Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return {IC - M}

Dancing to LOTR music with my pets dragons on the cusp of no where land.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, romance, quest/adventure, sci-fi(sometimes), mythology
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Where are you going?" Agnes's old, scratchy voice spoke up right behind Laika, who was bent over, stuffing her pack with more provisions even though she'd only just gotten back home. She didn't answer the old woman and she heard Agnes sigh behind her. "The Festival. I should have known. You know that's just asking for trouble. I tell you this every year," she scoffed, her feet scuttling across the floor as she moved around beside Laika.

The younger girl finally looked up, giving Agnes an exasperated look. "And every year, nothing happens," she shot back.

"If nothing happens, why go?" Agnes asked, a smug look on her face. Laika's eyes narrowed at the woman's skill of twisting the meaning of her words.

"Because the vendors' snacks are better than your cooking. I you can you even call that food?" She looked away from Agnes again and filled the last of her pack.

"Big words for someone who just stashed her bag full of my 'non-food' food." She scoffed.

Laika hefted her pack onto her shoulder and stood up. Agnes wasn't like most older women, short, hunched over and frail looking. She stood half a foot taller than Laika and carried herself with poise, almost like she'd been a noblewoman in her past before she'd learned what she was and had bonded with her spirit. Then again, there was no real way of knowing exactly what the old woman looked like since that was her spirit's specialty. Shape-shifting.

She shot Agnes a sarcastically sweet smile and tilted her head, "The food that I collected, and cleaned, and cooked, and preserved. This is my food. In case you've forgotten, it's what you've been living off of for years now because even you don't like your cooking. There's enough to last you another week or two. I'll probably be back by then," she finished off, waving her hand dismissively.

"You ungrateful-"

Laika turned and shot the old woman a hard look. "Careful. I'm not a child anymore," she said quietly, her voice low.

And this is why I don't understand why you ever come back, Jing sighed in the back of her mind but she ignored the wolf.

"You'll be fine. You always are." Laika said finally, turning and walking out of the woman's hut before she could respond. She pulled on the magic from the Bond, summoning Jing to her side. Wisps of the familiar, cold, ethereal smoke streamed around her feet and sprawled out away from her. It swirled up into the air, creating the undeniable form of a wolf that quickly solidified. Jing stood there, staring back at her with impassive eyes, their three tails swaying like they were still made from the smoke. She offered her Bonded wolf a genuine smile as she approached them, reaching out with her hand to thread her fingers in the silky fur. "Are you ready?" She asked, grinning.

I'm ready for the run. But not for the humiliation that comes with acting like your damn personal mule. Jing's voice resounded stronger in her mind than usual, but despite the wolf's words, it bowed down, making it easier for Laika to jump up on its back.

"Awe, but you make such a pretty mule," she said cheerily as she positioned herself comfortably, leaning forward and grasping Jing's fur tightly.

I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that, the wolf said dryly as they sped off into the dense foliage of the Western forest, in the direction of Macao Island.

Due to Jing's speed and infallible stamina they covered the distance faster than any horse could, but Laika was beginning to tire from using the magic for so long. She felt her hair sticking to the back of her neck, sweating from the exertion of both clinging to Jing's back with her legs and from the constant pull from the magic. But the academy was finally in view off in the distance. Just a little further and she'd be in the middle of the festival. It wasn't the crowd she was looking forward to, but the food. The vendors that lined the streets at these festivals always had the most exotic treats. She patted Jing lightly, the wolf immediately slowed to a stop and she swung her right leg over their back, sliding down their side. Her feet landed in the grass silently and she stretched.

"Thanks," she sighed happily, breathing in deeply. She could already smell the aromas wafting up from the stalls.

The run was pleasant. Jing answered, she could feel the joy in the wolf's voice as their form began to dissipate into fog. Laika nodded in agreement and walked the rest of the way to the festival. She had a plan, to grab something and then retreat back into the outskirts of the crowd. And just keep with that tactic. Being surrounded by people didn't exactly give her a sense of security. She pulled her cloak sleeves down, ensuring to cover her mark as she went about her business.
    I don't suffer from RPAddiction. I love every minute of it!

"You scream. I scream. We all scream 'cause we're terrified... Of what's around the corner."
    Spoiler: Yup yup 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"You know what to do right?"

"Yes sir. I am fully aware."

"We must be sure this does not get out of hand."

"I understand fully, it will not be a repeat."

"A repeat like last time you mean? By far I surely hope not."

A cloaked figure stood to the man before him. The man was shaded in shrouds of leaves and darkness. The man was sure not to show his face or any of his body aside from a pale white hand in which he only pointed. The cloaked figure only bowed to the man kneeling in respect. He knew this was no joke and the one before him was in charge. Failing this mission would only cause a great matter of things. And he was not one to fail so easily. Before turning the man spoke again.

"Need I not remind you what happens to failures? Consequences per say of your loss."

A nod was made from the cloaked figure as he pulled his hood showing his pale green eyes. His stare was cold as if he was glaring towards the shaded man and only focused his gaze on the shadow of the man. He knew what lied before him if he failed and this time it would not be a failure. He could not afford to fail this time and he would never let himself live through the last time.

"Failure is not an option. It shall be done."

With the final statement he headed out the door and onto a platform stuck high in the trees. The sun was beating down showing his own pale skin. It was obvious he didn't get much sun on his form but that was his job. To stay hidden in the shadows and to take out his targets as need be without being seen. He looked to the vine that lead to the lower levels and rushed over jumping on it pulling a hook from his side pouch to grasp onto the vine. Once attached, he slid down quickly and plunged directly into the trees below. Instantly, he released his hook and planted his figure directly onto a branch and began descending to the earth. He knew where his target would be, he knew where everything would go down. He just needed to make his action and take out the target with a quickened pace. If there was survivors that would mean there was witnesses and he could not let a single witness be seen or live.

Alagos rushed through the forest shifting in and out between them at a quickened pace. He needed to get there as fast as he could so he had time to prep. He continued this movement until he came across a rutted path that had been clearly used for many years. Once he was there he looked about and found his perch. Slipping on a pair of gloves that held little tiny spikes across the front, he quickly scaled the tree each time he grabbed the trunk the set of spikes dug into the bark allowing him to quickly reach his ideal height. Once he was a good twelve feet in the air, Alagos pulled his bow from around his figure and notched an arrow. He crouched on the branch and waited quietly.It would be a long but good three hours away before he would see a face but the satisfaction of his target falling at the strike of his bow was worth it in the end. With a soft smile the man spoke and adjusted in his spot.
    "Now we wait..."

The time passed by rather quickly as he kept an eye out seeing the occasional merchant cross paths as well as the common traveler. After a good while, his target had appeared. Dressed in a red outfit surrounded by three other men, this lady was truly a remarkable beauty but she had to be eliminated. Alagos un-notched his arrow and reached back grabbing three more arrows adjusting them in between his fingers, two between his pinky and ring finger, one between his ring and middle while keeping the notched one between his middle and index fingers. Adjusting the bow to aim directly at the man in the rear, Alagos took a deep breathe and released launching the arrow directly for the first target. Upon releasing his first arrow, he quickly shifted his fingers throwing the next arrow up in line. After notching it he quickly pulled back and released aiming for the next target. With a quick pace, one dropped directly after another. The man in the rear was struck directly in the chest piercing his heart while the other took the moment to glance over to the falling man he was pierced in the throat dropping him as well. The third guy was in panic looking around quickly drawing his blade. With a quick motion of the fingers, he notched yet a third arrow and let it fly his eyes widening. As they widened a glistening light could be seen in the pupils as a gust of wind pushed the back of the arrow causing it to speed up and spin giving the arrow a much faster piercing and striking the third man in the chest sending him straight to the ground. Alagos smiled and licked his lips enjoying the sight of the guards dropping. Now was the final target. Not to any surprise he watched as she began running and smiled.
    "No....No please don't run....."
    "Actually no please do run, makes it a bit more fun."

Notching his final arrow he aimed directly to the female in red and released the arrow striking her directly in the knee cap. Seeing her buckle at the leg that was struck, blood splattering over the ground. Alagos grinned with this looked around to be sure nobody else was around, she was down for the count and wasn't running anywhere with a knee like that. Now no more witnesses were around to see him, he took aim once more pulling an arrow from his quiver and sent one last arrow directly into the females back. His job was complete, now was for the clean up duty. It was always the worst part but it was what needed to be done. He only had to drag them off course a few feet and cover the body with leaves and leave it for the rest. His other 'family' would take over from that point.

Making quick pace he quickly disposed of the bodies and stopped to his 'target' body. Shaking his head he smiled looking down at her before taking a white cloth and wiping up a bit of her blood with it. This was a trophy of the sort to show he had made the kill and his mission was complete. From the point of finishing his mission he returned to the cloaked figure and turned in his cloth. He would not fail again and this was just another point to prove his loss before hand would be a blemish and excluded from his life. The mission was finished and he was left only to wonder what his next mission would be to follow.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There was still so much to see at the festival, and Rai was more interested in the girl than the festivities. The woman in front of him seemed to not like people and interactions, but she toliated him for the time being. It was interesting on how easily it was to get her to open up even though she was not a people person. Fate had dealt him an interesting card, and there was so much he still could talk to her about. However, now was not the time.

With the revelation of what happened between N’allo and Severins there was a lot of damage control that he would need to do. The young man was nothing to him, and that tool was not going to become a hassle. Besides the attacks should be starting soon, and the official declaration of war will be sounded. Clearing his throat he looked at Remi with a smile.

“Well the time is short, and the festivities are to get into full swing soon. Unfortunately I have to conclude our little conversation for the moment. There was one other order of business that I must conclude before I am permitted to continue my enjoyment of the festivities.” He said as he reached into his bag and shuffled around to find a special gift for the young Nymph. Pulling out a one inch long amathis from his bag he handed the crystal to her.

“I so enjoyed your company, and would like to stay in touch. This is a Seer's stone. This will allow you to contact me, and I you. If you ever need me, or just want to talk hold the stone and say my name. The stone will call to me, and I will answer.” He said as he waited for her to take the stone.

-----

Yuma had been around the festival just as the concession stands opened up. He was able to get a couple of snacks, but his favorite food was still closed for the moment. He loved shaved ice, and they were not ready to open, and he would have to wait. That was the worst part waiting. He was a patent person, but that didn’t mean that he liked to wait for anything. Especially since the day was already starting to warm up. Granted it wouldn't bother him too much since the weather was just starting to get warmer during the day, but still he was not a big fan of this time of the year.

He stood the third in line for the shaved ice, as he was chewing on some dehydrated meat. It seemed like something had broken in the machines they were using, and that bumed him out. They wouldn’t be able to open up for about another two hours, and he just shook his head in disappointment. “Well I will definitely be back.” Yuma said as he walked away form the stand for now.

Then something caught his eye. Well in all reality it was someone. As he looked at the young lady something seemed familiar about her. Though he was unable to put his finger on why, she just felt familiar. Deciding to walk over to her, since she was in line for one of the many concession stand. Staying to the side as he watched her get her food. She almost looked like she just arrived and her deep ebony hair almost shimmered in the afternoon sun.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Underblank and Siks co-op

Another busy day in the Infirmary. The words listed through the tired mind of Aziara. She wasn't as combat oriented as some of her comrades or students. Her personality and magic were best suited helping out here cheering up homesick children and giving some unlucky Taoist monks who fell down the stairs something else to listen to than their own thoughts.

She was carrying a cup of healing herbs to Devvin's bed. He was just dropped off looking like he tried to fight a herd of Rhino's with his bare hands. They were classmates and had sparred together a few times, and the Tiefling knew he was smarter than to do something like that. So she was sure there was more to it than that, but she'd leave deciding the what up to Grandmaster Xion and N'allo.

She arrived at his bed side and smiled softly.
    "Hey there Devvin, how're you feeling?" She placed the herbs on the nightstand besides the tea and sat in the chair besides the bed.

“Hey there Devvin. How are you feeling?”... This voice sounded vaguely familiar as his memory was still a fog from his recent injuries. “I’ve seen better days, but this pain will soon pass,” he said with a smile. That faint smile of his ignited the memories that were clouded and slowly they started flooding in. He slowly started to recognize his classmate; he finally knew it was Aziara.

“My goodness, I can’t tell you how nice it is to see a familiar face, but can you tell me exactly where I am? All I remember is being attacked in the forest by two people, then the rest went black.”

Aza giggled lightly at the man's recognition of her. She took the herbs and opened his shirt some to apply the soothing green plants to his angry looking wounds. Though the sound of the giggle faded when he mention the attackers.
    "Hmm to be honest I don't really now. You just kind of appeared at the gates to the Temple and the Monks brought you here to the Infirmary. You've been unconscious for a few hours, Healer Mizzi wasn't even sure you'd wake up before next week. Do you remember anything else? Once you're able we must find N'allo or the Grandmaster and report the incident."

Devvin let out a smile of relief, but also a mild squeak as the herbs touched his wounds. The sting helped him remember the trauma he had endured earlier that day. “Yeah... now that you mention it... more of my memory is coming back. First it was some woman who was trying to assassinate me and stabbed me with a poisoned dagger. I managed to get the poison out, then I was attached by some statue of a man... I believe he said his name was Terrator the Enforcer and was talking about my blood concentrating the forest for some plot of his. All I know is I was lucky to have survived and that I have to train twice as hard now... speaking of training, when can I get back on my feet?”

He slowly pushed himself and tried to stand, but his muscles wouldn’t cooperate. He immediately fell back onto the bed and griped a little bit as he felt defeated. “I really can’t stay in this bed much longer, Aza. I feel restless and I feel like I need to do something other than laying in a bed.”

The Bard shushed him gently placing her hand on his chest keeping him in place on the bed before reapplying the herbs.
    "Whoa there big guy, Healer Mizzi gave us strict orders to keep you in bed at least until the Grandmaster can speak with you. Even with our magic and medicine you'll be taking it easy for a couple of days." She finished applying the herbs then placed the bowl down taking up the still warm tea. "Here drink this it'll help you sleep, and sleep is essential for the healing process." She handed him the tea smiling. "I can play some music for you to keep you from boredom if you wish."

Devvin grew frustrated as Aza placed her hand on his chest to keep him in place, but he knew she meant well. “I guess I’ll take your word on this one Aza, but you of all people should know I’m a bit more stubborn than most. I’ll eventually find a way out of this bed... just you wait,” he said with a cheesy grin. He hasn’t felt this relieved since his journey through the forest and he knew that he was in good hands. “If you don’t mind, could you play a song to aid me to sleep? I think that might be just what I need after what I’ve been through, and don’t forget to make it EXTRA soothing,” Devvin said as he slowly began to sip on the medicinal tea that was handed to him. A smile grew upon his face as he nestled into the blankets and slowly melded with the serene energy that was flowing through the room.

The woman laughed pulling her lute from her back and tuning it slightly.
    "Well then I'll have to get my clothes dirty dragging you back to bed. And Healer Mizzi will knock you out with her patented sleep sand." She made herself comfortable in the chair then began strumming a simple relaxing song. She put some of her magic into the strings allowing it to bring peace and calm to Devvin if he wished it.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-10-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Looking at the stone Remi marveled at its beauty, the morning light shown on the purple stone reflecting different colors on her palm, reminding her of the color of her eyes. Had Rai thought of that specifically or was it just a coincidence? “Thank you.” Remi said, then waved to Rai letting him go off to whatever business he had. She wandered off still looking at the stone, she had heard of seer stones but had never actually used one. In her palm she could feel the magic emitting from it. The power it had wasn’t strong but it was enough to notice. She pulled a thin strip of leather that was wrapped around her braces off and wrapped it around the stone. Once it was securely wrapped she tied the stone onto her necklace with the other trinkets there, a few animal teeth, a couple totems and anything else that had caught her eye. The stone hung nicely with the mismatched items.

More people were starting to show up for the festival, both patrons and vendors. She watched as shop after shop opened and people milled around. Across from the vendors Remi watched as a band set up with an area being cleared out for dancing. A wooden floor had been laid out so dancers wouldn’t have to worry about uneven ground. It wouldn’t do to have someone catch their foot in a gopher hole and get hurt. Especially with some of the fast songs the band was known for playing. Remi loved watching the dancers but rarely ever joined in. Always afraid of her aura projecting on others. Rai’s words sat with her, “Nymphs use their power the way they want, and that is what you should do”. Ever since learning she was a Nymph and coming to the academy she had done just the opposite of that. She had trusted that to tutors here knew what they were doing but none of them were Nymphs. How could they know how her powers worked? It wasn’t normal magic, it didn’t work the same. She knew that their training methods weren’t working.

As the band finished tuning their instruments Remi moved her way to the dance floor where she began swaying to the sounds that weren’t quite music yet. The flutist was the first to finish tuning and started playing as he noticed Remi on the dance floor. He played for a while then nudged the violinist nodding to Remi. Soon the whole band had been alerted to her dancing and was in full swing. All the while Remi danced, at first she was just swaying to the music then she found her feet tapping along with the beat in sort of a jig. It was a couple minutes more before she caught the eye of a few of the other festival goers. She was joined by a few couples dancing on the floor, causing Remi to notice. Normally this would have been when she slipped off the dance floor to watch from a distance but determined to try embracing her powers Remi stayed. A young couple broke apart from each other, both heading towards the warrior woman. Remi found her arms linked in the woman’s arms as they twirled around the dance floor. The man watched the two of them briefly then he disappeared until Remi felt his hand on her shoulder. The man’s other hand wrapped around both the women’s hands, the three of them twirling around the dance floor. Remi found herself laughing aloud and throughlly enjoying herself as she let go of all her worries about her aura. Instead as Rai encouraged, she embraced it.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Hecklar v Sen (in which Sen proves she is not always an intelligent child).

“The question is do you know what I am,” Hecklar spoke his ghostly form moving around Sen creating the illusion that he was in more than one place at that time. Her fear fed him, her uncertainty gave him strength and he relished in it. She was weak, she would be the first picked off in the great battle and he would be happy to do the plucking. Appearing out of thin air, Hecklar plummeted towards Sen his scythe shooting out aimed at Sen’s midsection.

---

Calm. Breathe. Assess. Act.

She could feel the forest ground beneath her feet. Feel the roots through the soft leather soles of her shoes. The air around her still ached with life, with vibrancy in opposition of the one against her. She took that sensation in. Tasted it. When she had first come here, the scent was so alien and pungent, but now…

Breath.

The Dark Army Member spoke again, and she stopped abruptly, feeling her feet dig into the ground beneath her. The question was turned back onto her. A riposte of words that was as jarring as a physical strike. She did know the mask, memories from her past tugging at her mind like a long abandoned fishing line. (It’s not relevant.)

“I don’t recall. You don’t seem too important,” Sen said, as she exhaled. She was well grounded now, her head tilting and twisting to follow the phantasmic motions of her enemy. Another obstacle to be removed. That is all this was. (you haven’t changed at all)

The strike came quicker than expected, so quickly she didn’t have proper time to formulate a counter. She propelled her body away from where the strike was coming from, feet staggering across the ground. Her breath came quickly now, heart beating a frantic dance against her ribcage.

She had not moved quickly enough to completely avoid the strike. She could feel warm air directly against the skin of her stomach from the cut cloth, and a thin razor line of pain from where the blade grazed her skin. Pain.

(Another thing forgotten, blood begetted from a mortal peril.)

Sen gathered herself quickly, bringing herself back into balance and recentering her stance. She was being played with. She knew the routine well. Even so, part of her mind still screamed out in panic, to simply run, but she knew that would result in nothing more than a pathetic death. She had defied the Dark Army before, and she would do it again now.

Act

As she regained her footing, she lunged forward, sweeping out one hand to grab the pole of the scythe with a decisive snap of motion of quick action, and move both blade and pole out of play. If the enemy did not vanish from her hold, she would step in again for an uppercut blow on that stupidly familiar mask, pulling on the weapon as well to add even more drive to the punch. It was a move of reasonable force (which would have been deadly with her blades).

Regardless if the enemy vanished then or after she made her attack (it would be foolish not to), Sen would leap back and gather herself again. (She would not run she would not run she would not run she would not….)

Calm

---

Hecklar was quite impressed by the tenacity Sen showed. Like a cornered dog she was willing to fight back and it put a smirk on the wicked jester’s face, though the mask hid any sign of emotion. Hecklar watched the thin razor line slowly appear on Sen’s flesh, but when Sen reacted by lunging forward and grabbing his scythe, he let out a cackle. She was attacking him as if he were some low level minion of the Darkness, of the Beast. Hecklar allowed his scythe to be snatched away though it vanished into smoke the moment it left his hand. When her fist came rushing towards his face, his own hand intercepted and blocked the fist with amazing speed. Another cackle escaped Hecklar’s throat as he watched her jump back, probably to gather herself after her failed attempt at attacking him. The scythe fell into the earth beside Hecklar and he slowly placed his hand around the pole.

“You will have to do better than that if you expect to live little girl,” Hecklar spoke pulling the blade of the scythe out of the earth and swinging it towards Sen. A surge of corrupt dark energy shot forward slicing through anything in its way. Hecklar vanished.

---

(ShitshitshitshitshitshitshitSHIT)

Again the enemy cackled, the sound an antithesis of all that was around her. All had gone silent except the sound of their struggle, making the sounds seem all the more cacophonous. They were jarring to her, painful, the sounds of her foes jeers, and the fact that her own labored breath paired too well against it.

Her attack did not connect, the enemy dropping the Scythe so her attack could be defended against (a note to make for later, if she survived much longer). It was a good thing she had leapt back then. Her next attack would have to be more clever--

The enemy began talking again an preparing the next attack. They were still relatively close together, but this time she didn’t have to contend with the attack coming off a teleportation. As the second horizontal slice came, Sen also moved. Forward.

Her intent was to duck under the attack, and come up behind the enemy. From there she would move to trip the enemy. She did anticipate the movement path if the attack, but not the wave of energy that came with it.

The energy seared like heart of a raging bonfire, and lingered like the angry buzzing of a thousand bees try to emerge from the wound. And that was only catching the edge of the energy wave, her lingering arm from dodging under the blade being exposed to it. The sleeve on her arm disintegrated immediately, and she felt the anger of the energy after that.

(you know what this is)

(SHITshitshit)

She should run.

(But she had been running for so long already.)

Even though Sen did carry through with her attempt to trip (which did not connect, as the enemy had vanished), she would remain still after that, gasping again. It seemed no matter how much she tried to take in the air around her, it would not enter-- it refused to enter and she feeling cold, so cold now, so different and alien once again in these alien woods and it was because she remembered, oh did she remember--

“Hecklar,” Sen said between her gasps (shitshitshit).

---
    “You speak my name informally child,” Hecklar stated appeared directly in front of Sen. His glowing red eyes piercing through any veil. “It is sad that Murdoc does not wish your death unless you disobey. I ask you this one thing, will you return to your outpost or will your soul forever live in my blade?”

Hecklar’s voice was steady, there was no laughter. He was sent by Murdoc to retrieve Sen, to return her to the outpost that she’d abandoned when she turned her back on them. She was of no importance to Hecklar, she did not contain the things he felt a warrior of darkness needed, but Murdoc had given the order and he was here.

“The consequences of your betrayal is DEATH; however, our leader has chosen to spare you if you return.”

---

(No one would care if you were to disappear)

Cold. Again. Was she not fated to know a life of summer’s warmth? Even the ground under her hands no longer felt warm. Or was it just the pain from her wounds that erased all other sensations, like a shade of black washing out all other colors in a painting? The strange thing was that the wounds were so minor, but she had grown soft-- so very, very soft…

(calm. breathe. asses. act)

--but she couldn’t breathe--

(not calm either)

Calmess came before breathing--

--NOT the time to discuss this--

Hecklar stood before her, an imposing shadow wreathed by destruction. Behind the Admin was only ruin from the dark energy, as if those things simply ceased being, replaced by lifeless ash that dare not even imitate life, even as a gentle breeze filtered through the branches.

(She could feel the wind on her face. It was warm.)

She was not prepared to let this go. No one else mattered.

Sen remained on the ground, fingers intertwining into the ground below ([i[was that a hint of warmth she now felt?[/i]). This time, she did not care for the dirt beneath her nails. Her breathing was still rapid, but she no longer felt as if the world were closing in around her, no longer felt the chill barbs of winter distort her mind into chaos.

Something that Hecklar said stuck in her mind, like the tugging on long forgotten loose thread. Locked away memories rose in fragmented glints in her mind, only the briefest flashes lingering in her mind long enough to comprehend, talks of plans and strategies and contingencies spoken in hushed voices as she once again returned to the room again to be pushed and pushed and torn and--

Breathe

------
    “What is your choice? I grow tired of waiting,” Hecklar spoke again, the blade of his scythe shimmering in the sunlight. He knew that if he took her life he would have to explain to Murdoc why he had to, but Murdoc would probably punish him for failing his mission. It was no worse than attempting to convince a runaway to rejoin their dark cause. Hecklar knew the complications of this mission, but when he was chosen for the task, he took it gracefully. He never turned down a test of his power. Hecklar was ranked as one of the most powerful in the Admins. He was second only to Mahli who was a dangerous being. An ice harpy bred in the southern tundra, wings as sharp as razors with talons to match. He could cleave the head off his enemy with a swift movement and not question his morals in doing so. Hecklar envied his thirst for destruction. “Speak now child!”

---

Sen looked up. She hadn’t realized she hadn’t said anything yet. Her eyes focused once again onto the figure in front of her (an enemy). Very slowly, she uncurled herself from the ground, expression blanking out to neutral.

(Calm. Breath.)

She had no other choice.

“I… I…” Her voice was no more than the barest whisper. Slowly, slowly, the girl struggled to stand. One foot at a time, pausing a moment hunched over, and then standing on unsteady feet. Her breathing slowed itself now. Steady, long breaths that still rattled at the edges in desperate sounds. “I will…”

She reached out an unsteady hand-- a beseeching gesture-- before staggering forward, her hands seeming to be heading toward the ground, and--

“Not.” Sen’s hand rested for the briefest moment on the blade of the scythe. “Fuck. You.”

Her focus shifted, going to those of her skills, of half practiced strategies that had ended far too soon, but she knew the beginning of the process well enough. To unlock anything was the talent that had damned her to a life of hell, but perhaps it would also be what saved her now. What was the difference between the unlocking of an object, and the unlocking of a legion of souls within a cursed blade?

Sen had focused her Skeleton Key ability into Hecklar’s Scythe, aiming to release souls trapped there. Whatever disaster was to follow, it was certain to not be the most pleasant of things for either party.

---

Hecklar blinked a few times as Sen gave her response. He watched her with an amused look on his face as she seemed to stumble forward before placing her hand on the blade of the scythe. Did she forget that they knew of her abilities? She was once a part of the collective, but now she had joined the side Hecklar fought so fiercely. Her Skeleton Key ability would backfire, for as powerful as the ability was, it stood no chance in releasing anything from the scythe. Protected by powerful dark magic, there would be nothing more than a large explosion, harming only the one who cast the spell. Dust and debris flew in all directions as the blade of the scythe smoked. Hecklar looked at the destruction the explosion had caused and began to laugh.

“Did you honestly think a gift from the Beast would succumb to such magic? You haven’t even mastered the core techniques of that ability,” Hecklar spoke as he lifted the scythe, preparing to finish Sen off once and for all. “You have chosen your path, and now it shall be riddled with blood.”

---

(fuck)

(she had never failed before)

There was an absence of the normal sensation when her Skeleton Key ability succeeded. The normal heady rush was absent, instead replaced with sensation of pure dread. Sen instantly (instinctively) brought her arms in front of her in a guard position, but it was not quick enough. It did not matter. The dark energy lashed out at her with a ferocity that all her previous experiences of pain pale in comparison.

Her body was thrown back from Hecklar from the blast, and with that came a feeling like a thousand angry hornets writhing beneath her skin, all buzzing and biting and stinging at once. She wanted to scream (oh, how she wanted to scream). But it seemed even that release was beyond her. The already mangled outer layer of the clothes she wore disintegrated further, leaving welt like burns along her arms and parts of her face and singing away the ends of her hair.

The impact of her body on the ground felt like landing in a cloud in comparison to the agony of everything else, having landed several yards away from the explosion. She only had vague sensations of things now, and all the while her mind began to scream. To run. To stay and let the pain end. To get back up and fight again.

She was not calm. She could not breathe.

(failure)

I refuse.

Sen forced her eyes open (when had they closed? Although red tinged darkness was much more preferable than the assault of savage color now). She would not face this death blind. She would defy it as she had defied everything else, until she had nothing else. Hazy shapes danced across her field of vision, phantasms of pain and reality merging into a horrific nightmare born into reality. She felt her body ricochet between burning and freezing but still…

but still.

Her eyes remained open, fixed and fierce onto a slowly defining shape in her vision. She knew who it was, and what it meant. Slowly, and so slightly, she dug her fingers into the ground. Feeling the dirt, the warmth, the life. Death had visited her so many times before, but at least this time, it was in a beautiful place.

(calm. breath. assess.

accept.)

---

Hecklar’s scythe sliced through the air barreling towards Sen to end her suffering, but instead of flesh, instead of blood, the scythe struck the ground and Hecklar reeled in response. Sen was gone. Hecklar smirked. The girl had spunk, she had managed to escape him, yet he was uncertain as to how. He had her on the ropes, there was no way she had enough energy to relocate without him sensing it. How did she escape him? His eyes narrowed but he would find his answer, perhaps sooner than later. Hecklar’s presence dissipated into nothing as he returned back to base.

---

--but then, it was not to be.

The final blow did not come, and the pain continued (it hurts). Oh how it continued, even though she no longer was surrounded by the ruined green light of the forest. She did not have the capacity of thought (it hurts it hurts it hurts) to know where it was she had been moved to, only that the location was different. There was no longer so earth beneath her hands, but her fingers still tried to dig into the ground in a reflexive motion, already ragged nails breaking.

(It hurts it hurts it hurts It HURTS)

The force teleported Sen to infirmary floor, sending her sprawling there onto her stomach and interrupting the sweet serenade of music. The peaceful sounds would be replaced by ragged and choked gasps. The girl was curled tight, spasms shooting through her body, as she barely braced herself on her arms. And on her now exposed back, although far more ornate than typically seen but still distinct, was the signature bat wings of the Dark Army. Sen did not remain where she was for long, however, only long enough for to heave out a few breath-- vomit-- and then roll onto her back with a sob twisted groan.

She was alive. Alivealivealive. But she had failed (and failed and failed). (it hurts).

What now?

A thought for another time, it seemed, as she felt herself fade into unconsciousness.

accept.
    Last edited by Vaidia; 02-19-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As the sun was rising on the day of the festival, Avelaid was waking to the morning sun. Sitting up in the bed she stretched her arms up into the air and rolled her back. Then she looked to her right, and saw the man lying next to her. She knew the man that was sleeping next to her. He was one of her regular sleeping partners, and one of the men she feeds on. Smiling slightly as she cuddled back into bed next to him, as he opened his eyes and looked over at her with a smile. “Well did you sleep well?” He asked as he turned to face her wrapping his arms around her hugging her softly.

She enjoyed his embrace as she closed her eyes. “I always sleep well after spending the night with you.” She said in a sensual tone as he then whispered into her ear. “We should get this over with. You have things to do, and I am off of work for the day.” He said as he tightened his grip slightly then freed her from his grasp. Avelaid knew he was right. The day was continuing, and she had to visit the Grandmaster today. Lifting herself up as he laid on his back she perched herself on top of him. This man was one of the only few that knew what she was, and agreed to become her prey. Though, it was a little more of a deeper relationship than that. She found that she was having feelings for him, but to him she was just a distraction from his wife. That was just her luck with men. Always one sided emotions.

Smiling down at him she placed her hand on his face as she moved in closer. “Always straight to the point.” She said as she kissed him. As they kissed passionately she began draining his life force from his being.

She was getting dressed, as the man was lying unconscious on the bed. She had already taken her shower, and as she was putting on her shirt she started to humming. Walking over to the man she leaned down and kissed his forehead, and then left the room locking it behind her. She then began to make her way to the festival.

But the time she reached the festival she saw Remi on the stage dancing with a group of people. This was a surprising sight since she was mostly one to avoid crows. She wondered what happened to cause such a change in her, but she would have to ask another time. Weaving through the crowd to the academy. Which was a little difficult since some people kept running into her, and she had to dodge more than one person that just cut in front of her. By the time she finally got out of the thick of it she was a little frazzled by the pure audacity of the people that were at the festival.

Closing her eyes slightly calming herself, she quickly made her way to the gates of the academy. Nodding at the monks that were guarding the entrance she quickly made her way into the main building. She walked down the hall and stopped in front of N’allo’s room, and the door was shut. However the door almost looked like it was splintered. Indicating that a strong force had closed it. There were guards outside of the room, and they looked a little scared. Then she could hear the muffled sounds of him crying in his room.

She turned to face the door, and reached for the handle, but stopped half way and retracted her hand. He had made it painfully clear that he wanted her to leave him alone last time he was crying. She turned to the guards with a smile. “Take care of him.” Was all she said as she continued down the hall to where the Grand Master’s office was.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Life changed not for the young elf. Even though he displayed masterful techniques, and his magic took the form of beautiful butterflies, he himself felt alone. He stood up and walked to the podium to address those gathered at the festival. The tournament would begin for the fighters around the world to come and test their might against each other. He was forbidden to join in on the fun, it wasn’t what a headmaster would do is what he was told constantly, but he was eager to have fun, he was eager to get out and enjoy his life instead of going on mission after mission to prove himself and to make his “father” happy. Sighing, he stood before them.

“Welcome to the Ceremonial Tournament, held every year to celebrate the mystical arts of fighting. The best of the best have traveled near and far to be here today. With the blessings of the headmaster I now open the tournament. Good luck and may the best of the best win.”

N’allo smiled as the crowd applauded. The stage began to transform into a arena for the fighting to begin. N’allo stepped down and immediately was approached by a staff member.

“Sir, we have injured in the infirmary, warriors, some claiming to have been attacked, what is it you wish to do?”

“Help them as much as we can and call a meeting with all the warriors of tao. Remember, this is discreet, do not let others know, and inform the headmaster,” N’allo said as he watched the man nod and hurry off to do as he was asked. N’allo sighed as he placed his hands behind him. This was troubling. There was darkness and chaos that was present even on the Island of Macao and he didn’t know how to approach the situation. He could always talk to his friend, she often time was a confidant for him and he needed guidance in this moment. The Tiefling was somewhere on the island, probably in the infirmary helping the injured.

Aziara,where are you

======

Murdoc stood in front of the great stone within the dark forest. He watched as images of battles flashed before him on the stone’s surface.

“How interesting,” he said turning to someone cloaked in darkness. “It seems your son is stronger than I remember.”

“Indeed, perhaps too strong, see to it that he is broken. The love for that boy that he has, that Severins, he is the key to bringing N’allo to me. I want him alive Murdoc. Ensure the Admins are doing their job.” The man’s voice was strong, firm and powerful and yet the darkness continued to shroud him as he sat in a throne like chair. Murdoc smiled as he turned around and faced the stone once more.

“I see, well if that is the case I will see to it that the message is well received. What of Xion?”

“My brother has nothing to contribute that I need. He is powerful yes, but he is corrupt. His facade will shrivel away soon, but for now we wait. They will go looking for the shards. When they do, be ready!”

“Yes sir,” Murdoc replied with a smile as he trailed a nailed finger across the stone surface as if excited by the thrill of fighting.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Az*

So many sick and injured, so many warriors saying they've been attacked by fantastical monsters and vicious dark warrior. Her head was spinning and her entire body hurt, thankfully she was at the end of her shift and not being a real warrior she was excused from fighting in the arena or training on festival days unless something really needed working on. She was M rank so the Grandmaster let her and her classmates have some leeway.

She left the Infirmary letting out a deep yawn. It was a few hours before the festival started in earnest so the Tiefling took this chance to clean up and pass out after dressing in a white lacy bra and a pair of matching panties she passed out burrowing herself into her covers. The young woman slept like a rock and awoke around dusk. She didn't feel perfectly rested, but rested enough to mingle in the festival. She dressed in an indigo colored kimono and sandals and after picking up her lute she began tuning it while she walked to the town. The night was pleasant and warm, and she could feel the excitement in the air. The townspeople were used to her and while some of the new comers still feared her she just smiled at them and kept going towards the center of town where she hoped to find one of her friends.

She heard N'allo's voice and applause as she got close, she smiled and slung her lute across her back. The Elf was a good man and a fantastic warrior, they've been friends for years and she couldn't remember the last time they've seen each other. Seems like ages, but with the training and extra work they've been saddled with it was hard to find time to sleep let alone a social life. Aiming herself true she soon found the young man looking positively depressed and troubled. She was approaching him from the back and using some Bardic stealth she came up and draped her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek.

Using a slightly afflicted husky voice she tried to tease him.
    "So can a big strapping man like you show a simple farm girl what it means to be a woman?"

*Olgoth*

Within the shadows of the tree Olgoth waited for Murdoc to finish his conference. The Lich has been in the Fallen Angel's company ever since he reported his fight with N'allo on the mountain. He hated forests, too much moisture, too much life and being surrounded by these ugly trees drained him even when he extended his influence around him to kill the grass, trees, and insects in an attempt to free himself of their leech like lifeforces.

As the Leader finished the behemoth walked up to him his weapons and arm rattling slightly with his heavy steps. He wasn't an admin, but with no more leads on shards to investigate the undead warrior was simply on guard and messenger duty, not that Murdoc needed protection, but he normally didn't need the bother when Olgoth could kill most things under the sun. He stopped a few feet from Murdoc and bowed lightly. "What orders do you have Master Murdoc?" He rasped out from under his helmet the wind blew through the holes the Lunar Elf had left in his armor, he would need to seek out his tomb to regenerate soon.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-16-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hours had passed since Aza had paid Devvin a visit. He was just now waking up to a dimly lit room with a few candles on the tables and upon the walls. More fireworks flew through the night sky, illuminating the dimly lit room and Devvin heard the roar of the party goers as a voice addressed them.

"Hmmm, a fighting tournament?" Devvin asked himself, slowly removing the bandage that was plastered to his chest. He knew that this would be a grand time to train and spar against some of the best fighters in the land, but a sense of fear struck him as he thought about the head healer's wrath if she found out he was fighting on a semi-fresh wound. Without hesitation, Devvin slowly rose from the bed and began to stretch his very stiff muscles. His foot had hit a small package that was gracefully wrapped, and it read:

When you finally wake, I went and got you some new clothes to wear since yours were sordid and destroyed. Enjoy them and PLEASE DONT GET THEM DIRTY -Aza

He began to unwrap the package to find a pearl white robe top with silver and blue inlays running down the sleeves resembling a waterfall. The pants were a dark ocean blue that had hints of silver that reflected the moonlight, making the pants look like a body of water. These were fabulous festival garments and he couldn't believe that Aza went through this trouble to get them. He quickly slipped on the clothes and checked himself out in the mirror. "Damn, I'd tap that," Devvin said with a chuckle as he began to blow out the candles and climb out of the window of the infirmary. As he hit the ground, Devvin knew there was no turning back and made his way to the festival where the combat was just about to begin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast