Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gowi's Interest Log

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Weeb Shit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gowi's Interest Log

Iɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

I’ve sort of been doing this “writing with people on the internet” thing for way too long to be proud of. That’s not a jab at this shared hobby of ours, but just a weird sort of way I look at how I’ve sunk a lot of time into practically the best hobby ever. Anyway, I defer you to my profile, this thread, and my re-introduction thread to get to know me. I like to write anything from slow-paced to mid-paced in a multitude of genres with a variety of ideas. I’m generally partial to small-to-large groups but I’m no alien to 1x1’s.

I’m not impartial toward any sort of genre as I take the approach of going into a setting with an open mind. I love character creation, world-building, character development, narrative strength, proving the trope can be written well, and having a taste of every cake on the dinner table. Most importantly before you proceed you should know my central roleplaying credence:

Roleplaying should focus on developing interesting and complex characters that become part of plot-lines which catch the imagination and inspire the writer behind them to exercise creativity. It is mature, humorous, imaginative, tragic, terrifying, passionate, and rife with descriptive language and characters with real personality and relatable cares. Quality posting is far better than needless novels, yet one should never neglect detail when one feels the need. However, while word and paragraph requirements ought to be unnecessary, single paragraphs cannot contain enough detail to suffice.
    Sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅs

My writing level is somewhere between the framing of intermediate and advanced. I can write solid paragraphs and dialogue depending what is needed or how my creativity is flaring. Depending what the scene is and what I’m given you can get something short or something long. I can write characters of either gender /sexuality, it really doesn’t matter to me. After a while writing female characters, adolescents, elders, and stuff in-between I like to think I’m a fairly decent writer all-around when it comes to identity.

I’m also indifferent towards taboos, I’ve written a lot of those and deconstructed a lot of things regarded as the “norm”. Basically, dark or controversial themes do not really bother me.

With that in mind, I’m not on often so do not presume I will be able to post hour-by-hour; there is a difference from reminding me that it’s been a week or so without a post and its another to presume myself being online requires me to give you my attention exclusively. It is good to remember I have other friends, RP priorities, and hobbies. With that in mind, I will do my best to be cordial and respectful towards you as my partner so give me the same rope. Ultimately, here are some key notes:

• I prefer to RP through threads

• I don’t do smut yet am not afraid of mature themes

• I expect to get what I give on an average rate

• I am pretty flexible.

• If you prefer to drive the plot, want to have equal leadership, or myself to drive it please let me know so neither of us come in with fickle presumptions.

Vɪʙᴇs

The problem with me is I’m generally “down” for all flavors of genre, theme, and narrative. I like plots that are imaginative, heartfelt, adventurous, suspenseful, clever, gripping, and fun. I am not looking for a RP that has all of the above, so keep in mind to catch my attention somehow. As long as it’s not tasteless erotica-tier smut.

I’m equally as invested in original concepts, intriguing interpretations of official works, or by the cusp “pretty much fanfiction”. I prefer original characters, but I am always down for interpreting a classic canon as long as I’m familiar with them — if I’m not I might make it a bit wildly different. But then again I might make it wildly different if I know the source material just the same, haha. You can hook me with anime, video games, literature, cinema, and all sorts of fun shit. Surprise me.

Sᴛʏʟᴇs

A comprehensive list of fandoms and genres I like will be quite large, but I can try to summarize it to the best of my ability. Consider this part of the thread a massive "WIP".

Spoiler: Settings 
    Last edited by Gowi; 05-01-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Characters | Partner Search

Discord – Gowi#7620

Sci-Fi, Dystopia, Fantasy, Adventure, Apocalyptic, Steampunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I hear about the space opera idea?

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You like Avatar and DragonAge?
    Suddenly I am interested. very interested.
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Weeb Shit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zulera301 View Post
    You like Avatar and DragonAge?
    Suddenly I am interested. very interested.
    I’ll start with this one first, yep I like both of those things! So I’ll get on with which one is a little more developed (but admittedly not as much as I’d personally like).

With Avatar, I’ve got a sort of loose alternate universe/what if story sort of set up in the airbender universe. It revolves around right after Sozin’s Comet which is where the “what if” comes in—what if Aang had been killed during the conquest of the Eastern Air Temple? This sets in motion of the cycle which a waterbender avatar is born (my character) in the northern water tribe. Throughout the next sixteen years—more airbenders are purged due to Sozin’s paranoia, the avatar is told that she is one (big controversy for her being female and northern water tribe you can imagine), and then there’s the fire-water war that is sparked due to Sozin focusing his eyes on them after the avatar is killed.

The idea is to focus on the adventure/race against time kind of thing.

As for Dragon Age—I sort of also had an AU setup that followed a “what if all of the warden origins existed” obviously during the first game. Of course more people would die at Ostagar and watnot, but I have two characters possibly ready to go (Dalish Elf and Human Magi) and would obviously brainstorm with whoever would want to do stuff in such a thing.

Discord – Gowi#7620

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would be interested in a Superhero fiction for sure! Do you have anything in mind there?

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gowi View Post
    I’ll start with this one first, yep I like both of those things! So I’ll get on with which one is a little more developed (but admittedly not as much as I’d personally like).

With Avatar, I’ve got a sort of loose alternate universe/what if story sort of set up in the airbender universe. It revolves around right after Sozin’s Comet which is where the “what if” comes in—what if Aang had been killed during the conquest of the Eastern Air Temple? This sets in motion of the cycle which a waterbender avatar is born (my character) in the northern water tribe. Throughout the next sixteen years—more airbenders are purged due to Sozin’s paranoia, the avatar is told that she is one (big controversy for her being female and northern water tribe you can imagine), and then there’s the fire-water war that is sparked due to Sozin focusing his eyes on them after the avatar is killed.

The idea is to focus on the adventure/race against time kind of thing.

As for Dragon Age—I sort of also had an AU setup that followed a “what if all of the warden origins existed” obviously during the first game. Of course more people would die at Ostagar and watnot, but I have two characters possibly ready to go (Dalish Elf and Human Magi) and would obviously brainstorm with whoever would want to do stuff in such a thing.
    so... just a few questions and such.
    What would be the current status of the airbenders? I take it that some would obviously have to survive (My theory is that some did, considering that they were Air Nomads, which meant they wouldn't all be cooped up in the temples when the FN attacked).
    Similarly, what sort of character are you looking for? My ATLA RP experience is very vast (it was the first world I ever RP'd in), and I've played young, old, male, female, and every nation from peasants to soldiers to merchants to rulers and everything else in between. Ergo, I can basically make any kind of character. Similarly, I can obviously make multiple characrters if need be.

as for DragonAge, I've played with that idea before, and I'm cool with the notion. I assume you're talking about "what if all the potential wardens had survived their fates?" because all of the Warden origins happened in the game; just that whichever one you chose determined where Duncan was to save their hide. I'm totally down for this, and my two favorite origins (Dwarf Commoner and City Elf) are different than yours, making it easier.

thoughts?
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Sci-Fi, fan-fic, really just whatever catches my eye
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I see fallout on this list. You have my curiosity peaked.
    War...war never changes.
    A Wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always
    You want to see my army? Come take a look....
    Hey look, I got a card!!
    Can you face the Gathering Storm?
    Spoiler: The Undead Pledge 

Spoiler: The way of the Warrior 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're still looking I have a number of ideas we could work on and would LOVE to hear your own ideas, and if you want list I have:

A Space opera ready to go (Or maybe a Space Western, I'm not entirely sure which one this is, but I've put a lot of thought into it)

An Elder Scrolls RP mostly ready.

something post-apocalyptic that we could work into Fallout or not

The setup for something Dragon Age

and a rough outline for something DC, specifically based on the Teen Titans cartoon, if you weren't a fan I won't even bring this one up cause I know nothing else about the team outside that.

And if you have your own ideas for anything or ideas for Avatar, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Star Wars, or Zelda I am ridiculously game to hear any of them it's not often I feel so spoiled for choice..
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

Weeb Shit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SupaabLee View Post
    Can I hear about the space opera idea?
    I have a “in development” general science fiction world (covers aspects of space opera, space fantasy, etc.) with a degree of development including five major powers in the galaxy: The Orion Empire, The Terran Empire, The Democratic League of Planets, The Confederacy of Man, and The Union of Ticix. Each have quite different political/military values. For the most part it’s not as developed as I’d like it to be—and I don’t have a specific plot ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulera301 View Post
    so... just a few questions and such.
    What would be the current status of the airbenders? I take it that some would obviously have to survive (My theory is that some did, considering that they were Air Nomads, which meant they wouldn't all be cooped up in the temples when the FN attacked).
    Similarly, what sort of character are you looking for? My ATLA RP experience is very vast (it was the first world I ever RP'd in), and I've played young, old, male, female, and every nation from peasants to soldiers to merchants to rulers and everything else in between. Ergo, I can basically make any kind of character. Similarly, I can obviously make multiple characrters if need be.

as for DragonAge, I've played with that idea before, and I'm cool with the notion. I assume you're talking about "what if all the potential wardens had survived their fates?" because all of the Warden origins happened in the game; just that whichever one you chose determined where Duncan was to save their hide. I'm totally down for this, and my two favorite origins (Dwarf Commoner and City Elf) are different than yours, making it easier.

thoughts?
    I always speculated that they scattered and some did survive even with Sozin’s “airbender propaganda” that lured airbenders into traps set up by the nation for the first twenty years After Sozin’s Comet. Since my character would really need somebody to teach them in the ways of airbending, we’d need somebody alive for that (or I could hax and have her learn from her past lives? But I don’t want to do that.) With what characters I’m looking for? I guess in the sense of narrative would be us piecing together her travels and her meeting her (earthbending?) teacher or companions in general. Since of course eventually the Avatar is going to have to go head-to-head with Azulon (since Sozin dies estimative around the near future of the RP). Also I imagine multiple character things is what we’ll end up doing, but I’m not sure how to even start the journey and meeting of companions.

All I really have for it is the avatar character and the above.

Spoiler: The Avatar 

As for Dragon Age, like I said I have two characters designed based off this little tidbit:

Spoiler: Excerpt 

I’d assume we’d start at Ostagar and we’d figure out how we’d do it from there. Lot's of brainstorming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestige Warrior View Post
    I would be interested in a Superhero fiction for sure! Do you have anything in mind there?
    I have a setting I’m working on for it called ‘Evolution: World of Heroes’ but it’s mostly unfinished—there’s bits of lore and timeline events. If that’s okay I can go into more detail if you would want to sniff around the ideas I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonewanderer View Post
    I see fallout on this list. You have my curiosity peaked.
    A lot of the Fallout ideas I had circulated around a month after the events of Fallout: New Vegas as the courier declared New Vegas and surrounding territories independent of NCR and began trying to usher in unity. It’s an uphill concept with lots of disorder and such—but I never really got to write anything far beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tully View Post
    If you're still looking I have a number of ideas we could work on and would LOVE to hear your own ideas, and if you want list I have:

A Space opera ready to go (Or maybe a Space Western, I'm not entirely sure which one this is, but I've put a lot of thought into it)

An Elder Scrolls RP mostly ready.

something post-apocalyptic that we could work into Fallout or not

The setup for something Dragon Age

and a rough outline for something DC, specifically based on the Teen Titans cartoon, if you weren't a fan I won't even bring this one up cause I know nothing else about the team outside that.

And if you have your own ideas for anything or ideas for Avatar, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Star Wars, or Zelda I am ridiculously game to hear any of them it's not often I feel so spoiled for choice..
    Tell me about the one about Tamriel and the DC Titans concept.

Discord – Gowi#7620

Fantasy, Apocalypse, Pirates, Si-fi, History, Crime, Anime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm gearing up for an anime styled gang war it's a 1x1 about to old friends that reconnect and start thinking about reforming their old gang.

- - - Updated - - -

Pm me if your interested Growl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast