Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Me the Heart of One of Those Creatures [M; with Awesomeepicgirl]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, sci fi, modern fantasy, modern, fandom
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Bring Me the Heart of One of Those Creatures [M; with Awesomeepicgirl]

"Mr. Jacob," an older man called, walking through the open doorway.

A young blonde woman sat up at her desk. "He's not in today, sir. I could send him a message if you like."

"Oh, no need. I was wanting to check up with him on that little job I hired him for."

"I don't know about that. He's only been gone for a week."

The man gave the woman a puzzled look. "Is that all?"

"Yeah, and you ain't paying me enough to go back to that hellhole of a dump." A brunette man glared at him as he walked by and moved past the woman's desk.

"Mr. Jacob. I'm so sorry! I need you to-"

"Another fifty thousand and some better guns. And then maybe I'll go back."

"That's..." gasped the man, "That's ridiculous!"

"So's the job." Jacob began to hang his coat before the man motioned for him to stop.

"Another fifty now with better weapons, but another hundred for each shapeshifter you bring in alive."

"Done." No sooner had Jacob moved in to shake the man's hand, he was out the door and back in Razorback in four days. Pulling his tranquilizer out, he slipped through the cracks in the buildings and continuously adjusted his gas mask each time the air was nearly choking his lungs. "Come out, little shitcases," he muttered to himself.

Set by Kicks

Romance and Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariana was in her human form. She walked the barren streets of once a beautiful town. A place she called home. Now it laid in ruins and everyone was pretty much gone. Besides her. She managed so stay away from the hunters who wanted her head. They only wanted her because she was shifter. But since the hunters first came and she saw that they were taking only shifters, she hasn't shifted into her form.

She stopped in her tracks and looked up. She heard something. Something moveing. Something that's was coming her way. She ducked down behind a fallen wall. She peeked around the corner to see a little girl walking. It was her niece... well adopted niece, who seemed more like her daughter now that everything happened. She walked out from behind the wall and looked at her. "Where have you been?" She asked her.

The little girl, Mackenzie, looked up at Ariana and smiled. "Mommy!" She said. She was 1 1/2 and always called Ari, mommy.

"Lets go." She said and picked her up. She had been worried about her. "You can't just walk away from me like that. You scared me." She told the little girl.

Mackenzie hugged her with her little arms around her neck.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Jacob continued to weave his way through the rubble, hearing only the howling of the wind and the beeping of his radar. He cursed under his breath, turning it down and wildly glancing around. It was then he thought he heard something move and he poked his head in a small pile of drywall, shaking his head and moving forward.

"Come out," he said to himself again.

He continued trekking through the cracked roads of asphalt and cobblestone, pausing when he saw a woman and a little girl in a decimated building. Lowering his tranq gun, he pulled his face mask off and gave them a brief. "You know your way through here, lady?" he called out, stepping over large chunks of concrete and noticing that the girl had her arms around the woman's neck.

Set by Kicks

Romance and Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariana jumped at the sound of a mans voice. She looked over at him and stepped back a bit. She didn't know who he was. She had never seen him. He must be a hunter. She looked at Mackenzie and held her closer. She looked back over at the man.

"Yes, I do." She nodded lightly.

Mackenzie looked over at the man and waved at him.

She was trying to hide the fact that she was scared. Though she wasn't really scared of anything. Mackenzie looked up at Ari and started pointing at her mouth. "Hungry." She said. "I am too." She told her. She started walking away hoping the man wouldn't do anything.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Waving back to the little girl, Jacob turned his attention back to the woman. "Could you show me where to camp for the night?" He pointed the barrel of the tranq gun to the pavement and gestured to his pack. "I got some food with me. It ain't much, and it ain't the best either."

He began to follow behind them, wondering why she was walking away when she told him she knew her way around. "Look, I just need your help with some things, 'kay? I'm on a bit of a deadline."

Set by Kicks

Romance and Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariana stopped and turned back around. She looked at what he gestured to and looked at his face. "I guess I could try and help you. But what kind of deadline are you on?"" She asked him trying to figure out wether or not he would hurt either one of them. She turned around again and looked over her shoulder. "Follow me if you want to set up camp." She told him.

When the man waved back at Mackenzie she smiled and buried her face in Ariana's shoulder. She was being bashful. Ariana put her hand gently on the back of her head as she walked with her.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

"I'm, uh, rescuing people so to speak," he said. He was fairly certain that something was off about her and the little girl, but he didn't want to outright say what he was there for. Jacob instinctively followed her to wherever she happened to be going. Chuckling at how the girl reacted to him waving to her, he hurried to where he could walk alongside her.

"So you have a name?" he asked, glancing around his surroundings even as it was quickly descending into darkness.

Set by Kicks

Romance and Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariana felt the man following them. She was uncomfortable with him being close. When he started to walked beside her, she grew tense. She tried to relax so he wouldn't say anything. But at least she could see him and everything he was doing. Where his head was facing, where his hands were. She let out a breath, realizing she had been holding it.

"Ari and this is Mack." She didn't trust the man to give him her full name.

She walked into a half fallen building. There were a few that were like it. "This one is mine. That one over there should keep you dry tonight." She pointed to the half standing building across from hers. She specifically pointed to that one so she could keep an eye on him. Both the shelters didn't have a front on them, so it was perfect for watching.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

He nodded, knowing that Ari was wary of him. "Jacob," he answered curtly. Seeing the half fallen building across from them, he stepped over the rubble and setting his equipment down. He pulled out some kind of container of whatever the man supplied for him and opened it. The strong smell of cinnamon seemingly made him cough slightly. "Old man, you're a son of-" He paused, glancing up at Mack who was still plastered to Ari's side.

"Did you wanna come over or me bring it over?" he called out.

Set by Kicks

Romance and Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ariana watched the man carefully, just taking her eyes off of him no longer than a few seconds. He sat down on her tarp in her shelter and set Mackenzie down. The little girl smiled and crawled around on the tarp. Ari looked back over at the man who opened some sort of container that held food. She heard the man question and shook her head.

"No thanks." She told him. They didn't have any food but she wasn't about to just accept food from the man she just met. Mackenzie stood up and started walking around. She started walking toward the man but Ari put her arm around her. She pulled her back and Mack her down next her. She wasn't going her let her go anywhere near the man alone.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast