heaven can't help me now
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cody MacKinley

Female

Nymphic (Unseelie Fae, Sylph)
    Nurse's note: Cody, as a changeling, has, over the summer, chosen to take on the full birthright of an Unseelie fae; this change into a full blooded fae will come into fruition over the next year and in the transition period, typical attributes of her age group may will be amplified. These include but are not limited to: risky/dangerous behavior, pushing boundaries, magical abilities changing, or becoming unpredictable, mood swings, identity insecurities, bodily changes, decreased or lack of communication and motivation, etc...

Liraellian

Spoiler: too much sass 

Scotland

Cody is a changeling, a fact that which she was not aware of until she started exhibiting powers at puberty - age 11. Her father, having raised Cody as a single parent, was uncertain of what to do; he had suspected her mother's lineage but had hoped that Cody would not inherit any of the traits that had so attracted him to Cody's mother. He was not so fortunate. As soon as he came to learn that Old Rainford's was enrolling changelings, Cody was sent away for a, "better education."
    As Cody began displaying more of her fae attributes, her father became quite distant; he is very unwilling to spend any length of time alone with her. She spends very few holidays at home, other than the mandatory summer break. This behavior from her father may have been a catalyst for her choosing to embrace her fae bloodline and become full fae. Her father doesn't seem to have noticed.
    In the years Cody has previously spent at Old Rainford's, Cody was a generally happy child, frequently found with many friends and interested in her studies. She enjoys ska music and has a countdown to Kemuri - PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)'s release date (September 22nd, 20 days to go!). Her current favorite film is the new Disney movie, Mulan, and she loves watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Xena.
    Over the summer, Cody uncharacteristically seems to have pushed away many of her friends. Her demeanor has become rather blunt and fickle. She doesn't seem to be the same girl she was. Though she would never admit to it, Cody is scared and trying to come to terms with her decision and the changes that are already taking hold.

Hank, the hedgehog

. . .

What do you call a bee who's had a spell put on him?

He's bee-witched.

Last edited by rabbit; 02-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Playing it vaguely safe here and going with a pre-listed trait. I haven't actually written with groups in a while, so maybe for the best. Also, no, I haven't forgotten to post a character. Been very busy as of late. What with working 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Name: Tanner Larson

Preferred Age: 15

Magical Ability: Werewolf (Being pure blooded werewolf, Tanner holds on to his keen sense of smell and hearing, even while in human form. These senses are heightened when he changes into a werewolf.)

House: Liraellian

Spoiler: Appearance 

Birthplace: U.S.

About: Tanner's large family, consisting of his mother, father, and his five older siblings (one brother and four sisters), lives on the country side, due to it being easier on them during the full moon. Most have been to and moved on from Old Rainfords, leaving Tanner to fend for himself for the most part. He's just glad to be away from his siblings that torture him so.

Being the youngest of five children, and refusing to accept help from his sisters, Tanner moves through the school alone. Although he's never seen himself as gifted, possibly due to being talked down to by his siblings, he hated the idea that they might be right. A lot of his siblings rivalries have shaped Tanner into somewhat of a lone wolf, so to speak. He struggles to work with others, but does not see himself as above it. In fact, he prefers the company of others so as to attempt to impress or simply to converse with.

Other: A childhood incident has rendered Tanner very much afraid of large dogs, despite being a werewolf himself. Even in his werewolf form, he hesitates to get close to any canine of medium to large sizes, no matter how friendly they may be.

Relationships:

Dare: Tanner and Dare have a friendship going on. Maybe it's the way his magic calms the beast inside, or the fact that he was one of the people to defend Dare during the Jessica Lawrence incident. Either way, Dare is cool.

Mateo: Mat likes freaking Tan out with his dog form now and again. That's okay though, because Mat is kinda cool besides that, and Tan just kinda puts up with it because, you know, that's what friendship is... And he also thinks he would probably beat that scrawny kid up in a fight any day. :P

Nori: Mat and her seem to be friends, according to the very first IC post, so by extension, Tan and Nori would be okay friends. They relate with each other, having a ton of older siblings to trash talk about.

Mali: He envies her little brother, having a sister that actually writes to him and seems to like him. Amalia is the sister he wished he had, but outside of that, he's certain she doesn't remember him from the years before, since they didn't talk as much.

Cody: He's aware of her existence. He hesitates to interact with her, as she can be somewhat distant. While he may not know what she's going through, he does know that she is quite clearly not interested in him as a person. Might think she hates werewolves?

Yoshi: Very confused about this person. They don't usually like people, it seems. Even more of a lone wolf than Tanner may be werewolf, and considering he's pure-blooded, that's saying something. Avoids this kid if he can.

Ferit: Rich kid Jinn, so he's heard. "Repeat Boy", as some call him. Tanner isn't fond of this kid, as he seems very "greater than thou" in attitude. May have spoken with him a time or two, considered making a wish (has never actually done it), but has never fully gotten to know Ferit as a person.

What do you tell a bee when it's bothering you? Buzz off! Ye? I've also got some un-bee-lievable puns.

Last thing: If there's anything I need to know about werewolves or something I should change, give me a heads up. Like I said, haven't written with a group in a long time.
    Last edited by MashuNeko; 02-07-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    What's up, peeps?
    Don't mind the odd Avi, just something old I liked.

Want to RP with me? Ask! I'm open to any kind of 1x1's at the moment.

Spoiler: What I Do/Don't Like 

My most opportune days will be Saturdays and Sundays,
    just FYI.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Niiiiiice A ccepted

ICs comin along nicely and will hopefully be up today so before we really get goin on this, two things,

One, anyone want any teacher characters?? It's cool if not but yeah

and second, I've got quite a few things planned, but does anyone have any stories or adventures they think they wanna play out in this?? It could be character specific or whatever but yeah, just let me know if so

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

IC IS UP KIDS!!!!!
    https://role-player.net/forum/showth...04#post2959104

So yeah, we're startin with the kids gettin back to school. There is a train that goes directly to the school (cough cough like hogwarts cough cough) but your kid doesn't have to get to school that way. They can fly or swom or drive or whatever as long as they get there

Left my two kids on the train relatively open if anyone wants to interact though, but again it's cool if not.

ALSO U WILL GET MEGA BEE BROWNIE POINTS IF U REMEMVER THAT I DID ACTUALLY SET THIS THING IN THE 90S!!! :0
    so yeah go mad with any and all references and aesthetics and stuff if u wanna because fuck I know I am haha

Fantasy, Futuristic, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Name
    Shiyoshiavern 'Yoshi' Yasuhiro

Preferred Age

Birth Country
    Japan

Magical Ability
    Wizard/Chronomancy
    (Doctor's Note: Student exhibits high native control in regards to the flow of time. However, it appears that with excessive use, the student's body will temporarily "flash" forward or backward its aging properties making the student appear 5-7 years older or younger than he truly is. Teachers are advised not to allow the student to attempt "high yield" chronomancy (i.e. halting or reversing time) without the headmaster present.)

House
    Abhorsen

Appearance
    Spoiler: Ever try eating a clock? 
    Spoiler: It's very time consuming 

About
    Yoshi has always been seen as the most normal and underwhelming child there was. He never spoke too much, rarely went out with friends, and hardly did much in the way of school activities. A true "lone wolf" he spent a lot of his time diving into various books across all genre's, preferring the worlds they created to the dull real one he had to live in. It wasn't that Yoshi didn't like living in the real world, it was more of the fact he felt that he didn't see many purposes to it all.

He was also a very late bloomer in regards to his magical abilities. His parents could only watch in sadness as their son lay adrift in the unreal as a normal child. That is until his parents decided to leave two wands instead of one of his books in an attempt to double their chances. Yoshi, none the wiser, proceeded to finish a 3 book series, start to end, in one second. Yoshi naturally did something that not even his parents could accomplish without great effort and even then to less effect. But this came at a cost, for after that second, his parents were treated to a Yoshi that looked 5 years older than normal.

After these events, Yoshi's life took a turn for the abnormal, much to his chagrin. A lot of people wanted to study him now and learn his innate abilities first hand. All Yoshi wanted to do was read, but it seemed that every 10 seconds some researcher with magical testing equipment was at the front door. This continued on until a particular letter came in the mail addressed to Yoshi, inviting him to attend Old Rainfords. Yoshi eagerly accepted, in his naivety seeing the opportunity as an escape to peace an quiet. It started out as such, much to his relief, but peace and quiet generally flee in the presence of a chronomancer.

Other:
    Yoshi has a female Snowy Owl named Yuki.
    Yoshi is surprisingly good at playing the harp, most likely due to his dexterity in handling books.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Accepted

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

vote for RPA

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Ahh, I will try to finish my CS today.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Dark, Comedy, Sci-fi, High Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*Coughs* I may have gone a bit overboard on my intro post.

I wanted to give some context to Dare's circumstances but uhhhh...

You can skip down to the third section if you don't want to read a bunch >.>;

((Ava/Sig set by Mystress of Souls!))

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

done with my cs btw

vote for RPA

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast