Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Eater RP Idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Soul Eater RP Idea

Sorry about some of the....sharper edges of some of the instructions, I promise I'll be chiller than the guide probably sounds at some points though I DO still hold the sentiment just not so harshly!

Anyway, without further ado.....

SOUL EATER: DANCE OF DEVILS

Game Master: [@Kouki]
    [@DearTrickster](guy who helped edit)
    It’s been seven years since Kishin Asura was put down, people are finally moving on from the madness that almost consumed the world. The prejudice of old are now things of the past and a new city where witches and humans gather together under Lord Death’s leadership has arisen. But things aren’t quite as great as they seem, madness is slowly growing in the darkness, seeping its way back into the real world to wreak havoc on the population’s sanity.
    Once again, someone is going out of their way to revive the Kishin but they’re using a new form of madness, coming back even stronger than before.
    Lucky for us, the City Of Death is now new and improved, the pact Lord Death has made with the witches has brought in new defenses. With the absence of death scythes, students have to work hard around the clock to hone their abilities and with the involvement of new supernatural forces, the student body has grown and the school has gotten even bigger.
    Spoiler: SETTING 

Spoiler: GAMEPLAY 

So, good idea so far, needs work, or bad idea?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I like the idea and I've had a scythe character in the back of my head for a minute just two things

you said that the characters shouldn't' be super aware of what has happened in the official story but.. why? We attend this school and are members of the SPARTOI yes? this seems to be a quialifer for having access to historical records.
    Sure i don't think they should have clairvoyance but within a reasonable expectation be able to say Situation A has suspicious parallels to situation B

and Second. What are you rules or feelings on Loner weapon players. IE Weapons who fight without a meister.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't recall saying anything about not being aware of events, could you please clarify?

Also, the capabilities and restrictions for a weapon are covered under [Gameplay-Character Creation-Weapon]that tells you what a weapon player can do and what it cannot.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

o god modding and no knowing things you couldn't possibly have known without a series of events around you. No meta gaming

I was just wondering cause that line could be argued for not knowing about certain events from the show or manga

as for the question about combat I read how weapons generally take a passive role and about resonance but was wondering if you had issue with or would place restrictions on their combat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, events you would have no way of knowing about. Things you could easily look up don't fall into that category, just use your common sense and always try and casually state how you got said information.

Even easier, just ask me before hand and I'll tell you how detailed your knowledge should be. Would you know Death the Kid went to the witches world to help fight on the moon, YES. Would you have a transcript of the conversation held in that separate dimension, NO!

Your own discretion should do fine, just be open to editing your posts should the need arise.

And again, for the weapon thing. You're looking at combat but I said

[Gameplay-Character Creation-Weapon]

This section tells you that weapons CAN fight on their own but they cannot use soul resonance. For now, those are the only restrictions created. Your own special abilities are open to you.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well I'll defiantly join up if this ever gets off the ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well if more people show interest, I'll think about actually getting it started, for now I'm fine with continuing to tweek the thing so it's coherent and properly conveys everything I want it to.

The story itself is fairly linear. Players move through the plot and can take certain paths, every path leads into a different story line to go down. It's made that way so we can have some freedom while still making sure that we don't ever start meandering about and start getting bored waiting for something to happen.

Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'd like to join as well if this get's started. I've always enjoyed Soul Eater rps.
    The Guide to the Underzee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yay, more peeps!

Well hey, here's a brief preview. I had tried this once before on a different site so I already have the opening post ready..

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How often is one required to post? I might be interested....
    “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast