Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~ Spider Webs; Weaving of the Web; IC thread

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy human/humanoid. I don't do animal rp's.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default ~ Spider Webs; Weaving of the Web; IC thread

OOC thread- Still open and accepting if you wish to join!

Ayumi Kurenai-17-female-human-tagged;none

A gentle breeze swept through the town, as it had all week, but alas, today the wind had decided to bring rain with it. Why , why today of all days though? Yesterday was a perfectly fine day to rain.
    Today was her only day to forage for food, and [i] they[i] seemed to enjoy the rain. It wasn't that the light of the sun was a nuisance to them, it was most definetly not as she had found out at a young age, but they seemed to prefer the darkness for whatever reason. So maybe they were referred to as 'creatures of the night' for a reason. She couldn't complain too much though- the job she now had, though it was just as time consuming as her last job, was much better than her old one. Both were time consuming and had their pros and cons. Pro's of her new one was tha she wouldn't see horrific scenes...most of the time. Back at her old job it seemed whenever she succeded in her task, the outcome wasn't pleasant. It wasn't always visually horrific, sometimes it was just the knowing of what was going to happen to poor soul who had trusted her...and she had decieved them. They didn't always die, but it still made her feel like an asset to the horrific behaviors of the vampires. Those scenes would haunt her both night and day, for as long as her existence on the earth would last. cons of the new job included the fact she was no longer safe. Not that she was entirely safe before, but she was safer. They know she has been released from service, so they know she's fair game now. The marks were scars now- that was how they could tell. Every month in the past they would renew the marks, to show she was still in their service. But now they were scars. She was unprotected. She at least still had her house, and she didn't need to see those horrific scenes anymore. ....

When the rain had finally begun to annoy her, she had decided to take shelter underneath the ledge of a worn-down-building's roof. If would work for now.Hopefully the rain would let up so she could have some more time to forage. At the moment she had only found enough to get her through a few days , and that was if she ate it sparingly. There was no way what she had found would last her the entirety of another week though. Letting out a sigh of defeat, she allowed herself to sit down and wait out the rain..if it would ever let up. Looking down at her hand, she gingerly removed one of her gloves- the one on her left hand. Looking at the scars on her palm, she sat there and stared at them, before closing her eyes with her face towards the sky. It hadn't been a mistake to accept the offer of release....but her instinct of self-preservation still questioned her decision. Wouldn't things have been easier if she had stayed, working for them? She wouldn't have to forage for food or worry about a vampire taking her blood- working as she had used to gave her a free-pass in a sense- nor would she have to worry about having her home taken from her.
    It wasn't easy. She had to hide who she used to be, to get the humans to trust her. Wouldn't things have been easier if she had stayed? Grimacing at her selfish thoughts, she opened her eyes when a noise in the distance had caught her attention. Standing up to investigate she followed the noise to the source- a vampire had captured it's prey, and not in the cleanest manner either. Leaving the sight, she felt bad for the human, but she was glad the target hadn't been her. Maybe she would come back to bury the body later, when the vampire was long gone and finished. The poor human at least deserved a funeral, even if she didn't know him. However, for now she had to leave. As long as she didn't interrupt it's feeding, the vampire wouldn't bother her....

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariadne walked rather brazenly through the streets of her city, and that's just how she saw it, her city not theirs. She'd be sure of it one day too, but for now she had to stick to doing what she could do better than most. Kill the damned beasts. Everything that went bump in the night and made the streets reek with fear. It had been too long living under them. Even at her age one couldn't remember a time without the foul corpses and half breeds lording over them. Using the weak and feeble minded to cull those who would smite them. So they took to the sewers, the one place those filthy blood suckers and their pets wouldn't venture for fear of staining their petty coats and trousers. Fools.

Tearing herself from her musings Ariadne allowed her eyes to dart toward some movement to her right. One of the blood suckers had found prey. Her hand twitched anxiously as she paused momentarily near the alley where the creature crouched over his whimpering prey. Now was not the time for such things and the poor creature was done for anyway. Grimacing she tugged her hood down a little father and continued her purposeful march along a main road. She had no fear of such a fate herself. She was efficient enough to protect herself should something happen, but also strode confidently enough most vampires wouldn't give her a second glance. They seemed to take her for someone who had protection, or at least someone who knew she would have no trouble from them. As long as it worked.

---------------------------////------------------------------

Gabriel sighed as he plopped himself lazily on to a large soft black couch and waved at a small girl who stood in the corner of the room. Casting a pale arm across his face as she approached as bid he stared at her with a sulky expression and a light pout on his lips.

"You absolutely bore me you know," he grumbled as the girl knelt by his face and quietly bared her neck to him, "no struggle. No hesitation. It's pathetic."

The girl flinched as the last word left his mouth, and she struggled to hold back what she could of the sob that escaped her lips. Gabriel's lips curled in to a cruel smile.

"There now you poor creature," he chuckled reaching out to tuck back a stray hair, "that's more like it. Show me you still care. It makes this all the sweeter."

Grabbing the back of her neck Gabriel bit in to her jugular and drank deeply until he felt her heart start to sputter and her hands grapple weakly against his. It was fun to him to leave these poor pathetic little wisps helpless and weak, watching them flounder uselessly on the floor afraid of what he or others might do. It really was a fun game. Especially when they first thought they could mean something to him.
    Last edited by AliceMalice15; 12-18-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

--Ayumi Kurenai-17-female-human-tagged;none--

Eventually she had decided to return home to wait out the rain further, but remained lost in her thoughts along the way. No... she had no regrets. It was the right decision to have left her old job. Definetly the right decision, it just simply wasn't the logical one when it came to the idea of self-preservation, that was all. Again though, she didn't regret leaving, even if it made things harder for her. She would survive....

A chilly wind blew for a moment, and she shivered, as for some reason that chilly wind reminded her of how much danger resided in the act of simply just walking around town. Nowhere was safe. One could simply sit on their front porch of wherever they lived and be in danger....

she had remained lost in her thoughts until a sound caught her attention. The noise sounded like feint crying and a muffled voice. male. Definetly a male voice. Continuing to walk past the building, she glanced in a window with it's curtains partially open. She could feintly make out a vampire- presumably male- and someone who was likely human. Poor thing. That human was probably terrified for all she knew... With a frown she decided that she should write down the adress when she returned home. She could return at a later point to retrieve the human and take them to the tunnels. Presuming they weren't a corpse by then, and that the vampire wasn't home. If the vampire lived there and didn't break in, that is. If that was the case the human would most likely be no more when she returned. None the less she would have to try. One less human for the vamps was one more advantage for the humans. Even if the attempted rescue cost her her life, she would rather go down by the hands of the vamps while trying to save someone, rather than just simply be killed. She wanted to at least try to make up for everything she had been forced to do.....

With a frown on her face she glanced in the window one last time before she began walking again, looking up at the sky. '' I hate this stupid town....'' she muttered to nobody but herself.

---Aido Nightingale-18-male-vampire-tagged;none---

Standing under a tree in the town's public park, only partially hidden from the rain, the male stood with his eyes closed and his face towards the sky. The rain felt nice on his skin, and he enjoyed listening to the rain. For whatever reason it brought a calming sense of tranquility. However, he couldn't ignore his aching stomach; it had been a week sense he last ate, and he was starving.
    Maybe he should've made that one last a while longer... it was hard to find food these day. All the humans seemed to be hiding, and the ones that weren't either already belonged to someone or they worked for the vamps, and therefore they couldn't feed upon them. '''uck.... stupid humans. Who do they think they are hiding from us? We'll just find them eventually anyways....'' he muttered, before his eyes shot open. There it was. The sweet smell of an unclaimed human. He looked around until he found the source- a male human, rather quite fit and healthy for all things considered. Yet he didn't seem to have anyone who had claimed him. Well, he prefered female blood, but the male would have to do for now. He was starving and getting rather desperate.

Quietly and swiftly he began his pursuit, trailing after his prey cautiously. The thrill of the hunt was exhilerating, even if the human wasn't running. Yet. Grinning to himself, he couldn't wait to finally have something to eat again. He had to be patient though. If he struck too soon, or at least attempted too, the prey could get away. He couldn't wait too long either or someone could steal his meal from him.
    Last edited by Owl0430; 12-18-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariadne had spotted a fellow hunter not too long after she'd moved on past the feeding vampire. Ayumi Kurenai, if she remembered right. They'd never really met, but she'd seen her here and there on occasion. From her few observations she knew the girl was capable, if not a little naive sometimes. She was still fairly young though roughly two years her junior from what she'd heard. She'd become well hardened in time, so long as she kept her head about her. Ariadne had a bit of an advantage over her as well having started so much younger than most and always having been more cutthroat and reclusive. It was dangerous to have a heart for others when your job was to hunt down cold blooded monsters.

Ariadne tailed the girl even when she started back toward what she assumed was her home. She stayed far enough back and took enough detours to be sure her fellow hunter didn't notice her, but then the girl stopped by a building clearly seeing a human in distress and took down the address. A terrible risk to stop and get information to save someone who was already damned. As she began walking again Ariadne marched up quickly from behind her no longer masking the sound of her booted feet on the road. She was close enough it wouldn't matter much anyway. Quietly looping her arm with the younger girls she pulled flashed the pin that hunters were known to carry and glanced cautiously backward,

"Any reason you're out here alone basically just wandering around," she growled, "that's how most of us get killed or jumped you know. Don't you have friends or something?"

-------------------------------------////---------------------------------------

Gabriel had wandered out in to the park out of boredom and in search of a new thrill or two. When he'd spotted Aido, a fellow vampire, stalking off after some new victim he decided to play along in the human's capture. He followed closely behind, the unmarked humans fresh scent making his hunger claw at his ribs. He wouldn't partake, the hunt was fun enough, but likely he'd need to feed again when he returned to his home. As the human began to head toward a more populated area Gabriel moved ahead to block him off in an alleyway.

Stepping in front of the man Gabriel used his greater height to scare the man backward. It worked wonderfully of course, but the man simply did not impress as he fell upon his back in shock and fear.

"Well hello there," Gabriel purred, "what is an untouched human like you doing just wandering around by yourself? Don't you know it's dangerous out here? You could get hurt, or worse, eaten. Isn't that right my friend?"

Smiling mischievously past the man he waited for Aido to make a move. It was always fun to play the villain, even if it was just to help another find a meal. We all have to help our brethren from time to time after all. It's only right to show some humanity amongst monsters.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

An arm looping through her own snapped her out of her thoughts, causing her to nearly pull a knife on her fellow hunter until she seen the pin. '' Don't you know better than to sneak up on people in this day and age? Most of us would have a knife right at the ready to aim for vital areas. I could've fatally stabbed you.'' with a huff she unlinked her arm from Ariadne's. '' And for your information, this is the one day I have to forage. I can't survive on air and water alone you know. I had to risk it.'' However, the comment about friends had made her flinch. Friends? She deserved no such thing. A few had tried to be her friend in the past, and against her wishes they had met tragic ends. Others had trusted her and she delivered them to the vamps. '' It doesn't matter if i'm killed or jumped. I would have long deserved it anyways...... and friends? I believe that anyone who tries to care for me is a fool. Any fate that befalls me I likely deserve. Though it doesn't mean I wouldn't fight back would it be a tragic one. I intend to survive until the very end of my days.'' She stopped, leaning against the wall of a building. ''Now I ask you the same question. What is your reason for being out alone, especially in the rain? I've already seen a vampire catch his hunt, and two humans meet unfortunate fates.''

It was true. When she had seen Ariadne in the past, she had always had one person with her at the very least. '' No companion today, so your confusing me. Don't you normally have one by your side? '' It was smart to have a traveling companion or two, but three or more was a bad idea. Large groups would increase the human scent and attract vampires. One person alone though was often no good against one of the vamps. '' Hopefully nobody has died today and you have come to inform me of that. That would be most depressing. Our ranks are small enough as is, considering too many are afraid to join the resistance. Even i'm not entirely a part of it.''

There was a scent on the air- one he found angering. Another vampire was nearby, no, no nearby, extremely close. His brethern best not be after the same meal. This one is his. He saw the human first.
    Growling slightly he picked up his pace, only to stop and snarl as he saw the other vampire block the path of his human prey. Well, at least he hadn't struck yet. The human was still up for grabs. Sneaking quietly up behind the human, he swiftly sunk his fangs into the neck of the human. After leaving the human half-alive, he reluctantly tossed the human to the feet of the other vampire. '' You helped with the hunt and kept him from getting away, so i suppose I should thank you. Despite the fact you already reek of fresh blood, I must acknowledge that you helped with the hunt. Therefore i leave you the rest of the human's blood to do whatever you like with.'' he spoke as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve. '' Who are you anyways? I don't recall having seen you around and about before. Are you from the other side of town maybe?
    Or kept under the care of higher-ranking vampires? You smell like you were once human.''

Man he hated sharing his food, but as he had told his brethern, he had to acknowledge that the help had kept the human from getting away. So he had to be thankful to of gotten to keep what he did of his meal.
    Though he despised vampires , mainly changelings, who thought they were superior to halflings and up, and he was a halfling. He was repulsed by the idea of having been aided by a changeling, but he had been desperate for food as stated previously.

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariadne merely chuckled when Ayumi vaguely threatened her. Of course she had expected her to have a knife at hand, in fact had it been her she would have easily ended someone else's life, but she knew humans almost as well as she did vampires. Vampires weren't, after all, the only thing she hunted. Ayumi seemed to have a bit of a martyr complex as well willing to die to make up for some sin she still clung to as if they still mattered. Living in a shit hole just so you could go on killing monsters was about enough retribution to make up for any crime.

"I often come out alone," Ariadne shrugged, "don't need the extra baggage of having to watch out for someone else. I know enough to keep me safe with or without anyone else. Figured it was as good a day as any to get supplies and mark out any potential targets for my next hunt.happened to spot you and figured I ought to make sure you got home safe and unfollowed. You seemed a little lost in thought and I was able to follow you easy enough. That's why most of us travel in pairs. If you still need to I still have to get supplies myself and we could easily make more of a haul together rather than alone. As much as I don't care for people I'd rather have more live hunters than dead ones. Makes my job easier."

---------------------------////------------------------------

Gabriel smiled wider at his fellow vampire and bowed his head courteously. Clearly someone had taught this halfling some manners, but not enough to hide the fact he disapproved of changelings like himself.

"Oh don't mind me," Gabriel chuckled, "I simply joined for the chase. The kill is entirely yours. As you said you clearly need it more than myself. I am no more than a spoiled changeling with more time at my disposal than wit. As for who I am well, I was named Gabriel Blackwood by my late parents and I suppose it will do. You'll have to forgive my theatricality. I'm afraid even in life I was little more than a spoiled brat. I do appreciate your generous offer though. Not often a halfling would do me the honor. As I said though the human is yours. I have more than enough blood bags at my disposal thanks to my master."

Relaxing back against the walls of the alleyway Gabriel shrugged at his new acquaintance.

"You know," he mused, "I've never understood the animosity between our two kinds. Changelings and halflings that is. I mean clearly on matters of innate strength and instinct your kind would have the upper hand. We changelings simply have the advantage of knowing exactly how our prey thinks. It's not in a born killer to know those emotions innately. I don't see any reason we can't accept our differences and see that we are each superior to each other in different areas. In all we're......well to put it very simply equal. You and I kill for the same reason and feel the same predatorial need to hunt. Seems so trivial and human to try and claim total superiority over one another, no?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

" that's the difference between you and i. You apparently come out here alone for your own skin, not wanting others to hold you back. I, on the other hand, keep people away for their benefit. " she stopped leaning against the wall and stood to face Araidne. " none the less I'll accept your offer. Currently I've only found enough to last me about two days. I'd have to come back out again anyways at some point. It's also, Like you said, safer to travel in small groups. So ya, I'll join you in scavenging. Any idea where to start? I've already checked the small neighborhood south east of here, the area is pretty empty for now, at least in terms of food. Plenty of clothing , jewellery, and bedding though if you need any of that. The area would be good to scavenge and take to the tunnels for its residents. "

She did wonder though, what was Arizona's history though? How'd she end up like she did? Personally Ayumi knew why she ended up like she did, but how and why did Ariadne? But for all she knows it could be as simple as moving to the wrong town at the wrong time.

" you are correct in that matter. You are superior in knowing how the mind of the prey works, but I terms of sheer strength and instinct you are generally correct. However a vampire that is starving for whatever reason will not operate at their full potential due to lack of proper nutrition, much like a human would. Haldlings like me could eventually be over powered by a changeling" a smirk formed on his face as he picked up his meal and slung the human over his shoulder. " you know, I think I can see why they chose to turn you. For starters you don't seem to miss being human, and I must say things are much better when your not the one hunted. You make a good vampire. I'll acknowledge you by your name for that reason. That being said you can refer to me as Aido. But watch your back today. While there are some other unclaimed humans around, they're only unclaimed cause they're hunters. They hunt us even though we hunt them. A dangerous bunch they are. Anyways, be careful. Your smart but you've still got a lot to learn. Maybe see if your keeper will teach you some things, like defense against the hunters in the case your swarmed by them. Maybe you can eventually help us get rid of them. "

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariadne smiled mischievously at her fellow hunter. Of course most of them stuck to looting what they could from the burnt out husks of abandoned districts, but she was a hunter through and through. Animals or humans didn't matter as long as she was left to it she would kill anything in order to survive. In fact it had almost gotten her in trouble a number of times for pulling a knife or gun on another hunter who crossed her or a human who didn't do as she demanded. Perhaps it made her cruel, but you didn't survive this hell withough having at least a touch o cruelty in you.

"Why don't we actually hunt," she quipped almost seeming friendly, "if nothing else it will give you some good venison to sell, and if we're lucky we might even get the chance to kill one of our dear blood sucking overlords. I hear the local game has gotten a bit better since we've been forced underground. Couldn't hurt."

---------------------///---------------------

"As I said best to work together my friend," Gabriel chuckled, "ah but the pesky little hunters. I'd be rid of them more quickly were it not for......well certain extenuating circumstances. Being a changeling certainly does nothing for those trouble some ideals of duty and loyalty to say the least. Perhaps one day those circumstances will finally right themselves and I can put my all in to it, but until then....well my hands are somewhat bound. Don't get me wrong though. Should I come across one I won't hesitate to ultimately kill them, but.....any chance for the answers I seek is a chance I must take. You understand I hope?"

Gabriel shrugged as if he could really care less, but it bothered him greatly. He'd always had a gentle heart for his twin and it seemed being a vampire hadn't changed that. He would waste nothing to find her and convince her to turn. Most would simply scoff and point out he didn't have to convince, but there was no way he could bring himself to turn her otherwise. He was a dog put to heel at he boot when she commanded. Something even his maker would constantly try to beat out of him. She was his weakness when he should need none.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Tensing at the idea of hunting, she quietly shook her head. '' I'm all for going after the bloodsuckers, but I have no weapons on me, and I... I don't think I can hurt anything innocent, even an animal. Unless it attacked me first, I just don't think I can.. but please don't ask me why. I'd rather not get into an explanation.'' According to Ariadne, it 'couldn't hurt', but to her it could. Mentally anyways. Bring up things better left forgotten. '' I'm fine going bloodsucker hunting though. I seen one earlier that would be a good target. It showed no mercy in feeding upon a human within it's own blood-stained home. Then there was one in an ally earlier... none the less though, they are just the only thing I can hunt...i just..can't hunt anything that hasn't attacked me first, that's all. That'a something AI don't get about you. You always seem so blood thirsty.... and besides, to make money I know where some of the valuable jewlery is stashed in some of those houses. Expensive stuff like gold and diamond jewlery. I can make money that way.'' she nervously adjusted the glove on her left hand, a nervous habit she had developed for some odd reason.

However, that vampire earlier had struck a nerve. That poor girl had seemed so small and fragile...innocent.... it bugged her. How the vamps could be that cruel....but, she had to think about it. She knew firsthand how cruel and violent those blood suckers could be.

Tilting his head slightly he examined the changeling standing before him. '' You actually care for a human? How peculiar...but, I suppose you are a changeling, there is a chance you could still have human family. Hmm...well, I suppose you could give someone the name of said human, and I know some people who would be more then willing to take care of the situation. Though being family that idea could bother you I suppose. '' Finally he turned his back to Gabriel, beginning to walk away. '' Your quite and interesting one, I'll give you that. Thanks for letting me keep my meal though... adios. I'm sure I'll see you around again if you need anything. I owe you one now I guess, sense I got to keep me food.'' It had been rather surprising that he got to keep his food, but he wasn't complaining. He would make this human last until he could find a better source of blood.

Looking up at the sky as he walked, Aido narrowed his eyes as the rain began to let up. He had been enjoying the rain, so why did it have to end so soon? The rain had been so soothing... ah, well. Nothing good ever lasted he supposed.

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Suit yourself," Ariadne sighed, "and I'm not really that blood thirsty when it comes down too it. I have my own grudge against vampires and anyone who sympathizes with them. As for regular hunting, well I do it because I need to. There's no telling if or when the vampires will get crafty and use some foodborne pathogen or chemical to force compliance or simply exterminate those of us in hiding. Hell I wouldn't put it past them to use chemical warfare against us if they thought about it. Fortunately I think they see more use in keeping us alive to use as feed bags. Either way, I hunt animals so I can feed myself and trade for what I don't find. Pelts and bones can be very useful to the right people, you know. I won't force you to do what you don't feel is right though."

Shrugging Ariadne strode off toward a part of the city where she knew they could find plenty of pre-made food that her companion could take home. She didn't dislike the girls view on hunting, she could understand why it wasn't for some, but it was a little disappointing. Fortunately disappointment was something she knew almost intimately.

"We'll come on then," she said over her shoulder, "if there's anything I can't stand it's letting someone go unprepared and starving. Believe you me two days isn't going to cut it for you. Might as well stick up in case we hunters have to hole up for a while."

----------------------////------------------------

Gabriel's expression clouded over a little when Aido mentioned having people "take care of" his sister, but softened again when he suggested it might bother him. It was strange to see how detached and stunted halflings were when it came to human relationships. It seemed to confuse them a bit as if they were aliens from some distant planet, but, he supposed, that's probably what happens when you live forever with little to no chance of death and could build whatever relationships you wanted through manipulation. It made those "pure blooded" vampires very fickle sometimes, and others very loyal and almost obsessive. How odd.

"Well at least I've made a friend," Gabriel chuckled to himself as Aido walked away, "sort of. Mother would have been proud."

Shaking his head at the silly notion Gabriel turned himself around to go and find his creator. Likely the man would want to talk about human ideologies and the like again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast