Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return {OOC - M}

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Devvin Yakamoto

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance:

Devvin stands at 6'2" and has a muscular frame to his body. He has a noticeable battle scar running from his chest down to his stomach. His eyes are an aqua blue with a blue wing to match on his left eye. His hair is more of an icy blue that is messy and not maintained. He is normally seen wearing a white cloak with a black collar to resemble his status as a warrior with an Advanced status.

Personality: Devvin is a steadfast warrior who know how to show compassion. He doesn't show his emotions as it can be a sign of weakness for someone to take advantage so everyone assumes he is heartless. He loves companionship(whether it be friends, allies, or a partner), enjoys training his skills in the pouring rain, and helping people within his village. Devvin hates the sense of doubt and surrender because those are aspects a warrior should never have. He doesn't fancy small talk or people without a motive.

Magic Affinity: Devvin is considered a great battle magician within his village. He uses hand-to-hand combat as well as magic casting whenever he fights.

For his magical abilities, Devvin can manipulate the element of water and light. For water, he can manipulate the moisture in the air, or any water around him to cast a variety of combat magics as well as minor water healing spells. With the element of light, he can refract the rays to either burn, render something or someone invisible, and can combine this power with water to make a devastating combination.

Weapons: Although Devvin is skilled with a Bo staff, he prefers to use hand-to-hand combat as his weapon of choice.

Combat Style: His primary hand-to-hand fighting style is Tai Chi. It's a very complex style of fluid motions and concentration as his focus is to strike major energy points on the body as well as re-directing his opponent's energy by deflecting their attacks and crippling their movements. He is a very skilled warrior of Tao.

Biography:Growing up wasn't he easiest task for Devvin. His father was a grand warrior who had fought many battles and thus wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. At the tender age of 4, Devvin began his brutal training regimen. He wasn't allowed to go to a public school to learn about fighting and aspects of life like any normal child would. He was alone except for his father who constantly beat technique and skill within him. His mother was a novice battle-mage when she had married Devvin's father, but wasn't allowed to teach her son anything because "battle magic was a sin and no one should learn such a weak art". She simply tended to the wounds of her son and her husband, prepared the meals, and comforted her son in times of need. At the age of 15, Devvin's father was slain in battle, only leaving him and his mother to provide for themselves. As the months went on after his father's death, his mother began to train her son in a gentler style of teaching. She taught him all she knew about magic and also taught him Tai chi as well because she believed that "letting your opponent exert their energy so you don't have to waste any extra energy". By the age of 17, he was finally allowed to train at the local Academy of Combat in the Western Lands where he far surpassed his fellow classmates. Shortly after, he left his school to train on his own as he didn't seem challenged enough where he was currently. For the next 10 years, he read many books on how to perfect his combat style, spent countless hours training in the Weeping Rain Forest, and decided to open his own school to breed a new age of warriors who would be humble, yet strong.

Other: SyFy's original series "The Magicians". It's a really neat story about how a fantasy world actually exist but they have to learn how to control and harness the flow of magic.

Post are meant to be weekly.

- - - Updated - - -

My photo wouldnt upload, but Devvin resembles Grimmjow from the anime "Bleach"
    Last edited by Underblank; 01-19-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Immortal Goddess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Water and Light are interesting elemental choices. You forgot an important part of the sheet, please read the rules and update your sheet once you've done so. Your biography doesn't tell how he came to be a Warrior of Tao. Is he just a warrior who you want to later join the Warriors of Tao?
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I think the direction i was aiming for was to have him as a mentor, but he wants to join the cause and be a warrior of Tao. P.S. Updated my sheet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    Water and Light are interesting elemental choices. You forgot an important part of the sheet, please read the rules and update your sheet once you've done so. Your biography doesn't tell how he came to be a Warrior of Tao. Is he just a warrior who you want to later join the Warriors of Tao?

I think the direction i was aiming for was to have him as a mentor, but he wants to join the cause and be a warrior of Tao. P.S. Updated my sheet

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

A mentor? I see, the only mentor like character in the story is N'allo which is why he isn't in a category for ranking. Because your character is a Warrior of Tao they'd still be taking lessons as well. Even N'allo takes lessons, but from the GrandMaster only, but you can always have your character help those who aren't ranked as high as he is. I see no issue with that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    A mentor? I see, the only mentor like character in the story is N'allo which is why he isn't in a category for ranking. Because your character is a Warrior of Tao they'd still be taking lessons as well. Even N'allo takes lessons, but from the GrandMaster only, but you can always have your character help those who aren't ranked as high as he is. I see no issue with that.
    That's what i meant. He teaches the young kids within his village so they have the basic understanding of combat and what not.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

More blood for the beast and a new skull for his skull throne.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Lol, wonderful. Your character is accepted, Underblank. Please post before the next GM post.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 01-20-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Dancing to LOTR music with my pets dragons on the cusp of no where land.
    Fantasy, romance, quest/adventure, sci-fi(sometimes), mythology
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We've all gotten so quiet!
    I don't suffer from RPAddiction. I love every minute of it!

"You scream. I scream. We all scream 'cause we're terrified... Of what's around the corner."
    Spoiler: Yup yup 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I am waiting on the mover. Unless someone wants to bump into Remi.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sorry folks that's on me. I'm holding up the mover Rise and I are doing.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast