Thread: Project Resilience (OC) *M*

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Project Resilience (OC) *M*

*Rated M for sexual themes, language, violence, possible gore, character death, etc...*

Earth is in the middle of an era where we have in fact made contact with extraterrestrials and travel peacefully among the stars. Not all aliens are good however and humans are kind of... well... fragile. This problem spawned the start of Project Resilience almost 30 years ago. I feel an explanation is in order though.

Most aliens have lived among the stars for many life times and have certain adaptations that help them in the great big vacuum of space. Humans have only started travelling farther than Jupiter some handful of centuries ago. The perk to being human however? The ingenuity. They're clever and inventive and all so different which makes them so great. They can also think outside the box, which is apparently what one great inventor did when he proposed Project Resilience.

Project Resilience is more of an experiment really where the DNA of humans is combined with that of several different species of aliens. All participants are willing of course, except for the unborn child which really can't speak up if it wants to or not. The goal is for the child to keep human traits like the mind, but to also be a bit less breakable when flung out into space. The first successful splicing happened only five years after the project began, and the results are only being harvested now for a certain reason I haven't brought up yet.

The war. Before Project Resilience, it was only a meager little thing several light years away between two planets we called Aeris and Frell. Throughout the years however, it's grown to include several different planets, edging closer and closer to Earth. Now, we're on the border of the fight and if we don't do something soon, life as we know it is likely to be turned on it's head. If we aren't dragged into the fighting, we'll likely be enslaved and Earth could potentially be destroyed. Of course, who do the leaders of this world expect to send out to keep the potential of annihilation at a minimum?

Us.

We are the results of Project Resilience; A series of people who have a wide range of different abilities based on our parentage, and believe me when I say none of us came from the same species of alien. I don't know how sending us off into space after training is going to help Earth, but the least we can do is try. Good luck
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The characters, once they're created, will be split onto two ships. The first is called *Little Boy* and is a warship. It has more armor than the second and while it might be a bit slower, it has the power to drive off any unfriendly attackers. It looks big and bulky any might remind one of a toad. The second is deemed *The Curiosity* and is an explorer ship. It is about half the size of the first, but is more easily maneuverable. It has many different tools one can use when discovering new planets and looks kind of like a spider. The two ships can hook together under fire and *Little Boy* can make a shield around them both, protecting both *The Curiosity* and itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you have any questions, please direct them towards me in this thread. I will be happy to answer them.

There's a wide range of different species in this, so if you'd like you can make one up for half of your character's parentage. Just remember that the alien can't be overpowered. No insta-kills or sudden knowledge of something. A character can be really quick to pick up knowledge but they are not omnipotent.

As for character creation, i'm gonna go ahead and post a little character sheet down here for ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rules:
    - No godmodding
    - Overpowered characters are not allowed
    - Ask me about certain things if you think they'll effect the plot significantly (in pms)
    - Type Opal at the end of your bio to let me know you've read all of these
    - No killing other characters unless you have prior permission from the owner of the character
    - Be courteous to others in the OC
    - Have fun
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheet

Name: (First, last and nicknames if any)
    Heritage: (Alien and Human)

Personality:

Appearance: (Preferably a description)

Abilities: (They can't have all the abilities of their alien parents as they're a halfy/refer to above)

Bio: (Doesn't have to be everything. Keep in mind that these guys spent their lives in a controlled environment in case they showed signs of being dangerous)

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream.