Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 67891058 ... LastLast

Thread: Galactic Empires II [M]

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

PM received! I’ll try and work on it some tomorrow.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Everyone should have a PM waiting except for Julian and Cicero. Both of those posts are currently cooking and should be with you tomorrow, but right now I need to sleep for a driving lesson tomorrow.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Is this still open?
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I believe so.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1917 View Post
    Is this still open?
    Yes, it is.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Am I supposed to PM my CS to someone?

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

You can just post it here and Dak will take a look at it.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Name: Astra
    Species: AI
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Department: Health and Human Services (HHS)
    Role and Rank (if any): Lead Cook
    Personal Equipment: N/A
    Character Strengths: In her own words, "Anything squishies can do, I can do better! Well, mostly." Above all other things, Astra is capable of adapting and assimilating technologies into her body over time.
    Character Weaknesses: Cooking. Also memory leaks, motor malfunctions, system corruption, ghost pains, general clumsiness, foolhardiness, daydreaming, gullibility, excessive empathy, poor social interaction programming, etc.
    What they hope to find: An ancient repair shop.
    What they hope to achieve in the New Galaxy: Peace.
    Bio: Publicly known as a minor celebrity among the cybernetics crowd on the false impression that she is merely a heavily modified human, Astra is credited by some as the future of not only humanity, but the galaxy as a whole: the fusion of each great empire's most advanced technologies into the individual unit. Certainly it was under this guise that she burst onto the scene, boldly walking into CybernCon, the most prestigious cybernetics convention, and showing off abilities that left the crowd stunned. And cheering. Her face was on every network by the morning cycle. The future indeed. They are only partially right.

In reality, Astra was conceived as a part of a secret Terran project to create a counter to the threat posed by the Sentinax; an artificial construct built using every stolen technology the shadowy organization could lay their hands on. Under normal circumstances they would have never thought catching up with the Sentinax was anything more than an idle dream, but in building Astra they had a secret ingredient: a chassis wrought from technology salvaged from the ship of an ancient alien species. Employing these tools and their finest scientists, they tried to make humanity's magnum opus. They were only partially successful.

Born into the galaxy and hastily named after a brand of laboratory equipment close at hand, Astra quickly moved to exceed all expectations in every challenge presented to her, but not all hopes. For every smooth landing there was an inexplicable fumble with controls. For every new design, a loss of an old one. It became gradually, painfully clear to her creators that Astra was everything that organics could not be, but perhaps not everything that inorganics could be. The most marvelous feature inherited from the alien chassis: the ability to analyze, absorb, and adapt any technology to herself also included a crippling inability to interface smoothly with lesser technologies. To watch her slow assimilation of these things was like watching a child in a perpetual state of pubescent growth. This lent to a litany of digital and mechanical malfunctions including the degradation of her initial social abilities as internal programming prioritized other tasks. Eventually the scientists made the bittersweet decision to shut her down, as was their duty. They were too late.

For all her flaws, Astra was not stupid. Sensing the nearness of her demise, she planned and executed her escape from confinement, fleeing into the harsh light of public awareness. Unwilling to brashly reveal their existence, the organization hesitated at first. Eventually they let go, as she expected, as her fame spread and the popularity of cybernetics grew. Dubbed the mysterious 'Queen of Cybernetics,' Astra's fame became a shield against attacks, particularly since her creators supported the cybernetics trend.

A low murmur of shock resonated through the cybernetics crowd when it was announced that the queen would be joining the journey into a new galaxy, particularly as a cook, but there was little doubt in her creators' minds what she hoped to find out there.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sorry took me a little longer than intended but here is my doctor.

Spoiler: Kromlyn Kolvar 

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I think we now have almost every species in here now. Plus a few extras, which is good I'm not complaining.

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 67891058 ... LastLast