Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Bay Water Bandits( Leanna x Siks urban fantasy RP) OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) Bay Water Bandits( Leanna x Siks urban fantasy RP) OOC

Bay Water Bandits Rated M for adult content like language, sex, drugs, violence, and graphic situations.

In the shining harbor city of Halin the rich live in spiraling towers that stretch up beyond the clouds. The rest...well at least you can see the sun. Like many cities Halin is built from the ground up on the backs of fools for the kings to enjoy.

And for a city that is two miles across, there's a lot more fools than kings. You strike it rich, work yourself to death so you can maybe see some of that pie in the sky, or...you become smarter. You become a thief, many are raised by thieves in the lower reaches particularly right on the docks.

Younglings moving from cutting purses to cutting throats before they even have their first kiss. For many years rumors of the rich stockpiling resources and creating strange machines to replace the peasants. And there are stirrings in the underworld about revolution, but who really has time for conspiracies when you're worried were dinner is coming from?

For two young Thieves though these rumors will soon be seen plain as day. But will they be able to help the revolution before it's too late?

Name:
    Age(between 12-18):
    Appearance(pic and description)

Race:
    Specialty:

Racial Skills and Abilities(limit of 3)

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 3)

Weapons(Limit of 2 weapons):

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

Equipment:

Personality:

Dislikes:

Background:

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I started the sheet last night. I'll post it here once I have time to finish it. Thanks for setting this up

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

How goes it Lea?

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Name: Whistler Merning

Appearance(pic and description)
    Spoiler: Whistler 

Race: Puppet Master
    Specialties: Lock-Picking, Misdirection, and Puppet Control

Racial Skills and Abilities(limit of 3)
    1: Magic blood: Being a type of mage gives Whistler a tougher than average body.
    2: Puppet Control: As much his race as his school of discipline, Whistler can use magic amplified by a musical pipe to bring carved wooden puppets and sometimes even dead bodies to life and control them.

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 3)
    1: Lock picking: The skill he uses the most, Whistler can pick and get past nearly any lock.
    2: Slight of hand: His day job is a hustler and in this profession you need to be able to hide the winning card and assure everyone you're on the up and up.
    3: Musician: The natural side effect of being a Puppet Master who uses music to control his creations Whistler is very skilled at using his pipe to make wonderful non-magical music.

Weapons(Limit of 2 weapons):
    Utility Cleaver: A weapon he's carried with him his whole life it's a fixed blade cleaver with a heavier blade and thick handle used as much for fighting as cooking.
    Pan Pipe: His magical pipe made of fine cherry wood he carried it with him at all times.

Armor(one sensible suit of armor): He's a thief so armor isn't a big thing, but his coat is of a heavier make and offers protection from blades.

Equipment: Lock picks, a compass, penknife, and a necklace from his mother.

Personality: Whistler is a bit of a brooder. He keeps quiet and guards himself from many interactions. The Bay Water Bandits is more like a group of people stealing for themselves than a family. This leave kids like Whistler with no parents to become loners on the outside, but desperate for companionship on the inside. He's met a lot of kids like him one them a girl close to his own age. He wishes to get close to her, but his own wounded trust keeps him from doing it.

Likes: Girls, stealing, making music, making puppets, and watching clouds.

Dislikes: The rich, the city, getting caught, and going hungry.

Background: Like many in the B.W.Bs Whistler is an orphan. His father was killed by the Black Jackets, the totalitarian military that polices the poor regions of Halin. Bought and paid for by the rich they rarely take prisoners and are often made up of the most brutal crooks that come out of the slums.

Whistler was on the path himself, but his mother was a Puppet Master like him and according to her the Mernings have always been mages and many were rich. But only she and him are in Halin, the rest of their clan seemed to be dead or far from the bay city. She taught him a lot about magic and actually carved his first puppets for him. But that was at age ten, the next day she was killed in a coup against the Black Jackets. It was one of countless revolution that were snuffed out by the monsters. And each time they buckled down harder on the already heavily taxed communities. This was the last hell that turned Whistler into a Bay Water Bandit, he showed his skill as a Puppet Master to the leader, a man named Rike. The puppets his mother made him were the size of a child's doll, but this meant they could get into places others couldn't. And that was his ticket, and he cashed it in and added skills to his arsenal as the years passed.

And now he's a respected thief working directly with Rike in taking Halin back from the rich.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-07-2018 at 01:18 AM.

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I need to subscribe to this thread! I didn't even see your post asking me how it was going. Oopsies

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Lol that's ok.

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Name: Libby Marin.
    Race: Half bred human + elf.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Libby 

Libby may be a skinny thing, but what she lacks in strength she seeks to make up for with carefully practised agility. In fact, utilising the art of nimbleness has been something that the young woman has been working on perfecting since she was a young thing.

And, to be honest, this had been something of a necessity on the streets due to the natural weaker physicality that came with being female. All too often, Libby found herself being viewed as a liability in Halin’s underworld. (In particular, this was with a band of thieving street boys that she had grown up around. More than once, she had tried to join their group, only to be refused. They had called her dead weight, claiming that girls in this biz often were more trouble than help.) So, ever since, Libby had become intent on turning her slightness into an asset... (just to show them) and just so she could not only survive, but thrive in this dangerous environment.

As for the young woman’s facial features, they are quite sharp and defined, but in a very feminine sort of way (despite her shorn, chestnut brown hair). To complement these features are a set of gentle brown eyes that are as curious as they are earnest.

Specialties:

Manoeuvrability through obstacles (fitting in tight spaces, wall climbing, etc.)
    Pick-pocketing and snatching.
    Trap laying.
    Avoidance.

Racial Skills and Abilities:

Enhanced Condition: Sensory

This racial ability hails from maternal side, the Elven; a race known for their extra-sensory abilities. These genetics allow Libby to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel better than other races in society.

Environmental Adaptation: Urban Adaptation

This racial ability comes from Libby’s paternal race, the Human; a race whose ability to adapt for survival was renowned, worldwide. In Libby’s case, this gave her heightened abilities to survive the perils of a city, including the ability to better withstand air pollution, harsh temperatures, and strong electric signals.

Increased Contaminant Immunity: Most Bacteria, Most Viruses, Some Toxins

This ability is the direct result of Libby’s hybrid elven-human biology. Much like a canine mutt, the combination of her two racial genomes has resulted in her having stronger immunities to certain types of disease and noxious substances.

Normal Skills and Abilities:

1. Swimming: Libby has always been a water baby, with swimming being one of her great joys in life. The many leisurely hours she has spent in water has adversely caused her to develop quite a strong stroke, as well as an ability to move through water with a certain amount of grace.

1. Flexibility: This is another ability that she has been practicing since she was a child. Libby is able to contort her body, to stretch and flip over in order to manoeuvre herself through various types of space. (For instance, the young woman can do the splits, the standing bow, the wheel pose, the bow pose, the one-legged king pigeon, and more.)

Weapons:

Light and easily hidden (much like her), Libby’s weapon of choice is her hand blades, also known as shuriken. This allows her to maintain some distance from dangerous situations, rather than confronting them head on.

However, just in case anything harmful gets a bit too close for comfort, she also carries a dagger that she can utilise easier at close-range. This is more for a precaution, however. She tends to use it more for peeling fruit or rope-cutting.

Armor:

Only a thick, dark grey top that offers a respectable amount of protection, due to its high quality design. (She stole it from a tailor that had been commissioned to design it for some affluent member of society.)

Equipment:

Her raggedy (albeit handy-dandy) backpack contains first aid essentials: her money, her dagger, and some small scraps of food that she saves to feed homeless dogs.

Personality:

When first exposed to the streets, Libby was young and frightened, which initially manifested as extreme shyness. Thus, at one point in her childhood, she became so seized by timidity that she went through a phase of even refusing to speak. (This earned her a nickname amongst some of the street children: The Mute.)

As she matured into young womanhood, however, her confidence has grown as she has become more capable, and more accustomed to street life. She has been able to move past a great deal of her past insecurities, confronting uncertainty with a bit more bravery than she had in her younger years.

Note: Libby also is a quintessential ‘dog-person,’ having earned the trust of quite a few feral dogs over the years. She has done this by always being kind to them, something that the homeless animals were not very accustomed to. Libby has even gone so far as to name many of them, and knows their normal haunts. It is not uncommon for her to leave scraps for them when passing by any particular one of them, and she is always happy to offer affection.

Dogs.
    Raspberries.
    Swimming.
    Showing off her back flips.

Dislikes:

Rude people.
    Snobby people.
    Brussels sprouts.
    Boredom.

Background:

Once upon a time, Libby had parents.

Just like every other orphan in the world.

However, Libby differs from other orphans in one very important way: her parents are still very much alive, and they still love her so very much. Yet, sometimes love is not enough.

Libby was born into a household of extreme poverty, to a human father and elven mother, who were both honest and hardworking. Her father, a manual labourer, worked his body raw just to provide for his family. Her mother, a seamstress, worked tirelessly from the home while caring after young Libby.

But when Libby was nine years old, the harsh realities of the world changed her life drastically. When her mother fell gravely ill, her father had been forced to leave his job to care for his ailing wife (and, not to mention, mind his young daughter). This misfortune ultimately caused great financial burden on the family, until they could no longer afford to pay taxes.

And great was the punishment for this crime.

First, Libby’s father was seized and jailed.

Second, her ill mother was told she must make all due payments, immediately.

Needless to say, neither parent could meet such demands; thereby leaving both incarcerated until their dues were paid.

As for Libby, she was taken to an orphanage at the tender age of ten, never having been told where her parents were... or even why they had been taken away (except that they were in prison for criminal behaviour).

However, at eleven, Libby discovered that she preferred the free life on the streets, as the orphanage was a poor substitute for a family. So she ran away and went on to begging for food; at least until another (more seasoned) street child guided her in the art of pickpocketing. From this, the girl eventually graduated into snatching, which was a more dangerous more dangerous hustling tactic... but always more lucrative.

Thus Libby amalgamated into the dangerous underground world of Halin, turning into another nameless young one who scoured the city streets like rats.
    Last edited by Leanna; 04-06-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: .

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Good start lass.

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I have everything about her written in bullet points, just need to write it into sentence form.

I'm not too familiar with a ton of stuff in a world like this so please let me know if something doesn't work. I'm happy to edit whatever.

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well this world is new, so not too much to worry about.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast