuar 

Spoiler: Rėrė 

Spoiler: Kodėr 

Spoiler: Veri 

The Eight Known Races of Tokė

Spoiler: The Five known Races 

Ideals

Now, the fact that I've put ideals down here instead as well as rules may sound initially confusing, so allow me to explain.

I created this RP because I was hunkering for a good old fashioned fantasy adventure that I could plop a character into a have a fun RP experience with others. So you know, the usual sort of thing.

However,

In the world of Tokė as I have created it, some social norms need to be explained and established. These ideals need to be kept in mind at all times throughout the IC (and I hope the OOC) of the RP to maintain a accurate representation of Tokė and its customs.

These ideals are as such.

I want Lakes to be as much of a Team-led RP as possible. I've created and established the outlines of this world, but it's on all of us to build upon it.
    You may have noticed some of the information on the places and races (Ha, a rhyme!) is a little on the bare side every now and then. This is because I'd like for every member than joins the RP to build upon everything that's bee pre-established. So if you've an idea for a race, or a place (I did it again!) Let me know either here on the OOC or in a PM

Conventional Stereotypes of the typical Fantasy genre will be barred at the door.
    Okay, that's a little extreme. What I mean is that I'd like it if we could just take a few steps away from what we usually see of the fantasy genre when its depicted in mainstream media. So, for example, make your brutish juggernaut of an Orc a sweet guy who likes cooking and cats or something. Make your bearded chubby lil dwarf absolutely terrified of going underground or something, all good stuff like that.
    It doesn't have to be as literal as I initially presented it, but with this Ideal, I just want Lakes to remain as original and fresh as possible

I might add a few more of these as we go along, but I'll let you know if I do

Actual Rules now

Gotta have'em I'm afraid.

1) No godmodding straight into the IC please. If you've got an idea just run it by me first so we can check it fits in ok and everything

2) I don't have a particular posting requirement, as I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get posts in to an adequate length and quality. But if you wouldn't mind writing up a paragraph every two days or so that'd be just swell

3) Try and make your characters unique in some way or form and different from others you see within the RP. It'd be pretty dull if we just had a bunch of Gary and Mary Sues. But then if there's something you're unsure of, just PM me and we'll see what we can do

4) I understand things I've said may be confusing or unclear so I cannot stress enough that I'm more than happy to discuss and answer anything you wanna say to me. Seriously, if anything, I'm eagerly waiting for discussion, I am just that sad.

5) I've written quite a bit so far and in my opinion it's all stuff that needs to be read to understand where I'm going here. So just to check you're still with me, tell me a bad jokes about bees at the bottom of your character sheet please

6) Have fun... OR ELSE

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

And now to finish it all off

A handy Keywords lift to copy and paste from if you need to

(because good god some of these words have specific punctuation)
    Spoiler: Keywords, Places, Names, Etc. 

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Aleida Siblings
    Ronnie and Andy

" ... A red headed child ensures a brat..."

Name: Andy Aleida

Age: 19, But don't let her age or appalling case of baby face fool you.

Gender or preferred Pronoun: Female, and whatever boats your float.

Race: Pure Duende through and through.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Here comes Andy Pandy 

Name: Ronnie Aleida

Gender or preferred Pronoun: Male, and he really doesn't care what you call him.

Race: Duende

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Ronnie, not Reggie. 

Sci-Fi, Dystopia, Fantasy, Adventure, Apocalyptic, Steampunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do people live in Dush? If not, I want to create something there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The do indeedy, if it's something kinda specific, send it my way in a PM first pls just so i can make sure it works and what have you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: Ana Akh'nuratu 
    Last edited by 커비; 12-18-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Vixen of the Heart
    Where reality clashes with the dream world
    Fantasy, though a really good plot goes a long way with team work. But fantasy still rules it all :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**Ignore double post, internet went out and screwy**
    Last edited by Setsa; 12-18-2017 at 04:39 AM.

Vixen of the Heart
    Fantasy, though a really good plot goes a long way with team work. But fantasy still rules it all :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Helkaa Solveig
    Race: Mixed (Human and Duendes)
    Homeland: Kodėr (Nomadic Clan)

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Helka 

Personality: Strength, protection, and determination. Such are three of many words that the woman is known for. Strength of the heart, mind, and body has gotten her through many rough situations. Protecting her clan and their way of life. Helkaa is one not to just turn the other cheek if someone lays an insult to her people... No, she will be sure each word is taken back in one blow. Her determination? Well, that is seen in what she does. Stubborn to never give up she will fight to the end, no matter the challenge or how much blood she must spill and work from sun up to in down. Those that have earned her friendship should be considered blessed by the by gods. For few are as loyal as her.

List of Skills:
    Advanced Horse Riding
    Intimidation
    Tracking & Hunting

Weapons:
    Scimitar: The hilt of the sword bears her clan's crest. Carried against her right hip.
    Twin Daggers: Sometimes a woman just needs to get closer to have a little fun. Sharp blades makes it ideal for fighting or skinning. Carried on her left hip.
    Bow and Quiver of Arrows : Good for hunting and silent attacks, even better when hiding up in a tree on guard duty.

Armor/Clothing:
    Clothing: Clothing is as seen in appearance image.
    Armor: Studded Leather

Bio: Helkaa's father was a well known barbarian. Mother, a good woman with a sharp tongue. Her parents died during an attack on their village years ago as she was returning with a hunting party. The fires rising from the building...the screams of pain echoing out to the waters in painful songs. Such led her to become a skilled woman that has honored her family well. When her nomadic race began to find other lands to settle; where game was more plentiful and the land good to work in. Helkaa was in one of the first to arrive and clear the way for those soon to come.

No where was a home for her because everywhere is home, and the only thing that greets her with open arms is the way of weapon, blood, and honor. Let the glory of battle, and the thirst for survival conquer all!

Writing Sample:
    "Helkaa! Where 'ave you been? You made ur tent then.." The leader of their small group paused in mid sentence that was directed to the woman. As the sight of her approaching the fire answered his question. Draped over her shoulders was a doe, head moving limp to the woman's gait with the glazed sight of death in the deer's eyes. Feet from the blazing warmth that most were circled around; Helkaa hefted the kill over her shoulders and onto the ground with a distinct thud. "Ah a woman after me own heart! Knows what I wanted for dinner before I even got me own boots off!" One of the large men would remark with a laugh hearty enough to move his shoulders as he held his stomach.

Others joining in laughter, while Helkaa would walk with purpose to stand behind the man. Leaning over as hands would cup his shoulders. Pressing down with enough strength to move his attention from his humor back to the woman. "So if I bring you dinner like a good little woman you'll share your warmth and.." she would lean over so her lips neared his cheek "your mead Arik? " A wolfish grin would form on his lips as the man set his horn of mead down against the log he was sitting on. "Oh aye that I would especially with the warmth..." Hearing such, her own eyes would meet with the groups with a look a few knew well. "Alright," standing to take a step back Helkaa would wait for the man to begin to stand.

Instead of walking towards his tent, she would remain still, having chosen to kick him hard in the ass by surprise. Using the mans unsteady stance to propel him forward to fall face first onto the deer she brought back. As the man Arik rolled off the carcass after a moment. She would already be sitting on his log with his own horn mead in her grasp. The camp laughing loudly as she made him eat his words. "Mount back on the kill an' feel free to keep her warm. I'll take the later of the deal for the night to suit my needs." A grin on her face she'd raise the man's horn into the air in cheers before gulping the drink within. Wiping her mouth and chin by the sleeve of her forearm.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I like Ana, although she is just a little young maybe??? Idk.
    It's not a biggy though, she's accepted

Helkaa is also accepted, she seems like a fun kinda gal

Vixen of the Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hooray! Yea Helkaa is going to be all sorts of fun. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would 18 be better? Probably right? LOL

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast