Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (M) Blood Line CH2: The Bloody Ties (Kris X Siks)

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

O and J looked at Mikeil who nodded slowly. Little J answered.
    “Very well Gideon, so where are we going from here?” She asked looking around at everyone.

Gideon smiled, “You know the answer already don’t you father?”

He watched as the old man nodded.

Sabin looked confused and Gideon quickly placed his finger on the brightest dot on the map, “You are right to assume there is high activity there. Nothing will trigger a high vampire more than luxury. Remember who you are dealing with. The abandon castle is like a ripe fruit to any soon to be ruler of a convent… But we must be careful. In addition of having extremely high senses, vampires are fast, can turn to mist and can even trick and manipulate your mind, luckily for us, today is a new moon”

“Why would vampires care about that?”, Sabin asked.

“Call us old fashioned, but some of us likes to maintain old rituals, and Malachi has always been a dull man. He will come out of his hiding tonight, probably sending his children to collect as much blood as they can… But they won’t drink it, oh no… they plan to bring the bodies alive”

“They are going to sacrifice them? It’s barbaric!”

“Not exactly… But yes, you are right, this is called the feast of the new moon. Old tradition done under particular time and changes of the moon regarding to the locations of the stars. Of course, we are in luck. This kind of ordeal is done like once every three years… Your arrival Sabin could not have been more timed, it’s like the moon goddess herself is keeping a watch over you”

“Goddesses”, Sabin quickly corrected him.

“Yes, yes… Of course… It’s so hard to keep track of all the faiths around here, anyway I will spare you the details of this gorish act, but I will be kind enough to inform you that he is most likely to come out, if just for sake the of tradition”

“How can we use this to our advantage then?”, Sabin asked.

“Well, I provided you the information. We can try and follow the trail of bodies they are likely to gather or maybe wait beside the castle… I am still lost with the details of how exactly to make our plan come together”, Said Gideon.

Mikeil nodded slowly studying the map before him.
    “It’ll be impossible to catch them in the act of snatching their prey, so staking out the old villa will be our best bet. Do you know exactly where and how he’ll do this ritual?”

“Like any good demonic ritual with blood, the ceremony will take place at midnight. I suspect however, that they will gather around the groves behind the mansion”, said Gideon.
    “He and his followers need to be in the presence of the stars and the night, in an open field.”

The Father nodded studying the villa, he pointed to the old growth grove a mile or so from the villa.
    “Ok, there is a grove of trees to the South. We can rig up traps and ambushes in the trees. It’ll thin the herd of Lesser Vampires. Then while Gideon gets into position to fight Malachi, the rest of you will ben in the tree line and keep any outside help from coming understood?”

Jophiel, Orfiel, Dire and Galmied nodded then all looked towards Sabin and Gideon.

Gideon grabbed Sabin hands, “If the worse came to pass know that only you are in my heart-!”

Without even realizing it Sabin blushed and slapped his face, fixing her hair and leaving the area, “Just be ready by midnight, Jeez”

“Women are so hard to understand”, the vampire nodded as his body turned to mist making a path for the exit and disappearing.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Galmied growled gently at Gideon's exit. How many more lovers of Sabin's would be like that? He couldn't guess and just thinking about it caused a pit to open up in his stomach. He would need to get over this soon if he was going to make the most of the relationship he and Sabin shared. But when they run into a different lover in each part of Eisignol how was he going to compete? It's been so long since he's been in anything remotely resembling a healthy relationship. Maybe it was a fear keeping him from overlooking all these men and focusing on the eyes Sabin keeps giving him.

He was brought back with as cough from Father Mikeil.
    "Well now that you have a plan, it is time to arm yourselves. Come with me." The old man stood and walked slowly into the back of the room. He unlocked and pushed open another heavily warded door, inside was the Order's complete armory. Rows upon rows of weapons from each and every culture as well as shelves of potions, poisons, antidotes, blade oils, anything and everything one could want for hunting everything that goes bump in the night.

Dire grunted approvingly.
    "The Blacklake Guard would love this room."

The Father nodded.
    "Yes, as would many other groups across Eisignol. The King's Army included, but our weapons, armors, and other tool of the hunt are all forged and created on site and under strict lock and key."

Galmied hmmed eyeing up some weapons forged in the Snow Elf fashion.
    "Why? Wouldnae such tools be a boon to the general public?"

Orfiel shook his head.
    "It would, but it would inspire more vigilantes to go up against things they can't fight." He glanced at Sabin before walking forward. "Besides if our enemies learned how to make our tools they could find ways to counter them and then our entire Order would be in danger."

Mikiel nodded.
    "Yes, and if we're in danger then every member of our flock would be as well. Orfiel, Galmied, Dire you three suit up together. Our heavy warrior section Brother." Orfiel nodded and motioned for the two big males to follow him. The old man watched them go then looked at Sabin and Jophiel making note of the sour look on the Sister's face, she knew what was coming next. "Sister Jophiel please take Sabin downstairs to the Light Rogue section please."

The woman wanted to say no, but the stern look the Father gave her shook the grimace and she sighed motioning for the Dark Elf to follow her down the spiral staircase towards a section of bows, knives, and other clandestine tools.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"It's the pretty blue one, aye?"

"Hmm?"

"The one you are shagging?"

"EXCAUSE ME!"

It was an awkward moment (like any conversation with Jophiel or Orfiel had been until now), but that was taking it a bit too personally. Sabin's cheeks flashed with anger.

"I get Orfiel's vibes from him see", Jophiel smirked, "Then again, your dark elves can insert almost anything into you and between your legs, it could be that orc too, whatever your fancy… but he doesn't seem to wiggle his eyes like a puppy"

"Jophiel!", Sabin halted, "Apologize at once!"

"For what? You realize what you've done?!"

"Whatever happens between me and Orfiel is our own personal business. I will not be lectured by the likes of you and I certainly do not owe you any explanations… You really disappoint me!"

Sabin and Jophiel stared for a long moment before the white girl lowered her gaze, "I'm sorry. I know that both of you did a lot for me, but I cannot simply forgive you for-!"

"Well you have to!", Sabin's eyes glittered with hints of tears, "Because your words hurt like daggers, and you are the last person to be allowed to speak to me like that!"

Jophiel nodded and they both continued to climb in silent.

"So what he is like?"

"Hmm?", Sabin started to dress up. In truth she preferred her armor and clothes to be darker, but she enjoyed the silver clothing and the way they highlight her complexion, like a raising moon.

"Your blue man?"

"So are we best friends forever now?", Sabin said, trying to flex her muscles with the new gear. She liked the fact that the outfit had a hood built into it, just like she was used to be dressed in, "His name is Galmiel"

"It must be hard for him—seeing two of your lovers in a single day"

"I believe so", Sabin stared at the pale girl, "He is a gentle soul in general, and I'm sure those meetings are not doing him any good. But to be honest, even if he was stronger in spirit it might have still upset him…"

Jophiel nodded, "But your answer gave me everything. He is not like Orfiel"

"Of course not! They are both their own personality and traits"

"Is this Galmied of yours better?"

Sabin thought of it for a moment, "I wouldn't say that. If Orfiel is a burning fire, Galmied is a patient river, but that's mostly because he had been put into a lot of hurtful events and terrible masters. He is breaking from it, little by little, and when he wants to be he can be a raging storm", Sabin smiled, "They are different, but both of them are passionate"

"I'm not convinced", Jophiel said.

"I don't need to convince you", Sabin said, "I feel like I hardly even started to explore Galmied and what he can offer—besides for me right now… Galmied is what I need… just like how Orfiel needs you"

Jophiel looked confused.

"He needs you, not just as a replacement… and I would argue that you find your own style of clothing instead of copying me—", Sabin smirked as she watched the lass blush, "The way he looks up to you… You're both good together. Even if I miss him, I believe you do work out better than we did. We had too many things to set us apart, and I was immature back then too"

"And now?"

"I still am… But I'm not afraid to try and do the coupling thing anymore…", Sabin smiled and Jophiel smirked, "I'm not giving up on him even if you ever change your mind, just letting you know".

"He won't give up on you either… Even if his thoughts will wonder off sometimes… You are together now", Sabin pointed at the ring in Jophiel fingers and the last quickly raised her hand to look at it but then quickly turned her gaze away, staring at the weapons, "You're not taking any of our tools? We have bows too"

"You'd need power for that, and I would rather focus on speed. I am also comfortable with my own blades. Dragon bones are strong and have a lot of magical properties to them. They will serve me better as I'm used to their weight. Picking anything else would be unwise"

"At least take some of the potions and powders"

"Yes, already have along with oils- It will be unwise to go out without them, or some silver coating for my blades"

"Hmm", Jophiel looked at her ring again and then made her way for the far cabinet pulling out a small box, "Take this as well. It's been here since forever. I think you should have it"

"What is it?", Sabin opened the box finding out a ring inside it, (as ironic as it sounds), "I don't know Jophi, aren't you already engaged to Orfiel?"

"Very funny", the pale girl grinned, "The records indicate of it being used by elves, so it must be magical in nature, but no mage of the order has ever been able to work it out. But who knows, maybe you'll find what to do with it"

"You're awfully kind"

"Think nothing of it", she smiled, "It's a reminder of what I am wearing on my finger and you do not", she moved for the stairs, "We dawdled enough… let's head downstairs and join the others"

Sabin took a moment to look at the ring. It was a simple one; silver and plain. The first thought was to throw it away, but because she was a firm believer of fate she realized that if this ring presented itself before her that she should test it- as it must be of use in the future… somehow… and so without a second thought she put it on her right hand's index finger.

She felt something but only for a moment. She considered taking it off but decided not to. After that she joined Jophiel and they both descended the stairs.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

While the women were downstairs suiting up the men were standing among armor and weapons fit for an army of mighty Paladins. Great shining suits of blessed plate mail, holy blades, and divine axes. Dire looked on with some annoyance, as an Orc he has a natural dislike for holy objects. Shuddering lightly the old male bypassed the weapons and armor moving right for the blade oils. His saber and darts are Orc made and with the right oils would be just fine against the Lesser Bloodsuckers they would be facing.

Galmied and Orfiel though entered the stacks silent and thoughtful. Glancing idly around at the items their minds were absorbed in their own thoughts. The upcoming fight, what the outcome would be, would Gideon betray them, but mostly they thought about Sabin and Jophiel. The women they love rushing headfirst into the same possible death as them. But as they reached the same rack of weapons then men looked at each other with studying eyes. Galmied was bigger in both height and weight, but that aside they were the same big and broad body style. Same grimness about their faces and both sport more scars and healed wounds than your average warrior.

They had also both loved and slept with Sabin. She was the single connection and in a sense the only thing keeping them from being true comrades. Pain of the heart may be a thing women can overcome easy, but for men like them who haven't really been anything more than a tool or weapon it's a dangerous thing to give yourself to another wholly and be crushed under that other's heel. And in a somewhat uncharacteristic manner the men began sizing each other up.

They wanted to see who was the better man and better warrior. Stripping out of their coats and tops they began testing breastplates and other kinds of armor on flexing underneath the steel and posing a little Galmied's larger physique aiding him, but Orfiel was more cut and sculpted so his muscles were much more well defined. But Galmied didn't let that stop him, once he had selected some silver Snow Elf scale mail he moved to the weapons rack, he was primarily a heavy weapon user his claymore itself was over six feet tall and he'd be training with it for years so his body was suited for such weapons. He first picked up a large bearded axe it was noticeably heavier than his sword, but not quite as long. He gripped it once again flexing and began swinging it around him testing it's balance.

Orfiel watched and sneered lightly as he strapped into his usual plate mail armor. The Elf was strong, but he lacked finesse Orfiel picked up a long sword light and deadly. He too flexed, but used his test swings to show off his speed and precision. He was a blur of glinting metal and rapid strikes, he ended his display with a large spinning crescent moon cut upwards. He smirked at Galmied who simply rolled his eyes. So the Human wanted to see speed huh, well the Snow Elf could accommodate. Putting the axe down Galmied picked up a broad sword, still bigger than Orfiel's but smaller than the axe. And like the Human he began spinning and slaying invisible foes with not quite as much speed, but a lot more skill and precision introducing a lot more complicated riposte and counters making sure his weapon sang as he swung it.

Orfiel looked on unimpressed. He then picked up a pair of short swords and duel-wielded the blades in another flashy and head-spinning display. Galmied did his best to hide the impressed look on his face, but it was indeed a dazzling demonstration. Orfiel ended it with a flipping flourish and a smirk. Galmied snorted and picked up two war axes and gave the man a wink. Like O's swords, Galmied gave an impressive display of spinning and cleaved phantoms with the two axes. He gradually picked up speed until he was like a twister of silver and blue. In a flash he was across the floor and actually stopped a few inches from Orfiel trying to intimidate him. But the man blocked his axes with his swords, and it looked like they were going to actually fight when a loud and clear growl stopped them.

Standing against the wall with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his dark face was Dire. As soon as the younger males looked at him the Orc rolled his eyes. "Grow up." Was all he said before he walked between them shaking his head. The two men glared at each other then gathered their chosen gear and followed Dire back to the map and the others.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-06-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sabin could hardly contain herself from chuckling, and as much as she tried to hide it, her lips did twisted upward in a smile. The men joined them and by the expression upon their faces she could tell that the two big boys did something stupid to make Dire be annoyed.

She then studied them carefully, watching how the gear they chose highlight their muscles and structure. Damn. She would have paid them both to simply strip bare if she could. She was glad to have the hood covering her eyes so they won't see the greed and lust in her expression, but she could still notice the glares Jophiel had given both the men as well, and as the pale skin upon the girl's cheeks turned red, she realized that they both shared the same lusty thoughts.

"I do hope those armor are not just for show", She whispered to Jophiel while the father began to explain the plan. The pale lady nodded, "They look good, don't they?", she asked and Sabin nodded.

"You said he was a slave for females? I can get why", Jophiel giggled and Sabin gave her a light spank on the back to hush her, but she herself could barely hold herself from smiling too.

"But your man sure seems a little out of it... like out of practice..."

"Hmm. He is still strong and capable though"

"Yes he is, but he does lacking what Orfiel have... Maybe he needs more excessive training..."

"He is fine the way he is", Sabin twisted her lips.

"I'm sure his female masters thought the same too. You don't need sex slave to be too fit... but I think it will do him good. He is lacking composer and self confidence. He could use some more training to regain his abilities and to believe in himself more"

"If Galmied will raise the topic I will support him, otherwise I will not change him", Sabin said.

"That is fine...", Jophiel smiled, "Don't feel too bad though... it's a little embarrassing to admit but those tight armor do make him stand out more...", the pale woman roared in silent and Sabin couldn't help herself and finally gave into laughter. Jophiel did too, following her.

"Girls, pay attention!", the father barked and the two ladies looked at each other and fell silent, but the smile was still upon their faces.

Even though they whispered, the boys could tell they gossiped about them just by the way they kept looking at their direction and giggling.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Both Galmied and Orfiel ignored the giggles and stare of the women instead focusing on the old man's words. The Father waited until everyone was quiet then began. "Okay listen up everyone, now that you are all properly armed and armored I will tell you the three key things you need to know about Vampire slaying. One, they faster than any of us, use wit to counter it. Two, their claws are like steel, be defensive before offensive, parry the blows and wait for an opening to strike. And three never go anywhere around that villa or grove alone, only High or Elder Vampires can turn you, but the lesser ones can still kill fairly easy. Brother Orfiel and Sister Jophiel have been magically and chemically enhanced to be three times as strong as the average human, have armored skin, and have very keen noses, but even they can't face it alone. With Gideon you will have an even number so stick by your partner. And for everyone safety, I've taken the liberty of picking the teams. Sabin you will be paired with Orfiel, Jophiel you will be paired with Galmied, and Dire you get the short straw and get to pair up with Gideon, understood?"

The couples shared a few furtive looks then went to stand by their partner Jophiel bristling a little bit at seeing Orfiel by Sabin's side, but she quickly calmed herself. It was the wisest tactical choice, and maybe she could see what Sabin's attraction to this big blue man was. Dire simply stood by unconcerned by his partner selection, a stealth mission would require the gibbering mental patient to keep his trap shut...at least that was the Orc's hope. A very sincere hope, because if they got caught the Vampire would likely get away unharmed, but Dire wasn't likely to be as fortunate even if he tapped into his Berserker roots. The old male let out a growl of affirmation as the others simply nodded to the Father's choices. Mikiel nodded back and did a blessing in the air for each of them.
    "Go forth and rid us of these fiends."

With the the five warriors marched single file up the steps with Mikiel following behind. They exited the Church and the Father recast the wards giving them one final bidding of good luck before he returned to the quiet of the Sanctuary to pray to the Mountain Father to watch over the Vampire Hunters tonight.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default CO-OP BATTLE PREP!

Team 1:

“How long have you two known each other?”

Jophiel did not make eye contact with the tall elf, but she remained close to him as they both were lying on the ground on their stomach, peeking from a row of bushes. They had been at this for few hours, and she was surprised to see that the Elf was capable of laying low for so long without saying a word.

“You and Sabin”, she whispered.

Galmied had been trying to keep quiet so the likelihood of them getting discovered would be as small as possible. But his keen ears were telling him things were ok for now.
    “A month and a week. Why do ye ask?”

“It just seems so strange… I mean her eyes were always averated”, Jophiel tried to explain in a words that will be easier to understand, “Like… she always had her gaze elsewhere. You could tell she never really meant to stay or be by anyone… but the way she looks at you… It’s like she knows something… Maybe she is planning for it to be serious…”, Jophiel then hushed for a long moment, “You’d need to be on your guard though. She has a tendency of acting on her own without explaining her reasoning. Orfiel was a broken pile of mess when she left… You should be on your guard…”

Galmied hmmed quietly. He wasn’t sure what Jophiel’s game was here, but his years as a slave have taught him many moves in the Game of Courts and Hearts. “I’m always on my guard, why are ye so against Sabin?” He asked going to the point. “Ye have Orfiel now, enjoy him.”

“Because…”, Jophiel was about to snap. Say something how she was not the first pick, or how she was sure Sabin always will find a way to creep into Orfiel’s mind, but she figured Galmied will use it against her, she smirked, “Answer me first”, she said.

Galmied quirked his eyebrow, he had no clue what the woman was asking, but he was saved the breath by the rustling of leaves coming up the hill behind them. Luckily they were completely covered by the bushes. But the Elf shushed the human and readied himself to pick them off.

They were vampires, and with them marched few humans, barely dressed and terrified. She was thankful there were very few children with the group, and her expression turned to be that of great sadness, knowing that to catch them all, some of them will die today.

Team 2:

The first to step out were the team of Jophiel and Galmied. Sabin decided not to exchange further words with the Elf, as it was better to leave him be. She was sure he was not happy with the current arrangement and she decided it was best to leave further discussion until after their mission was over.

She followed in silent as Orfiel lead them both for the nearest groove. Orfiel reached the tree line and motioned for Sabin to join him in the small pile of felled logs that were stacked up by some long gone loggers. It overlooked the center of the grove. Once they were settled in he began setting up some White Fire traps, their job was to fill the grove with the traps while Jophiel and Galmied were to be scouts and try to pick off some of the weaker Vampires.

“So how did you meet Blue boy?”

Sabin chuckled, “It’s a long tale. If you care to hear it out, it’s a rather amusing one. The short version of it was that he was offered as a night companion by a friend who owned him as a slave”, Sabin shook her head, “I never intended to bed him at first. I needed to extract information from him, and I didn’t mind looking at a pretty face while working… but things develop in a very quick manner soon after… I’m sure my friend had other intentions in mind though”.

Orfiel’s face hardened lightly. This tale was sounding familiar already.
    “So he was a job you got too cozy with as well eh? Maybe I should warn him.” He said half joking as they moved to another spot to set up more traps.

Sabin chuckled softly. She wanted to sound amused, but the jab was well felt and coughed slowly, “Maybe you should…”, she nodded as they continued to walk, “You and Jophiel doing okay?”

Big O nodded feeling regret at the cheap shot, but he couldn’t help himself.
    “I’m...I’m sorry Sabin, that was out of line. We’re doing fine. Come we’re almost done with these trap then we’ll meet up Little J and Blue Boy.” He began setting up the last trap besides the small trail leading into the Grove.

The fact Orfiel apologized made her feel even more horrible. The way he turned his back to her made her feel as though it was Galmied in one of his out of reach moments and she wanted to hug him so much. She reached her hands in the air and pretended as though she could have gone and actually touch him, but knew it will not be fair for either of the men if she did so.

She watched him putting the traps and recalled of the way he had taught her to do so the first time. How their hands touched and how she turned around to kiss him. She felt so horrible now, and without knowing what compelled her to do so, her right hand reached for the brand on her chest. It was concealed because of the robes and armor she was wearing, but she felt something growing warmer and giving her courage. She smiled to herself, hoping she could have sent even a small heat to her elven blue lover. She then continued to place the traps in silent, placing the silver dust around too.

Team 3:

Gideon stared at the dark sky for a long while. He watched as the Orc stared at the direction of the ceremony location.

“You seem a man of reason, who waste little words”, the vampire said, while making sure his gaze was fixed on the same spot Dire was staring, “Why do you follow them? Their path?”

Dire and Gideon were to hold position and wait for Malachai. The others would be the front line fighters, they would be the clean up crew and the ones who would come in and crush Malachai and his Children lieutenants. The Orc was hoping for silence, especially since he got paired with the gibbering mental case. But the God still hate the Orc and soon his peace was shattered.

He knew the blood sucker wouldn’t shut up if he didn’t answer him.
    “They’re good people, and my Granddaughter adores them.” Dire hoped that would be enough.

“Good reasons”, Gideon said as he nodded, “And you… do you plan to seek anything for yourself in this quest? Or are you fully intend on taking the mentor role and stay out of things?”

Dire grumbled lightly half wondering if the Necrophage oil on his saber would work on Gideon.
    “To live and not die. And see my only family member become an adult.” Then an idea came to the Orc, maybe if he threw a hard question at the Vampire he’d shut up. “Will you honor the Humans’ deal?” He asked simply.

“What do you mean?”, Gideon asked, a light bright in his eyes as he realized he may actually be able to talk with the grunting Orc.

“Just as it sounds.” Was all Dire said when a wind blew past them and brought the stink of Vampires to his keen nose. He pointed in the direction of Galmied and Jophiel. “Incoming.”

Gideon’s body started to vaporize as it turned to smoke of redness, “It’s not him. It seems he will come from the unoccupied direction, which is the farthest of the castle. He was always a little edgy, but that is certainly a different change of direction altogether. He either knows we are here, or he suspect someone will try something… Or maybe he is just over paranoid. I want to save these humans but we may have to consider the idea that some of them may be killed for him to be lured out”

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default EPIC CO POST

Being the closest to the action Jophiel and Galmied made a choice. Even if it gave away their position they couldn’t let those people be used for the sick ritual. Little J pulled out a couple of silver daggers and Galmied crept behind the bushes setting himself up to strike from behind. There were only four Vamps for the group, easily dealt with if they could strike first.

Jophiel inched closer readying the daggers. A nightbird cooed causing the Vampire to quickly spin around. They were all paranoid tonight, but they wouldn’t have to worry long. Jophiel quickly stood up and expertly threw one dagger than the other at those in the front. Both weapons made contact through the sides of their heads. She ducked away before thier bodies hit the ground, but Galmied acted just as quickly. He had a pair of short swords in his hands and quickly cleaved the heads from the rear Vampires’ heads.

The prisoners watched on in shock as their captors were easily killed. And with the single quick wave from the giant silver clad Elf they all ran for the safety of the Mountain Father’s Church. Galmied ducked back into the bushes and hoped they get back safely.

“Well, it looks like the Elf has decided for us!”, Said Gideon, his body fully in mist form, “I shall storm ahead into the mansion then, I don’t sense Malachi out here!”, he waited only a minute to give the Orc time enough to state his opinion.

“Go find him then.” Was all Dire said before watching Gideon apparate away.
    “Stay safe!”, Gideon’s voice echoed

Sabin’s heart was beating fast, watching how her man has foolishly again rushed on to aid others. She knew Orfiel was probably terrified for his girl, but all her focus was on the big blue Elf. When she saw no danger appearing, she turned around, watching a mist of red flying for the direction of the keep.

“Gideon heading for the other way, so I think it is safe!”, Sabin got up and rushed for the direction of Jophiel and Galmied.

As Gideon entered the castle the world around them seemed to change. The already dark night became darker, and just as the five warriors reached the destroyed walls of the villa they were stopped by the vicious hissing of no less than twenty Vampires. Five of the blood suckers charged and with the element of surprise on their side Sabin, Galmied, Dire, Jophiel and Orfiel were thrown back away from the villa Gideon would be on his own here.

Quickly taking charge Orfiel threw a Holy Fire bomb and scattered the five that attacked them, but they soon rejoined the other fifteen and launched an all out attack.

“NO!”, Was all that Gideon could utter as his mist form turned back and hit some kind of a barrier. He manifested in his flesh form and started to ponder on the thick layer of the magic spell that encircle them.

“Those hunters tasted bad, but their brain preserved much of a valued information”, a familiar voice called from behind. At first four young women appeared but then in came a tall figure.

“Malachi!”, Gideon hissed, his face twisting into a hideous beast, the way a true vampire looked like.

“That expression!”, Malachi chuckled, “It’s been awhile since I’ve last laid my eyes on it…”

“What is this?!”, Gideon pointed with anger at the misty wall that trapped him inside.

“I had the pleasure of sucking the blood of a particularly interesting individual. You know, not all hunters know the art of setting barriers- but this one was a gifted girl”

Gideon’s eyes widen. All high vampires had some kind of a unique skill at their disposal. Malachi could actually absorb information from his victims, “I don’t practice magic… but it was easy enough to learn how to mimic it-- even in such low quality it seems to serve my purpose”.

Gideon placed his hands, carefully studying the barrier, “You-- You would actually be able to learn how to master something like this? A barrier against vampires?”

Malachi looked pleased with himself, “It’s not as strong as the one of the order invokes, but it sure is enough to give me time and your full devoted attention”, he snapped his fingers and at that moment the four vampires stormed at Gideon.

He was able to push them off, but he went easy with them, and didn’t attack them harshly. He was far more focused on Malachi… which was a thing Malachi expected. The girls kept throwing themselves back at him, as he pushed them aside- until one of them was able to successfully bind him with a ring around his neck.

Gideon gasped as he felt something tearing at him from the inside. He tried to rip the ring but found that his power were leaving him all too fast.

“Pity, you should have just killed them off”

“Is this a hunter’s relic as well?”

Malachi nodded and with another snap of his fingers the four women turned around Gideon and started to suck blood from his body, leaving him in deep pain.

“Don’t worry, criminal. You won’t die from this, obviously, but I can’t let you join hand with those two pesky hunters. I will leave you for later, using your blood on the altar… in the meanwhile enjoy the show!”

Malachi moved closer and waited for the barrier to disappear. As he predicted, his magic could never be as strong as one of the Church’s children, but it was enough- Besides, he was still weak to its effect, so having it continue and holding was going to be troublesome anyway. He then passed forward, rushing with the other four as he picked up Jophiel by her neck.

He flew some distance upward, watching her struggle as her legs fought to gain some hold in the air, and her fingers pulling at his hand, making sure he won’t snape her neck.

The others were too embroiled in their own battles to rush to Jophiel’s aid, but she wasn’t as helpless as Malachi thought she was. Once she had moved her chin so his claws weren’t right at her throat she quickly pulled two smaller versions of the Holy Fire bomb off her belt. They were called Angel’s Breath and they were more concentrated versions of their big cousins. More powerful, but not as good a range. She had four in her fingers, they’d be enough to immolate lesser Vampires, but they would still hurt Malachi enough to make him drop her. She swung her feet up and planted them in his chest to springboard from before she threw the orange balls at the man.

He was soon covered in raging hot fire and Jophiel quickly ran to O’s side picking up the two silver and steel sickle he carried on his belt as her back-up weapons.

The Elder Vampire did indeed feel those hits, but he’s had worse. He patted down the flames and stared at the five heroes while his black and blistered skin regenerated nigh instantly.
    “That was very cute little Hunter, but I’ve humored you fools long enough.” He snapped his fingers and his underlings quickly broke away from their fighting and formed a large circle around the fiver warriors and their Leader. The Vamps stood silent, but their claws were all out and ready to rip into any of the five who came near their ring of death.

No one knew what was going to happen next, but until Gideon or some other trump card showed up they would need to hold back Malachi as best as they can.

Gideon lay on the ground still fighting to get himself free from the ring, “It’s no use… I would need someone who can rid me of this!”.

“I… I can help”, a shaking human stepped forward, “But first, you have to tell me, why are you like this?”

“As much as I love chatting, or knowing why you stayed behind as the others fled, or how would you possible be able to remove this, I will give you the short story. Which is… he doesn’t like me much”, Gideon smirked, “He doesn’t like me this much, but don’t worry it happens in the best families”

“If I free you… would you attack me?”

“Of course not… Besides there is a much more dire situation and a cute little elf I need to save…”

The young man moved slowly, as he started to chant and move his fingers over the ring.

“How would someone like you know of this ring… or more so… how would you…”

The child smiled, but it was a wicked grin, “I can only give you the short story sadly… I gave some prophecy to your elf… I need to make sure she lives to see it through”

Gideon seemed worried but shook it off, “Very well”

The ring clicked, “Go now!”

“Wait, Gideon said, who are you, what do you gain from this?”

“You may call me Rathma”, the boy then morphed into a huge snake like human.

“Naga!”, Gideon said, “I didn’t even know your people are still alive!”

“If you won’t hurry… they will die!”

“Sabin”, Gideon’s body started to glow as he turned around, “Fine but you will have to-!”, When he turned his head for the strange creature direction again, he realized he was gone, “Bah, such mysterious fiends…”

Back in the warm Brickheart house, a little cry sounded through the dimly lit home. It would go unnoticed by the household. For years the girl knew not to cry loudly, and Papa Bone would always be there for her anyway. But now she was alone, and the shadow men began to creep out of the corners again and fear filled her entire frame.

But Grandpa Dire has been teaching her the ways of Orcs. They were fearless, and even Demons are afraid of an angry Orc. Grabbing the little dagger she made in the forge she grabbed Lil’Bone and began growling softly at the shadows slashing at them with her weapon. And much to the girl’s elation the Shadow Men back away and allowed Guk-Guk to run through the house and out a partially open window. But as she landed on the still warm cobblestones of the street she saw that the darkness was all around her, and the shadow men seemed to become giants.

She kept Lil’Bone and her dagger close and just ran down the street. She needed to find her family, they’d know how to fight the shadowmen.

“Oi, ye we bonny munchkin.” A beautiful and well bosomed lady approached her carrying a bright orange lantern. “What are ye doin’ alone out here at this hour?”

The little Goblin girl jumped at the sudden voice holding her knife out. Even after seeing the kind-eyed woman and her lantern which magically scared the shadow men away. Her red eyes were wide with fear, but she kept her breathing steady and her knife level. “Guk-Guk, I mean, I’m lookin’ for my family. They fighta the shadow men away!”

“Don’t be afraid,wee one”, The woman smiled crouching down smiling into the girl’s face. “I won’t do anything to ye. My name is Agneta. Now… tell me… is it wise for ye to go outside and look for them? I’m sure they wouldn’t have want that… They will be worried and sad, will they nae?”

Guk-Guk frowned a little lowering her knife, but she kept her toy clutched to her chest. The woman was right, but the little girl was still adapting to the mindset of sit and wait. Papa Bone never really put that lesson in her head. He taught her to go forward at all times and make things happen. “They’re in trouble, Guk-I know it, I’m sorry Ms. Agneta, but..but I need them. They keep the bad men away.” The girl seemed to visibly shrink away at a shadow movement in an ally. “And, I can help them fight...whatever trouble they in!” Her words sounded brave and seemed to be directed at he shadows around them more than the woman actually speaking with her.

The woman smiled and crossed her hands, “Is that so?”, she said, and suddenly her face grow fearful, “OH NO WHAT’S THERE!”

The little kid turned around quickly and Agneta grabbed her hips and whispered, “Boo”, into her hears, watching the little girl squirm and held herself from laughing.

Guk-Guk quickly pointed her blade, “You mean lady!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry”, Agneta couldn’t help herself and she finally gave in to laughter, “I didn’t mean to munchkin… but I had to show ye…”

Guk-Guk still frowned.

“They hadn’t told ye where they went, right… or if they did, they probably saved the details… And I’m sure you were left with people that cared much about you. My conclusion is, that they want to be sure ye are safe, so they can be focused on their mission, without being worried. I know ye are strong lassie… and brave… but if ye linger outside, I’m sure people will notice and get worried. Think about it… if they go outside and search for you… they might get hurt too, right?”

Guk-Guk pouted trying to think up a way to argue with the woman, but she couldn’t.
    “Yea...I guess.” She said quietly. “But what if they’re hurt already? Or they’ve already died! And and I don’t know where I am.” She sighed looking around lost and confused.

Agneta smiled and sighed, “Aye ye are nae where ye need to be that’s for sure”. She could have argued about the fact that she just tested her abilities and they were not enough, but decided to go for more positive approach, “Do you trust your family? Are they strong?”, she asked gently.

Guk-Guk looked up into the woman’s golden eyes looking almost offended at the mere thought of her family being anything less than the strongest people in the world She pointed the tip of her dagger at the woman’s chest for emphasis.
    “My family is the strongest. Mama Saba is Dark Elf Assassin, Uncle Gemmy is big Snow Elf Warrior, and Grandpa Dire is Orc Berseker!” The trust was implied in Guk-Guk’s mind so she didn’t see a need to discuss it.

“So how about you trust them to come back to you?”, The woman smiled.

Guk-Guk opened her mouth to make a quick remark, but once again she had nothing and she remembered Mama Saba telling her pointing at people is rude so she quickly stuffed the dagger into the sash of her short nightie. It weighed the flimsy garment down, but not enough to bother the little girl. She hugged Lil’Bone with both her arms refusing to look at the kind woman, she thought she could win the argument.
    “I-guess, but I’m still lost. I don’t suppose you know the way back to Mr. Brickheart’s house?”

“Follow me”, the woman offered her hand. At first Guk-Guk was reluctant to do so, but eventually she decided to trust the woman who walked her back to safety. On their way home the young girl told her all about the adventures she had, and about her important family. When they reached home, Agneta held Guk-Guk by the hand and simply placed her’s over the knob and twisted it. She had used magic to undo the lock, but a key part of her job was keeping the mystery of her existence...a secret. ”Hmm guess Mr. Brickheart forgot to lock the door, come we’ll be extra super quiet.”, she said, faking the whole scene as if it was the blacksmith’s fault. They entered and the woman quickly closed and locked the door, even added a small blessing to it for extra protection. She then helped the girl get to bed and was even willing to read a story to her, which was a brand new change, since lately not Saba nor Uncle Gemmy had time to do so. Even Granpa Dire was a bit too cranky to be voicing the characters in the tale.

So she lied down, and listen to the woman telling a strange story, about a demon who cared for a human. She immediately liked that tale.

The five heroes were heavily wounded, each of them tossed to the far corner of the field, while trying their best to fend off the other vampires.

While Malachi himself was in pretty bad shape, it was clear he was going to last long after they all die.

”Children of Malachi. This is my final warning. Leave his side, or die at my hands”

“Damn it!”, Malachi cursed as his lips twisted in annoyance, “Show yourself criminal”.

While some of the vampires stopped attacking, it was clear they will not hold for long.

“What are you doing, imbeciles”, Malachi roared, “Finish them off, or I’ll finish you all!”

Some of them looked extremely frightened. They exchanged gazes from one another but soon nodded and returned to continue the fight.

Malachi smiled as he himself throw more punches and flew for the direction of the males, hitting them, and briefly disappearing to hit another target.

As Sabin and Jophiel were cornered, they prepare to strike, only to hit air. The bodies of their attackers were now at the ground lifeless, and before long crumbled and turned to dust.

I warned you…

“Is that….?”, Jophiel asked

Quick like a lightning and invisible, Gideon hit them hard, killing them like flies.

“He makes it look so easy job”, Jophiel grumbled and Sabin chuckled, but quickly grabbed her belly, as her wounds were still hurtful.

Before long most of the vampires were either dead, or close to it, and Gideon was standing before Malachi, his silver hair waving in the air, and his eyes glowing.

The two roared at each other like dogs and started to slash at one another.

“He won’t be able to finish him… not like this”, Sabin looked at Orphiel who was some distance away, “Is there any way to help him?”, she asked as she looked at Jophiel.

Jophiel had quickly tied up a few of her more bloody wounds, but her magically toughened skin made sure none of the blows would be fatal to her or Big O. Dire and Galmied though she wasn’t so sure of. They only idea she had was to have Gideon lure Malachi to the forest and run him through all the traps Orfiel and Sabin set. “We can lure him into the grove and have him run over some of the Holy Fire traps you set, but with Gideon in his sights I don’t think he’d pursue any of us. So Gabby there would need to be the lure.”

“Roger!”, Sabin said, “And he is too busy with Malachi, so I guess this is gonna be on me”, Sabin rushed forward, “Gideon, I need you now!”, she screamed at him.

While the exchanged blows above them, she faintly heard, “Kinda busy here, dear”, Gideon said, while nearly avoiding claws into his eyes.

“Just follow me damn it!”, She screamed again, as she started to run for the direction of the open field.

Gideon watched her and looked at Malachi with a sad smile, “Well… women…”, he smirked as he vaporized into a red mist again and followed.

“GET BACK HERE!”, Malachi screamed at the top of his lungs, clearly not amused by the exchanges of words.

“He is really angry”, the red mist hissed.

“Just shut up and follow me!”, Sabin said, trying to catch her breath as she ran. She heard things getting smashed and broken behind her. Malachi was clearly not happy.

“Oh how did I expect to hear those words again!”

“Not funny!”

“And don’t mind those noises, he is obviously after me”

“I’m not worried”

“Although… Maybe you should be, he is kinda quick”

“Just shut up!”.

Sabin ran and ran, already seeing hints of the area where she and Orfiel hid the traps when she felt something grabbing her neck.

“Is this wench this so important to you?”, Malachi said holding Sabin up. Her silver eyes getting teary from lack of air.

Gideon roared as he stormed ahead, but Malachi was quicker, moving backward. He enjoyed watching Gideon in such anguish and he made sure not to drop Sabin or to kill her too quickly. While moving he was oblivious to the danger. Sabin hoped it will work soon, or she was a goner.

Luckily for Sabin fate was favoring her this night, because in all the flairing about she was being subjected to with Malachai using her to play keep away with Gideon an upper portion of her armor was ripped revealing the dainty little snowflake brand on her skin. And ever the fighter the Dark Elf was actively trying to get free when the ring on her finger brushed against the brand and awakened something in her she hadn’t felt since she bonded with Galmied...magic.

It wasn’t controlled, but it was powerful. A barrier of white magical energy exploded out from the ring breaking Malachai arm off at the elbow and making the Elder Vampire fall onto one of the Holy Fire Traps. His entire body was engulfed in holy fire and unfortunately so was Gideons. Malachai’s children all felt their master’s pain as the traps intended and they broke their formation falling to ground and screaming in pain. Taking this chance the rest of Sabin’s party rushed to join her Galmied moving with more speed and agility than he ever had before. Whatever magic was in the ring affected him as well, he scooped up Sabin and ran for it as the battling Elders continued to run over and crash into the hidden traps setting of a domino effect throughout the entire wooded grove. The only safe place was the large clearing in the middle and that is where the Monster Hunting band ran.

The ring on her finger was gone, but the magic kept growing wild in her, and she felt terrible pain as she descended.

The screeches of the children reach their ears. Those that have not yet died rush in the direction of their master.

While he wanted to check on Sabin he knew that at this time, it was his only chance to strike. “Nothing personal, old friend”, Gideon said, bearing his fangs and stabbing them deeply into Malachi’s neck, sucking the blood dry out of them, as they both felt the pain of the trap.

The children, who rushed like bugs, were soon caught up in more traps and flames. It was a terrible sight.

“And so the terrible demon, died, protecting the woman he loved and the people who wished to kill him”, said Agneta as she closed the book and petted the little goblin’s head.

“That’s so sad”, Said Guk-Guk, as she rested her head against the large breast of the woman. Wondering about the story.

“You need to go to bed dear… everyone in the house are sleeping”

“But Uncle and Saba and Grandpa not back!”, the girl protested and the lady carefully placed her head on the pillow, “If you sleep and be a good girl, I’ll go look for them and bring them right back!”

“Really?!”, Guk-Guk’s eyes sparkled.

“Yes… And even if they will be a little sad, your family will be back…”

Guk-Guk yawned as she picked her doll and turned over in her bed, “It is sad about the monster… A lot of people afraid of monsters… like Papa Bone….”

The woman kissed Guk-Guk on her forehead, “But he was a good man. He made sure our shop would never stop making toys”.

Guk-Guk smiled and soon fell asleep Agneta simply smiled at the girl and vanished from the room like a dream.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default One more co-op

While the Holy Fire Bombs detonated all around them the five heroes were bombarded by the force and soon found themselves lying in an unconscious circle around the alter the Vampires had set up in the grove. The battle between Gideon and Malachi lost to them as well as who was the victor. But then a sudden blast of cold filled the grove and seemed to extinguish the fires around them. The sounds of the two Elder Vampires silenced as well as the death peals of many of Malachi’s underlings. Not all of them were dead, but they were in no shape to move.

Seemingly riding on the wings of the icy wind two large figures walked through the trees staring at the destruction all around them. Bertil and Agneta sighed, so much of this just seemed unnecessary. All the blood and fighting was always for naught, and there is always innocent suffers to feel the lashes. The big humans shared nary a word as they moved through the grove dismantling and collecting all the undetonated Holy Fire traps as well as the bodies of the dead. All were properly disposed of before they turned to those that yet live. The Vampires they moved to the villa and the five wounded heroes in the grove were healed, the memories altered with the vague knowledge that everything was ok and Gideion, Malachi, and and all Vampires were gone for good. Then they taken back to their beds. The couple soon returned to their shop and shared some mugs of warm ale.

All was said and done and with any luck the city would be none the wiser as to the disaster they just dodged.

“They won’t bother this town again”, came a voice behind them. The couple didn’t seem disturbed. They recognized the owner of the voice, and more than once called him friend. But times change, as it always does, and as much as a mystery as they were, he was even a bigger one, “The vampires won’t return. And as always, you show such compassion to strangers. Even so, while no one will be there to thank you, I am thankful”, said the Naga with a smile as he placed his hand together in a meaningful gesture.

Bertil looked up as the Naga appeared in their shop. Always a strange visit when Rathma drops by.
    “Tis our reason fer being Rathma, ye know that as well as I. None of us really have the free will ta be anything else, yerself included. Why did ye give Malachi that ring? And did ye place the one Sabin used in the pocket of a Hunter ta leave at the Church? We expected the Snow Elf ta figure out how ta save her.”

“There were too many possibilities, old friends”, said the snake man, his eyes narrowing, “I know you both have courted him in your shop… I figured something was happening because of it… But the future was too open… The prince could have died… I couldn’t allow it… not now when all players have appeared on the stage… I had to act… And yes, I foresaw you doing your little shop act long before I placed the ring. I couldn’t leave fate to play at this part. There were too many risks…”, the Naga nodded, “And I couldn’t tell you either, it would have altered too much of the little choices that would matter”.

Agneta scoffed standing up with her mug studying the Prophet closely. Her husband was the Seer between the two of them and there were things even he couldn’t tell her and annoyed her so it easily infuriated her when another Seer played the same game. But she knew the risks of messing with fate. “Ye scaly fool ye know how fate reacts when ye tamper with it, ye might’ve just killed the Prince or the Heir yerself tooling around like that! Ye cannae keep doin’ that Rathma! There will be repercussions!” She took a step towards the Naga, but the heavy hand of Bertil calmed her. “Be calm wife, he knows the risks.” He looked worriedly at Rathma. “Just be careful friend, the Beast is still in play, and ye know the damage he can cause when fate gives him the fire ta do so.”

“I do… remember… most of those who played were of my kin”, his expression remained unchanged but there was clearly sadness in his eyes, “And so it’s the hour of the tide… If all the pieces fall together”, the naga nodded, “I will be on my way then?”

Agneta huffed nodding her head before going to refill her mug. Bertil nodded as well clasped the Naga’s forearm. “Aye, we’ll keep an eye on them fer now, but I hope ye have a plan fer Fate’s retaliation lad.”

“I have… but I think our heroes are about to awake… no?”, he smiled as his body started to glow, and before long he vanished.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default CO of epicness!

Sabin woke with a startle. The pain was unbearable but something else was pushing at her. She stumbled as she walked, moving all the way to the bathroom, where she bent and throw up like. The pain and burning and all the events until now were one thing, but this--

When she finished cleaning herself a new fear gripped at her body. She knew at once, without being too sure… that she was with a child.

She tried to keep a masked expression as she walked back to her room. It seems hers and Galmied wounds were taken care of by someone (she suspected it was not the blacksmith or his wife), and figured it was the same for Dire, Jophiel and Orfiel.

She looked down at Galmied who was still sleeping in the bed and kissed his forehead softly. The vampires had most likely perished… she hoped Gideon still made it… and she was thankful for her blue giant for catching her.

As she set beside, careful not to move him, she considered how to tell him the news. Would he be happy? And was it okay to tell him anything yet, if she herself was not sure.

At that moment Guk-Guk stepped inside, “Saba!”, she called and Sabin throw her hands around her. Dire followed in, looking as confused as she was.

“I am happy lady Agneta brought you back. She did what she promised and you are home. The hunter lady and man are in the church too!”

Dire and Sabin exchanged looks.” It seems our mystery will be solved once I go there!”, she said. “Please stay with Guk-Guk and Galmied, I will return shortly.”

Sabin entered the church and was surprised to see the hunters, the church father, and an unknown couple sitting together around the same table the planned their strategy just a day prior.

Father Mikeil smiled as he saw the Dark Elf. “You did well on the mission, I believe congratulations are in order.”

“But”, Sabin was about to ask when Jophiel spoke up, “We are just as confused as you are… But according to our saviours”, she pointed at the couple, “Malachi is dead. Gideon is alive, and will take the survivors away as promised. They won’t return to town, and while we are not sure if his words will be kept, I think we are allowed to relax some.”

Sabin moved closer to the table taking a seat. “If you patched us up and brought us back to safety, I am thankful… but… part of me still wonders… how did you know…?”

Agneta who was already used to answering questions of this sort was ready. “Ye made quite the havoc. All the noises and screeches… mi husband and I had ta check and see what all the ruckus was about”

Orfiel remained silent but he knew the gaze Sabin had given her. He knew that Sabin didn’t believe her but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. “Who are you?”

“We are shopkeepers, we sell toys.” Smiled the man, and at the moment he gave his brilliant smile, Sabin knew that these were the couple Galmied had talked about.

She smiled, “Thank you for the bunny doll”.

The couple smiled and nodded, as Orfiel and Jophiel looked at each other, confused.

“If that is all, we shall take our leaves.” Said the man.

“Wait…” said Sabin. But then she bit her lips. She knew there was nothing she could say to make the couple stay, and she figured she wouldn’t be able to extract much more information out of them.

“Aye?” asked the woman.

“Nevermind.” Sabin said.

“Oh, while we dinnae know if the vampires will return or not, I do believe this is a great day fer ye to celebrate. Our shop is no’ far, so feel free ta come and buy gifts fer yer family and loved ones… maybe even take some time off fer yourselves, ay?”

Jophiel grinned as she gave a small nodge to Orfiel, “Maybe even get a wedding out of the way… and plan a honeymoon”

Orfiel looked at Sabin. He was sure that hearing this was hurting her, but he only moved forward and kissed Jophiel on her forehead and took her hand, “You’ve earned this for yourself.” Sabin said with a weak voice and Orfiel knew she was about to cry. But a quick hug told her he was sorry.

Sabin thanked the father of the church and walked outside. There was so much she wanted to tell Galmied. She pet her belly as she walked back to Daryl’s house, happy and sad. It felt like a sad ending, with a promising future. She had a mixed feelings going on about her, but all the positive energies were gone when she reached the blacksmith’s house.

Galmied, Dire, and Guk-Guk were outside, and around him were ruggedly beautiful creatures very much like him…Snow Elves, they were all armed and the large woman at the front of the group was carrying shackles.

Galmied was trying to rest up while he waited for Sabin to come back from seeing the Hunters at the Church. He thought about being cross with her for running away to see her former lover before he was even awake, but the dull pain in his muscles quieted his anger and he simply slipped into a eventful sleep.

Every night the vision played over and over in his mind, and every night it was exactly the same thing he could draw the entire dream perfectly if he wanted to, but everytime he still scrutinized everything hoping for some change or another clue he kept missing. As he fell asleep this time he expected nothing different. So much so in fact he actually didn’t pay close attention, just did his part in the infuriating dream waiting for it to end. But this time his indifference seemed to open something. The dreamed moved to the end and where the woman was about to turn to him and speak, he expected the vision to just end like before. But this time the woman fully faced him and while he couldn’t see her face he heard her speak a name “Adalhardo.” And just like that it ended, he knew the voice, at least he thought he did and the name was a boy’s name. Did that mean he was gonna have a son with Sabin or Denika? He awoke with a start it was mid morning and both Dire and Guk-Guk were already up and enjoying some breakfast. The Orc looked no worse for the wear despite having similar wounds to the Snow Elf.

The little girl was a chipper and smiling as ever, he wasn’t sure what Dire had told her about last night, so he wouldn’t say anything just yet. He simply walked over and kissed Guk-Guk on top of the head. “How’d ye sleep lassie?” He asked taking a seat at the table besides her thanking Tarina for the food.

The little half bred nodded taking a big bite out of the sausage on her plate.
    “Good, met Agneta after I wake up and went looking for you all. She brought me back here and read me a story about a Demon fighting other Demons to save the woman he loved.” Galmied quirked his eyebrow that’s a rather odd story to tell a child, and Agneta-- did she mean the toy maker he met yesterday? But before he could ask a firm knock came upon the door. Being the closest to the door Galmied got up and answered it while Daryl and his wife were looking on.

He opened it to the stern face of a Snow Elf woman. And the anger in her eyes stopped Galmied dead in his tracks. “Ragnild!” He gasped instinctively clenching his fists, he knew what this meant.

Galmied’s eldest sister, Ragnild Ice-Sworn, was a Bounty Hunter and someday he knew she’d come for him. Her face didn’t soften but the man saw the faintest flicker of regret cross her dark eyes like she wasn’t expecting to actually find him. “Agamar, please come quietly.” Was all she said before she pulled some heavy shackles off her belt and clicked her tongue to the four Elves behind her. They slowly backed up and drew their weapons keeping them at the low ready should anyone cause trouble.

As Sabin approached, Guk-Guk who had been on the verge of tears ran for the Dark Elf fully crying. “Mama Saba! Bad people come to take Uncle Gemmy away!” She jumped into her surrogate mother’s arms while Dire simply stood besides Galmied his hand on the Elf’s shoulder in solidarity.

“What is the meaning of this?”, Sabin said, narrowing her eyes.

“Agamar, your oath to me, fulfill it”, said another elven woman completely ignoring Sabin. She was beautiful- heck all of them were, but Sabin was pissed.

“I’m standing right here, what oath are we talking about?”

“Agamar has crossed a politically delicate line, but he should not have been sold as a slave to begin with”, the woman turned around to see Sabin.

“His name is Galmied!”, Sabin hissed and the woman looked completely in shock and soon that expression turned to anger, “Why would you brand yourself with such a name, Agamar! You are not a slave! Beside I have come here personally to make sure you see reason”.

“What do you mean?”, Sabin’s silver eyes opened wide as she held on Guk-Guk’s hand.

“Galmied means “one who has been abandoned” or “one without family”- It is an insult, a dreaded one”, said the woman called Ragnild, despite being a Snow Elf like Galmied, she had no trace of the accent the big male had. She looked very much like Galmied, she must be one of his sisters.
    Sabin was about to reach for her weapon, “Are you going to take him away? Make him a slave again!? I won’t allow it to-!”

It was Galmied’s turn to hush Sabin by throwing his hands in a gesture of telling her to calm down. There was a moment of gazes exchange between all the snow elves. Galmied in particular focused on his sister and this other woman.

It was then that Sabin realized, even without saying it… It was someone Galmied cared deeply for.

“Ashayra”, he uttered her name and her gentle lips curved into a smile, “My love”, she said and Sabin was barely able to contain her anger. All she could do was stare in disbelief, “Well… he has family now!”, she said straight out. Guk-Guk was sure she had never seen Sabin this angry before.

“You should save face-- You are an assassin after all”, the Bounty Hunter said gently but Sabin was far too angry to actually care.

She is jealous and angry, which was all ironic, considering this was what Galmied had to deal with not long before.

“Is this girl some kind of a bed pet you keep, my love?”, The woman said staring at Sabin, “Poor taste, considering the reputation of the Dark Elves… But that won’t matter to me… You can keep her if you want, just make sure she is put in a separate place-!”

“How about I make your head separated?”, Sabin hissed.

“Such words and manners. And here I thought you would at least have more decency, knowing that you were chosen to be courted by our people… and one of noble blood no less”.

Sabin twisted her nose and lips in disgust.

“I came here personally, Agamar- You have yet to pay for your crimes in full… but seeing that we already planned to wed, I don’t see any further problem, once you are in a position to rule you may-”

“Galmied”, Sabin said her eyes glowing, “You can’t just go back there, can you? You said we would find a way to marry-!”

“Look, whore”, the pretty snow elf said, “I may agree to bear your stench at the palace of my husband but don’t fool yourself into an illusion of marriage. You may settle for royal concubine at best- or just leave him be. The laws are clear, and he has his duty for his people first and foremost. I was there long before he even lay his hands on you. However, I was not quick enough. Before I was able to act, he was taken away from me, but now I am a representative of the noble house Wintershield, and by marrying him, Agamar will finally be a free man… a noble prince… by my side as my lover…”

There was a strange hesitation in Galmied’s expression. Did he still loved this woman?

“Or he would be handled by me, here and now… There is a price on your head still brother, I wanted to be at least graceful enough to give you a warning, a chance.” said Ragnild.

Dire grunted sensing Galmied back some sensing the rising anger in the big Elf stepping between the man and his sister.
    “A century of slavery is equal to any crime committed among the Free people of Eisignol. And he has been a free man for over a week. His former mistress proved unstable and she revoked her claim on him and by the Law of Queen Brightcloth of Avelar. A master…” A sharp slap was heard and Dire grunted lightly as Ashayra’s hand left a small mark on his cheek. “You will speak when you are spoken too beast!” Guk-Guk who had been simply holding onto Sabin now jumped down and ran up intent on giving the mean lady a swift kick. “Hey be nice to Grandpa Dire!” But one of the males quickly intercepted booting Guk-Guk away only to receive a full bodied punch from Galmied to the side of his helmet denting it and knocking him off his feet. Then the man roared in the Snow Elf tongue. “Gu leòr, bidh thu uile sàmhach!” (enough, all of you be quiet)

This was the first time any of them have seen Galmied strike out in anger. Guk-Guk quickly ran to Dire’s arm who picked her up hushing her tears quietly in Orcish. The sides tenses up, but a quick motion from Ragnild made the mall back up and give the man some room to speak.
    “I have long since paid for mi crimes Ragnild! Years o’ branding, abuse, degradation, bein’ used as a toy fer more years than I’ve been a free man! As fer the bounty the money I was sold fer was supposed tae cover that!”

Ashayra’s demeanor instantly softens and in that second she looked like Sabin. It seems they both had types that kept coming back to haunting them. “Mi love, I am so sorry. Ye should’ve been brought tae mi house instead of sold as a slave.”

Ragnild’s face remained a stoic statue unmoved by the events unfolding before her.
    “Maybe in the Southern Lands you’re free, but as a son of Stormgard you still killed an Elder and our laws supersede the Southern ones. And as a Bounty Hunter of Stormgard, I’m within my power to bind and drag you in. Dion’t make me do that, you’ve damaged the noble name of IIce-Sworn enough.”

Ashayra quickly moved and jumped into Galmied’s arm kissing him.
    “Please mi love, ever since I was a lass and our families agree tae the bethrotheal. I’ve been savin’ myself fer ye. I can save ye, from prison or repercussions. Bu ye must come back with us peacefully.”

Galmied sighed looking at Sabin. He was torn, by yards and years.

Sabin watched his hesitation, and was this close to snap at the new woman and killing her. But she looked around and knew that: a. She didn’t want to upset Guk-Guk with death, or teach her that was the way of doing things, b. The others will be forced to attack too… and she may hurt Galmied’s sister.

No, it was something the Snow Elf had to decide on how to act, “I don’t understand”, Sabin said, “How long does he needs to suffer? He killed a noble, true, but that’s just one man and that was long long ago. I think he repented already! How much longer does he need to pay for his crime, and what are his options, according to your laws, aside from being a slave still or marrying another noble?”.

Sabin spoke gently but she still hissed with anger at the new woman. Ragnild sighed shaking her head. “That depends on the Council of Elders, between our parents and Ashayra’s he will get a trial, it will take three months to get back to Stormgard. After that it could take another month or longer for the council to decide.”

Galmied disengaged himself his eyes narrowing.
    “Really? Seems the Wild Brothers still wish tae use me as their toy.”

Dire growled, he had a feeling he knew where this was going.
    “And his chances?”

Ragnild shrugged crossing her arms under her armored bust.
    “He could be freed, imprisoned, sold again, or married to Ashayra.”

Galmied growled lightly, “Or killed.”

Guk-Guk heard the last bit and gasped- tears falling quickly down her face. She was beyond words, but Dire spoke for them both.
    “Savages.” He growled turning and taking Guk-Guk back into the Dwarf’s house. The Brickheart family has been respectfully staying out of it, but they could hear everything being said just outside their door. As Dire entered Daryl’s face was hard and angry, Tarina was sniffing back tears and their children were simply quietly sitting around their mother, eyes downcast, and little heads bowed as if in prayer.

“But why?”, Sabin asked, “He was already sold. Doesn’t it end this? Isn’t it enough? Why is he still a wanted man, and how did you come to learn of him without a master? Did you really put a tab on him all those years?”, Sabin looked at Ashayra, “If so, what prevented you for buying him long long ago? Seriously he nearly died with his last mistress”

“I told you!”, the woman snapped and her pained expressions was almost the exact duplication of Sabin, “I couldn’t”

One of the other guards nodded, “The late lord of her house has passed away only this year… and acquiring enough influence for her to come here in person was a lot of trouble on behalf of the lady”

“I did it all for you my love. I had to follow Lady Ragnild and stop her before she was could do anything. That also delayed me quite a bit”, The Snow Elf lady placed her hands over Galmied’s shoulders, “I didn’t know where you were. And even finding you here was a pure chance of luck. But maybe the gods favour us together! I dreamed of this day. The day I will finally meet you!”

Sabin sighed. It all was making sense, and if she truly was after him all this time, would she really be able to fault her? After all, meeting Galmied was a pure chance of luck too. Events could have gone otherwise, and those two had history together. She didn’t want to know what exactly, but she saw those glances that her man was giving to this girl. Even if they were not intimate, something was there for sure.

Maybe it was all idiotic to believe and hope something will change regarding her life. And yet… She petted her belly. How badly she wanted to just use this card as an excuse… but since she was not so sure, would she be able to look at herself in the mirror for binding him over uncertainty.

Sabin didn’t know much about marriage life, either way. It seems this new girl had it all set and ready for him to walk in. And since Sabin had already two missions ahead of her (Finding a patron for Guk-Guk and the other was avenging her mother), was it not selfish to ask him to stay without giving him anything as dowry. She looked at Galmied’s sister and waited for her answer.

Ragnild sighed again this was getting tiring.
    “It is my job as both a Bounty Hunter...and his eldest sibling to keep track of him. I cannot speak for his future, as I said before it it up to the Elders. Now Agamar you will come with us, either willingly. Or by force.”
    Galmied looked around her recognized each guard with Ragnild and Ashayra. They were comrades when he was a guard. They were good warriors and they outnumbered him, but he could hear Guk-Guk’s cries and see the pain on Sabin’s face. Pulling away from his betrothed again he sighed.
    “I will go willingly, but can I have a few minutes tae say good-bye?” He looked at Ash adding this last part. “Alone?”

Ragnild nodded placing a hand on the young lady’s shoulder and pulling her away. She looked frantic for a second being parted from Agamar again, but the Bounty Hunter was stronger and soon the girl relented. They moved away from the Dwarf’s door and Galmied took Sabin’s hand and led her back inside. Once inside Galmied sighed.
    “I’m sorry Sabin.”

“I’m not happy, Galmied”, Sabin bite her lips. She could have told him that all his jealousy scenes he made her are unworthy of attention, if she herself could not act on them like he did. Or that he could stand up to them- but even she didn’t want to risk someone getting hurt, especially now when they were so drained from the recent fight. Beside as much as she irked her, she didn’t want to hurt his sister.

“It was nice dreaming, huh?”, she looked at him straight on, her eyebrows narrowing, “Don’t worry I won’t make a scene”- aka how badly she wanted to make one. Asking him if he loved this girl, and if it was all worth it. But instead she reached around her neck and removed something. It made a dingling and clicking sound as she took up his arm (quite roughly) and made him open his palm, “You take it okay?”, she closed his fingers and kissed them, “It was a gift from my father. You keep it close, okay?”. It was her famous moon necklace, that she decided to trust him with showed her love to him. She tapped on her belt, “Your dagger still here, I’ll treasure it…”

At this moment she recalled Jophiel and Orfiel, and pictured their wedding scene. Looks like she bet on the wrong horse, but it was her fault alone. Still she regretted nothing, and in this moment she realized that even going back in time she would not have chosen any other path. Still, the risk of his hunters finding him here was so unlikely…

“I know you don’t like it… like… when you tell me those words of love, and I don’t respond… because… because it is hard. Wish I could say it as easy as this lady friend of yours, but I can’t. But… I am thankful”, Sabin smiled, but it was an extremely sad smile, “I never thought I’d grow so attached to anyone before. I’d probably never will. I will still hunt for my mother’s killers, and don’t worry, I will make sure Guk-Guk is safe first”, She shook her head before dropping her gaze, “... Who am I kidding… I don’t want you to leave… we can take them yes? I can be gentle, I can make sure your sister will only have small pain on her head when I knock her?”, she held his clothes, “You have to stay… you… there is… hmmm... “, she held herself from telling him about a possibility of her conceiving, “I just don’t want you to go”

Galmied smiled at her tough girl display. It was always adorable, but he saw right through it. He wrapped the woman in a strong hug kissing her lips deeply. “Ye may never say it my Valkyrie, but I will. I love you Sabin, more than I have anyone before. Ashayra included, but I need to deal with this if I am ever tae have a life with you. I couldnae ask ye to degrade yerself to a concubine, and I doubt you’d go for it yourself. Be it as a free man, a fugitive, or a spirit I will come back to you.” He parted from her and moved to the still crying Guk-Guk who was clutching the little purple bunny he gave Sabin. Galmied scooped the little girl up hugging her tight.
    “Ye take care of Mama Saba and Granpa Dire ok wee lass? They’ll need you tae be strong and keep them from being sad ok?”

The little Goblin sniffed loudly her eyes red with tears. She nodded sadly and quickly gave Galmied the bunny.
    “You take Sabbi, so you don’t forget your real princess. And you come back from the evil Princess. Sir Quackers will stay here and keep Mama Saba company.” Galmied smiled kissing her head. “Ay, I will lassie, best go get the wee duck so Mama Saba knows she won’t have tae miss me.” He placed the girl down and she scurried off to get the little duck.

Dire sighed watching the girl go.
    “I am sorry Galmied.” Was all he said offering the big Elf his hand.

Galmied took the Orc’s hand and shook it firmly.
    “Nae, I’m sorry for her slapping ye.”

Dire shrugged offering a simple smile.
    “That’s woman’s hand is like a cloud. I honestly think Guk-Guk could hit harder.”

Galmied laughed nodding.
    “Ay I know she could, watch over them mate. Both of them will need ye as much as ye need them.”

Dire nodded releasing Galmied’s hand.
    “You have my word friend.”

Guk-Guk returned and gripped Galmied’s hand and led him to Sabin still by the door. She handed Sabin the duck and made it kiss the bunny.
    “There, now neither of you will be alone. Cause Sabbi and Quackers love each other too, they’ll told Lil’Bone about it a lot.”

“Quackers is a fitting name”, Sabin said trying to hold herself from laughing. She was still angry after all. At that moment she couldn’t stop picturing the huge snow elf as a giant blue duckling.

Guk-Guk huffed.
    “He’s Sir Quackers!”

“When was he knighted!”, Sabin pretended to be in shock, “What did he do? How was I not invited?”, she made a sad face.

Guk-Guk pouted crossing her arms.
    “This morning when he and Lil’Bone saved Sabbi from the evil rat king!”

Galmied chuckled nodding.
    “Ay, while ye were at the Church. The two of them jumped off Guk-Guk’s bed and fell on top of the mouse trying to chew on Sabbi. Lil’Bone didnae want tae be knighted because according tae Guk-Guk, he’s like Y’gol and doesn’t like being made a spectacle of. Sir Quackers was all for it though.”

“Pfff”, Sabin smiled, “Maybe someday the real duck will get more out of himself too”, she smiled and grabbed his hand and pulled him aside, “Come with me for a moment?”

Galmied followed the woman who led him into the back room and closed the door.

“If you are honest, and true… about all that you said…”, Sabin started to say once they made sure they were out of earsight, “Then… I need to tell you this- because I promised, no more secrets. But you have to promise me… to come back to me… alive!”

A worried look crossed the man’s face.
    “I promise my Valkyrie, truly.”

“I…”, Sabin started to walk back and forth, “I don’t know when… or how this happened… mind you, I don’t think anything has technically happened, but there were huge signs everywhere, and the other day that peach on the table looked so delicious- you know how I don’t usually like them-- and so… I… don’t be mad… I was trying to be careful- but this morning I threw up a lot- and I’m still feeling sick…-”

The Snow Elf’s mind was working quickly, and pieces were coming together. But he wanted to hear her say it, before he jumped to conclusions.
    “What are ye gettin’ at lass?”

“I think I’m pregnant. Galmied, I think… I think we’re going to have a child…”

Galmied was almost floored, his greatest hopes were coming true for once in his life. He quickly hugged Sabin, lifting her off the ground kissing her deeply.
    “Oh by the Sky Father! My vision shows the truth!”

“Visions?”, she said, still enjoying his hugs, “What visions… and please don’t go over excited, I’m still not sure that I am carrying a child… but I’m so happy to see that you are okay with this”.

Galmied chuckled putting her down.
    “Oh well, ever since mi last night with Denika, I’ve been having a vision of the future. Myself and a woman carrying a child are overlooking the Elder Peaks far tae the south. The child was a mixed race, but I couldnae see the mother’s face. And at the time the mother could either be you...or Denika. Snow Elf half-breds are rare and very little is known what one would look like, and both mother and child gave off powerful magical auras. Ever since I’ve been worried the woman might be her, but now I know it’s ye, and I couldnae be happier. And just last night I think the Sky Father told me it would be a son and his name would be Adalhardo.”

“It better be me, I couldn’t handle another woman claiming you without me snapping at her, even if it was Denika!”, she laughed, “If we truly have a son, I will name him so. I don’t recognize the dialect, what does it mean, is it a name from your people?”, Sabin smiled.

Galmied chuckled at her promise.
    “Ay and I’d hate tae deprive ye of the pleasure. As for the name it’s an ancient Snow Elf name meaning noble and strong.” He kissed her again making it deep this time his hand gripping her rump firmly.

“With a father like you how couldn’t he?”, sabin looked at the door, “To be honest, even among those elves you were a hulk… are you sure you don’t want to try and attack them and run for it? No--- then… I guess… I guess I need to let you go…. Just remember that you promised to return alive- and hopefully in one piece”

Galmied nodded slowly.
    “I will, ye just keep both our children safe ay? And as much as I’m sure Guk-Guk would love being a big sister. Let’s keep it a secret for now. Snow Elves may not be as bad as High Elves, but I’ve heard stories of noble houses killing heirs and mothers who may endanger their claims.”

“As if I could hide anything from Dire… but don’t worry, I’m sure he won’t tell… because you know… he usually isn’t very talkative to begin with”, Sabin kissed him one last time, “Take care for me… my…”, she struggled with the word so much, “My heart”, she looked at him, hoping she got it right a little.

Galmied smiled and very reluctantly gathered his gear making sure Sabbi was snuggly stashed in his bag before he exited the room and gave both Guk-Guk and Dire one last goodbye as well as a very fond thank you and goodbye to Daryl and his family before he left the small house joining the Hunting party and suffering Ash instantly clinging protectively to his arm. Shooting one final look back at Sabin, Dire, and Guk-Guk before they turned the corner and vanished.

Guk-Guk wiped tears from her face and looked up at Sabin hugging her side.
    “Will Uncle Gemmy be ok Mama?”

“He has to… he made a promise”, Sabin knelt beside and kiss her forehead, putting up her hand and closing her fingers so only her pinky was up, “When you make a promise you must keep it, and Uncle Gemmy loves us… so he will be back, and he will be fine, right?”

“Yes.” Guk-Guk nodded making Sir Quackers kiss Sabin on the lips. Sabin giggled picking the little girl up and hugging both her and the little duck while Dire rubbed the child’s head smiling.

TO BE CONTINUED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123