Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return {IC - M}

Dancing to LOTR music with my pets dragons on the cusp of no where land.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, romance, quest/adventure, sci-fi(sometimes), mythology
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Nymph's: Laika and Yamimoon's Severins co-post

Why do you always return to Agnes anyway?

Laika sighed. “You gave me like, thirty seconds of peace,” she muttered to the wolf’s voice in her head.

I was curious Jing said. Laika could have sworn she heard a pout in the words.

“You're always curious,” she grumbled, but despite her words and tone, a smile crept across her face.

Is that such a bad thing?

“For you? No. For my peace and quiet? Definitely,” she shook her head. “Anyway, why wouldn't I go home?”

She pretty much tortures you and calls them life lessons. Jing’s voice was flat. Laika shrugged. When she had bonded with Jing, the wolf had gained access to all of her memories, so she hadn't had to talk about her past before. Even though Jing could access her memories, the wolf still couldn't feel her emotions or hear her thoughts.

“I always come out just fine,” she said simply.

Said the rabbit who liked to poke its head into the fox’s den until it found itself dinner to the predator, Jing sighed.

“I beg your Pardon, I am the Tatsu that likes to poke my head into the fox’s den. And I'm always the one who comes out fed.” She made her voice light, trying to force Jing to drop this particular subject. The wolf only sighed in response but she could almost feel them imagining absorbing a fox spirit. She grinned to herself.

As Severins was walking to the cave however he decided that there was something he needed to do more than just report back to his superiors about his mission. For some reason he felt like he needed some alone time. So he changed directions, and made his way deeper into the forest. Though as the day pressed on, he was beginning to feel hungry, and amongst the trees he saw a deer grazing on some grass in the middle of a field..

Setting down his bag gently so it will not make a noise he slowly made his way to the defenseless animal. Creeping closer and closer to his prey. This was something he was good at. When he got close enough he dug his razor sharp nails into the windpipe of the creature killing it as quickly as he could to keep the meat from tasting off. Once the deer died he looked at the creature closing his eyes for a moment in silent prayer. He did this anytime he killed. Not knowing completely why, but it became a habit that he didn’t need to break as of yet.

Sounds like you should have spent more time hunting rather than mozying along, Jing’s voice popped up right after laika’s stomach grumbled.

“Not my fault, I had been counting on that hog,” she sighed.

We could have cooked up that pixiu, the wolf said. If it had a body, she was sure it would be smiling a wolfish grin at its sad little pun.

“Right, because dying by an angry pride of monsters is always better than starving,” she grumbled.

That’s what I'm sa-

“Hush,” she cut off what Jing was saying in her mind, even though no one but she could hear them. “Look,” she whispered, ducking down behind the shrubbery she had been passing.

In the small clearing, a man was kneeling down on the ground over a recent kill.

We could steal it from him, Jing offered and Laika rolled her eyes. She wasn't against the idea, but she felt like having some fun. The usual ambush, snatch and grab game didn't sound as appealing. She stood up, passing up all pretenses of being sneaky and pushed her way through the undergrowth until she was standing just inside the ring of sunlight that spread across the clearing.

“Looks tasty,” she said, tilting her head to the side, a playful note in her voice.

A noise caught his attention and he instantly opened his eyes, and stood up as a voice rang out amongst the clearing. “Well seams like I am not the only one that is traversing this forest this time of day.” Severins said as he turned to face the young lady that had decided to make herself known rather than attack him while his guard was down.

Looking at the young lady he wondered why in the world she would be in this forest alone. Though he knows better than to judge a book by its cover. “Well this is interesting. It is such a rare sight to see a young lady inside of this forest. Are you lost?” He asked in a deadpan voice as he smiled at her. He didn’t know what she was wanting but he was certain that she might be here for a fight.

“Lost? Oh no, that wouldn't be possible for me,” she sighed as she took a few more steps towards him. “This forest is my home, which means your trespassing,” her voice held a whimsical tone to it. “It's not the kind of place you want to be alone.” She gave the man a sly smile. The closer she got to him though, the more she felt like she'd seen him somewhere before.

She ignored that feeling for the moment and peered around as if she were looking for something. Or someone. “You are alone. Aren't you?” Her eyes moved back to him, a feigned look of innocence on her face.

Watching her every move to make sure that he wasn’t going to be caught off guard he allowed her to get closer to him. Not knowing exactly what she had in mind. Especially, since she said that this place was her home. Not many people would live in this forest let alone like she had just mentioned. He looked at her trying to see what kind of weapon she might be carrying since he wasn’t sure if she was a hunter like he was. Though nothing was visible for what he could see. The young lady was wearing a cloak.

Almost all of his scales were covered other than what was visible on the back of his hand. His eyes narrowed as she asked if he was truly alone. Shaking his head he took a couple of steps towards her letting his bloody hands hang at his sides. “There is no reason for me to to have anyone with me. This forest is not as dangerous as most people think.” He said in a serious tone as he scanned the tree line to see if anyone else was hiding amongst the trees behind her. He wasn’t sure if she was a hunter or not, but he had seen her before somewhere.

Laika raised an eyebrow at the man’s obvious confidence and she tilted her head as he took a few steps towards her. That was when she saw it. Her eyes glanced down to his neck at the unmistakable mark that labeled him as one of the Dark Army’s vassals. The ghost of a smile turned up the corners of her mouth and she reached up to undo the clasp of her cloak.

“Normally I would think those the words of a fool,” she sighed, letting her cloak slide down her arms and she dropped it on the ground beside her with a soft rustling of the fabric. She twisted her arm just enough that her own mark faced him from the medial section of her forearm. “But now I see they're just bold. Not just anyone can devote themselves to the Cause. Only the best of the best.” She flashed the man a cocky grin.

She didn't have to elaborate on what that cause was. Everyone aligned with the Dark forces knew. She had no idea what his perception of her would be, a lone girl traveling through these woods without a weapon in sight…

But she was never alone. And her weapons were never more than a thought away.

When the girl raised her hand to undo the latch of the cloak he stopped moving towards her and watched intently. Severins eyes when straight to the mark that she wore on her forearm, and smiled at her words. He knew exactly what she was speaking of, and to meet another member of the Dark Army inside of the forest was something that he didn’t expect.

“Devotion is one side of the coin. You have to be willing to put your life on the line to fulfill your missions, and bring about destruction and chaos.” Severins said as he raised his bloody left hand and touched the mark that was on the right side of his neck. “The world is our plaything, all we have to do is enjoy ourselves.”

He wasn't too concerned now that he knew that she was a member of the Dark army, but what did peak his interest was the thought of who was stronger. Him or her? A question he would like to have answered, yet at the same time it would be unprofessional to start a fight.

“So did you come here to challenge me, or are you wanting my kill?” He asked, pointing back to the deer that was behind him. He could feel her ambition to fight from where he was standing. He was itching for a good fight since he just had a disappointing mission.

She smiled at him, a small nod answering his comment about the world being theirs to play with. Laika knew it was only a matter of time before the whole world would know who they were and how they would bow before them and their master once he was reawakened. His question though brightened her face, mischief dancing in her eyes.

“How about a game. A test, perhaps. Of strength to see who deserves that deer more,” she folded her arms across her chest, shifting all her weight to her right leg. “First to bleed three times loses.” She raised an eyebrow questioningly, the smile never leaving her face.

Giving her a nod about her little game he liked his odds on being the victor. She might have had an advantage since he doesn't have any Idea about her ability, but what he was certain of she didn't have anything that could pierce his scales. There was only three blades he knew of that could accomplish that feat.

“Well that sounds like an interesting challenge. So let's see who is the stronger.” Severins said as he moved form into an defensive stance with his arms in front on himself. He held no weapons, but if she got close enough she would see the blades for nails. “I will give you the chance to attack first.”

Laika’s smile grew into a toothy grin and she nodded, lowering herself down slightly, her hands held out to her sides. Her palms itched to feel the familiar, smooth surface of her conjured weapons. She noticed then that he wasn't holding weapons of his own. Was he refraining from doing so because he'd seen she didn't have any herself? That would be a mistake on his part. Her lithe, lanky body type usually made people underestimate her. It gave her a slight upper hand in most fights.

She moved forward slowly, keeping her senses open to their surroundings while her eyes stayed locked on him. Then, without warning she rushed forward, pulling her right hand up as she called forth the image of one of her sais. Smoke enveloped her hand, streaming down the length of her arm and pooled together in her palm, solidifying into an ethereal weapon. It was silver-blue in color and see-through, almost like it was made of glass. She swung it forward at the last moment, not expecting to come in contact with him, but hoping for an opening if he dodged her.

Severins knew better than to underestimate any member of the Dark Army. She had to have abilities that were strong enough to have her become a top member of the army. Only the best of the best have the right to wear the markings of the dark army. A serious look came across his features as she charged at him. He watched her closely looking for some kind of weapon, and not too far away from him an unearthly smoke appeared in her hand, and then a glass like weapon appeared in her hand.

As she was about to stab him with her sai he turned at the last moment, and sidestepped her attack. Revealing his back to her. Thus giving her a false target. Allowing her to think that he is giving her an easy target. But in reality the moment her sai comes in contact with his skin she will see why he turned his back to her.

Laika hadn't expected him to give her such an easy opening. Though he dodged her initial thrust, she used her momentum to swing around, following up her attack with a side flourish. Her sai swept across his back, the fabric of his shirt ripping from the sharp edge of her weapon. She grinned victoriously as she danced away, but when she looked at her blade, it was still clean. No blood clung to its surface and her grin faltered.

“I was wrong about you. You do have some tricks up those sleeves,” she narrowed her eyes, twirling her blade around playfully. She made sure to keep herself ready for another attack, but open enough that he wouldn't be able to see when it would come. Jing was present in the back of her mind, but the wolf was being quiet and watchful. Studying her opponent the same as she was.

Severins smiled as he turned to face his opponent. “Did you think it would be that easy?” He questioned as he reached for the bottom half of his shirt, and removed it. Revealing his ultimate defense. His silver scales glistened in the light as he used the shirt to clean his hand of the deer's blood, and then threw his shirt to the ground. The only place his scales didn't cover was his chest, and abdomen. His muscles were lean and well defined and flexed slightly as he stretched his arms in front of himself.

Laika’s eyes roamed the man’s form as he removed his shirt. Scales. Most of his body was covered in them. She studied his chest like an artist would a canvas, deciding the best places to aim her strikes. Since she knew her sai couldn't cut through his natural defences now, she knew she was going to have to make it through his offensive maneuvers to find herself an opening. Yet, she still didn't know what to expect in that area. He had yet to reveal his choice of weapon.

“I am not that easy of a target.” Severins said as he stretched his neck from side to side getting ready for a fight. Deciding to take the initiative this time he ran towards his unnamed target. As soon as he was within range he curved his hands into the form of a claw, and slashed them at her in a succession of quick strikes. Though he was holding back because she wasn't an enemy, and she had yet to prove he would have to go all out in this fight.

“Show me what you got.”

He suddenly rushed forward, swiping at her with his own hands. Dagger-like claws threatening to make their mark, signaling one point closer to losing this game. His speed surprised her. She dodged his onslaught as best she could, side-stepping and jumping backwards as quickly as her feet would carry her.

Use this as an opening! Jing called out in her head and she grit her teeth, focusing on dodging the swipes she couldn’t block with her sai. She narrowed her eyes, and all at once, with the sai in her left hand, she blocked his current hand from catching her across her chest as she summoned a second, identical sai in her right hand. With an elegant sweep, she brought it up quickly, catching him on the left side of his abdomen before she jumped back. But she wasn't fast enough, she felt the sting of one of his claws from his free hand come in contact with her skin, and she knew her successful attack hadn't come without a price.

She scowled, though amusement still danced in her eyes.

Smiling at the fact that they were fairly evenly matched, though not in speed but tactics. She was able to catch him on his abdomen causing a red line to form, and blood trickled down his skin, but that move cost her dearly as he caught her blocking arm slicing into her forearm.

Now they were separated again and they each scored one point in this game. His smile never left his face as he was excited to finally have a challenge. “You are quicker than I first thought.” Severins said as he reached down and traced the injury with his index finger. It had been a long time since he had an injury. “Shall we continue?” He asked as he waited for her to make the next move, taking a defensive posture.

Laika narrowed her eyes playfully when he commented on her speed. She had been thinking the same thing about him. She grinned as the initial shock of his wounding strike wore off. It wasn't too deep, so like herself, he was just playing along with their little game and somehow that made her feel even more excited.

She wiped her forearm lightly against her hip, cocking her head, “I am definitely glad I met you. It was threatening to become quite a dreary day otherwise.” She didn't give him a chance to respond right away as she led the next attack, throwing one of her sais towards him, hoping to distract his attention away from her as she summoned a third sai. She knew the one she’d thrown would disappear before it even reached him. But hopefully his initial move to block it and the wisps of smoke it would leave behind to cloud his vision would still give her enough time to move in close and away from him again before he could take another point from her.

Once she closed the distance she came at him from his side, aiming for a patch of scale-free skin underneath his arm.

“The day was a little on the peaceful side.” Severins said as he watched closely as she wiped the blood off of her forearm. She seemed as in much a good mood as he was. He loved a good challenge. Then the woman threw one of her sai’s at him and he instinctively went to bat it away. However, once he did the sai disappeared in a wish of smoke that blocked his vision slightly. Giving her the time she needed to strike him. The blade slide across his skin signaling now she was one point ahead of him.

Though she was still close enough to him for Severins to retaliate by aiming a kick to her midsection. If it connected or she jumped back didn't matter much since he quickly closed the distance. Beginning his next assault. This time he was punching at her looking for an opening to strike her a second time to even the score once again.

That is when it happened, and he wasted no time striking the location with his claws. Once he struck her he backed off once more. Though this was short lived as he attacked once more not giving her much time to prepare herself for the next valloy of attacks. He was enjoying himself immensely.

Laika’s eyes widened when her opponent recuperated quicker than she expected. A well placed kick swung around and connected briefly with her side and she stumbled slightly as her feet fought to stay beneath her. He was on her in an instant.

How could you not see that coming? Jing asked, annoyance clear in their voice. You humans are always over confident, the wolf scoffed while Laika continued to struggle to keep herself out of reach of those dangerous claws. Moments later though she felt the familiar pain of her skin being sliced open. This time on her shoulder, part of her shirt hung freely down her arm, a small blood stain gracing its edges. That was two for two now. All she had to do was get the next hit-

A small, startled noise escaped her as her opponent refused to give her time to collect herself, another series of attacks landed on her. It was a smart move on his part for the next hit won the match. Summon me! Jing called in her head. Though they weren't fighting to kill, she knew the wolf was just as competitive as she was.

Laika focused all of her attention into blocking the man’s attacks while she pulled the necessary magic resources from her mind to call forth Jing’s earthly form. Wisps of fog raced together from all over, quickly coming together, forming the shape of her bonded spirit wolf’s form. It took a mere couple of seconds, before a large, white wolf with gleaming red eyes pounced at the man’s back.

But it was too late. Moments before Jing’s teeth could reach him to pull him away, Laika tripped backwards. Fighting to catch herself with one hand and block with the other when she felt the sharp, stinging sensation spread across the palm of her hand. Jing, connected still to her mind sighed, staring at her with its crimson eyes. She glanced up at the wolf for a moment. She knew her eyes would mirror the same crimson color as Jing’s until she sent the wolf away again. She exhaled roughly, letting herself fall back on the grass as she pulled her bloody palm up to gaze at the scratch that now symbolized one of her only losses ever.

“You win,” she mumbled, breathing heavily as she looked up at the man standing above her from her spot on the ground. A sly smile spread across her lips, “It was close though. I almost had you.” She propped herself up on her elbows and out of her peripheral she saw Jing dematerialize again; the smoke dissipating slowly. She knew her eyes would revert back to their deep green shade since she wasn’t pulling on her bond magic anymore. “You're a true warrior,” she conceded, offering up a light smile.

The match was close as, and he was enjoying the fight. However, all good things have to come to an end, and that end came quicker than he thought. He was intrigued that her eyes turned red the same time the wolf came into this world. Severins wondered why that was. As the fight came to a close he smiled down at the young lady. “Well we are all warriors, and you fought well. Though why didn’t you bring out your friend earlier?” He said as he leaned down offering her a hand to lift her up of the ground. Once she was back on her feet he released her from his grip.

“Well it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Severins, and what is your name.” He said as he smiled introducing himself. It was always worth getting the name of his fellow warriors. It made it easier when they were on missions, well what little missions he goes on with others. The adrenaline was still pumping and his purple eyes looked as they were glowing, but they weren't. “You put up a great fight, and thanks for the fight.” He said as he looked back at the deer. His smile still on his face as he looked back to her. “Let’s enjoy the deer. Might as well share since you provided me with some much needed exercise.”

Laika sighed, a good-natured smile stretched across her features as she took the man’s hand. It was rough and warm in her own. “I like to prove my strength without the need of summoning my bonded spirit. I'm a Tatsu,” she informed him as he pulled her to her feet with ease. She didn't see the harm in telling him the truth. As long as they were on the same side. Besides, she didn't even know if he'd know what a Tatus was. They were a dying breed, rare and almost unheard of. Also, you're stubborn and foolhardy. Don't forget that, Jing chimed in her head. She shook her head slightly in response to the wolf as Severins introduced himself.

“Laika. And likewise. It isn't often I come across someone as skillful as yourself,” she murmured as she took inventory of her wounds. They were all shallow enough, she wouldn't have to worry too much about them. Though, she did see the one on her palm making it slightly uncomfortable for her to wield her weapons in the near future. When Severins mentioned sharing the deer an almost wolfish grin spread across her face and she nodded excitedly, a piece of Jing’s personality slipping out through her.

“I honestly can't think of anything more satisfying right now,” she said in a rush before she caught herself and forced her calm demeanor back into place. “So, what brought you out to this lonely section of the world anyways?” she asked as she strode over to the deer with him, scooping up her cloak on her way past.

Severins didn’t know what she was, but it didn’t matter much to him. Though he will have to ask his master what they were. “I am a Metal Dragon. Nothing special though you probably figured that out because of my scales.” he said offering some information for information. Though now he knew the name of someone that was a good fighter. He might have to have another sparring match with her later on. Then a question came that changed his smile to a more subtle one.

“I was sent on a mission in the kingdom of We. I came into the forest to keep the hunters off my trail. Not many people would come into this forest willingly. So I was safe. Then I was heading to the safe house to report to Master Murdoc. Though I have a different plan now.” He said as he began skinning the deer with his nails. “Could you build a fire, or do you prefer the meat raw?” He asked as he continued to skin the deer.

“Only fools or very confident people consider themselves safe in this forest. Though, since I've seen your fighting style, I'll rule out the fool option,” she said playfully. Her expression took on a questioning look though as she tried to place the name Murdoc with the face of someone she might know. She knew she had heard the name, and she knew Severins looked familiar. But she couldn't recall from where. She had probably seen him at some point while accepting or finishing a mission. She was pulled out of her thoughts when he asked how she’d like the meat prepared and she waved dismissively.

“I'll get a fire going. I may share my mind with a wolf, but I still have the body of a human. And the appetite,” she muttered, turning to collect sticks and dried pieces of wood. Hmmm, a dragon. I wonder if he’s ever made the Oath. Jing muttered quietly in her mind.

“What oath?” she whispered in response.

The oath to bind his spirit to the dimension I come from. Dragons are the most common spirit found there because of their lineage and traditions teaching them how to do so, Jing replied.

“You're a wolf… how did you ever come to make an oath?”

I was reincarnated as a wolf. I came back with all of my memories; as a punishment when I was exiled from my Caste. Jing didn't say anything more and from their tone, Laika could tell the wolf decided the conversation was done. She respected her bonded partners wishes and let the idle chatter drop. Though she still wondered if that meant Jing had been a dragon in their previous life. Returning quickly to where Severins was working on the deer. She began stacking the gathered wood, preparing something else to say to the dragon.

Just because he beat you, doesn't mean you should tell him everything about yourself. You can respect his skill, but don't trust him, Jing grumbled before receding into the back of her mind again.

“I know,” she sighed exasperatedly before she could stop herself. She didn't want Severins to think she was talking to herself. She clamped her mouth shut and acted like she hadn't said anything, working in silence for a short while until she decided to strike up the conversation again.

“Do you often carry out missions alone? They usually pair me up with the most useless members they can find,” she decided to keep clear of topics that she herself would rather not share with him, sitting down beside the fire and making herself comfortable.

As the fire was getting ready Severins worked dressing the deer, and cutting it up into steaks. They would have to be quick since the smell of cooking meat will attract other creatures. The fire was now hot enough to cook, and he placed the meat above the flames to cook. Though an interesting question came up and he got a serious look on his face.

“I usually don't work well with others so they rarely team me up with people. Besides most of my missions are revolved around assassinations. So the smaller the group the better.” He said as he looked up from the flames.

She was definitely an interesting person. She was energetic and looked to like a good fight as much as he did. He chuckled slightly as he continued to cook.

“You seemed to be here for some reason as well. Are you on a mission at the moment?”

Laika looked up from the stick she was snapping into pieces idly as the meat cooked when Severins answered her about his usual missions. Assassinations were nothing new to her. Her ability to conjure up her own arrows to take out her target and the fact that they disappeared on their own, leaving no trace was apparently a sought after effect for such missions. She wondered briefly why she hadn't been called for that type of job recently though.

When he asked her a question in return, she tossed the rest of the twig into the flames as she leaned back and glanced up at him. “I was on my own mission actually-”

Careful. A Tatsu should keep its affairs secret to its own kind. That's how they still exist… Jing warned, causing Laika to pause before she could finish her thought. She back-tracked quickly and shot a sly smile towards Severins.

“It was just a little hunting excursion on my free time. Seems you just beat me to the game,” she gestured to the slabs of cooking meat. “I'm not actually expected to check in for another mission for a couple of days yet. Though I get impatient just waiting around. Never expected I'd run into a fellow member though. Especially not in such a remote place,” she said, her tone held a whimsical note in it. Jing’s words from earlier replayed in her mind, about the oath and she eyed the metal dragon curiously, trying to imagine what Jing had looked like in a similar form. But she sighed, she hadn't a clue what Jing’s appearance would have looked like. From the sound of the wolf’s voice, she imagined a masculine aura, but when she had asked, all they had told her was that they didn't bother with titles. It was a confusing concept, but she accepted it.

She pulled herself out of her little reverie and crossed her legs in front of her, leaning forward. “Do you still keep in contact with any others of your kind? Dragons, I mean,” she asked. She knew that though dragons weren't as rare as Tatsu were, they still weren't very common. And she had found herself innately curious about random subjects since she had bonded with Jing. Yet another piece of the wolf’s personality that rubbed off on her.

Severins hadn’t ever thought of if there was any other Dragons. It was something that he really didn’t care about too much. Especially since his family abandoned him to live their own lives, and he had to fend for himself. Shaking his head he looked at her. “I am not interested in anything about that world. They are the ones that cut ties, so there is no reason to care.” he said as he looked to the fire. The meet was almost done, and he really didn’t want to speak anymore about his life. “We all have our skeletons, and that is something that I don’t want to talk about.”

The fire was dancing in the light wind that began to blow. Taking the meat out of the fire he gave her some, and began to eat. Knowing that soon the scent would attract some unwanted guests. “Soon the peace will be broken. So eat up.”

Interesting… An outcast. So the chances he knows of the Oath is slim. A shame. But not our problem, Jing chimed in the back of her mind. Laika stared at the fire, her mind and thoughts flickering as much as the fire. She respected that Severins would rather keep his past to himself. She had her own qualms about sharing certain facts about her own. She sighed but when Severins moved in her peripheral, she looked up and watched as he took a couple slabs of meat out of the fire, handing her one.

It was still hot, but she didn't bother with etiquette or manners. That was a luxury she'd never gave much thought to. She couldn't remember the last time she had ever bothered with silverware even. She just used her control over ice magic to cool her fingers to keep the hot venison from burning her. She forced a smile though as she took a bite, “A little more excitement doesn't sound like the worst thing.” She glanced up at the sky. Mid afternoon. She would have to get moving soon if she wanted to make it back to Agnes’s before dark. Seemed a shame to leave such pleasant company though.

“Though you're right. As much fun as it could be, I have somewhere I need to be tonight,” she sighed, ripping off another bite.

“The day is going by quickly. I have someplace I have to go. Stay as long as you wasn't, but I have a long way to go. Since we both have to be somewhere, I think it is time we parted ways. Though I will be looking forward to seeing you again.” Severins said as he finished his food, and sat up. “Till the fates see fit to have our paths cross again.” Severins said as he moved to the edge of the forest and picked up his bag off the ground, and made his way deeper into the northern forest.

Laika looked up, a genuine smile gracing her features. “As do I. It was certainly a pleasure and I look forward to our next meeting.” She called out behind Severins, watching him walk off to the edge of the clearing. She sighed, her gaze returned to the fire. “I guess we should bag up the rest of this meat to appease Agnes for taking longer than expected,” she muttered. She heard Jing scoff in the back of her mind but got to work anyways.
    I don't suffer from RPAddiction. I love every minute of it!

"You scream. I scream. We all scream 'cause we're terrified... Of what's around the corner."
    Spoiler: Yup yup 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Rai chuckles to himself as his friend opened the door to him. He walked into the room, and saw the Grandmaster had been waiting for his arrival. It always surprised him that he knew when he was going to be arriving. “You know better than that! I come once a year to the festival. No more no less. So other than the fact of what is happening to the world how have you been? It seems like ages since you have left this place, and walked out in the open world.” Rai said as he looked around Xion’s room.

He then walked over to his friend, and gave him a hug. It had been too long since he had seen him, and there was no animosity between them. They both knew that they were on opposite sides of this war, but that didn’t stop them from being friends. “Are you ready for the fight that is coming?”

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

After his meeting with his fellow Dark Army member Laika, Severins wasted no time making his way through the forest. He was running through the forest at times to make up time, as well as to keep the more deadly creatures off his trail. As soon as he got to a location that was more suitable he stopped running, and caught his breath for a moment.

After a couple of moments he chanted a simple spell that would instantly take him to where he wanted to go. The golden spell circle appeared on the ground, and Severins stepped into the circle and vanished. When he appeared he was in a beautiful forest filled with an abundance of life. The plants reacted to his appearance by shaking their leaves. This forest itself was alive, and only allowed people that didn’t wish to do it harm into this location. Thus only people pure of heart can enter the forest without suffering for it.

Smiling a true smile Severins touched the plant. After saying hi he moved deeper into the forest looking at all of the plants. He didn't know why but this place brought him peace, and made him feel different.

The three elite guards appeared in the Golden Forest, named for the beautiful golden threads of silk the spiders weaved. This was the place N’allo and Severins would come when they needed to get away from everything and everyone. This had been N’allo’s place of solace after Severins disappeared so long ago. This was where he came if he ever got injured or ever felt lonely. It was home to him, it was peaceful here and the forest took care of him, it healed him, it gave him strength Kadall placed N’allo on a large leaf, the leaf belonging to a rare plant that resided only in the Golden Forest. N’allo was unconscious due to blood loss, but he was alive. The leaf curled around N’allo, like a venus fly trap and began to glow as Kadall and the other two elite guards watched the healing take place.

“The Azurah tree can heal him right Kadall?” one of the elite guards asked.

“It has in the past, but the magic he was struck with was old corrosive magic, we shall see,” Kadall replied, “in the meantime spread out and make sure it is secure.”

As Severins move deeper into the forest he was moving around the trees, and not disturbing any of the plants. It was the way he showed respect to the forest. The golden threads sparked in the sunlight. Then out of nowhere he suddenly heard the trees rustling like someone was moving through them as well as the magic of the forest being used. That meant that there were others in the forest, but how many there were was unknown.

He was not going to take any chances since there was no way of knowing if they were friend or foe. He refused to spill blood in this forest so he wasn't going for the kill. Crouching down, and moving slowly towards the man he waited till he was in view.

Not recognizing the man he moved behind him slowly and quietly. Then when he was close enough he grabbed the man from behind wretching his arm behind him, and covered his mouth. So that if there were others he wouldn't be able to warn them. He then began to cast a sleeping spell to knock him out. If this man was a member of the Tao Academy then he wouldn't get anything out of him. Now he needed to be careful till he finished clearing them out. Laying him on the ground he moved through the forest to see if there were any others.

The leaf poured magic into N’allo mending bone, sealing lacerations and restoring energy. He felt his pains washing away and he was thankful for Kardall for listening to him. He felt home here and yet he was unaware of anything happening outside of the leaf that was healing him.

As Severins made his way through the forest he found a second warrior. Making his way slowly behind the man not making a sound as he approached. He was so used to this because of his missions. But that was usually to kill this was just to incapacitate. Standing his full height behind the man he wrapped his forearm around his neck, and applied pressure. The man struggled to get out of his grasp, but he was the stronger of the two. Soon the man's fight gave out, and Severins laid him on the ground as well.

Figuring he was the last one other than the one that was using the power of the forest he quickly made his way to where the energy was gathering. Walking into the open area I. The forest where the oldest of the trees lived. Walking up to the large tree he could see it cuddling someone within its leaves.

Approaching with caution he walked over to the leaf, and looked down. Though he didn't know who was inside of the leaf tears started to form in the corner of his eyes, and fall down his face. He had no idea why this was happening. Because of his concentration on the leaf he didn't feel or hear the man approaching him from behind.

The the unknown assailant attacked Severins by kicking him in his side. Forcing him to stumble, and have to regain his footing. Once he was able to get his feet underneath him he looked to the man. He seemed very protective of the man that the plant was healing, but that would mean that he would make mistakes if pushed.

The fight was coming to an end, and Severins had sustained some injuries from the man, but the man was not unharmed. He mentioned what he said about not spilling blood on the forest floor. He had landed some good hits of his own and Kardall was barely able to stay on his feet. The the man suddenly dropped to the ground unconscious form the powerful strikes.

Severins moved over to the tree and sat down on one of the roots that were protruding out of the ground. He leaned against the tree trunk closing his eyes. He had a stab wound to the lower abdomen, and was bleeding decently from the wound. The tree moved one of its leaves to cover his injury, and he closed his eyes. Not knowing how long it would take for the man to heal. He wanted to know who else knew of this place, and who the plant excepted.

The leaf unfurled just as Severins knocked Kardall unconscious. Thankfully no blood was spilled, but as N’allo opened his eyes, he felt a familiar presence, a presence he had long thought lost. His eyes darted around the area as he sat up and looked around the clearing. He saw Kardall’s body first and immediately rushed over to him touching his forehead and checking his vitals. He was alive and breathing. Whoever had done this knew of the sacred nature of this forest, and not to spill blood here. The tree started pouring magic into something, and N’allo turned his head to see someone he thought was dead. His eyes widened as he tilted his head. Was he going crazy? Not ten feet from him was Severins, the man he loved, the man he thought was dead, and yet he was sitting on a protruding root, the tree they’d made love under healing him because he was wounded.

N’allo reached into his garbs and pulled out a parchment. He wrote something on it and tossed it into the air, watching as it levitated before burning. The tattoos on each of the three elite warrior’s bodies began to glow and one by one they vanished. N’allo sent them back to Tao Academy where they would be taken care of and healed of any injury. He turned once the task was done and looked at Severins. Approaching, he glared, his bow clenched in his hand.

“WHO ARE YOU?” He asked loudly to ensure Severins heard him.

The healing energies of the tree repaired his injuries, and was healing his body. He didn’t feel the tree stop its healing of the unknown man, or the man attend to the warriors that he had taken out. The only thing that made him open his eyes was when a strange yet familiar voice called out to him asking who he was. Looking at the man before him this was the same man he had seen in the marketplace in the other cities from time to time. The one that he seemed to know from something like a dream. Though by the sound of his voice, he was not to happy with him.

Touching the tree he thanked it for its healing, though his injuries weren't completely healed. He gently moved the leaf away and hopped down off of the root. He walked up to the man in an non threatening way. He looked into the man's eyes, and they told more than anything, but he didn’t know why his eyes weren't as angry as he seamed. The man's Sapphire blue eyes, were of the same color he loved.

“My mane is Severins, and who are you? I know that you are a member of the Tao academy, but who are you?” Severins asked not thinking to hide his marking on the right side of his neck. His wounds were still evident, but not as bad as they were before.

“Sev…...Severins,” N’allo nearly whispered as he looked into the man’s eyes. They were the same eyes he’d looked into before he went to sleep, the same eyes that told him he was safe when their bodies were intertwined under the comfort of the silk sheets in bed. N’allo’s hand slowly reached up on its own. He wanted to see if this was real. It had to be a dream. Severins was dead. He was told he was dead. N’allo had never given up looking for him after his disappearance, but to see him now after being told of his death, it was shocking to his system. His hand cupped the side of Severins’ face and in an instant N’allo pushed concern and safety to the wind and embraced Severins. “I thought you were dead. You don’t remember me?” He asked pulling away, “it’s me, N’allo.” N’allo’s eyes showed hurt, and pain at this new discovery.

Watching as the young man looked at him with shock filled eyes. As if he was seeing someone he thought was dead brought back to life. The man moved without thinking and touched his face, and Severins didn’t know what to do. He was shocked that the man would let his guard down, yet alone touch him. The warmth from his hand was familiar, and then when he embraced him everything seemed so familiar, yet at the same time he knew nothing of what what this was. A feeling of security. Why would he be sacur in this man's arms? Why does he want to return the affection? Why did his heart ach? So many questions raced through his head as he tried to understand what was happening to him.

When the embrace stopped and the young man moved away from him. Introducing himself as if he was supposed to know who he was. As if Severins should have known who he was. He push N’allo away from him as he tried to understand what was happening. His breathing was a little fast, tears ran down his face, and he reached up to hold his head. If N’allo tried to get close to him, he would lash out. “I don’t know you, but how do you know me?” Severins asked as he backed away from N’allo, and could see love in his eyes.

Hurt. N’allo felt hurt. That was the only emotion he could feel after being rejected from the man he loved. Once loved. There was no more relationship, there seemed to be no more love between them and N’allo couldn’t blame him for losing interest in him. He stepped away after being pushed watching as the man he once loved seemed to suffer from some unknown pain.

“If you don’t know me then you are not the man I loved. It is best if you leave this place and never return.”

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

As dawn was slowly approaching, Devvin began to wake from his slumber. His muscles were tense with anxiety as he knew he had to traverse through the Great Forest to get to the Temple of We, but he knew he had to leave with haste. He jumped out of bed and started to put on his cloak, grabbed a light backpack to hold his supplies, slipped on his shoes, and started to head for the door. As he opened the door, he inhaled the fresh morning air and calmed his mind. "Alright, time to do this", Devvin said with a smirk as he began to run to the exit of his village.

As Devvin reached the Great Forest's entrance, he began to develop a sense of doubt as he has never been into the heart of the forest by himself, and he knew he had to pass the heart to get to the Temple on the other side. He took a moment to collect himself and proceeded to walk into the entrance. Walking down the vine-infested path, Devvin felt a sense of nostalgia as this was the same path he and his father walked when he was alive. The rain beat down unto his skin as did the rays of light that were penetrating the mighty tree tops. It seemed like the most peaceful day... until he heard a rustling in the bushes. Devvin quickly turned his head to only find a small rabbit peeking his head out from the greenery. "What the hell man? Keep yourself together", Devvin said aloud as he wiped the nervous sweat off of his forehead. He continued his walk down the path with a slight case of tremors because of the "ferocious rabbit" that was hiding in the bushes until he felt a stabbing pain in back. In an instant, he was struck to the ground from what seemed to be a kick to the back. He quickly pulled himself off of the ground to meet gazes with some.... woman? She gave a very toothy grin and began to lunge once more at Devvin.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" Devvin screamed as the woman was darting towards him. There was no time for second guessing himself... he knew he had to defend himself, otherwise he'd meet his demise in this forest. As the girl made contact with Devvin, he grabbed it's wrist and redirected the force to a tree, where she collided with a thick tree trunk. She gasped for air as she pulled herself off of the ground. "You sure do fight a lot better than your mother did," she said with a smile, "you might end up being a true warrior after all". "What do you mean," Devvin asked ,"what exactly did you do to my mother?". The lady simply started walking towards him and said "If you really want to know, I guess you'll have to beat me." As she finished her sentence, she began to lunge once more.

Devvin knew this woman wasn't telling the truth, and he knew he had to keep his wits about him if he wanted to survive. "Protect!" Devvin yelled as the water around him formed a small shell in front of him to brace the blow the woman was about to deliver, but he was too slow. She appeared on the side of him and sent a small dagger into his shoulder blade. He let out a ghastly scream as the dagger pierced his shoulder, throwing the woman off of him. "This is no ordinary dagger," he thought to himself, "it feels like the wound is corroding my shoulder." He heard a laugh as the woman was amused in his confusion. "If you don't act now, you just might die," she said with a sinister smile. There was no way he could focus on defeating her... he knew he had to treat this wound at once. Devvin brought his hands together and began to chant:

"By the maiden's light, guide me in this troubling time. Bestow unto me your mercy and love to aid me in this time of need.... Illuminate!"

As he finished the chant, the sky began to fill with small orbs of light. Each light began to bounce off the trees of the forest and started to form a small cluster. When the orbs collided, the light began to fade for a brief second, until there was an explosion. Blinding light erupted from the forest and Devvin knew he had to run at this time. "YOU CAN RUN YOU LITTLE TWERP, BUT YOU KNOW YOUR END IS COMING!" the woman exclaimed as she was blinded by this angelic light.

Devvin sprinted off into the forest to find a safe spot to treat his wound because he knew if he didn't act fast, he might die. As he was running, he stumbled upon a small hut withing the trunk of a tree and darted in. He immediately sat down along the rough edge of the bark and began to treat his wound. He yanked the dagger from his shoulder, letting out a small yelp of pain and began to manipulate the water around him into his wound to cleanse it. As the water entered his veins, his visions became blurred. He began to see shadows within the hut and heard voices that he couldn't comprehend. His senses were being overloaded as he body didn't understand how to process this, but within a few seconds, Devvin blacked out, falling onto the floor.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Severins just looked at N’allo as if he shot him, but then suddenly something came over him. His demeanor changed as suddenly he got angry. “You are not my master. So you have no right to tell me what I can and can't do.” Severins said as he charged at N’allo. He would fight this man, but not here. He was chanting a spell under his breath that would open a portal, and sent them to a better battlefield. He still didn’t understand the feelings he had concerning him.

He pushed N’allo through the portal, and they both were teleported to a different location in the forest. It was field in the center of the forest. Severins looked at N’allo as he was about ten feet away from him. “You are nothing more than an annoyance. Let’s finish this like men, and see who has the right to call that forest their home.” Severins said as he readied his claws, and ran towards N’allo.

N’allo wasn't expecting to be attacked. He was still in shock at what he was feeling. This has to be him the aura was the exact same. He remember him, his scent was the same. He felt in his heart that this was the man he once loved, the one he married and still had the ring. It simmered in the light on N’allo’s finger but he looked at Severins’ hand and there was no ring, no jewelry. This above all else saddened him. Then Severins spoke telling him that he was not his master. His tone was dangerous and before he realized what was happening, he was being pushed through a portal.

He landed with a thud, groaning from pain. By now Severins was charging towards him, eager to harm him. This was not the man he loved. This was someone else but his heart his spirit believed differently. N’allo stood slowly before engaging Severins. N’allo unleashed a swarm of beautiful rainbow butterflies that would explode in contact.

Severins slid to a stop as the spell came towards him. He brought his arms up and covered his vital areas with his scaled arms to keep them from being hit. Though he was mesmerized by the color of the butterflies that were coming towards him. Something was so familiar about these butterflies. Because of that he didn’t brace when the spell hit him. The explosions sent him flying backwards. He hit the ground, but recovered quickly as his eyes narrowed at N’allo. If it weren't for his scales he would have been seriously injured.

What was with this man? What was it about him that confused him so much? Closing his eyes for a moment he calmed himself, and then opened his eyes. He needed to finish this fight before his confusion made him lose this match. He once again charged at N’allo, but this time he casted a spell that covered him in a protective barrier that would be able to block spells of a minor nature. He increased his speed to get to him faster.

N’allo summoned his bow and quickly aimed it at Severins when the explosion occurred. He pulled the bowstring and would have released the arrow but something stopped him. His heart. He felt tears sting his eyes as he tried to focus on the task at hand, but it was difficult. The love emotions came flooding back in. Emotions that he spent years containing, years overcoming, all came back rushing and he felt completely and utterly useless. This man, this once gentle man was angry, and N’allo didn’t know what to do. Severins looked as if he wanted him dead and all N’allo could think of was what he had done to cause this. Was this his fault? Did he do something wrong?

“Stop, please,” N’allo spoke softly though he wasn’t sure if Severins heard him or not. “I..I can’t,” he said lowering the bow and awaiting whatever was to come.

Severins hit N’allo hard knocking him down to the ground. He did hear what the man had to say, but didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth. The man let his guard down, and now he was on top of N’allo in a matter of seconds. Pinning the man's hands above his head his hips were on his thighs, and his free hand was curved into a claw. It was placed right above his heart. He was starting to push his nails into the man's flesh, but he looked up into his eyes. His motions stopped as he just stared into his sapphire blue eyes.

Suddenly all of his animosity was gone as his eyes didn’t leave N’allo’s. His nails that were pressing into his skin stopped. Then he straighten his hand placing it over his heart. Gently touching the man, as his eyes looked up at the ring that was on the man’s hand. The beautiful Sapphire gem that was embedded in twisted golden threads that resemble the roots of the tree in the forest he so adored. The ring reminded him of the ring he has hidden in his room to keep it from the people that he works for.

He looked back into the man’s eyes once more and could see something so familiar to him. All of this was so familiar, the blue of his eyes, and the scent of his skin. Severins couldn’t help himself. He wanted to know more about the man that was so familiar to him, who seemed so right. Taking his hand from N’allo’s chest and placing it on the ground he leaned over allowing their chest to press together as he then went in to kiss N’allo on the lips. He wanted to know if he tasted familiar as well.

He winced at the pain from the hit and when his body hit the ground he knew what was coming next. Severins was on top of him and had pinned him to the ground. His nails digging into N’allo’s flesh, but N’allo could only look at him as the pain he felt was numbed by the emotions that flooded his body. Why was he doing this? Severins would never hurt him, he would never lift a hand against him. This man had to be an imposter, that was the only explanation. All of his questions went out the window when Severins’ lips touched his own. N’allo’s eyes widened in surprise as he remembered kissing Severins, he remembered how much he loved it, how much they enjoyed it together under the trees of the Golden Forest looking up at the starlit sky. He didn’t struggled against Severins’ grip, but he was definitely confused more now than ever.

“How can you look like him, smell like him, have the same aura as him, but not be?” N’allo asked after breaking the kiss. “Even your eyes are the same as his, your voice the same as his, everything about you is too familiar. Is fate so cruel that it dangles my dreams in front of me knowing I cannot grasp them any longer?”

N’allo’s taste was familiar was well. How could someone that was destined to be his enemy be so familiar? Why couldn’t he kill him? Why was this happening to him? All of these questions and more ran through his mind as he kissed N’allo. He didn’t understand any of this yet at the same time he knew this was all right. When the kiss was broken off by the Elf Severins looked him in the eyes once more seeing the pain of what was happening. It was like he opened an old wound, and it bothered him to look into his eyes any longer.

“Fate has a way of destroying one's ambitions, and replacing them with false hope. The world is full of contradictions, and fate plays a part in that. So, ignore fate and live to your own beliefs.” Severins said as he released N’allo’s wrists from his grip. He could see the blood of the man on his nails. Feeling a stinging sensation in his chest he sat up and saw the damage he had done before kissing N’allo. Looking away as he picked himself up off of the man, he moved away from him. “To what end will the killing lead? To the future of the world, or to the destruction?” Severins said as he looked down at the man who he just kissed. To the man whom he seemed to kill without even lifting a finger.

N’allo was silent after Severins spoke, he didn’t know what to think, but he wanted answer. He was told Severins was dead, yet here he stood in front of him, that much was true to N’allo. He had searched high and low and was never able to find him. Where had Severins been all this time? N’allo lifted himself from the ground, dusting off his garbs as his bow vanished with a mere wave of his hand.

“Do you know who you are?” N’allo asked as he began to remember the good times he’d had with Severins so long ago. “Severins Snireves, my friend, my lover, my fiance,” N’allo looked straight at Severins wondering if he remembered any of it. “The times we practiced together until our knuckles bled. The times we ran for miles just to get out of laundry duty. When the headmaster separated us because we continually lost focus during training just because we smiled. Do you know who you are, and how much you mean…. To me?” N’allo finished taking a step closer to Severins. He didn’t want to get too close to him. There was still a chance he would attack, but N’allo wondered had Severins memories been erased? “I thought you would be the one to become the next headmaster of Tao Academy, I truly thought you would, but the look on your face when our master told us who would be his heir. It was a mixture of pain and pride. You were happy because it was me, but you had trained so hard, you wanted to prove yourself to him.”

Not knowing what was true anymore he shook his head as N’allo started to talk to him. Was the words this man spoke true? Was he truly the missing link to his past? Was this man before Severins really everything he claims to be? He had no memory of what he was speaking of, but he could feel that every word he spoke was true. Then what of the memories that Severins had. Were they all a ruse, or was this the ruse to make him turn against his Master? He was so confused about what was happening. Nothing made sense to him anymore.

“How can this be true? I don’t remember anything like that. My family abandoned me on the streets to fend for myself. I lived on the streets until my Master found me. He took me in and raised me. Yet… I feel that what you say is the truth, and that ring you carry looks a lot like…” Severins stopped speaking. Why was he telling this man anything? Taking a step backwards he looked at the man confused. Was his life nothing but a lie?

As N’allo was about to respond to Severins’ question, an explosion sent both of them shooting backwards landing hard against the unforgiving earth. N’allo quickly looked up to see Murdoc levitating with a smile on his face.

“The two love birds have reunited,” he said, “but this is against my masters plans. He has something far more painful in store for you. You who look so much like him, even the power that flows through you matches him identically. I dare not face you knowing what you are, but I leave you with this. A war is coming, are you on the right side Lunar Elf?” Murdoc said as he swooped down grabbing Severins before he could reject, vanishing from sight. N’allo screamed as he watched it all happen. It seemed to happen in slow motion, but what Murdoc said confused him even more. Who was his master, why did he remind him of his master? N’allo was confused, he was hurt, he wanted nothing more than to be held by Severins, to listen to his stories again, but that was ripped away from him not once but twice now. He sat on the ground wondering, but he knew he had a job to do. Standing to his feet, he wiped his face and sighed. He had trained his body, even though he was an emotional wreck, he would make it through the trials. A butterfly swooped down and landed on his shoulder causing him to vanish in an instant.

====

“You know I never leave the walls of this Academy. It is a sacred place that must be protected, though N’allo will stand in my place at the Festival,” Xion replied smiling as his friend hugged him and he returned the embrace.

“I am as ready as I can be Rai, I only hope that when it begins you know the consequences of the side you’ve chosen,” Xion smiled placing a soft hand on Rai’s shoulder. “I sense there is another reason you’ve come, is there?”

“The consequence of our decision is what makes having a choice so interesting. On one hand you can save the world, but on the other you can be instrumental in changing the world. Be it for better or for worst” Rai said as he smiled at Xion. “Though to know if you have made the incorrect choice will have to be seen.”

Taking his hand he placed it on the grand Masters shoulder as well. “You are as ever vigilant my friend. I do have another reason for this visit. Though I can tell you it is not for you nor me, but the young man you have chosen to become you replacement.” Rai said as he removed his hand from Xion, as he took a couple of steps back. “I am keeping a promise to the one you didn’t choose, and is now in the hands of the Dark Army. A final gift to bestow to the one he loved.” He said as he pulled out of his bag a silver box with ornate golden designs decorating it. What was on the inside even he didn’t know. It was sealed with a spell that only N’allo would be able to break.

“Powerful magic surrounds this box,” Xion said his eyes locking onto the gift from Severins to N’allo. It had been so long since his departure. Xion looked away quickly not wanting to relive the decision he’d made so long ago. To break the heart of the very student he called son by separating him from the man he loved was a desperate move on his part to get N’allo to conform to the role of Assistant Headmaster, but also it was Xion’s own selfishness. He had seen them grow up together, seen them fall in love and was there when they confessed their love, but the night they exchanged rings was the night Xion realized how dangerous Severins was. Xion wanted N’allo to grow, to become the greatest there was in the land, but to do that he would have to separate himself from emotions. Severins and N’allo loved each other, and Xion knew that in order for N’allo to reach the next point, he had to break him and that was the day he’d did the unthinkable. Xion shook his head returning to the present, his hand holding the box that Rai had revealed. The truth was that Severins and especially N’allo were a mystery even to him. His gifts could not see past the haze that they produced. It unnerved him, it made him to rash things to get results.

“The boy still lives?” Xion asked knowing the answer to the question even before he asked, but an answer would soothe him.

Rai chuckled slightly at Xion’s reaction to the box that he handed to him. The man seemed to be struggling with the decision he had made. “Even with all of your power of foresight. You never knew what was going to happen in their lives, so you made a decision that changed both of them. You choose N’allo because of who he is and the power the young man had, though you never took into consideration what their love would produce. You were afraid that N’allo wouldn't conform to the roll you gave him. So you removed the only thing he loved in his life, and handed him over to your enemy.” Rai said as he looked his friend in the eyes.

“You know I was the one they called to break the child. To turn him to our cause. You trained him well, but his love for N'allo was the only thing that kept him from breaking too quickly. He fought me for the longest time, though every mind has it breaking point. His was this box. I promised to deliver the box to N’allo before the war started so at least his love would have something to remember him by. Since he knew that he was close to falling. So now I am here to fulfill my promise I made in blood.” Rai said a slightly sarcastic tone to his voice as if telling Xion that he was a hypocrite. “ The child yet lives. He is the one that has been killing people as of late. He is the Dark Army's personal assassin. Though he still has the ring that he and N’allo exchanged the night you had us take him. It is a reminder of the betrayal of his family. The betrayal of the man he called a father.”

Xion’s face grew stern as the room grew colder.

“I gave them an order, and you tell me I was disobeyed?” He said his voice calm, but his aura flaring slightly. The sheer strength of the elder was immense. He wasn’t the strongest for no reason. His eyes seemed to search Rai, burrowing into his psyche picking at what information they could find. “You will bite your tongue Rai when speaking to me in that tone, remember who it is who is your elder,” Xion said shaking his head. “Nonetheless, even if you broke his mind and wiped his memory of him, you know as well as I that it will begin to reverse if they meet again, and with each meeting the spell will break.”

Xion placed the box on his desk and picked up a bag filled with jewels. Chump change to him, but it would suffice for what he was using it for. “I trust my orders will not be disobeyed again or else Murdoc will find his plans foiled before they can even start. These jewels are prepayment to ensure that Severins will not be a hitch in any plans. Can you assure this Rai?”

Rai only smiled as the room suddenly grew cold as the Elder Xion was not a bit happy about how much he knew about what he had done. Though he knew that wasn't what struck a nerve with the old man. He treated him with disrespect and that was what he truly was mad at. “No need to worry. I will make sure to mind my tongue. I am sure that you did everything for the right reasons. Though I just thought that it was interesting the way you tell me to be on the right path, and you choose a path that you are unsure was the right one. That was all I meant by that. No disrespect meant.” Rai said as the Elder tossed him a bag of jewels.

“If the memories return I can make sure that the child stays out of your way. One way or another, just make sure you keep your end of everything.” Rai said as he smiled at Xion. If push came to shove he would kill the child without even a second thought. Even if the old man still wanted him to live. “I am responsible for making sure that gets to your prodigy. I will know if you don't pass it on. I have a spell on it that will let me know. So you better pass it on” Rai said as he just smiled at Xion.

“I am glad I can count on you Rai,” Xion said just as butterflies swarmed into the office. Xion smirked and looked at Rai. “It is amazing is it not? His mana takes the form of butterflies, potent little bastards too.” The butterflies began to swirl like a tornado in front of the fireplace and soon dispersed. Standing in front of the fireplace was N’allo. Xion looked at him with worried eyes. “So it has begun?”

Rai nodded his head in agreement to what Xion said as the butterflies entered the room. They were beautiful, but what Xion said next made him smile. He would finally be able to see the one ‘chosen’. He placed the jewels inside of his bag, as the butterflies took shape. The young man was as handsome as Severins said, and he could feel the immense energy coming from him.The faint aroma of blood tickled at Rai’s nose. This young man had been in a fight. Though he didn't know who he had been fighting with, but he could tell that he seems a little more excited than he should have been after a fight. He was about to take his leave when the young man addressed him. He was far too nice to people he just met, and he wondered how nice he would be when he finds out that he was a member of the Dark Army, but that will be for a later date.

“Grandmaster,” N’allo said kneeling to show respect.

“Rise, what is your report?” Xion asked looking intensely at N’allo.

“Darkness is spreading. I ran into a Lich and he said….,” N’allo paused as he looked at Rai. “I’m sorry, am I interrupting?”

“Nonsense, this is Rai, a friend,” Xion pointed out, “a friend who was just leaving.”

N’allo raised a brow and bowed to show respect to the older man. “Master Rai, I am N’allo, it is nice to meet you,” N’allo said softly. Xion was proud, but what sat on his desk made him annoyed.

“You are such a polite young man. You bring honor to your master.” Rai said as he looked to the young man. He just smiled as N’allo continued his report.

“Master, I….,” N’allo paused before thinking over how he’d tell Xion his discovery. “After the fight with the Lich, Kardall brought me to the forest to heal. There I ran into him.”

Xion raised a brow to signal for N’allo to continue.

“Serevins is alive,” N’allo nearly shouted a broad smile on his face.

It was of no consequence to him that a Lich was roaming the world. That would make his Master very happy to hear. Though what was said next made some of the color leave his face. The two lovers have met, and even worse it seams the spell he wove broke down quite a bit in just one meeting. The two shared a kiss, and that could even break down the spell even faster.

“Are you sure about that? The elite warriors notified you of his death, they saw it with their own eyes,” Xion said.

“I know but this man looked like him, sounded like him, felt like him, kissed like him…,”

“KISSED?” Xion interrupted looking at Rai.

This was a problem, if Severins was able to break the spell on him to that point only seeing him once then he had a big problem on his hands. He would have to make sure to keep a closer eye on the young man. Maybe even weave a couple of new spells to try and hold together what was left of the memory spell. Thought it would be improbable to try and recast the spell. It would take months, and that is time they didn’t have to waste.

“It was strange,” N’allo replied. “I don’t understand how this could be possible.”

“I feared this. N’allo it is best to let the dead rest. Here, this was a gift that Severins wanted to give you but didn’t get the chance. I don’t know what it is you saw in the forest, but I assure you it wasn’t him.” Xion handed N’allo the box and sighed. “It is best if you get some rest, there will be long nights ahead.”

“But Master,” N’allo tried to explain.

“Enough N’allo, return to your chambers and prepare to address the Warriors of Tao.”

As soon as the man left the room with the box in his hands. His vow had been fulfilled, now he was going to have to make sure that Severins doesn't run into N’allo anymore. If he does then he will have to make sure he dies in his loves hands. A smile formed on his face as an idea came to mind. His smile faded as he quickly turned to face Xion. As soon as he was sure no one would hear them he spoke once more.

“I will personally see to this.” Rai said as he turned to leave. There was so much to do, and not enough time to get everything in motion.

“Good, then all is set in this game of Chess,” Xion said, “Enjoy the festival Rai

=====
    N’allo left the Grandmaster’s office looking down at the beautiful box. It was a gift, from Severins. Master Xion wanted him to forget, to move on from what he’d felt in the forest, to move on from what he saw and yet he couldn’t. The only order he’d ever disobeyed, and it was something he couldn’t do. His emotions ran high after seeing someone he thought to be dead. Now, with the beautiful box in his hand, N’allo didn’t know what to think. Could the man he met in the forest be an imposter, or was it just a figment of his imagination longing for something he could not have? Entering his room, he sat on his bed and slowly opened the box. Inside the box was a bracelet, and it seemed to sparkle as he pulled it slowly out of the box. Tears streamed down his face as his hands began to shake. He looked at the beautiful white bracelet with gold leafing. In the center of the bracelet was a moon stone, embedded and N’allo’s favorite flower surrounding the stone.

N’allo broke down, he crumbled for that brief moment as he visibly shook. Someone was lying to him. Severins wasn’t dead, he had met him in the forest. The place only they knew about, the sacred place only they could find. The Golden Forest was their home away from home, NO ONE ELSE knew of it. Kardall and the elite warriors memories of the Golden Forest were wiped every time they left, it was something that happened if the forest did not wish to be revealed. He read the words on the back of the bracelet and the floodgate broke. He screamed, the guards hurrying into his room.

“GET OUT!”

His voice seemed almost inhuman as he thrust his hand forward blasting the guards out of his room through the door. The door slammed, the hinges cracking as N’allo cried. He cried until he could no longer. This was the same thing that had happened upon his discovery of Severins’ death so long ago, but now now it was different.

“N’allo,” Kardall said softly approaching N’allo with caution. “Sir, we were sent by Master Xion to escort you to the festival. Are you alright?”

N’allo looked up, his face dry because his eyes couldn’t produce anymore tears. He sighed as he placed the bracelet on his wrist. How it matched the ring he wore. Severins always had a way of making him smile, and N’allo didn’t even realize he was smiling until he saw his image in the mirror.

“Give me thirty minutes and I shall be ready,” he told Kardall trying not to concern his friend with his emotions.
    --
    ATTACK ONE

“You have failed your mission,” Terrator said as he stepped up behind the woman, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Though she looked shocked to see him, she fell to her knees begging for forgiveness. “We do not forgive failure,” the man said as with one motion he ripped the woman’s head clean off her body and watched the blood squirt out. Tossing the head to the side, the man took off to find Devvin.

“There is no rest for the weary warrior,” a dark husky voice spoke. The man was bulky, muscular and looked to be some type of enforcer. His fist were lined with what looked like barbs and his hair was short, like a mohawk. He had watched the man travel through the forest. He had watched him fight the woman and he had watched him get injured. A chuckle escaped his throat. “I will thoroughly enjoy ripping you apart.”

The behemoth of a man shot forward like a bullet intent on running Devvin over.

ATTACK TWO

“My dear, you don’t have to go back, you can stay forever in the DARKNESS.”

A cackle filled the air around Sen as if she were the only one amongst those around her. A being with a harlequin mask appeared in front of her, on her side, and behind her before vanishing from sight.

“This shall be most fun. The master will be pleased to know that I have accomplished my task.” Another maniacal laugh filled the air.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Rai was walking down the hall, and he could hear N’allo scream. A smile on his face as he continued to walk down the hall. He was only here to pick up the jewls, and enjoy the festival. He had come every year, and nothing would get in his way of enjoying it. Well at least for now. He had a lot of business he would have to take care of once he returned to base. But for now he would enjoy himself.

Walking out of the building he looked to where the festival was taking place, and he wasn’t paying any attention to anything that was around him. That was a little odd for him, but it made him seem less of a threat. He was looking forward to the food, and the festivities. However, he messed up and found himself on the ground. It seemed that he ran into a girl on her way who knows ware. Looking up at the girl, he smiled at her.

“I do apologize for running into you.” Rai said as he stood up, and dusted his white robes off. He reached out his hand to the young lady with the most stunning lavender eyes, and two lines across her cheeks. He could tell she wasn’t human, but she seemed to give off an aura that most people would fall prey to. Though he wasn't as easy a target as most.

====

Yuma had finished all of the duties that the festival people had set for him, and now it was time to enjoy the festival. He didn’t plan on having any true fun, but he did enjoy the food that was served on these days. No matter how many of these festivities he ever attends he never truly has fun. He has no real friends at the Academy, and he never really cared. He trained with his fellow warriors, but that was about it. There has been no reason to go any further.

However, he did find the company of Remi, his fellow S rank warrior. They had a slight symbiotic relationship. She has a problem with keeping her Aur in check, and he helps her with that. However, he hasn't seen any of his fellow warriors at the festival as of yet, but the party was just getting started. Though how long he would stay was still up in the air.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Leaving the faculty building Remi headed toward the festival grounds. She didn't have any morning classes and was glad for that. She never liked getting up early and enjoyed sleeping in. Remi always loved when there was a festival, all the food and entertainment, oh and the dancing. Remi loved the dancing. She often would spend the whole day dancing and some of the night. She wasn't really paying much attention to where she was walking, lost in her own thoughts. Her thoughts mostly being what Targon had said to her about reigning in her aura. She was trying focus on it. He always said it was right there floating on the edge of her skin and if she concentrated she could feel it. He made it sound so easy but she always had such a hard time feeling it. Floating on the edge of her skin, it felt like it was miles away. Whenever she reached for it she couldn't find it. Sometimes it seemed like shadow walking to another island. She had done it a couple of times and struggled with it but still it was easier than grabbing her aura. Once she had a hold of it she was supposed to pull it back into her so it wouldn't project onto others. That part of it was easy. It was the whole sensing the damn aura she couldn't grasp. As she walked she thought she had it and was about to grab it when something collided with her or rather she did with it.

Sitting on the ground she was dazed at first not knowing what happened. Then she realized that she had lost her aura. It wasn't there anymore. “Damnit I was so close.” She mumbled to herself, then looked around to figure out what she had ran into. Gods don't let it be something like a tree or wall and if it was hopefully no one had seen her. Before he was a man holding his hand out to help her. Worse than running into a wall she had crashed right into someone. She didn't recognize man and in the years she had been here she knew just about everyone. “I think I ran into you. I'm sorry.” Remi said, taking his hand and standing up.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The malice in the voice was unmistakable, cutting like a cold knife through the mirage of the haven. A chill went down her spine, and goose pimples raised instantly on her arms, and she tensed once again. Next, panic flooded her, mind racing and spiraling into impossibility after impossibility, each more terrible than the next. (They've come for me) Had she finally snapped, nightmares flooding into reality? (They've come) Had she been discovered (for me)? Had the last year been (They've come) but another test to see when (They have come she could break? What ([i]they've[/]) Harbinger of the end this was, she should have just let (for me) herself--

Calm. Breathe. Assess. Act.

It took no longer for the strange voice to finish its first bout of cackling than for Sen to bring her from gibbering to a tether hold of sense (she had so much practice now, what was one phantasm from another?). Her heart continued to race, it beating like a frantic creature caged within her ribs. One hand rested onto her chested for a moment, before coming down to her side in an almost wistful motion. Calm.

She was not calm. The hold she had over herself (they have come) was tenuous at best, like holding the the most precarious of silk leashes fastened on a skittish beast. It was a tight and wary grip, but one she was practiced with from even before her almost year of freedom. She knew far more dangerous things than cackling bitches, and most of them lived inside her own mind. Breath hissed out from between her lips.Breathe.

There was a good amount of space between herself and where... Monyet was now, so she could likely assume on not having any assistance in whatever this was (Alone again, as always). The being that had appeared was of the typical dark army sort, in that it was strange, vanishing and reappearing like glimmers of light through a rotating crystal. She was no stranger to such things, but to see them here and so suddenly (they've c-- CALM. BREATH) was unsettling. It bore a mask that wasn't unfamiliar to her, but she had little thought to invest now on the whimsies of visual origin. As far as she could tell, this was no mental trap, which meant physical danger. Danger which she was very ill equipped to deal with, as she only had her reinforced gauntlets. She was a fool no to bring her knives, but the teacher had said part of her healing process was to-- (FOCUS). Assess.

"What task is that?" Sen asked, her voice even quieter than normal, shaking slightly in her nerves. She exhaled, forcing herself to begin to walk forward again. She moved briskly through the trees, walking away from the Academy proper and from prying eyes (and ears). Whatever danger this was, it seemed to be after her. She would either conquer it, or be killed and be somewhere where others wouldn't be an appealing option for attack. Her eyes darted around, and she sunk into her racing mind, using it as a bitter tonic to make her senses all the more aware. Fear was a useful tool, if one only knew how to wield it.

Sen prepared herself to strike anything that came near her. She would not hesitate with her strike, no matter what it was that came in her vicinity, nor would she be so kind as to pull her strike. Years or training made sure of that, and the last year was not enough to make her unlearn those instincts. She continued moving forward, turning every so often, before she spoke again. "Do you even know what I am?"

Act.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Co-Op: Yamimoon and ADN

Rai chuckled lightly as the woman said it was her fault for running into him, as he helped pick her up. Looking her over he could tell that she seemed a little uncomfortable, and maybe even embarrassed. Shaking his head in disagreement as he returned his eyes to hers. “There is no way such a beautiful woman such as yourself would ever be at fault for something so trivial. Though I am sure you have broken a couple of hearts in your time.” Rai said as he released her hand, and then reached down to pick up the bag he had dropped. Once he was finished he smiled and looked into her eyes once more. “Are you a member of the Tao, or just a guest visiting as I am?”

Getting to her feet Remi brushed a bit of dirt off her then looked at the man who helped her up. She resisted a low growl in her throat at the sounds of his words thinking that her aura was projecting onto him. It was hard for her to ever trust that someone was just being charming. Her first thought always went straight to her wayward aura. “I am not that pretty.” Remi said, looking past him to the festival grounds. Not that she wanted to run away but she didn’t want her aura to force him into anything. “Yes, I am a apprentice here. You aren’t from around here.” It wasn’t a question more like a statement.

Rai was surprised by her reaction. Most women enjoyed being the center of attraction, but she wasn't too fond of it. Could this be because of her aura? Well nevertheless she seemed to want to go to the festival, since her eyes wandered in that direction. Well at least their destination is the same. Though he wondered if he should tell her that he is not effected by her aura.

“Well you are a warrior in training. Though even if you are a master you never truly know everything.” Rai said as he took a step back, hopefully this would make her more comfortable. “Yes, I am not from around here. I live in the desert to the north. I only come once a year to visit my friend, and enjoy the festivities. Though this year it seems I have found a diamond among the mundane people of the area.” He said as he nodded his head in her direction. “Are you heading to the festival?”

“I don’t have any classes this morning so I thought I would check it out.” Remi said, thinking she might have been a little rude with not giving him her full attention. She just didn’t know how to act around most people. The advise of just be yourself didn’t really work for her. She started walking toward the festival grounds gesturing for him to come with her. “The Northlands, I have never been there. It seems like a strange place from what I have read. So open with nothing around. I’m from the Great Forest, even here is strange. I still haven’t gotten used to being able to see the stars.”

As soon as the girl started to walk to the festival and she motioned for him to fallow. Taking the first step to follow her their conversation continued. “Yes, the Northern Lands are quite desolate if you walk away from the only river that flows through the land. That would be shocker to one that came from the great forest. The abundance of life there is amazing. Though it has been some time since I have been there.” Rai said as he walked by her side. She seemed to be a little more comfortable, but still on edge.

“Though, even the desert has its beauty. The creatures are beautiful, but don't get too close. One bite from most of them, and you would not be coming back from the desert.” Rai said as he didn't know how much she knew of the desert. Such an unforgiving land, and yet so plentiful in life. “Why did you decide to become a warrior, if you don't mind me asking?”

“The forest has it dangers. There are many creatures there that would consider people a tasty snack. Growing up there I had to learn to protect myself, I suppose that is where I first learned to fight. I tried living in the cities but it just didn’t feel right surrounded by all those walls. It must seem strange to feel so free in the denseness of the Great Forest but was always more of a home than I ever knew in the city.” Remi said, thinking it was strange to feel so welcoming around this man. “I only came to the Academy to learn how to control my abilities. I’ve gotten better at fighting and magic but I still struggle with my abilities. Oh I’m Remi by the way.”

“Well that is a surprise. I have never meet someone that had lived in the Great forest since they were a child. Though much like you I never grew up in the main cities, so it is not strange at all. I lived in the outskirts of the desert, where many people didn’t dare come. My family were extremely reclusive. So I didn’t go into the world till was in my upper teens.” Rai said with a smile as he stepped in front of her to stopped her from moving forward. He needed to give her some advice. “You musn't be so critical of you ability. You should learn to accept it, and with time you will learn to get it under control. Forcing yourself to try and control it is what is making it stay out of control.”

Rai said as he went to shake her hand. “It is a pleasure to meet you Remi. My name is Rai, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” He said as his smile went even wider.

“Hi, Rai. It is nice to meet you.” Remi said, thinking about what he told her. Ever since she had become a woman it was hard not to always be aware of her aura’s effects on people. She supposed when she was a child she didn’t have it but now that she thought about it people always treated her different. She recalled a time before she had left the city when she was hungry and had taken some bread from a vendor and gotten caught. The man had been ready to beat her like he did the other street kids who stole from him but he suddenly stopped with no warning. He had let her keep the bread and even told her that she could come by and get the stale bread that couldn’t be sold. He never did that with the other kids.

“Perhaps, it is just hard with what my aura does to people.” Remi said, pausing for a moment and thinking. She didn’t really tell people what she was. Granted she had only known for a couple of years herself, it wasn’t something she shared often. But she felt like she could open up to Rai. There was an appeal to telling a stranger things knowing he wouldn’t be sticking around long. “I’m a Shadow Nymph.”

Nodding his head in agreement. It is hard to trust people if the aura you produce seems to change people. However, his goal was meet. She finally opened up to him, and that was encouraging. He ran his hand through his messy blond hair as if he seemed a little embarrassed. “Well I can understand you wanting to control your Aura. It is quite potent, but no worries. Things like this have little to no effect on someone like me.” He said with a chuckle as he stepped to her side, and and closed his eyes. He thought about what he would say next now that he has told her that he aura has no effect on him. It wasn’t a lie. Things like this don’t work on demons like him.

“Well shadow Nymph’s are a rare sight in the cities. They like to keep to themselves most of the time. Well I am a little abnormal for what I am as well. We don’t have good reputations amongst most races. You see I am a Demon, and people associate us with destruction. That is why my family shunned away from big cities.” Rai said not caring that he has told some of his past. The past is just that the past. It was the future he wished to change. Besides she has no idea of his loyalty, and his real reason for coming to the festival.

A demon here at the Academy was unusual, true not all demons were evil but she hadn’t met many. The Academy was open to a number of races, she really couldn’t think of any that were forbidden, least that she knew of. “I really don’t know much about my people. As you say we like to keep to ourselves so there isn’t much written about us. I’m an orphan, I have never met any other Nymph. I suppose that is why I don’t know how to control my aura, I never learned. Most of my life I didn’t even know what I was.” Remi said, with a smile. It felt good to be talking about her past. As weird as it was to be talking with a demon about it.

“Since we seem to be sharing today. What brings you to the Academy other than the festival?” Remi asked, as they started walking past a few vendors still setting up their stalls. She could smell some of the food being cooked up making her realize she hadn’t had breakfast yet.

Rai chuckled once more when the subject shifted once more. Though it was no secret now that N’allo knew that he had a connection to the Grand Master. Well it won't hurt any way at the moment. “Well to tell the truth I was here to see the Grand Master. We have been friends for years now, and I only get to visit once a year. It is during the festival. So yes I am here for one that more reason.” Rai said as he looked to one of the vendors as they all were still setting up. It was a shame he was really in the mood to eat. “Well that is the two reason I am here. Though you make a good third reason to come and visit.” Rai said as he turned to her and smiled once more.

Remi had met the grandmaster on a number of occasions but she couldn’t say she knew him. Each of the times she had spoken to him had been for official business, to talk about her studies or the troubles she was having with her aura. She was still nervous around him because of his position. The smell of the food was still calling to her making her stomach rumble. Remi excused herself from Rai for a moment and walked over to one of the vendors, a young woman working at a grill. Remi leaned in close to her whispered something that made the woman blush then turn and put together two buns filled with meat and vegetables. The woman handed them to Remi and then gave Remi a kiss. The two of them seemed to argue a bit as Remi tried to give her a couple coins but she refused them. Finally the young woman gave up when Remi leaned in for another kiss and secretly dropped the coins in the woman’s apron. It was a gesture most likely unseen by most watching the two of them.

With the two buns in hand Remi walked back handing one of them to Rai. “You have to try these Farrah makes the best food.” Remi said, she was well acquainted with the young cook and usually stuck around for breakfast whenever she stayed the night.

Watching as Remi worked her magic on the woman at the stall, and got some food for the both of them. Byt the way the young lady blushed it looked like they have had time together in bed. He just smiled as she handed him the bun. He smiled as he took the offering. Taking a bite of the bun, the taste was everything that Remi said it would be. “Well this is the best thing I have had in awhile. Thanks for buying it. Though shouldn’t it be the other way around?” Rai asked as he took another bite. “By the way why are so so hell bent on forcing control of your aura? I know that if you try and force something into submission it fights back. Your power is the same way. It is a part of you, and it will fight for its right to be allowed. Maybe if you come to terms with yourself, you might be able to assume control. That is if you truly want to control your power?”

“It can be frustrating at times. I never really know if someone likes me or if it just because it is my aura. Being around people and not knowing is hard. And then there are people who don’t have strong wills. It is like they are practically throwing themselves at me.” Remi said, knowing this was one of the main reason she avoided cities. At the Academy the majority of the people there were well trained and they weren’t easily swayed by her aura. In the cities you had people with little or no training. They couldn’t resist her aura. “I’m cursed to have many lovers but never actually know what love is. Maybe this is why Nymphs are so reclusive.”

Rai could understand her predicament, though he has never actually had her problem he could imagine it. That wouldn’t be a way to live. However, she hasn't seen the advantage of her ability, but now was not the time nor the place to tell her what advantages her ability hold. “I am sure that one day you will see the results of your training. It will take time since you aren't wanting to wait for it to naturally come into place. Don’t worry to much.” Rai said as he finished his dumpling, and stepped in front of Remi once more.

“Nymphs use their power the way they want, and that is what you should do. Though don’t lose hope that you will understand your power.” Rai said as he smiled. He could imagine everything he could accomplish with a power like hers. Oh how reforming the would would be easy if the world could just fall in love with the one wanting to take over. So many possibilities were swimming through his head, but for now she was his enemy in a way. Though she might be able to be swayed if given the right circumstances. “Have faith in yourself, and your power.”

“Thanks for the advice. It is good to hear something other than how I am not getting it when I should be.” Remi said, most of her tutoring on her aura had been about how she needed to control it and she wasn’t focusing enough. It hadn’t been working so far. As Rai said perhaps maybe she just needed to give it time and let it come naturally. She finished her bun as well, unable to help from licking the bit of juice from her fingers. It was just so tasty and she didn’t want to waste any of it. “I’m not usually one that likes meeting new people but I am glad I met you Rai.” Remi said.

“Well I am glad that I was able to help even if t was only a little. Sometimes hearing someone else's opinion is the key to finding the truth.” Rai said as he continued to find out more about the young lady in front of him. She seemed very interesting, and he wanted to know more, but there was time to get to know her. For now he just needed to stay calm, and work on her a little more. “It was fate that brought us together, and that might have been for the benefit of us both.” Rai said as he tilted his head in an innocent way.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You have to wake up. Your fight isn't over yet. You can't just lie here and die. Wake up.... Wake up... Wake up... WAKE UP, DAMNIT!

This voice echoed inside of Devvin's mind as his body was motionless on the cool earth beneath him,

YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE FOR YOU TO DO. DON'T DIE ON ME......... son.

A breath of life suddenly surged through Devvin's body and he rose from the ground, gasping for air. It seemed like hours, maybe even days before he regained consciousness. Turns out, only about 40 minutes passed as his sense of time was completely shot. He slowly gathered himself off of the ground and began to weep. "Was that voice my... father," Devvin thought as he was holding back his tears. "He was right. I have to keep pushing forward and not let anything stand in my way!" Devvin brushed himself off and peeked through the vines of the small hut, making sure the woman who had attacked him earlier was out of sight. He began to leave the hut until he saw two shadowy figures in the mist.

"You have failed your mission...," the burly voice exclaimed, "failure is unforgivable." Devvin was suddenly struck by an ominous feeling of dread as he saw the two figures talking. His eyes grew wide and his stomach was in knots when he saw the large figure decapitate the other. He could see the shadow of the head hit a tree and the blood that was protruding from the body. He let out a loud gasp and suddenly clasped his mouth shut as he didn't want to be noticed... but it was too late for that. The large figure suddenly turned into his direction and immediately began to charge for Devvin.

This person... this thing... it seemed too powerful for Devvin to take on his own, so he began to run as fast as he could down the Great Forest path. Heavy footsteps followed closely behind Devvin as he was running, slowly began to catch up with him. What seemed like a good 15 minutes of running, Devvin found himself standing face-to-face with this being in the Heart of The Forest.

"All that running is gonna wear you out kid," the voice said, "I might just have to put you out of your misery." This person was mighty tall with distinct physical features. A massive creature with barbs on his hands and a stout presence about him. "For what it's worth, I'm known as Terrator the Enforcer," he said with a smile, "but you won't remember much after I bash your puny skull into the dirt."

Devvin began to shiver in fear. He had never thought he'd be face-to-face with such a person who gave off such a sordid aura. This aura felt evil, but not the kind of present day evil. There was something ancient about this feeling that Devvin couldn't put his finger on, but he had no time to wallow in this moment... he knew he had to fight for his life.

"I don't know who you are, but I will not die here!" Devvin exclaimed as he started to gather water around him. Instantly he began to turn the water into a powerful stream that had the pressure of cutting through stone. With a wave of his hand, he sent the torrent of water at Terrator, hoping to deal some damage... but it was no use. Terrator just laughed as he pushed the water aside and began to glow a dark purple. "You little brat. Let me show you what real magic is," Terrator said as he gave a very toothy grin. The barbs that were on his arms seemed to shoot foward, grabbing Devvin by his waist. The barbs dug deep into Devvin's skin and latched onto his bone. He knew he couldn't escape this magic. With a swift motion, Terrator yanked Devvin's body towards and connected a massive blow to his torso. Devvin screamed in agony as the punch connected, causing his sternum to crack slightly. As he went flying through the air, he connect with a tree behind him which had a mighty impact on his spine. Spitting up blood, he slowly rose from the ground but was unable to keep a steady stance. This wasn't looking good for him at all, so he knew he had to try to escape.

"Luminous Break". Devvin muttered the spell and rays of light began to shine in the forest. The light refracted off of the moisture that was in the air and conjured several little rainbows. The colors of the rainbow burst and Devvin had vanished. The temperature of the forest began to rise and the rain in the forest began to evaporate. Confused, Terrator contemplated on what kind of spell Devvin was using until he figured out the ploy. "You kids and your pesky light magic," Terrator exclaimed in a ghastly manner, "it really pisses me off!" Without a word, Terrator sent a ball of dark wind energy into the sky which made contact with Devvin, sending him back to the ground where was motionless.

"How did he see through my magic," Devvin asked as he was on the ground once again, unable to move. This dark energy was surging through his body binding him to the earth, rendering him useless. Blood began to ooze from the corners of his mouth as he was badly injured. His body wouldn't cooperate with him as he tried to force himself to get up... but his efforts were useless.

Terrator began to approach Devvin's body, cracking his knuckles as he was about to end his life. "The darkness is returning, and you'll be the first of many sacrifices to our cause." As he began to raise his fist, the air pulsated with dark energy that formed a blade. "There is no hope for you now. Your body will bleed into this earth and this forest will begin to corrupt. This is an honor for you! Your blood will set our plan into motion, now DIE!" Terrator began to drive the blade into Devvin's heart until he was stopped by an angelic force. The light wrapped around Terrator's wrist and began to sear his skin. As this light began to shift, it threw Terrator into a tree causing several branches to fall on top of him.

Your plan is futile. The darkness will never win and Devvin will NOT PERISH BY YOUR HAND!

The light began to consume Devvin, slowly lifting his body off of the ground. "Your wounds will be healed child. Rest now, and you will awaken refreshed and out of harms way."

The light faded and so did Devvin's body.

Slowly regaining consciousness, he rose from what seemed to be a bed. He was wrapped in a warm blanket and was left a cup of hot tea next to him. He slowly shifted his weight to sit up in the bed. He began to gaze out of the window that was across the room, watching all the life within the town. What sounded like fireworks were soaring through the sky and illuminating the slowly darkening sky. He had no idea where he was, but he knew that he was in the care of someone... he knew that he was safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast