Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (M) Blood Line CH2: The Bloody Ties (Kris X Siks)

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

He stood like a solid rock, and the only thing to move within the chamber was his own shadow, which was reflected by the fireplace light.

“Gideon”, his voice was low and very frightening. It seems that even undead creatures such as the three youth blood drinkers could feel terror around him.

He started to pace back and forth, the shadow following him, multiplying his form around the room, “Why now, are you appearing brother?… helping mortals… Destroying our kin”, he looked at the frightened children, “You!”, he pointed at one of the woman, “You take her place tonight”.

“Of course, sir!”, she bent, her whole body shaking.

“Very well… bring me something to drink…”

A child was thrown into the room and Malachi began to feed only when the three were out of the room. He liked to present his rage in a very clean manner, so that those that saw it never lived to see the day. He actually liked that human whelp he was feeding on. He was a good slave, and usually Malachi was careful not to drink too much of him, but today he was furious.

When he was done, he turned to sit behind his desk, “We will need to take action directly, it seems… Maybe those new visitors can lead me to you, Gideon…”.

Blood dripped from the child’s neck softly to the ground.

Plup, plup, plup

Plup, plup, plup

Guk-Guk couldn’t stop crying as more of her blood was dripping to the floor. She screamed and cried behind the closed room of the bathroom, but kept it locked, even when Dire kept knocking.

“She screams a little louder than what you did just now”, grinned the blue elf.

“Very funny”, Sabin looked at Galmied with loving eyes, before she playfully pushed her hand into his face.

Dire grunted.

“She won’t come out?”

“Nope”, Dire said again.

Sabin giggled, she could have swore that even the way he spoke sounded like grunting. Anyway, she had some idea to what was the issue, “Didn’t expect it to happen here”, she smiled, “I know it’s still too early, but I’m sure Daryl and his family are up from all that noise, can any of you call Tarina please?”

Sabin then looked at them and marked the two men to leave her alone. Once they were away, she carefully knocked on the door, “Guk-Guk, I am the only one here, may I please come in?”

The door was slowly opened and the dark elf walked inside.

“This complicated”, The young goblin girl was crossing her hands over her chest, protesting over her situation.

“But it happens to all women, sweetie”, said Tarina, “You know my little girl Mary? She will go through it too, once she is your age”.

“You bleed too, Sabbi?”

“Yes”, Sabin answered, only that now she seemed to frown a little. She was due, and yet did not experience any of the monthly symptoms yet… Which was a bit weird… She was very careful with protection but… could she have slipped somewhere… no…. That can’t be it… She was probably only a little late...

“Why we bleed?”, Guk-Guk said angrily.

“So we can bring children to this world. The blood shows that we are more or less ready to carry a children”

“Guk-Guk have children?!!”, Guk-Guk looked surprise

“No, no”, said Tarina, “It just the body’s way to show us that we are ready. We still need an additional thing to happen for us to give birth”

“Like what?”, asked the goblin, looking curious.

“Well, you see… when two couples love each other very much, they can give birth”. Tarina said, “The process can hurt a little but-!”

Sabin stopped her from speaking further. She looked at Guk-Guk considering what to say next. The girl had experienced horrible things in her life, including rape. For a child this young to know that the frightening process was actually something good, will probably require her to be more mature.

But Sabin know that Guk-Guk was very clever. There was no point in hiding it too much, so she decided to allude to the subject.

“Guk-Guk”, Sabin bent beside the girl, “The process require female and male, and it doesn’t always work, but it’s something that should be done while in loving and working relationship, you understand yes?”

Guk-Guk nodded, “Like you and uncle Gal?”

Sabin blushed, “Well.. it… hmm”, Sabin giggled, “Well… at some point… maybe… I guess”, she found herself without words but she quickly pulled herself together, “There is still time for you, anyway, my dear Guk-Guk, so don’t worry”, Sabin hugged her, “It means that you are now becoming an adult”.

Tarina smiled, “Hygiene is also important. During the monthly bleeding, you need to take an even better care of your baths and replace your dressing and getting it ready like I showed you”.

“Every month!?”, the girl looked so worried and both Tarina and Sabin laughed, “I tell you what, since you were such a good girl, how about we go today and buy you some new clothes!”

“Yay!”, Guk-Guk cheered but Tarina’s face showed worry.

“I don’t think it will be a good idea”, said the blond woman, “Having her walking about in this condition, might be a bit too risky, considering those vampires are still lurking”.

“You may have a point”, said Sabin, “I tell you what, I’ll buy you some things, including sweet, and you’ll have a surprise once I’m back”.

“Bummer”, Guk-Guk pouted.

“Don’t be sad”, Sabin petted her cheeks, “We can ask uncle Daryl to show you around the blacksmith… you can show him some of your skills!”

“WHAT!”, Tarina cried.

The idea of having a child by the burning coals was unthinkable. It took Sabin a long while to explain the woman that Guk-Guk had a skill and that she wanted the dwarf to show her what she was capable to do. The dwarf was easier to be convinced and to open up to the idea.

Once it was settled, Sabin started to get ready to head for the local market to get few supplies and clothes for Guk-Guk.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

As Sabin left Galmied exited behind her, but elected to go deeper into the city. He needed to find a Hall of Records and see if the Humans have any information on Novigard and the Ice Queen especially since she's the sister of King Dova. Dire confronted with his new Granddaughter bleeding for the first time was keeping an eye on her and helped Daryl around his forge.

The marketplace of Excelsior is considered by some to be a wonder of the civilized world and besides Malairt, is one of the biggest market places in the land. Wares from every corner of Eisignol with every race and nation represented. Fire belching forges refining and creating fine Dwarven weapons and armor, the gentle glow of magic staffs besides the soft boiling of Alchemical Labs manned by keen eyed Elves, glistening jewels and beautifully created baubles directly from Ophier. The list goes on, but an unexpected encounter would take Sabin's eyes from the merchandises.

Walking down the opposite direction was Orfiel, he was carrying a basket of alchemy ingredients and potions, his eyes looking over the weapons of the Dwarfs as he walked. He only noticed her from the corner of his eye before walking full into her. His arms quickly dropped the basket and looped around the Dark Elf's waist his eyes locking with hers. He cleared his throat awkwardly.
    "Hello Sabin.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sabin moved across the stalls, already carrying much of the needed gears she wanted Dire and Galmied to have, including for extra outfits for them. It was good they were more or less the same size- as they were both very tall and well built. She also pick few more hair ribbons for the snow elf who seemed to be very fond of making small braids in his lovely hair.

For herself, she found few outfits she was willing to try here and there, if the situation would allow it. She basically always wore her gears, so she wondered how practical those dresses will be, but she figured she needed more fabric to sew some of her battle outfit, and she got that too.

She found a lot of cute outfits and night cloths for Guk-Guk. She chose them carefully, things that will highlight her eyes and skin color. Even though she was young, Guk-Guk was very lovely and Sabin wanted to make sure she dressed more fitting for a lady. She did make sure the clothes were comfortable to fight or run in them, as it would seem more practical for the goblin girl who was extremely hyper.

She stumbled upon a small stall with baby clothing and for some reason found herself lingering there. Guk-Guk was already a big girl, and she basically treated her as her own kid, but seeing the tiny outfits was very appealing to Sabin. She smiled as she gently rubbed her belly. She hadn't forgotten the whole experience she just had with Guk-Guk in the morning and how she recalled she was due.

If she was to be with a child... Will it be so bad?

The idea itself was terrifying. To settle down, to give birth... But... with Galmied... Things always looked more... possible... and true...

What was it about that man that made her feel so less troubled... like she was exactly where she needed to be...

She placed the small outfit and while she did so, she noticed few stuffed animals. All of which were adorable, but one object which grabbed her attention was a small blue duckling. For some reason, it remained her of Galmied. Their skin color matched and the duck had the same sad happy expression the snow elf used to make every now and then. She nuzzled the thing, noticing how soft the fur of it was.

She was more than willing to pay and found herself extremely happy with it. It was silly. He was probably going to laugh at her, but she just simply wanted to give it to him. as she was about to leave, she felt something...

A man was there. His scent alluring...

And familiar...

She swallowed, feeling how weakly her body trembled with excitement and fear

"Orfiel..."

Flashback 1

She moved her gentle fingers over his body, tracing every muscle, veins, curves... She admired the fact how handsomely this human was shaped.

Even though her smile was still upon her face, she was very unsettled. She knew this was probably their last night together, and wanted to make the most of it, graving even his fragrance into her memory.

She felt his hand raising to pet her, as he moved a little below her, "What's wrong?", he asked and she placed the back of his palm against her cheek, "Nothing", she smiled, joyfully sitting over him, with her legs bent and crossed around his hips.

He returned half a smile, "C'mon Sabin...", he said, "I know something's bothering you".

She swallowed. It took him so long to finally call her by her first name, and she knew that meant he grew very attached to her. He could feel her, and sense her emotions like no man before him could. She was sure no one else will be able to connect with her on the same level he did. She cared about him so deeply too.

But...

"I need to go back tomorrow", she kissed his hand, "It may be some time before we meet again..."

If at all...

He chuckled under her.

"What's so funny?", she asked, looking surprised, her silver eyes gazing with a strange expression.

He lifted his hands to bring her head closer so he could kiss her, and she passionately reacted back to the kiss.

He seemed to take the situation well. Good. It was better to end like that and not-

"I'm coming with you", his eyes shone in the dark.

"W-what?", she asked, almost in disbelief.

"Yes. I already spoke to the church's father. He will find a good man to replace me and-"

"What?", she got up from him and turned to sit beside him. He also leaned on his hands as he arched up to meet her eyes, "Do you even understand what you're saying?"

"Yes", he picked her hands in both of his hands and kissed her, "I'm coming with you"

"You are going to drop everything behind? your life? your order? your friends?", she hesitated a little when she said friends, when the only real person she could think about being close to him was Jophiel and she was clearly interested in being FAR more than friends.

"Yes", he answered without hesitation.

Sabin lowered her gaze, "I don't know what to make of this". She really didn't. He spoke so much of his order and was willing to die for what he believed. To just get up and leave everything for the sake of a woman seemed to unreal.

And what about her feelings for him? was she even sure of him being with her? will she be able to provide much for him while in mission for her clan? and besides, she will outlive him for sure... Not to mention she never got too close to anyone like this before... Giving her body was easy, but her heart was a whole different matter...

He kissed her, and even though she kissed him back, he could feel she was not fully with him, "There is some time until dawn and you don't need to go anywhere so soon, right?", he smiled, "we will speak more in the morning, okay?".

She opened her mouth few times but no words came out of them. After a long while of silence she nodded. What else would she do. He smiled as he tapped on the bed, urging her to life down beside him. Once she did he opened his arms and she squeezed herself between them as he hugged her. While he was soon to be fast asleep, she was still left with her eyes open. Even the wild sex they just had was not enough to tire her. She was worried and terrified. Before long she set on the bed, watching how his hands fell from her to the sides. From the edges of the window she saw the moon and she took a deep breath and sighed.

She had that strange feeling... The one which told her she had to leave here and fast. Her heart beat like crazy knowing what the meaning of it would be. Tears fell from her eyes, she felt herself going numb. She wanted to stay there so badly, but at the same time knew she couldn't. She had to go and get away from this man's life as quickly as possible.

Like a sharp blade, fast and quick... it will hurt at first... but it will heal.

There was no need for further words... she didn't know what to say to him anyway.

Her heart ached but she just couldn't have brought herself to stay there, and before long she was dressed and outside the window... running.

Flash back 2

" Gideon, get out!", Sabin called as she stood by the gate's bars and waited for the vampire to be on his legs.

"My dear beautiful Sabin", he bowed to her, "Really, it's fine here. The stench is almost bearable. Not to worry, I'm sure everything will be clear once there are more evidences that I'm not at fault and-!"

"Not going to happen, Gid", She shook her head, "Plus I'm afraid... that you need to leave now... I can no longer protect you and well... I don't think Orfiel will spare you soon..."

Gideon shook his head, "Did you break his heart or something? How bad was it?"

"Well... I'm not sure..."

"You just left then?", he nodded, "Shame really, you two did look good together. I was almost willing to give up on you altogether. Of course, he would die eventually and I will have my chance and-!"

"Would you please just leave? we don't have much time..."

"Heavens no!", the vampire looked shocked, "I'm a wanted criminal here. I cannot just go and leave. They won't leave my hide alone"

"Would you rather stay here?"

"Of course not", the vampire nodded, "However, we can't just leave either... I have an idea then... We fake my death... I already have the means for it. Just replace one of the bodies that were found dead and place a silver goblet. They will make one and one and figured it was either mistake or one of the guards fault that I got a silver poisoning. Either way, I'm sure they will be happy to have one less "blood sucker" around, guilty, or not"

"You do have a point... Let's just get it on quickly then... I want to be out of here in a hour"

"As you wish"

Seeing him made Sabin drop her hands to her side. She was still clutching upon the stuffed animal, but she dropped everything else that she was holding. She felt how her heart was having an inner battle with her mind. She had to push him away or walk away from him... With her luck Galmied may just appear around the corner and deduce the wrong conclusion again... but at the same time...

How much she missed him...

She simple stared... unable to tear her eyes from him...

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

As he stood there his arms around Sabin all the old memories and pains came flooding back. Even after five years it was still like a slow bleeding wound. He noticed some of things she had bought and he made a mental note about the child's clothes and toys. Were these all for the little Goblin girl she and her party had with them?

He couldn't guess, and thinking about it made his heart ache all the more. He released the woman and crouched down to help her pick up her items then picked up his own. He'd thought through this scenario dozens of times, what he would do should he ever see Sabin again. Sometimes he thought about being angry, others he thought about just taking her in his arms and hugging her close, and others still he thought about forgiving her and professing his love to any and all around him. Most of the time though he simply walked away. But now as she stood before him clutching a fuzzy little blue duck toy he was speechless and frozen in place.

They stood for a few seconds, but soon the shout of a merchant barking at them for blocking his stand brought the Priest's voice back.
    "You look hungry, come before some rough old Dwarf decides to test out the strength of his hammer on our skulls for blocking his stall." He didn't know why he was asking her to lunch, but it was the first thing that came to mind. He moved past the Elf and nodded towards a side street branching off from the bustling market. "I know a place that makes a good sandwich."

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sabin's expression showed sadness. She still looked around to see if anyone was there watching. Maybe some part of her hoped for Galmied or even Jophiel will show up, and by so she will have an excuse to avoid him, because right now, even if she was hungry she wouldn't be able eat anything.

And no one came from any direction and she simply stared at the stall. It looked exposed enough, where they would not be too much alone, and the idea seemed less troublesome.

"Very well", she nodded with a smile as she gathered her things, while holding the ducklings in her palms. She put the bags in both her arms, as if hoping that they would turn into shields that will protect her.

As she walked beside him she felt how little by little she was dying inside and with a good reason. She knew she hurt him, and right now by being beside him, she knew she was risking hurting Galmied again. But she felt she owned Orfiel at least this... and she was actually happy inside he asked her to join him, trying to stuff all the emotions and feelings she had for him as she inhaled his scent and from time to time peeked at his handsome face.

After all, he was the first man in her long life who have taught her what it is to actually love someone.

And the same man she was terrified to get close too... The man she turned down... the man who was no longer hers... And the man who threaten everything she hoped to have with the new man in her life...

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default CO-OP2

Orfiel led the way doing his best to keep his head from doing flips within itself. Jophiel was out in the outskirt of Excelsior doing some minor monster hunting work for a farm, so he wasn’t worried about her showing up. But Sabin’s big blue friend from the other night might show up, then...he wasn’t sure what would happen then. He looked like a fighter, but the way he just slinked off like a dog when he saw the looks between him and Sabin.

What kind of man did that? The Priest wasn’t sure, but the two of them looked very similar. The monster hunter shook his head and placed his things down by a table closest to the cooking pit.
    “This will do, what do you wish to eat? They can cook just about anything if you ask.”

“Anything?”, Sabin seemed surprised, “In that case I’d love some dough filled with Chicken pieces and rice”, she nodded. She was so surprise the words just came out of her mouth, even though now she felt terrible for having anything to eat near him.

Orfiel gave her a gentle smile then went to the counter to get their food. He ate the same thing every time he came here. A sliced beef and cheese sandwich, simple meal for a simple man as Jophiel loved saying. He placed the order then he was handed a small bit of parchment with the number ten on it, that was their order number. It would be a couple of minutes before their food would be ready so he began walking back to the table. As he looked over at Sabin in the afternoon light he couldn’t help but note how much she looked like Jophiel again. Fate works in curious ways. He took his seat and gave the Dark Elf another smile.
    “So...how have you been? I’m sure you’ve done a lot in...five...years.” His voice faltered some the longer he spoke, but he wasn’t going to stop now.

“It sure been a while, hasn’t it?”, Sabin sighed. Will she really just fill him up with everything that has been going on up till this point? For some reason whenever faced against him, she couldn’t help but just talk out her heart, “There been an uprise of a local dark elven tribe. They always were in the background, but it seems they have been growing bold lately. My mother was one of the recent clan leaders to be killed”, she looked up to him, her eyes never averting, “You don’t need to worry, I am handling this”, she smiled.

It was weird. His smile was so gentle, that for a moment she recalled of Galmied and tighten her hold on the stuffed animal, “Congratulations are in order I assume?”, she nodded at the ring on his finger, “I’m happy for you”, she smiled, even though her heart felt as heavy as a stone in a dark endless abyss.

Big O frowned slightly hearing about the death of Sabin’s mother. He knew they were very close, closer than most Dark Elves he noticed. Especially considering how many siblings she told him she had. “I’m sorry to hear about your mother. I know you were close to her.” He wasn’t sure if talking about his engagement with Jophiel would be proper table talk right now. But the mentioning of the rogue Dark Elf clan brought a useful memory to mind. “I’ve heard about the uprising though. Some of my brothers in the Order were bringing news back about some male Dark Elf wearing the cloak of the New Moons clan hunting for artifacts around Ebonrock province near the Shimmering Peaks.”

“Is that so?”, She considered his words carefully. It sure sounded like a good lead. Or more to say a lead for she didn’t have one to begin with, “Yes, that’s what they called themselves too. If you know them by name, I guess they already making their move obvious. Tell me, what have they been doing? What kind of activities are they involve in? Are there only dark ones involved, or maybe other races?”

At that point the food was carried over to the table and it smelled delicious. Sabin was happy for the conversation to not taking a heavy direction, which allowed her to actually enjoy the bites she took.

Orfiel paid for their food and grabbed a napkin thinking back on what his brothers told him.
    “Well most of the reports I’ve heard are about a single individual. A male of healthy size,dark purple skin, and silver eyes, going by the name Sable. Most of the activities seem to be mostly him hunting for information on some kind of ancient jewel.” He picked up his sandwich and took a bite of it.

“A Jewel… Why would they-!”, Sabin thought for a moment. Most of the Dark Elves hardly dabbled in magic. They were very practical and prefer the rogue style rather than the magical aspects of fighting. But legends has it that in truth dark elves harbored a very strong magical power within them, that most of them never even bothered to mess with and hardly anyone practiced it. She was aware many of the other elves, like the high ones, made use of magic as way of life, but still, magic was still very far away from her own. Jewel sounded like a mean of stirring something dark, “Maybe they do dark magic? But still, one Jewel… what do they hope to gain with such item?”

Orfiel shrugged wiping his mouth.
    “I don’t know and neither did any of my brothers. These New Moons are extremely secretive even by Dark Elf standards according to them. And this Sable man seems to know when he’s being followed as if by magic and he’s killed many of the people he got the information from so everything we at the Order of the Mountain hear are by second or thirdhand witnesses.” He took another bite of his food.

“Hmm… I find his name interesting… While most of us speak the same dialect, there is distinguish sounds of the words in our name… Whoever he is from, he is probably from the clans surrounding the areas, or maybe he just adopted a similar name? I would suspect that he was not one of the Molad tribe, or as you call them, “the new moon” tribe. Maybe he is an exiled member… He sounds like trouble, though”, Sabin picked more food with the fork and knife she was using and bite gracefully. She waited until she swallowed before she continued to speak, “I do wonder how they found out about this clan or about this man…”

Orfiel chuckled.
    “Well Sable couldn’t kill every witness, and the Order of the Mountain have abbys and hermitage’s all across the Human lands. We work as monster hunters and sometimes Sheriffs for the smaller towns and villages, so people come and report odd happenings to us all the time.” He took another bite of his food chewing slowly and swallowing. “Luckily none of us have had to cross blades with either him or the Molad Tribe. I do have one question though, how common are silver eyes and dark royal purple skin among Dark Elves?”

Sabin was about to place the fork in her mouth when she stopped and stared at him, “Come again?”, she asked, “Dark royal purple skin color?”, she placed the fork down and stared at her arms, she showed them to him and then pointed at her eyes, “You mean like my skin and eye color?”, she asked, somewhat surprised and worried.

Orfiel noted the sudden change in Sabin’s voice and demeanor his eye quirking a little. He doesn’t recall ever seeing her like this, that was unsettling. “Yes, almost exactly, though the few times he was seen without his mask his skin was a little darker than yours. Do you know him?”

“I’m… not sure…”, she placed her hands on her legs as she looked at him, “Every tribe of Dark Elves is different. Be it the culture, the social system, practice and approach to magic… some inks on the face or skin… but the most obvious feature of each tribe is the color of our skin. Even though we shy not from marrying between each and every clan, or sending off our daughters in hope of becoming mothers for others, we do have particular features about us, that help us tell our origin. My skin color is connected with the twin moons, Qumran. There are no second guesses about it. Whoever this man is, he is clearly from my tribe… But hearing about silver eyes… it’s unsettling…”, she considered her words carefully, “While it is not a sign of royal blood, the silver eyes will often appear within the children of matriarch. I don’t wish to jump to conclusions just yet, but that man, might be one of my many siblings… And he is obviously using a fake name...”

Orfiel’s brow darkened and he placed his food down forgetting it momentarily. This was troubling indeed, Sabin herself was a skilled Assassin and many of her siblings were trained the same. And if this...Sable was using magic that could spell a great deal of trouble. “What is this New Moon Tribe after that they’d need to hire someone from your clan to do wet work for them?”

“I don’t know… From the little I know, Mother was encouraged by them to join arms. They extended their offer to most of the clans. The strong ones anyway. Directly to the leaders, offering them a place in the new order. By this point Mother was already terribly sick, but even if she was at her prime she would have ignored them. And why not? We are strong and capable and the New Moon tribe has been spitting such words for ages. But apparently they have been working in the background for some time now. While some rumors about other leaders dying flew around, they were all hushed. We are a very loving community, but from time to time, we have one clan forcing another to join them. We can’t afford to show any sign of weakness, even though, we are openly offering aids and daughters to breed. My mother was sick, and her death was painless. I knew she was poisoned, but the higher ups cover it well. They feared maybe… that if I know I’d do something stupid. I am one of the few that bear silver eyes, so obviously I had claims. But I simply took off and left. On her burial day… it had to be on that day, otherwise they would have caught me while trying to leave… Or maybe they just don’t care… as I’ve said, there are enough children to claim rights, so maybe I shouldn’t have run away in secret… But I was just so furious. She wanted a change… she was the first to speak about how much we need to change the way our system work- advance to something more pure and decent… to be honest… part of me suspected that her death was just what the Elders wanted… But I don’t know… I don’t think I’ll ever find out… I don’t plan on going back anytime soon, if at all…”, Sabin sighed, “I’m tired of that system. It brought only emptiness to me. It forced me to part with-!”, Sabin hushed down as she looked at him, and then looked away, “Anyway, my main goal is revenge. But I’ll be careful, so you don’t need to worry about anything. I won’t rush in like a mad woman, I’ll be sure to study whatever I can about them… Besides as of right now, I don’t even know where to start, so I’m still searching for clues”.

Oriflel glanced over the near slip-up. He had suspicions about why she left him the way she did, he figured her Clan’s ways were part of it. But it was a subject he was sure neither of them wanted to touch upon. He continued recalling what his comrades had told him.
    “Well aside from what I’ve already told you, all I’ve heard is his most recent whereabouts from about a week ago. He was last seen lurking around Ophier likely headed towards T'saroth, I have no idea where that town of devils is, but if you’re in the market for anything rare and powerful that’s where you would need to go.”

“Why there?”, Sabin tilted her head, “Forgive me, I’m not very familiar with the area, what’s exactly is there that brings people looking to find rare objects?”

Orfiel smiled lightly at her naivete, painfully remembering how cute it always was to him.
    “Well, T'saroth is to bandits, killers, and thieves what Excelsior is to the rest of us. It’s home to the biggest Black Market in Eisignol. They deal in artifacts, rare and dangerous alchemy ingredients and… flesh be it prostitutes or slaves.” He picked up his sandwich again and finished eating it before it got cold.

“Hmm”, Sabin said as she finished her own meal, carefully thinking of all the details Orfiel had gave her, “I think I will head there”, she nodded, “Thank you”, while she was still munching she looked up to him, “Say… what is it with all of the vampires around lately? Back then…”, she bite her lips but quickly regain her senses, “I thought we took care of the only one here… where have all the others been hiding? Why are they here? Since when?”

Orfiel wiped his mouth again shrugging sadly.
    “I don’t know Sabin. It’s only been in the past year they’ve resurfaced. I’ve sent word to some of my brothers and sisters to send aid, but there’s trouble in the south and traveling is problematic. So for now it’s just myself and Jophiel following breadcrumbs.” He steeped his fingers before him rubbing the bridge of his nose slightly.

“It can’t be just the two of you! There were others in the church!”, Sabin said suddenly, “Where is the rest of your squad? Where are the rest of the Father’s men?”

Orfiel smiled sadly looking at his scarred hands.
    “They were the first ones targeted by the Vampires, it’s just me and Jophy for hunters. The rest of our group are Healers and Scribes. And neither of us have the time to train any of the civilian congregation or guards into Vampire Hunters.”

“That’s horrible. You can’t do this alone…”, Sabin opened her mouth few times, “There must be something we can do?”

Big O smiled shaking his head standing up and looking up at the sky to gauge the time.
    “Not unless you know where the Coven is, besides you have a...family now.” The smile left his eyes even though it stayed on his face. “That little girl is very cute by the way.” He helped Sabin with her things then picked up his own kissing her fondly on the cheek. “It was nice seeing you again Sabin. Take care and tell your two big friends to leave the Vampire fighting to me and Jophiel.” He gave her a sad smile in farewell then began to move back into the bustling sea of the market again.

“Orfiel!”, she called after him, “I just want to say it straight out. I am sorry. I am truly and honestly sorry. There is not a single day, I go without thinking of that night, and not a single morning where I wonder what if…

Even though I know it was for the best, I never meant to end things like I did. Part of me thinks that if I was a bit wiser… more mature… more ready… more willing... then maybe… maybe things… things would have gone differently… But that is the past. The hurtful past that I will always carry like a brand. But… at least now, today, I don’t plan to leave you all alone on this”, She folded her arms around her chest, “Not again anyway”.

She looked ahead-- at him. One of the things that irked her most was that he was always deciding things ahead without fully consulting her, or giving her enough time to think. Not when he thought to just up and leave his order which scared the crap out of her, because …. It just did. Relationships were already complicated as they were for her, and if he gave her a better time table she might have handled him differently. But that certainly wasn’t the first time he did it. Like when he was unwilling to hear of a possibility of a good vampire.

And now… deciding for her again.

“I want to help you. Either you think of some idea now, or I will find it out for you, there are many lives at stake here, and not just the pride of two former lovers”, the word former was somewhat hurtful… mainly when she looked at him she sure still felt burning coils in her heart, “That little goblin girl is under my care. I’m sure her mother would have been proud, and from all that I’ve learned I want to make sure our Dwarven host lives to see her training complete. So… either you walk out of here now… which I don’t blame you for… Or you will follow me, after you get Jophiel, and we plan this together… with everyone back at the hut.”

Each word was like a dagger in his heart, he really hoped she’d just let him go without more trouble. But she’s always been a stubborn woman, prone to taking things too seriously and thinking too deeply into things. Shaking his head slowly he turned to her his keen gentle eyes looking directly into her own.
    “So hopeful Sabin always so hopeful, you want to help and I know I can’t actually stop you. But plans don’t just appear because you really want them too.” He let out a sigh and shrugged his broad shoulders, this wasn’t going to be easy to explain back at the Church or to Jophiel. “I can see you’re set on this, but Jophiel won’t be back until after dark. And I doubt Master Brickheart wants talk of killing and vampire hunting around his young family. Bring the Orc and...Snow Elf to the Church of the Mountain Father near the King’s district at the center of the city. Father Mikeil may be too old to go hunting, but he’s one of the most experienced and knowledgeable of Vampires in our Order. He’ll be essential in whatever plans we come up with. Good-bye Sabin.” He stepped into the crowd and was gone from Sabin’s sight and voice.

“Goodbye, Orfiel”, Sabin sighed and added in silent, “My love…”
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-20-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default MEGA CO SIKS AND KRIS

While Sabin and Orfiel had their lunch date Galmied was keenly honed in on his own mission, he’d never been in Excelsior and could count the times he’s even been in the Dominion on the fingers of one hand. Most of his owners were Elves, but the few humans he was owned by lived on the borders between the two nations. He was lost for a good chunk of time and the looks he got being a fully armored Snow Elf roaming the streets like a lost dog were increasing by the mile.

Eventually he had to take a seat and rest somewhere. He was glad he was only carrying his claymore, the bow and arrows would’ve been like an extra hundred pounds to him. He needed to get his endurance back up, too many years being a soft and squishy pleasure slave. He was kept in a fit enough shape to not look flabby, but compared to how he looked in his youth you’d hardly recognize him. But his owners liked their men softer than a real warrior would be, once he had caught his breath he rubbed his chin and looked around for someone who might know where in the Wild Hunt, the Hall of Records was in this gaudy town.

Soon he saw a pair of larger than normal humans manning a brick and mortar toy store by the looks of it. Not something he really expected this far from the main marketplace, but the man was working a carpenter’s bench outside whistling a happy tune and the woman was singing softly as she swept up the wood shavings into a refuse pile. No one else looked willing to talk with him so with a shake of his hands he made his way to the big humans. The woman was the first to notice him. She spoke with an accent Galmied had never heard before. It was deeper than you’d expect from a woman and her words sounded a little blocky, but also with unmistakable cheer behind them.
    “Hey look here ektemann. A giant Aelfir comin’ ta see our shop!” The woman waved her hand wildly at Galmied, a broad smile on her face. He had no idea what Aelfir meant, but he assumed it was something like Elf so he waved back. And it was nigh impossible not to notice how much the woman’s very pronounced chest bounced and swayed as she waved, even in her armored chestplate. She seemed to see it and gave Galmied a sultry wink pushing her chest out to tease him some.

It was about at this time the big man joined her not missing Galmied’s line of sight nor his wife’s teasing. But much to the Elf’s surprise he good naturedly spanked the woman on her rump and spun her around giving her a light shove into the shop. “Go make yerself decent kone, we cannae afford ye makin’ the man taa embarrassed ta speak.” The woman let out a soft yip then giggled and went into the shop to grab something to wear. He shook his head chuckling then met Galmied at the curb offering him his hand. “I apologize for my wife, usually Agneta is as demure as a maiden, but ye know women, sometimes they just hafta cause mischief. Name’s Bertil Yulelaird welcome ta Sjerdthaun Leker, or Heartland Toys in the common tongue.” Galmied was so amused by the man’s very unhuman like kindness and warmth to an armed Elf, that he could only chuckle and take the man’s hand not even thinking about the immense strength of the carpenter’s grip which like his kindness was something very unhuman like. “No problem Master Yulelaird, name’s Galmied, an’ ay lasses can be quite mischievous. I actually need directions if ye can help me? I’m lookin’ for the city’s Hall of Records.” He released the handshake and looked up as Agneta returned wearing a long sleeveless coat of rich green and gold. While it did cover much of her she left it mostly unfastened still exposing her remarkably taut stomach and armored chest. And before her husband could answer she spoke up. “Ja, we know it, we’ve been in Excelsior since before King Argyle took the throne from his fither. We even helped ta repair it after an earthquake brought down two of the walls, but why would ye want ta spend anytime in such a dusty, gloomfilled place like the Hall of Records?”

Bertil rolled his eyes turning to Agenta chuckling. “I dinnae think that’s any of our business Aggie, but come on in son I have a map ye can use. It’s buried in the back somewhere, but feel free to browse our wares while I hunt it up.” He walked by his wife and picked her up around the waist carrying her inside before she could scare their customer off, the woman hooted and squirmed trying to get out of the big man’s grip. But she couldn’t so she thought of something cheeky to say instead. “Careful Berti you keep up this womanhandlin’ and I may have to manhandle ye some in return.” Bertil let out a deep belly laugh and threw his wife over his shoulder carrying her into the backroom.

The Snow Elf was laughing the entire time. Never had he met such fun people, Human or otherwise. He couldn’t believe they were real even after he felt Bertil’s handshake, but he trusted they wouldn’t keep him waiting too long so he began browsing the single room store. The store was filled from floor to ceiling with beautiful handmade toys. Tin toys, wooden ones, toys that had moveable arms and legs, he even saw a wall of stuffed animals, hand stitched and made with rich dyes and soft felt fabric. He was drawn to a particular purple bunny plushie, it reminded him of Sabin’s skin color and it was made with a kind of cute pouty lip with half closed obviously embarrassed eyes, a face he’s seen on Sabin a few times. He picked it up and ran his hand slowly along the soft almost real looking fur hugging it softly noticing how plush it really was. It was an exquisite bit of work and something he’d normally expect to find in the bedroom of some rich little girl not the wall of a wonderful but also very humble toy shop. He was still studying it when he felt the presence of the shopkeepers behind him. He turned and gave them a sheepish smile, a fully grown male Elf hugging a child’s toy, he was sure he looked quite the fool.

Agenta smiled trading him the map for the toy.
    “Looks like we have a winner Berti! Ye got a daughter that likes wee bunnies? Follow me I’ll cash ye out.”

Galmied chuckled shaking his head still looking a little embarrassed.
    “No, well nae really. I am lookin’ after a bonny wee Goblin girl, but that bunny reminds me of my fiance an’ I thought she might like it.”

Bertil chuckled thinking Galmied on the back as he passed. He then started walking with him to the back to store where the money box was kept.
    “Dinnae look so ashamed son, we’ve had gray-haired old men come in here ta buy a silly wee toy for their wives of fifty plus years and have nea’re gotten a complaint nor had anythin’ returned. But might I recommend this for the bonny wee Goblin girl.” The toymaker picked up a small box with what looked like some kind of tiny buildings painted on the front. “Ye see lad, as I’m sure ye know Goblin children are quite clever by nature. They need somethin’ ta challenge their minds and give their hands somethin’ ta do or they get up to all kinds of trouble. These wee beauties come from the lovely mind of my wife, she calls them Tinker Toys. The box has wee bars, platforms, and balls inside. All magnetized ta stick together lettin’ the child build near anythin’ they can think of. Sadly they havenae been sellin’ great so how about we let ye have the map and Tinker Toys for free and ye just buy the bunny?”

Galmied smiled but shook his head.
    “No, you’ve been kind enough I couldnae just take such wonderful things without payin’.”

Agneta giggled taking the tinker toys looking them over.
    “Well how about ye pays us for the toys and keep the map, we’re no’ mapsellers after all and it’s no’ like we need it.”

The Snow Elf smiled nodding.
    “Ay that sounds fair, how much?”

The woman flipped through a small book that was laying on top of the money box and quickly found the prices. She jotted a few numbers down on a receipt and handed it to Galmied. “Eight gold please.”
    The Elf looked at the slip of paper and nodded. He was no expert in toys, but it seemed fair maybe even a little less than he would expect toys of such high quality to bring. He’d price them at least five or six gold apiece, but he pulled the requested coins out and placed them into the woman’s hand she beamed across at him and dropped the coins into the money box before locking it up and placing it back under the counter. Bertil handed Galmied a cloth bag and held it open for him as he put the toys carefully inside. The big man then tied the bag up with quick precise motion and dropped it into the Elf’s open hands.

He smiled just as broadly as his wife and nodded to Galmied.
    “Thank ye for shoppin’ at Heartland Toys, do come back and if yer stayin’ in town for a few more days be sure ta bring the family in. But dinnae expect ta leave quickly, children love playin’ in the shop. And my wife likes showin’ the wee ones how she makes the tin toys.”

Agneta giggled punching her husband in the arm firmly.
    “Dinnae be blamin’ me for that ya big ox! Yer just as bad!”

Galmied laughed heartily at the married couple’s antics as he walked out the front door.
    “I will be sure to do that, have a good day my friends.” He tied the small bag to his belt and quickly unrolled the map. It was thankfully written in the common tongue with simple directions hand written in the margin. Apparently the toy shop was only four streets separated from the Hall of Records.The warrior quickly glanced up at the sky getting his direction then took off at an easy pace the encounter with the two jolly Humans playing over in his mind keeping his face creased in a wide smile.

Galmied could feel a shadow looming over him the minute he walked into the yard area, a place he spend the night talking with Sabin and Dire before, and the same location Daryl told him he will find the Dark Elf.

Apparently she had been there for some time. She put Guk-Guk to sleep long ago, but refused to sleep yet herself.

Soon enough he felt a pointed blade pointing at his back, “Galmied. If I were an enemy you’d be dead by now”, she said in a very cold voice.

That was not like her at all. From the little time they spent together, he learned how easy it was for her to open up while holding her blades. He turned around to face her carefully placing the packages he got aside.

She looked at him with her eyes glittering, almost sparkling, and the blade she used was the gift he gave her, the small dirk, her D’ror, bird of freedom.

Oh boy. It sure looked she had a lot to talk of, and to be honest, he was sure he was not going to be happy to find out what it was about.

“Undress please, and get ready”.

She was already in her underclothes, dressed to the minimum required. Every curve and muscles were highlighted and as desirable as she looked to him now, he couldn’t help feeling a little jealous. She was still in her prime, while he was still fighting shaking off the idea that he had grown soft, even though, it was probably his thoughts alone on the matter and the others will strongly disagree.

She did surprise him after all. Even though she was an assassin he should have felt her approaching, even a little. He was so much more in shape back in the days.

Once again she kissed the dirk and looked at it with loving eyes, before returning her gaze to him. He swallowed. He was beginning to recognize this look. It was her longing stare and he knew she saved that only to him. Yet her lips were closed- and without her usual smile. It only meant that she wanted to say something. Something she was not proud of.

He began to undress as he consider this. In the little time he spent with her, he was beginning to read her like an open book. As much as she tried to remain calm, she was very emotional. It was those small things, which, if studied accordingly will give her away to any enemy that knew her enough. That was probably the only thing to always maim her if she ever wanted to be true assassin.

Still, it was adorable regardless.

She took out her twin blades. He knew that they were made a very rare substances. Dragon bones and other rare elixirs and special crafting- A battle type that the Qumran developed specially under their banner name- the twin moons.

When he turned around he noticed that she hungirly stared at his body with a delicate smile, enjoying the show. When she noticed that he was aware, she returned to her cold expression, but her blushing line was still very visible.

“Arm yourself!”, she told him, “And get ready!”

The Snow Elf smiled at his Valkyrie placing his armor and most of his clothing on the ground. He stood there in a simple pair of long pants and barefeet. He wasn’t willing to prance around in his small clothes with children within close proximity. He wasn’t sure what kind of sparring Sabin wished for so he simply drew out his claymore and spun it around his hand a few times before going through a quick series of stretches almost like he was dancing with his long blade.

He completed the exercises and looked once again at his woman he put his long hair back into a warrior’s ponytail smiling. “You look lovely as always my valkyrie, so do forgive me if I pull my slashes a wee bit. I dinnae wish to injure you.” With that he gazed once more upon her fit nearly nude body. And charged, he may be out of shape, but he was fit enough to give her a challenge. He was a warrior and aside from being a pleasure slave for women, he was also often a warrior for their husbands or brothers. Very little brought out the lusts in his mistresses than seeing him coming into their room dirty and bloodied.

He had much longer strides and a greater reach than Sabin so his opening attack was a crouching upwards slash at her midsection.

She arched her back as she pulled her chin up, evading the incoming, her hair, covered by a large headkerchief was falling back, but not a single stride was loose. She then moved her hands under his blade, crossing hers and with a metal cling pushing him backward as her blade parted to the both sides of her body. Pushing her right leg behind, she gain some charge to jump at him, with her blades cross again, as she fell on him, pressing his big blade even further up to his head, as she kicked her legs into his guts, doing a small spin in the air. She landed some distance away, her blades at her side as she panted, staring at him like a mad tiger.

“Take me more seriously, please!”, her lips parted to a smile.

The warrior let out a pained grunt rubbing his abs slowly but he smiled nodding his head. “As you wish my love.” Shaking the pain off he began circling her slowly, letting the rust fall from his training days. It would probably be better if he had a smaller weapon especially against an assassin like Sabin.

But he saw his dirk on the floor, his training with it wasn’t quite as extensive as his claymore, but with it he could get in close and use his greater strength to possibly overpower the woman. This could be a fun night after all. He once again charged, but this time he slid across the floor casually slinging his longsword at Sabin’s feet before releasing it and grabbing his dirk from her pile of clothes on the floor. With it he quickly got to his feet and used the surprise of the sliding sword to get close to the woman slicing one of the straps of her bra before combat rolling out out range. He winked at her. “Let us begin Sabin.”

She smiled. She liked to see him in such a fun mood. She looked down and made a pouting expression, “I should have bought some more… I’m really found of this one too, bastard”, she grinned, “I won’t let you cut the other strap though”, she stuck out her tongue as she lifted her blades again.

“I do need to tell you something that you may not find to your liking”, she started to go around in a full circle, her posture bent as she studied his moves, almost like lioness, The piece of clothes on her hair was beginning to loosen up too, as some of dark locks swayed down her silver eyes, “Orfiel had invited me to lunch with him. Don’t worry, I made sure it was an open area location, and that we were not left alone. It was a casual catch up talk, which he initiated and I felt it was rude to refuse”, she jumped onward as she swung her blades for his shoulders.

Galmied was admittingly stunned at this sudden news and it allowed Sabin to knick his right shoulder before he could caught her momentum and spun them in a circle shoving the woman back letting him bounce back out of range himself. His first thoughts were apprehension and some jealousy. But as he watched the woman and noted the sensual look in her posture and remembering the love at which she looked at him before he quieted those worries playing it off, his more natural accent coming back as he grew to enjoy this sparring more.
    “Hmm well that is true lass, we cannae show rudeness, to holy warriors. I had an interesting day miself. Have ye ever heard of Betil and Agneta Yulelaird?” He asked running perpendicular to the Dark Elf and springing off a bucket to try for a downward stab with the dirk.

It was Sabin’s turn to be surprised. She didn’t expect him to take the news so well. To the point she felt so good about being able to talk to him about everything without the fear of being reprimanded. She dodged the blade mere seconds before it reached her. Was the snow elf always this quick?

“I haven’t”, she said while spinning around his back to the other side, “Who are they?”, she pushed her blades gently over his arms in such a masterful manner they didn’t even cut on his skin, before parting them away and looking into his eyes.

Galmied quickly dodged away from any follow-up strike catching his breath he shrugged.
    “I dinnae really know, they looked to be human. But they were huge and they talked in an accent I havenae heard before. They run a bonny wee toy store called um...Sjerdthaun Leker, or Heartland Toys in the common tongue. Now I know I’ve heard the word Sjerdthaun before, init that the name of the old continent far to the south?” He readied another low attack, he grabbed up some hay and threw it up at the woman’s face and tried to knick her thigh, but aimed high and actually cut the fabric of her panties some leaving a slice in the front band.

Sabin watched as the fabric flapped around her lower thighs, but acted as calm as she cold, “Hmm… Ice, huge and have accent… I can get behind that”, she smiled, “Oh wait we are talking about those couples, didn’t we?”, she chuckled as she picked her blades, while the fabric around her waist was slowly starting to give in, “I said, I will help Orfiel with the vampires… We must do something… I want your help in this…”, she nodded, “Also… What were you doing in a toy store?”, she jumped in at him, aiming one of her blades to his face, which he easily dodged, of course, she expected it, as the second blade landed closer to his lower area, slashing his pants like scissors, but not enough to make them drop off completely. She jumped back from him, looking at him with a smiling face, “I hope you do have spare shorts”

The man laughed skipping away looking at the slice in his crotch area the fabric ripping higher up with each step, it was a nice little breeze though. He flipped the dirk into and under hand position winking at her. “Hehe, you’ll need to beat me to learn that lass. Let’s change locations before we wake anyone up.” With that he smiled and quicker than such a large man should he scaled the wall around the Dwarf smith’s backyard and up the fire escape of a building.

“Hey there my orc, I’m faster than you!”, She winked at him, as she appeared right ahead of him, already making her way to the secret location they found out, which was the rooftop. She helped him climb up and pulled his arms to get him inside the window which led into the room.

Galmied laughed taking the chance to quickly slice the last strap of Sabin’s bra off and pull the garment away before getting back into a fighting stance skipping across the tile floor around a lit up bathing pool. “And we’re still sparring my valkyrie, be careful calling me an Orc though Dire might think yer talking about him. But why would ye need me to fight Vampires?” He asked keeping his eyes locked on hers, avoiding the desire to stare at her now bare chest.

“Because it will be the right thing to do”, she nodded as she kissed him, walking before him, fully aware that being exposed like that gave her some advantages, “Because helping the nice man who took us in and his family see through some more years to come without fear will be honorable. I want you to join me in on this… Not just you, Dire too. If Guk-Guk was older I would get her to join too. I’m asking you to approve because I promised you I woudln’’t do another reckless without your support, “She hugged him closely as she started to kiss his neck.“ While he seemed to lose himself in her act and the mood, she pulled his dirk from his hand (which was hers) and used it to slice up his pants from behind. She backed away, her chest swagging a little as she moved and heaved, her dirk held at a gunpoint, “you need be on guard too, love”

The Snow Elf laughed, she had him, but he wasn’t going to let her win without some more fun. He quickly grabbed her outstretched hand and pulled her to him pressing their chests together and quickly ripping the rest of her panties away biting her neck in desire. He pulled back licking the dark blue mark placing his hands firmly on her shapely rear. “Hmm I guess you win lassie, I’ll help if I can, but my experience with Vampire fightin’ is very small.” He brought his hands around to cup her breasts squeezing them fondly. “So what should my bonny wee winner get?”

“I am on top tonight!”, she winked as she pulled his hand and mark him to follow her. There in the corner they noticed a medium size barrel of water, enough to carry at least 4 people in. She dipped her fingers in, “Warm!”, she giggled as she looked at him, moving around him. Galmied was smart enough to realize what she had in store as she slowly started to unbuckle his pants, but before long she shoved him inside, water splashing as she turned around only to find her already climbing on top of him, “Let’s be silent”, she smiled as she started to move over him, enjoying his soft wet body under her.

“What’s this?”, he asked her. They both wrapped themselves in towels as they walked in silence to their room.

“A baby duckling”

“It’s blue”, Galmied gazed at the stuffed animal.

“I bought few more clothes for all of us and Guk-Guk and other necessary items, and this… just stared at me from the stall”, Sabin blushed, “It remind me of you”, she stared at him with loving eyes, “I want you to have it”

The big Elf chuckled quietly so as to not wake Guk-Guk who was asleep in her and Dire’s bed suckin on Lil Bone’s arm as she slept. It was an adorable habit they’ve been trying to break her off, but she looked too cute right now to bother. He looked down at the little animal chuckling, did he really remind her of a fluffy little baby duck?

It was too sweet a notion to question it, but it seemed the Wild Brothers were playing an amusing game with them again because he got something like that for Sabin. He leaned in cupped her face and kissed her deeply again. “That is very sweet, my love. And it seemed fated because...well close yer eyes and hold out your hands.” Sabin tightened the towel around her body so she wouldn’t need to hold it up with her hands and then held them out smiling cutely. The Snow Elf rooted around in his bag for a little bit finding some small clothes and pants to put on, before he pulled out the little stuffed bunny bringing it over and placing it in Sabin’s outstretched hands. “Open ‘em lass.” He said softly hugging his little duck some in anticipation.

Sabin was excited to receive the gift. She started to pull on the ribbon as it opened up and freed the box. She then opened it up slowly and just the small sight inside of it made her laugh so much that she almost didn’t mind the fact she could have woke Guk-Guk, “My goddess, really? Awww”, she hugged him as she took out the stuffed bunny, still chuckling and blushing, “That’s adorable!!! Thank you so much, love!”, she smiled as she continued to appreciate the crafting and fur quality of the toy.

Galmied smiled shushing her quietly. “I saw it in that Heartland Toys store, and the owners were quite the jolly pair, their laughter filled me with the same kind of joy. And then I saw this wee bunny, it is almost the same color as ye. And it’s adorable pouty lips reminded me of yours. So I bought it, hoping ye would like it. I dinnae ken if ye had or liked toys in your youth, so took a gamble. And the funny thing is, the woman thought I was buying it for mi daughter? Can ye imagine? Us having a daughter, I mean aside from Guk-Guk over there?” It was something of a tactical question hiding a real question, his vision had been playing over in his mind nearly every night since they left Sàmhach. And still it never showed who the mother of his child was, but if Sabin didn’t want kids or was unable to have them then his horror would be realized quickly. But even with these grim thoughts he kept a smile on his face.

It was then they heard a pair of chuckles from the door of the room. They turned to see both Dire and Daryl with mugs of mead in their hands watching them. The Dwarf spoke first.
    “Ah young love, ain’t it beautiful my good Orc?”

Dire nodded taking a long draught of his cup.
    “Yes, just like children on their first date. You two get dressed, the honorable Dwarf here has some news on Guk-Guk he would like to tell you. Leave your toys in here though kids.” With that the two old males left the room letting the Elves change in peace.

Sabin laughed heartily, even though she was blushing from the surprising appearnce, “I better put some clothes on”, she kissed Galmied. She then consider his last words, “Us having a daughter?”, she rubbed her belly as a smile filled her lips and she chuckled, “It’s not that crazy...”, she said before she headed to get her clothes.

In a few minutes both Galmied and Sabin were dressed in more comfortable clothes than armor. Galmied was in a pair of long ice colored pants, a white undershirt, short brown boots. and blue vest. Sabion was wearing the new set of clothes she bought today. It consisted of tight leather pants, knee-high black boots, and a breezy blouse the color of the night sky and her hair was pulled back by a bright red headscarf. It suited her very well, they soon joined Dire and Master Brickheart at the family table. The Dwarf slid to mugs of strong smelling mead to them and motioned for the pair to sit down.

“So… let’s talk about our talented girlie”, Daryl started to speak as he took out something from his pockets, “Frankly I was unsure, why our lovely lady Sabin insisted that she be with me and the Orc, when today, the little whelp created this”, Daryl showed them what appeared to be a beautiful necklace made of simple stones, “I don’t have any rare quality gems, but even with this simple marbles, the girl was able to produce a lovely jewel. She has a talent. How did you know of it, lady Sabin?”

Sabin crossed her legs, “I simply listen to her when she talks. She told me her mother had the gift and run a shop… and she told me she helped her… I wanted to know if she might have more talent in store than just the little she let me know of”.

“Aye, she does”, Daryl got up and brought a large box and put it before them, opening it slowly, “Snow elf, your kind are very good with appearaciting objects. The quality of this sword is not masterpiece by so, but do give your honest opinion”

Galmied nodded lifting the sword up, expertly studying it. The Smith was right, it wasn’t perfect. There was a little wave in the blade and the hilt had a wiggle but all in all it looked good for an apprentice’s first attempt. “Guk-Guk make this I take it?”

The Dwarf nodded.
    “Ay she did with some help from her Gampa here.” He chuckled thunking Dire’s meaty shoulder.

The big Orc nodded.
    “Hmm yes.”
    Galmied nodded handing the sword back, he and Sabin have been discussing asking the Dwarf to take the child on as his apprentice, so now seemed like as good a time as any.
    “I’m glad she has potential, do ye think she could study under ye for a wee bit?”

Daryl shrugged refilling his cup.
    “Yes, she could but she wouldn’t learn all she needs to learn with me?”

Sabin quirked her eyebrow, she wasn’t steeped in the Smithing arts, but it seemed like the same kind of work goes into such things.
    “Why not?”

Dire answered for the Dwarf.
    “He’s a Dwarf and she’s a Goblin/Orc.”

Sabin’s narrowed her eyes.
    “So?”

Daryl had returned from filling his cup and answered again.
    “So each race that has a natural inclination towards the Smithings arts has a unique set of skills, tools, and natural types of of the art they are best skilled in. For Dwarves, our forte is armor, for Orcs it’s weaponry, Wood Elves are best at making bows and arrows.”

Dire picked up the topic again.
    “And for Goblin’s it is jewelry and traps. Master Brickheart can teach her the basics, but she’ll be too small even fully grown to learn much else, in his race’s style of Blacksmithing.”

The Dwarf nodded taking a long swallow of his mead.
    “Aye, ya see all I have are Dwarven smithing tools and materials in my forge. Stuff fo heavy weapons heavy armor. And none of it really requires intricate detail, the type of stuff a Goblin’s small quick hands and keen eye for details are perfect for. Her natural skills would be wasted being my apprentice.”

Galmied blew out a breath sipping his mug slowly.
    “So what does that mean? Do we need to find her a Goblin teacher?”

Daryl nodded.
    “Ay, and preferably a female one, she’ll be safer.”

Sabin’s quieted motherly instincts kicked in some. She hoped the Dwarf wasn’t implying something vile.
    “And why is that?”

Dire growled lightly patting her arm.
    “Don’t worry Sabin, he and I had this same discussion it’s nothing bad. It’s just that female Goblins are far more skilled at being jewelers and we want Guk-Guk to have the best.”

The Dwarf nodded slowly, he probably should’ve worded that a little better. Dire had told him some of the little girl’s past, not a lot, but enough to put him off his dinner that night.
    “Yes, yes, ya see male Goblin smiths normally work with making traps and explosives. And they have a bit of devil-may-care attitude which results in them blowing their shops up sometimes.”

“I never guessed that there were so many variety to the art of crafting”, Sabin said slowly, “It does make sense since even among our kin, we train to battle in different style and different weapons. So is it typical for Goblin females to handle such craft? Where would we go about finding a goblin lady to train her? And not only that, does Guk-Guk enjoys crafting jewelry? What I did was only finding out if her talent was real, but I want to make sure she finds joy in this”, Sabin narrowed her eyes, “I want her to have good life. I want her to have something she could relay on in case I was not around for her, or if something were to happen to any of us”

Galmied looped his arm around Sabin’s shoulder kissing the side of her head.
    “Ay, she deserves some stability.”

Dire shrugged lightly.
    “It’s not a common thing for Goblinesses to go into smithing no. You see in Goblin culture andi n their main citystate of Shinestone, while the sexes are mostly equal in terms of ability and opportunity, the women who are wed usually dedicate themselves to birthing children and caring for them. As in their traditional religion of emulating the Earth Mother who first created Goblins. Home and hearth, are the mother’s honor in the Tenets of Earth.

“It sounds so dull”, Sabin said twisting her lips in annoyance. She then quickly looked at Galmied, “Not that I’m saying that giving birth is bad thing, but just being busy at the house sounds so… What I’m trying to say is, it needs to be shared responsibility, and I think women need to find something to enrich their lives aside from just being a baby oven”, she blushed and shook her head, “Mother used to really take a liking to plants and flowers, and she also run our clan… even though she was fertile and gave birth to many children”, Sabin then consider Dire words. They might have been true, but it could be a perspective that didn’t reflect reality, and didn’t mean it was so as a rule, “Where we could find more liberated female goblins then?”, she asked, “It’s pretty clear that Guk-Guk’s mother was either an exception, or that she simply did not live in the main city of the goblins”.

Dire chuckled lightly shaking his head.
    “I know it may look like that from the outside. But inside Shinestone, it’s not quite that black and white. The Goblin race is very industrious, they are almost like the Dwarves in that sense. While it’s hard to get a Goblin to focus sometimes, when they do it’s almost inspiring. Goblin’s are a small race both in size and in population. In their own oral traditions the Earth Mother was weak after creating the world and as such she didn’t make a home for the Goblin people before she fell into her eternal slumber. So they were nomads for much of their early existence. And it is dangerous to have children in the aboveground world so they just stopped. And soon they began to die off, eventually they found their original home of Underhome. But still they didn’t breed, they were too busy mining the rich ores and rare gems from the walls. But they dug too deep and soon Underhome was destroyed which killed even more of them. So once again they were nomads, until they bought Shinestone mine from the Dwarves. And that was some two thousand years ago according to them. And it seems to explain the low birthrate of the race to the rest of us. Goblins never have more than one child at a time, and many don’t make it to adulthood. So many married Gobliness are eager to begin having children, and watch over them like hawks. The males usually spend their days bringing home money and doing many of the house chores.”

Daryl had emptied and refilled another mug of mead before Dire was finished.
    “Ay, they’re a very accident prone people so the mothers rarely take chances. Now I remember hearing about Guk-Guk’s mother Jik-Jik dying in the latest Balefire turf war. And she was one of two Gobliness I knew about who was a craftswoman. The other is a younger woman named Ci-Ci. She’s part of a roving trade caravan that goes between Excelsior, Shinestone, and the Dwarven Capital of Diamonddust. I don’t recall how their route exactly works, but if you head west along the main roads you’d be likely to find them.”

“That’s wonderful news!”, Sabin said and smiled, “But we are still no where close to knowing where we should aim ourselves to… but I guess that’s a topic for another day. I’m sort of happy you are all still awake… I need to discuss with you all… about our recent blood epidemic issue we are having…”

“Why did you invited her to lunch???”, Jophiel was slamming her fist on the bed, panting as she heaved her naked bosom with rage, she quickly realized she was acting rather huffy and she fixed her posture and the sheets that were wrapped around her naked body, “I… I just don’t understand you Orfiel…”, there was sadness in her eyes as she spoke, like at any moment her dark skinned rival will swoop down and take her lover away. Which, to be honest, Jophiel always feared to be a reasonable possibilities. She knew there was no way to actually make him forget about Sabin, and it was a given- She even told him she understand it, and wanted to grow together with him, but the fear made her always act a bit on her bad manners.

Orfiel who was standing in the buff drinking some water from a glass sighed softly as he placed the glass down and sat on the bed. It was a wise choice for him to wait until after they coupled to tell her, but they never kept secrets from each other. So he knew Jophiel would eventually need to know about what happened between him and Sabin.

He watched her silently, her arms were crossed under your bust pushing the breast up, he posture was obviously peeved, but deep down he knew she was deeply hurt. He sat besides her wrapping her firmly in his strong arms. “I know and I’m sorry Jophy, but I thought it would help mend things between us.” He kissed her bare shoulder a little.

“But why do you need to do it?”, she heaved, fixed in her place as she dug her face between her palms, “I don’t get it… I thought we were behind it... “, she sighed, “Is it over now? Did you talk it through… or is there something else you are not telling me?”

Orfiel sighed letting her go and leaning back in the bed looking up at the ceiling. He told her about the lunch and what they talked about even about her butting herself into their Vampire hunt. But that wasn’t what pained him the most. It was the fact that just seeing her reopened all the wounds he thought were passed. And while bedding Jophiel had helped with the lustful thoughts from seeing Sabin today they weren’t the same as lovers. Sabin was wild and passionate, Jophiel was submissive but vastly more eager and romantic. And he liked Sabin’s wild side a lot, but there was more to it than simple sex.
    “I...I don’t know, I thought seeing her and hearing how genuinely sorry she was about how things ended would bring some closure. But it didn’t it just tore open old wounds.”

Jophiel turned around slowly. As much as it pained her hearing him speaking of another woman, seeing him in pain made her lose her guards, before long she was lying beside him taking his hands in hers, “I’m sorry”, she said as she turned to look at the same spot in the ceiling, “I’m genuinely sorry”, she tightened her grip over his hands, “I’m still here for you, okay?”, she got up and looked into his eyes, “I’m here for you… And hey, if she wants so badly to help us… I’m okay with it… We might finally be done with it… the whole vampire deal too, and dunno, maybe go about that vacation you promised me? Or actually get our marriage in order?”, she kissed him, “You are not going to get rid of me so easily see?”, she smiled, “And I will be there for you, so let’s just see this through…”

She then looked around the room, “You want it, don’t you? Be with me, that is?”

Orfiel let out a big smile and pulled his fiance into his lap. The blanket fell away and he studied her smooth pale body bringing his hands up to settle their groins together and hold her hips. He leaned up and kissed her taut stomach fondly. “Of course my love, with the Mountain Father as my witness.” He began kissing up her body and over her breasts before kissing her on the lips.

She joyfully leaned in to plant him a big kiss, “Good, then all forgiven”, she tossed around the sheet that covered her body as she began to reworking her body against his for a second round.

“What are you saying?”, Said Daryl, “This is our problem, Sabin, and as much as I appreciate your concern, I would rather have you all move along and not dwell into this matter”

“That’s the issue, I just can’t”, Sabin nodded, “Orfiel told me they are pretty much the only working hands around here. And even though we all have much bigger issue to solve, I can’t let this problem continue mainly when…”

Sabin got up, “Four years ago, I helped a case here. It was part of a bigger mission for my clan, as this city was on a lockdown and we lost contacts with one of our agents in here. So from finding his whereabouts I ended up meeting a certain vampire, who claimed, time and time again, that he was not at fault. Which was true”

Daryl spitted, “Pacifist blood sucker?”, he looked hurt and upset, “I’d say any good of them lot is only dead ones”

“He was a good man…. vampire… he was good… Anyway, behind the scenes I was able to take down the real culprit, and the other vampire agreed to be captured so we will have proof that the issue was done with. I later freed him as promised and nothing happened in this town since, right?”

“Aye”, Daryl nodded, “The recent attacks started only few months ago, and they certainly were not done by one men --- they seemed to be done in group and were very organized”.

“Yeah… see Gideon never liked company too much. He really liked sitting in his house, fixing toys, donating and helping the poor, while staying away from social minglings. I’m sure most of you never even knew he was around. Maybe you saw him here and there, but he was not one to get himself a name”

“Gideon?”, Dire seems somewhat surprise, “I caught that name right?”

“Yes, that’s his name”, Sabin said, “Why?”

The Orc growled lightly emptying his mug.
    “That was the name of the man who scared the Vampires away from myself and Galmied. The called him...the accursed. And he addressed them as the children of Malachi.”

The Snow Elf had been drinking in silence listening to Sabin’s plan, but a few thing stuck out to him. One; she seemed to have lied to Orfiel about all that happened, and this Gideon seemed to know Sabin far more intimately than most would. Was he about to save two former lovers of his woman? He was quiet, but these were things he needed answers to.
    “Where was Orfiel during all this meeting of a “good” vampire? Seems like something he’d be part of.”

“He was not part of them…”, Sabin said, “One of the deeming points I found about him, was the fact he was not so accepting in a lot of matters. Maybe I should have given him the benefit of the doubt, but I didn’t. He was too hot headed, and I knew he might not understand it as I did”, Sabin looked at Galmied, “When I parted with Orfiel I set the vampire free. If you want to ask more, go ahead…”

The Elf’s face hardened a little. So she lied to him, he began to understand the man a little better now. How would he react if she kept something that important from him? But he had one more question. One that possibly pained him even more.
    “This Gideon knew your scent Sabin, he smelt it on me and the way he reacted to it. Like seeing a fine wine he hadn’t tasted in a long time. A strange kind of joy and remembrance, almost like a long forgotten lover. Why?” His eyes saddened some, but he kept his face steady.

“We were former lovers, met on a very different mission, and we were parted at this point. While I did help Gideon I did not do anything further with him, as I was, at that point with Orfiel however-- that night… The night I ran away from Orfiel I was so broken… and lost with myself… I ended up sleeping with the vampire but honest to the goddesses, I parted the night with him and never saw him since. I felt horrible with myself. Disgusted with what I did. I stayed underground from this point onward… until the death of my mother”, Sabin sighed, “I’m sorry… I…”, Sabin considered her words, “By the twin goddesses… this is all too much, isn’t it?… You have more questions, I will answer them all, I promise”

Galmied finished his drink in one gulp then waved his hand dismissively. She was his now, what happened before doesn’t matter for either of them now. “No, we have more pressing matter to address right now. Lives are at stake, where are we to meet them to plan this small war?”

The Dwarf scoffed thunking his mug down.
    “Not in my house I hope. I’m happy to keep an eye on Guk-Guk, and let you all sleep here. But I do not want talk of war and slaying in my house and around my family. That is where I’m afraid I must draw the line.”

“No, sir. You’ve done more than enough for us, and we would not risk your family…", Sabin said, "I was thinking either one of the two options: a. We go to the old church of the order, I’m sure that’s where Orfiel is staying now, or b. We actually put ourselves as bait by strolling in the night and wait for the vampires to show up and for Gideon to rescue us. If he was able to sniff me on Galmied, I’m sure exposing my blood will lure him just as quickly. One of them needs to be our starting point, and this time, everyone will be involved in this, no one will be left in the dark”.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Adorable co-op

Dire nodded slowly as Sabin spoke, but only one plan made any sense.
    “We will go to the Church. I haven’t lived this long making myself bait for anyone.”

Galmied nodded finishing his drink.
    “Ay, aside from you lass I don’t think either of us have really fought against Vampires.” He looked at the Orc who nodded, he’s killed many things in his career as a Merc, but whenever he was hired to go into anyplace that were rumored to have Vampires, a Vampire Hunter was also hired along with them and they took care of the blood suckers.

Daryl nodded quickly.
    “Yes, that sounds like the wisest course now come get your things I’ll see ya out.”

Even though Sabin said nothing, she had agreed that was the best call. Whoever they were facing with, must be near another elder level such as Gideon, because knowing Gideon he would not have let such trouble continue if he could put a stop to it. So if someone as powerful as him was around, they had a lot to worry about. It took a lot of efforts to kill an elder and you must be aided by a follow elder to make the finishing blow. This was going to be extremely complicated.

The people moved from the their seats, but a sad voice called from the bedroom.
    “Momma Saba.” It was Guk-Guk a nightmare might’ve woken her up.

Sabin looked worried. She was still not used to being called mother, but found it to be adorable still.

The Dwarf sighed sitting back down.
    “You best go see her Ms. Togar. That little kid is very fond of you, even working the forge she kept asking when you’d be back. My Tarina did her best to comfort and answer what questions she had, but she kept saying she needs her mother’s touch.”

“Mother’s touch”, Sabin smiled softly. If her worries about conceiving were true, then those words were much more ironic than the dwarf may have imagined.

Galmied smiled patting Sabin’s back.
    “That’s you my love, go on we have some time before ye wanted to go to the Church.”

“I guess… can’t let her miss her bedtime afterall”.

Sabin closed the door behind her and once the two were alone she aimed her way for the bed Dire and Guk-Guk shared together and tapped on the sheets, waiting for the goblin girl to follow and sit beside her, “How are you holding up?”, she smiled. She figured it had something to do with her recent bleeding. To be honest, even if she was prepared for it, the event itself is always a little traumatic.

The little girl had been curled into a ball holding her hands over her lower abdomen crying gently when Sabin entered and sat down. Guk-Guk struggled up her body feeling heavier than it should. She crawled over to Sabin and plunked herself down partially leaning on the Elf’s arm while still rubbing her stomach some.
    “Guk-Guk no feel good.” She was tired still so she slipped into her former pattern of speech. “How much more this happen?”

“Each and every month… until you will have a baby… and then it will continue some more, until your body will go into changes when you are older”.

The girl groaned curling into Sabin some more.
    “Ugh Guk-Guk no want baby if need do this alla time. Shadow Men always they likea Guk-Guk, cuz she no able to have baby. Guk-Guk bleed then too, what they say now?. ” Tears fell from Guk-Guk’s face now, tears of pain as well as sadness. For years those were the only kind words many people said to her, and for so long she began to think she couldn’t, but now she’s being told she could.

Sabin hugged the girl tightly, “Those were horrible memories and men, abusing your trust and your body, but when the time comes… when you find your own prince, like Gal… Will you not want to have a little Guk-Guk too?”, she carefully moved her hairs around her ears and kissed her forehead, “What do you think of that?”

The girl shrugged wrapping her arms around the Dark Elf.
    “Guk-Guk don’t know, she no think she be good mommy like Saba.” The girl looked up at Sabin sniffing a little. “Saba like being Guk-Guk’s momma right? Guk-Guk know she not real daughter, but Guk-Guk hope she be good enough til Momma Saba and Uncle Gemmy have real daughter. Momma Saba do wanna be real momma right? Like Ms. Tarina “

“That’s the plan”, Sabin smiled, “And I’m sure you’d make a great mother when the time is ready for you… and if you still won’t want children, that’s okay too, because you, and you alone will have the control for your body”, She considered, “And of course I like Guk-Guk being my daughter, I’d never replace you”.

Guk-Guk let out a smile and leaned up kissing Sabin on the cheek.
    “Guk-Guk love you Momma Saba.” She winced lightly in pain then sighed and laid her head down on Sabin’s lap. “Ugh, is it alma over?” She asked rubbing her stomach again.

“I love you too Guk-Guk”. Sabin said rubbing the girl's back slowly, the warm feelings of being considered mother to this amazing little girl, made her feel so strangely happy. Then she noticed the girl was rubbing her belly again and realized the goblin girl might be experiencing some pain. While Sabin never truly had too much of a painful time, during her periods, she knew from her other friends and sisters that it was possible to have it come in waves of throbbing and hurtful sensations. “Does it hurt Guk-Guk?”. She then pulled out a vial and added a small herb into it and some colorless liquid. She waited for the green to dissolve within and handed it over to Guk-Guk while also handing her a small jar of honey, “It may taste funny, so feel free to eat some sweets with it. But trust me, this will make the pain go away”.

Guk-Guk slowly sat up again nodding.
    “Ok momma.” She whined gently as she drank the vial instantly making a grimace, but she quickly poured some honey in after it and sighed falling sideways back onto her pillow. It did feel a little better. “Momma so smart, thankies. Will it help Guk-Guk sleep? Lil Bone runaway somwhere, he no like blood. Guk-Guk alwa have trouble without Lil Bone.”

Sabin kissed Guk-Guk's head. “You simply misplaced it didn’t you?”, Sabin looked around her. It sure seemed odd for the girl to go about without that toy nearby, “I tell you what. You go to sleep and I’ll find it for you okay?”

The Goblin girl nodded pulling the blankets up over her head and caccoonning into them some.
    “Just pet his head and tell him it nuffin to be scared of please. Guk-Guk not hurt, just growin’ up.”

“Of course!”, Sabin tried to act up the scene with her adopted daughter. “He must be real shook up too. I’m sure he just needs a little reassurances, and be told he doesn’t need to be too far away from you as well. He’s probably all alone and scared, so I better find him quickly!”.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-18-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Dire nodded slowly as Sabin spoke, but only one plan made any sense.
    “We will go to the Church. I haven’t lived this long making myself bait for anyone.”

Galmied nodded finishing his drink.
    “Ay, aside from you lass I don’t think either of us have really fought against Vampires.” He looked at the Orc who nodded, he’s killed many things in his career as a Merc, but whenever he was hired to go into anyplace that were rumored to have Vampires, a Vampire Hunter was also hired along with them and they took care of the blood suckers.

Daryl nodded quickly.
    “Yes, that sounds like the wisest course now come get your things I’ll see ya out.”

Even though Sabin said nothing, she had agreed that was the best call. Whoever they were facing with, must be near another elder level such as Gideon, because knowing Gideon he would not have let such trouble continue if he could put a stop to it. So if someone as powerful as him was around, they had a lot to worry about. It took a lot of efforts to kill an elder and you must be aided by a follow elder to make the finishing blow. This was going to be extremely complicated.

The people moved from the their seats, but a sad voice called from the bedroom.
    “Momma Saba.” It was Guk-Guk a nightmare might’ve woken her up.

Sabin looked worried. She was still not used to being called mother, but found it to be adorable still.

The Dwarf sighed sitting back down.
    “You best go see her Ms. Togar. That little kid is very fond of you, even working the forge she kept asking when you’d be back. My Tarina did her best to comfort and answer what questions she had, but she kept saying she needs her mother’s touch.”

“Mother’s touch”, Sabin smiled softly. If her worries about conceiving were true, then those words were much more ironic than the dwarf may have imagined.

Galmied smiled patting Sabin’s back.
    “That’s you my love, go on we have some time before ye wanted to go to the Church.”

“I guess… can’t let her miss her bedtime afterall”.

Sabin closed the door behind her and once the two were alone she aimed her way for the bed Dire and Guk-Guk shared together and tapped on the sheets, waiting for the goblin girl to follow and sit beside her, “How are you holding up?”, she smiled. She figured it had something to do with her recent bleeding. To be honest, even if she was prepared for it, the event itself is always a little traumatic.

The little girl had been curled into a ball holding her hands over her lower abdomen crying gently when Sabin entered and sat down. Guk-Guk struggled up her body feeling heavier than it should. She crawled over to Sabin and plunked herself down partially leaning on the Elf’s arm while still rubbing her stomach some.
    “Guk-Guk no feel good.” She was tired still so she slipped into her former pattern of speech. “How much more this happen?”

“Each and every month… until you will have a baby… and then it will continue some more, until your body will go into changes when you are older”.

The girl groaned curling into Sabin some more.
    “Ugh Guk-Guk no want baby if need do this alla time. Shadow Men always they likea Guk-Guk, cuz she no able to have baby. Guk-Guk bleed then too, what they say now?. ” Tears fell from Guk-Guk’s face now, tears of pain as well as sadness. For years those were the only kind words many people said to her, and for so long she began to think she couldn’t, but now she’s being told she could.

Sabin hugged the girl tightly, “Those were horrible memories and men, abusing your trust and your body, but when the time comes… when you find your own prince, like Gal… Will you not want to have a little Guk-Guk too?”, she carefully moved her hairs around her ears and kissed her forehead, “What do you think of that?”

The girl shrugged wrapping her arms around the Dark Elf.
    “Guk-Guk don’t know, she no think she be good mommy like Saba.” The girl looked up at Sabin sniffing a little. “Saba like being Guk-Guk’s momma right? Guk-Guk know she not real daughter, but Guk-Guk hope she be good enough til Momma Saba and Uncle Gemmy have real daughter. Momma Saba do wanna be real momma right? Like Ms. Tarina “

“That’s the plan”, Sabin smiled, “And I’m sure you’d make a great mother when the time is ready for you… and if you still won’t want children, that’s okay too, because you, and you alone will have the control for your body”, She considered, “And of course I like Guk-Guk being my daughter, I’d never replace you”.

Guk-Guk let out a smile and leaned up kissing Sabin on the cheek.
    “Guk-Guk love you Momma Saba.” She winced lightly in pain then sighed and laid her head down on Sabin’s lap. “Ugh, is it alma over?” She asked rubbing her stomach again.

“I love you too Guk-Guk”, Sabin noticed the girl had rubbed her belly and realized the goblin girl might have experienced some pain. While Sabin never truly had too much of a painful time, during her periods, she knew from her other friends and sisters that it was possible to have it come in waves of throbbing and hurtful sensations, “Does it hurt Guk-Guk?”, she then pulled out a vial and added into it a small herb and some colourless liquid. She waited for the green to dissolve within and handed it over to Guk-Guk while also handing her a small jar of honey, “It may taste funny, so feel free to eat some sweets with it. But trust me, this will make the pain go away”.

Guk-Guk slowly sat up again nodding.
    “Ok momma.” She whined gently as she drank the vial instantly making a grimace, but she quickly poured some honey in after it and sighed falling sideway back onto her pillow. It did feel a little better. “Momma so smart, thankies. Will it help Guk-Guk sleep? Lil Bone runaway somwhere, he no like blood. Guk-Guk alwa have trouble without Lil Bone.”

Sabin kissed Guk-Guk, “You simply misplaced it didn’t you?”, Sabin looked around her. It sure seemed odd for the girl to go about without that toy nearby, “I tell you what. You go to sleep and I’ll find it for you okay?”

The Goblin girl nodded pulling the blankets up over her head and cacconning into them some.
    “Just pet his head and tell him it nuffin to be scared of please. Guk-Guk not hurt, just growin’ up.”

“Of course!”, Sabin tried to act up the scene with her adopted daughter, “He must be real shook up too. I’m sure he just need a little reassurances, and he doesn’t to be too far away from you as well. He’s probably all alone and scared, so I better find him quickly!”.

“I am pleased to see you”

“I am not”, Sabin narrowed her eyes, “Do you have her toy?”

“This little doll? I sure do”, The white haired man approached Sabin as he carefully placed Lil Bone in her hands.

Sabin gazed at it for a moment before frowning, “The only reason I’m not smacking you right now, is for the simple fact that I see that you’ve actually repaired the ragged thing”

“I have weakness for children… mainly those that take joy in a particular treasured toy. When I saw that miserable thing I knew I had to fix it… You know me…”

Sabin smiled, “Yes I do”.

It brought her back to another time in her life… when she was younger and took a liking to those that mend things that were nearly broken. Not a lot of people will have their trade based on fixing toys these days. And that was the first thing that made her find this gentleman attractive… It was a pleasant thing to find out his hands were delicate with other things too.

“I didn’t see your shop around”.

“I promise you I would leave here. I sold the place long ago. I think the nice couples that bought it brought a lot of joy to children and I’m happy with the fact they are running it”

Sabin considered his words and recalled the story Galmied told her about a nearby toy shop with a merry couple in it. She wondered if it was the same. Speaking of Galmied, she realized it was probably best not to dawdled in the company of a former lover alone for too long. But as she gazed at the vampire and his honest expression and white hair, she couldn’t help but notice the same similars face lines that Galmied had when he was happy.

She began to fear she might truly had a “type” for the men she liked.

“Finding you here saves me the trouble of looking for you”

“Knowing you, you’d come with the riskiest solutions- for a little danger never stopped you. I suppose I should give you a small explanations for the recent children going amok”.

“Children? They are murderers Gideon!”

“Yes… I suppose they are… But… see… it’s rather complicated- I know that from your perspective they had done horrible things, but to them…”

“Yes, we are nutritions and lesser beings…”, Sabin sighed, “I recall our philosophical discussions we had regarding it”

“Yes, and while I personally worked hard to redeem myself of the will to drain blood, even standing near you can be a little trouble some. Anyway, Let me explain. Back then when you were still with the hunter Orfiel, we ended up removing one of pawns in a very powerful convent. It sure took a while for the rumors of his death to reach the ears of their pack leader, but once it did… well they tried their hardest to lure me out”

“Why?”

“I am, what is considered to be a traitor. ‘Shute’ - the one who steered from the right path. Remember…?”

“Yes, while the other vampire was not as high ranked elder as you, he was still an elder”

“Indeed, and to take him down, I needed to land the final blow… an act which looked down upon as the most horrible crime to our people. They set their men in here, but, I was true to my word I gave to you and removed myself from town long ago… but when death ruled this town and the bodies began to pile…”

“You had to return…”

“Yes… Looking back, it might have been the wrong path to choose. Had I stayed away, they would have gave up eventually… in truth they almost did… but then I was there, in flesh and… well.. Mind the pun… blood”, his lips curved upward into a sad smile.

“Do you know who they are?”

“Their methods were familiar to me, and the more of them I killed, the more information I gathered. They are of Malachi’s pack… the same convent to which I belonged to myself before I took my solo road. You can say we didn’t part in the most friendly manner… And as much as I would still consider him a friend, I would assume that my recent crime had been played into his hands like a good card in poker game. If he would remove me, he would gain two things. One the respect of the general community and probably additional favours… and he would rid himself of me, which to him would be very beneficial deal… just for the sake of it”

“Why?”, Sabin asked carefully

“I was that convent leader. And because of stupid fights I stepped down. But Malachi always felt like me stepping down was my way of telling him that I was above him. Which was not true. We simply didn’t get along as leaders together… and he could not get over the fact the others voted for me to ascend the leadership of the pack”

“That sounds horrible… Wanting you gone for the sake of it”

“No.. not for the sake of it… we are not mortals, remember? Petty hardship are below us… this is about respect and pride. In a lot of ways we are predators are ruled by the same guideline of such beasts, even though we consider ourselves above them. So this will actually be something which will be reasonable consider all or nothing deal. If Malachi will not be able to rid himself of me, he would never be able to raise above that setback that I placed when I left. I always knew that one day he will find the excuse he needed to pull that off… just hoped I would be able to get him when he does”

“And can’t you?”

“Not in my current state. An elder is elder, definitely, but years of putting myself off blood took their toll on me.I am not strong enough to face him, maybe in a fair dual, but he has the people support. I cannot use my more advanced skills to track him, and he will probably be surrounded by his people to guard him. To be honest I even consider asking your former ex for help, but figured that would do little good… I don’t think he likes me…”

Sabin smiled, “I will soften him… I plan to meet him tonight…”

“Oh boy”, Gideon sighed, “And your current mate is okay with it?”

“How did you-!”

Gideon picked and pointed on his nose, “Why do I constantly need to remind you that I work with a whole different set of senses than you? I’m very beastial in many ways. I could smell you all over him and figured he either killed you recently or was in constant contact with you. Seeing his general attitude and the way he carried himself, I struck off the ‘killer’ idea from the list”

Sabin shook her head.

“Of course, don’t worry love, I don’t mind. Once you are ready, I will always be-!”

Sabin hushed him with her hand, “Yeah, well no!”

“I am a very patient guy!”, Gideon grinned, “So I’ll give you all the space you need”, he chuckled as his body turned to mist, “Make sure that when you hand the doll to the pretty girl to tell her a good story about how it got fixed. Maybe a story of fairies? Little girls love them, don’t they?”

Sabin nodded with a smile. Gideon always had a soft spot for toddlers.

Which made her think of both Galmied and Orfiel.

By the Goddesses… she really did have a type…

Sabin walked slowly for the little girl’s bed and placed the, now fixed, Lil Bone beside her, making sure not to wake her.

“Momma Saba?”, Guk-Guk called from her sleep, and without opening her eyes, she sent her hands to hug her favorite toy.

“Sleep well, both of you”, Sabin kissed the little girl on the forehead, “The fairy of dream land took Lil Bone out for dinner in her magical realm. She kissed him and make sure he was healthy again”

Guk-Guk smiled in her sleep, soon, sinking into her own realm of dreams. Sucking on his arm again.

“Night, my child…”.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default One more huge co-op.

Sabin exited the room a warm smile on her face. The men were dressed and ready and Sabin’s armor which was being fixed up by Daryl was laid out on the table she could easily wear it over her current outfit. Galmied smiled adjusting his bow on his shoulder, he had been listening outside the door during the whole exchange between Sabin and Guk-Guk.
    “I dare say that wee girl loves you almost as much as she loves Y’gol. Did ye find Lil Bone?”

“I sure did. There was something attached to it too”, Sabin smiled, “We can strike off the idea of being used as live bait. Apparently our friendly neighborhood vampire had been tailing us for some time now. He also fixed Guk-Guk’s doll. He said he would help, but we would probably need to convince both Orfiel and Jophiel to open up to the idea”, Sabin then point her fingers on Galmied’s lips, “And before you ask further, nothing happened”, she kissed him, “I’m yours so you better marry me soon or run away”.

Sabin started to dress up, “Daryl really did good job with this… The armor sure feels lighter… I think my limbs are moving much easier in it too”.

The Dwarf nodded pouring himself some more drink.
    “Yea, you said it was a little tight around the chest and stomach so I let it out some and a few of your armor plates were shitty patchwork iron rather than the Fine Steel the rest of the suit is. Lucky for you I had some laying around, that shit is pricey. I also changed up some of the leather lining around your torso and arms. It’s not quite as sturdy as the old stuff, but it’ll give you an inch or two of more breathing room and more movement. I’d like to meet the smith who made it originally. Don’t see much Dark Elf armor, mostly just find the weapons being resold”, He finished his mug and let out a content burp pounding his chest lightly. “Alright I’m off to bed, with you lot stirring up Vampires I plan to lock all my doors and windows till morning.” He pulled a key out of his pocket and tossed it to Dire who he personally thought would be the best keeper of the key. The Orc caught it and slid it into the leather lining on his black steel breastplate. He’d been building up his rage all day, but even if he did go Berserker Vampires were tough bastards and the Orc didn’t want to make it easy to kill him.

The Dwarf nodded quickly pointing a warning finger at the three. “That’s the only spare key we got so don’t lose it or let a Vampire get it ok?”

The three fighters nodded and big the kind Dwarf farewell exiting the house and beginning to walk to the Church of the Mountain Father.

“Well, the one who made it was my father”, Sabin said while they walked, “The armor I mean. He wasn’t the best craftsman, but he sure loved pouring his will and personal design. I personally think he did a very good job. This armor served me for some years now, decades even…”, Sabin nodded, “But he obviously did better job with crafting objects and jewelry. He made excellent looking crystals, most of them shaped in the images of our gods and goddess. He loved working with his hands, “I am little surprised this got a bit more room now… I could swear it was fine just about a month ago”, Sabin looked at Dire and Galmied, “Are you all okay?”

Galmied had been mulling over what Sabin said before they left the Brickheart Home. “I’m yours so you better marry me soon or run away”. It wasn’t quite the same as saying I love you, but for Sabin it was almost as good as.
    He nodded slightly at the woman’s question.
    “Ay, I’m fine, just thinking.”

But it would be something to dwell on later, oddly enough he then began thinking about the Yulelairds and their shop. He knew he’s heard of the word Sjerdthaun somewhere before, but he couldn’t place it. He looked at Dire, the Orc was much older and far better traveled than either him or Sabin so maybe he’d know.
    “Oi Dire, what do ye know about Sjerdthaun?”

The old Orc grunted affirmation at both Galmied’s and Sabin’s questions, but answered the Snow Elf’s.
    “It’s the old name for the continent to the south of Eisignol. They call it Besignol now, why?”

Galmied nodded so he was right about where he’d heard it before.
    “I met a jolly couple today, Bertil and Agenta Yulelaird. They’re toymakers and the name of their shop is Sjerdthaun Leker.”

The Orc hmmed curiously.
    “Heartland Toys?”

Galmied looked up surprised at the Orc’s translation. He never said it around him so he must know the tongue some.
    “Ye know the language?”

Dire nodded placing his large hands on his head scratching his neck idly.
    “Some yes, it’s the old Iaegr tongue. Virtually a dead language nowadays, I learned it when I was working as a guard for King Dova’s grandfather King Havidar.”

The Elf continued to be intrigued.
    “How’d ye learn it there?”

Dire snorted crossing his arms over his chest while he walked.
    “I studied the records in my down time, which when you’re guarding a warrior king in the middle of his fortress you find yourself having a lot of. I learned what parts of the language I could. Many of the Humans in Eisignol can trace their ancestry back to the Iaegr who migrated up from Besignol thousands of generations ago. But the Dova line was smarter than the rest, they kept all the records from the Second Exodus of the Iaegr. Even some from those that fled to the Isle of Mist off the shared Western coast of Besignol and Eisignol. It’s how they made themselves the monarchs of the Human Race, they claimed to be descended from the first Jarl of the Iaegr, Harald the Dragonblooded. Now are you sure they said their names were Bertil and Agneta Yulelaird?”

Galmied nodded his eyes going wide a little at the Orc’s story.
    “Ay and they were far bigger and much more kind than any Human I’ve come across. Bertil was hugely built and had blonde hair. He was dressed in richly made green pants with white animal fur in his girdle and boots. And Agneta had short red hair and wore a deep red breastplate, skirt, and gauntlets, she was well built too, but not grossly so. They both also had bright gold eyes. They said they helped rebuild the Hall of Records after an earthquake damaged it and they called me an...Aelfir?”

Now it was Dire’s turn to look surprised.
    “The only earthquake I’ve ever heard of in Dominion history was over seventy years ago. And Aelfir is a very, very old term for Elf, it’s what the Iaegr called the first Elves they encountered when they landed on Besignol’s shores. They were the ancestors of both High Elves and Wood Elves when they were a united species. Were these two old?”

Galmied shrugged gently this was getting very strange.
    “Nae, the looked to be in their late twenties, early thirties.”

Dire shook his head.
    “That can’t be right, the only Bertil and Agnenta Yulelaird I’ve heard of were minor Gods among the Iaegr from thousands of years in the past. They were akin to seasonal spirits that embodied the old Iaegr holiday of Yule. And they looked exactly as you described these toy makers.”

Galmied straightened up confused.
    “How many Iaegr are left?”

Dire shrugged still in a little shock.
    “I don’t know, the old continent is by no means uninhabited, but the residents rarely venture this far up. And the pure Iaegr bloodline is all but spent, having mixed with many other races like Elves and other Humans who came from across the oceans to Eisignol and Besignol centuries ago. While not impossible it is very unlikely two Humans who perfectly fit the descriptions of the Iron Folks‘ Winter Gods would just be here.”

Galmied whistled gently. Did he just meet two very rare kinds of Humans, or did he meet with genuine Gods?
    “What could explain them then?”

Dire shook his head again, his wasn’t one to believe in Gods and Goddesses, but this world is too vast for the people of Eisignol to have found out all the answers.
    “I have no clue, and I’m not sure I really want to know.”

“Some mysteries are best left unanswered, aye?”, Sabin chuckled, “Father used to say that too, a lot. I always end up searching it through though. Since Gideon sold his shop and from the little you told, I can tell those are the same new owners, I bet he saw something in them that does not meet the eyes… but in our position, maybe it’s better not to dig into this… We have enough on our plates as it is… But Galmied, old gods rarely take interest in mortals… They probably saw something in you… or maybe in your whole path and direction… isn’t that so Dire?”

The Orc shrugged looking up as they began to reach the King’s District which neighbored the Market District to the west in which the Brickheart Home was.
    “I can’t speak of the minds and reasons of Gods.”

Galmied smiled at Sabin’s compliment he pulled her close kissing her cheek.
    “Maybe lassie, now where is this Church of the Mountain Father? Did the good brother tell you?

“I will lead you to it, just follow onward”

A triple knock on the door followed by two quick taps made Orfiel aware of the fact that Sabin was outside. He was surprise she still remembered their code.

He moved to open the door.

“Hello there!”, Sabin waved softly, “As I said I am here. I would like you to meet Sir Dire, and Sir Galmied”

Orfiel nodded patiently to the two men, being careful not to linger too long on the man who Sabin seemed in love with now. He could tell already this was going to be a long night, but nonetheless he offered both males his hand to shake.
    “Welcome friends to the Church of the Mountain Father please come in.”

Galmied’s shoulders tensed up a little at seeing Orfiel, but he quickly reminded himself that this was for the greater good. He curly shook Orfiel’s hand then moved past to join Sabin in the foyer of the small building.
    “Thank you for having us Brother Orfiel.”

Dire snorted at Sabin’s formal introductions. While Galmied might qualify as a “Sir” Dire personally hated titles. But he gripped the large Human’s hand and shook it.
    “Just call me Dire.”

He too moved past the Priest. Orfiel nodded closing and latching the door behind them. It was warded with Father Mikeil’s magic so no Vampire could enter unless invited. He came up behind the three and patted the male’s backs firmly.
    “Come the Father and Jophy are waiting for us in the underchambers where we prepare our tools for hunting the savage beast’s who terrorize this land of ours.” He walked around the three and began leading them down a series of staircases leading deep underground.

‘Jophy…’
    Sabin was a bit bothered with how he nicknamed her. Sure she was past the point of being able to say or protest, but it still hurt. Seeing his back moving away from her, made her upset and without realizing why, she reached for Galmied’s hand and tightened hers around it, “I’m thankful you are with me”, she said, and before long she followed the others.

Jophiel was waiting by the church’s father, and the first thing she noticed was the fact that Orfiel strided into the room with his head down. He was clearly bothered by the sight of Sabin and the other two. She could have tell that white haired one was probably Sabin’s mate. It was clear as day, everything about him gave off Orfiel vibe. It made her brows knitted together with anger, “Father, these are the people that will help us!”, Jophiel nodded her head softly to Sabin’s direction. As much as the sight of her made her uneasy, she still owed the Dark Elf her life.

Seated in a tall-backed chair was an old man wrapped in heavy gray robes. He once had deep black hair, but it has turned to a more steel colored it was done back in a type of short ponytail. Though he was old he still looked fit and strong, his hands showed old scars and proof of a couple of broken knuckles. He nodded to the newcomers standing slowly up from his seat leaning on the edge of the long table that had a map of Excelsior rolled out with small colored pins jabbed into it. It looked like they were systematically logging the areas of attack and possible Vampire nest and ones they’ve already cleared.

Father Mikeil’s voice was low and crackly, but it held both power and experience.
    “I welcome you all to our Church, I wish we could’ve met under better circumstances. But as it is we are here to discuss the eradication of murderous Vampires that have been plaguing our fair city for too long.” He began pointing to spots marked with a red pin. “These are places we’ve checked for the Coven. Old cemeteries, abandoned buildings, forgotten tombs, places big enough for a group of this size where shadows rule most of the day and well out of the normal foot traffic, but close enough to flee to in case of Hunters or when the sun comes up.” He sighed shaking his head slowly. “Each one proved empty and a couple we got permission from the King’s court to burn down so they couldn’t be reused”.

Ofiel took over pointing to the green and yellow pins.
    “These green pins mark where we’ve met and defeated Vampires, and the yellow are where we’ve met them, but couldn’t kill them. As you can see the yellow far outnumber the green.”

Next was Jophiel’s turn she pointed to the various blue pins.
    “And these blue pins are where we’ve either seen evidence of Vampires or have gotten intel on, but we can’t get out to investigate them between our other duties.” She then pointed to a spot more in the outskirts of Excelsior with a richer blue colored pin, it was an old villa with the name Pyrsevious written above it. “And this one is the most frequently reported locations for Vampire sightings. The old Pyrsevious Villa, it was the site of the last big Coven we took down, but it was too large and well-built to burn the whole place down. We did manage to scatter traps and wards around the rubble, but once again not a perfect solution. And the sheer number of reports there make it suicide for just me an Big O to investigate.”

Mikeil nodded looking up between Sabin, Dire, and Galmied.
    “What say you?”

“With your permission, father, I would like to suggest something”, Sabin said carefully as she looked at all the member present, “Before we start anything, maybe it’s better to ask a direct source… I have a friend who wishes to join the cause… If you would have him”

The three Monster Hunters quirked their eyebrows as one, but Big O was the one to speak.
    “What kind of friend would this be Sabin?”

“To be honest, you are familiar with him… He was wrongfully accused for a crime another did…”, Sabin hoped that will be a good enough hint.

Orfiel and Jophiel’s eye widened, this time the woman spoke.
    “You don’t mean the blood sucker we killed years ago?”

“Oh yes. But you got few facts wrong. A. He was not killed by us, in fact it was the two of us who killed the responsible individual, however since we didn’t have a body he agreed to be captured. B. His death was a rouse. I freed him and he promised not to return”, Sabin paused, “But before you place other accusations on him, I believe it will be better to hear him out. He seems to have some intel on what’s going on. And since I’m sure the wards are strong, he will not be able to enter without a permission”, Sabin placed her hands on the tables, “I vouch for him”

Orfiel’s eyes hardened and his fists clenched tightly. So the Vampire he nearly died trying to catch was released by the woman he once loved. Jophiel gripped his hand tightly shaking her head at Sabin. “I hope you know what you’re doing Sabin, the last time my Orfiel fought that man he was nearly killed. As I’m sure you remember.” But as mad as she and O were at Sabin’s deception it wasn’t there call. They looked to Father Mikeil who simply nodded at the Dark Elf. He knew the story well, but they would need all the help they could get. “Very well Ms. Togar, but he is your responsibility. Anything that goes foul for us will be on your head.”

“Fine by me”, Sabin then narrowed her eyes, “The man who nearly killed you… I had the pleasure of putting him down personally… If anyone would have your head, it will be me and me alone, Orfiel”, She said as her heart beat in her chest feeling the pain of the man she loved. Even while Galmied was present, she had to say it out loud. At least to make him be aware she would never have hurt him like he suspected she did. She gently placed her hands on Galmied’s without looking at him. The situation was already too tight as it was and she felt any further words from her side will make them fight again, and that was the last thing she wanted now. “I shall head outside to get him, as I’m sure he is there right now... waiting. Father, what is the ritual word to allow entrance?”, she was already on her feet, eager to go up and get Gideon.

The old man sighed gently and stood up reaching for a long white ash staff that was leaning against the table. “I must beat him within an inch of his life with this staff and if he survive he’ll be allowed in.” His voice was so steady that no one was really sure if he was serious until he let out a light cackle ambling up the steps. “No, I am the only one who can break the Wards, and he must disarmed first.” With these final words Father Mikeil began heading back up the steps for the front door with the rest of the group following just in case.

“Even if you did have to beat him, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind”, Sabin chuckled. Gideon was the friendly sort, and since most things could hardly hurt him, he took a liking to dark humor stunts. To be honest, Sabin actually enjoyed watching him getting harmed too. Mostly because it get him the hint that she was not interested in him anymore.

Once outside, she opened the door, and watched the white haired man crouching outside, digging on the dirt in circles with his fingers. Sabin barely held herself from laughing, the sight was as adorable as seeing a beaten puppy waiting for his owners.

“About time! You sure take long to talk things out!” He got out and as his arms reached for her she quickly placed her hand on his face and pushed him away, “Not now, please?”

“Still playing hard to get… fine… I am an immortal, after all”, Gideon then noticed the holy men and his expression turned to be serious, “Greeting, respected Elder, the magic placed on this building is of a top quality. Am I permitted to enter?”

Mikeil studied the Vampire, his old face stoic, he looked back at Orfiel.
    “Brother Orfiel...search him...thoroughly.” Big O nodded cracking his knuckles and walking past the old man and Sabin moving towards Gideon.

“Wait! What?!”, Gideon quickly dashed behind Sabin, and barely peeked behind her shoulders, “Please no! Sabin, you must protect me from this man!”, He pointed at the hulk, “He hates my guts and you know it! How about instead you-!”

Sabin pushed him away, “There’s no way I will be the one to investigate you, or search you for that matter, would you rather Dire do it?”, She grinned, “Or Galmied”

The Vampire looked between the three men, “Err.. Can it be someone else?”

“Dire it is!”, Sabin said, pointing to the Orc to move forward, “But worry not, I don’t think you’ll find anything on him. For some reason, this one likes tea instead of weapons”

“I don’t get your intense hated for tea, dear, and heavens forbid, weapons… pff… savages tools”, He then looked at the people around him, “Well.. Most of them… Some…”, he coughed, “Didn’t mean you”

“No worries, we were not offended”, Sabin chuckled, “Dire, can you please?”

The Orc growled shaking his head.
    “The host chose already, it would be rude to overrule him.”

Galmied smirked enjoying watching the Vampire cower.
    “Besides, I think Orfiel owes him something’.”

The Priest nodded and roughly shoved Gideon against the wall of the Church forcing his arms and legs apart roughly beating the pale man’s body like you would beat a rug to dust it. “Hold still or I may mistake a twitch for an attack.” It was a genuine warning, but he secretly hoped Gideon would get froggy.

Gideon bit his lips, “You sure are aggressive, I can get that it can inspire something with the ladies, but you really shouldn’t-!”, the look Orfiel gave him made him pause and be silent.

Once the physical inspection was done Mikeil handed Big O his White Ash staff and ran it over the immortal’s body. “Well you aren’t carrying a physical weapon, but you could have magic about you.”

“Ah! A clever observation, young man, indeed we do not need to be physically armed, and as for magic scrolls, or the likes, I really dislike them altogether. I do have personal skills akin to such of my race that you are familiar with them”.

Orfiel quickly thunked Gideon on the head to silence him. “Do you ever shut up?”

“I find your insults peculiar, am I not under investigation right now? I was sure you wanted to know all there is about me”

Orfiel thunked him harder leaving the white ash in place listening to it sizzle gently.
    “I can either scan you with this magic sensing staff or burn any spells or tracking motes from your skin. Now be quiet before I let Jophiel use her silver knife to cleanse you.” The staff was swung around Gidion’s body indicating no magic was attached to him. “Thank whatever Heathen God you follow Blood Sucker, you’re clean.” He added another sound thunk to the Vampire’s head for good measure before he handed the stick back to the Father. The old man chanted a soft spell and the air around them seemed to ripple as he brought down the Wards. “Enter now and be on your best behavior.” The Father stood aside waiting for everyone to enter so he could recast the Wards.

“Yes, respected elder”, The vampire nodded, after carefully petting his head. Sure he could have said straight out that silver did not harm him like normal vampires, but what good would it do. The lot of them seemed bent on seeing him in pain, and if it pleased them, it was better to just follow with it. After all he was not that bothered with the fact, and watched them like any grandpa will, as he looked at children playing war games. Anyway, he truly wanted to help them, and soon after he followed them all inside, but waited until all of them sat down, “This place is marvelous, I don’t recognize the structure style, but I would say it dates some decades past… You hardly see such things… in my case it is true, since most of those buildings are carefully guarded against my kin, “Would you like me to begin my story then?”

The Father nodded slowly. “Yes, but be quick blood sucker. Speak plainly and to the point. You may be a powerful Elder Vampire, but we haven’t the time nor the patience for long winded speech or ramblings and we do have ways to speed things along.”

“You are not fond of good discussions… So be it”, Gideon tumbbled his fingers together as he sighed, “To put it simply I have committed a sin against my kin”, he nodded at Sabin, “There was a vampire here, that played havoc around this area… I believe it was about 4 or so years ago… Since it bothered me and I wished not to be framed for his action, I helped Sabin take it down… obviously, I was still framed and locked away”, He narrowed his eyes at Orfiel, “But that’s a tale for another time. This act could have gone quietly, if not for the simple reasons that there was another out there who looked for the right excuse to get back at me. For some reason a lot want to do it… I tell you I try to stay away from people business and end up upsetting them constantly. I wonder why”

“Must be your personal charm”, Sabin grinned, “But I thought Elder Vampires fight and kill each other for control of a Coven?”

“Some do, but to outright kill one of your own for no apparent reason, when behind lies the idea of helping another race, such in your case mortals, is considered a serious crime. I was branded. And frankly I would have lived just fine with it, this remote area is hardly a good place for blood harvesting. But… as I said, there is another who seeks revenge. His name is Malachi, and his children are likely to be here just for the sake of luring me out. They did not know I was in exile and started their petty games while in my absence. I was a fool to return, because now they know, and fully plan to lead me straight to him. Which I planned to do eventually… After killing some of them, or thinning them drastically. He has a lot of followers, and some of them are elders too. Not as powerful as him or myself, but still enough to take me down, which give him the time window he needs to destroy me, as he is the only one capable to do it.
    And once I was out of the game there was no one to be standing in his path”, he looked at Orfiel, “With due respect, there was no way for you to beat him on your own… Not because you can’t but mostly because-!”

“Because only an Elder Vampire can kill one”, Sabin finished his words.

“Precisely. I could not have let you die in vain”, Gideon looked at Orfiel, “And this is my fight too, therefore, I wish to join you”

The old man nodded sinking back in his chair and closing his eyes in thought. He’s never fought alongside a Vampire before, and while he did know some could be decent people most of the ones he’s killed were savage scum. This Gideon was a fool of the highest degree, but also very powerful, not many things in this world can beat and potentially kill an Elder Vampire, the first that comes to mind is an Alpha Werewolf or Great Werebear. Using raw power and durability to counter the Vamps speed and tact. But this man had started this whole mess once before and the Father wasn’t willing to let it happen again.

He opened his eyes nodding slowly, but he held up a finger.
    “Very well Gideon, you may help us, but only on three conditions. One; You will be under Brother Orfiel’s and Sister Jophiel’s command as will all of you. We may not be an Elf, Orc, or Vampire, but we have the tools and the knowledge to end this threat. Two; no more deception, false deaths, or any kind of underhanded ulterior motives. Those were directly responsible for this second group of Vampires coming to power. And third.” He looked directly into the Vampire’s strong yellow eyes. “You either help us kill every single Vampire in this city the Children of Malachi and any others… or once you kill this Malachi you take everyone and I mean everyone with you and never, ever return to Excelsior or any other Human settlement. Or I will have no choice, but to call for a Purge.”

Big O and Little J shivered lightly at their leader’s words. Galmied quirked his eyebrow taking note of the Hunter’s reactions.
    “What is a Purge?”

Orfiel sighed rubbing his face slowly.
    “It’s a full mobilization of the Order of the Mountain Father. The request is sent up the chain of command to our Grandmaster and he decrees something of an Inquisition. We march through the streets and root out any and all Vampires and burn them in massive piles.. It’s usually a last case scenario, but since we failed the first time to end the threat we must do whatever is necessary to protect our Flock. There are even a few in our order who are Alpha Werewolves and Elder Vampires themselves they will come as well.”

“Since only the three of you were around I’m surprised you didn’t do so before”, Sabin words were harsh, but since her thoughts consider the majority above everyone else as individual, it seems reasonable to her, “My clan would have considered this option long ago”

“I am thankful you did not choose this act until now, father”, Gideon nodded, “Very thankful. It makes me realize how good of a people you are. I will beat Malachi… with all the sadness involved in the matter… As for his children… I was resolved to end them all if I must long ago… So you have my word”, He looked at Orfiel and Jophiel respectively, “Would you have me under your commands hunters?”

O and J looked at Mikeil who nodded slowly. Little J answered.
    “Very well Gideon, so where are we going from here?” She asked looking around at everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast