Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Rainfords: School for magically Gifted Children {OOC - M}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

*is slightly intimidated by the opening posts*

Welp, time to make myself look weak before the posting gods. xD

EDIT: That's my best first post. Hope y'all like it, but honestly, I just got lost in my writing.
    Last edited by MashuNeko; 02-05-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    What's up, peeps?
    Don't mind the odd Avi, just something old I liked.

Want to RP with me? Ask! I'm open to any kind of 1x1's at the moment.

Spoiler: What I Do/Don't Like 

My most opportune days will be Saturdays and Sundays,
    just FYI.

Dark, Comedy, Sci-fi, High Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pfft you did just fine

((Ava/Sig set by Mystress of Souls!))

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Name:
    Ferit Ali Sadik

Home Country:
    Turkey

Birthplace:
    Unknown

Magical Ability: Jinn
    Notes: As a jinn, Ferit is known to be able to grant wishes but as code of law set by the “Jinn Order” themselves it is strictly prohibited that he admit any wish asked of him - punishment may vary accordingly if law is broken. However, harmless and small wishes are typically not heavily reinforced. Jinns are able to possess objects, living or otherwise… but it is against their code of conduct and the law itself to possess living beings of higher intelligence. Shapeshifting is a natural talent of theirs that mustn't be misemployed nor misused. It is a rare occurrence among jinns to be able to utilize magic effectively but Ferit has shown he is more than able to harness its fiery properties, although he is not as skillful as he could be and, for a time, it was not well controlled due to lack of guidance growing up.

House:
    Sabriellus

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Actual Jinn Form 

Spoiler: Human, disguised Form 

About:
    Like most creatures, Ferit was born through procreation. He grew up in Rize, Turkey as a lone child with his father and mother. His place of birth remains unknown. His parents were both fairly strict and cold natured. He was generally kept away from the public for reasons unbeknownst to him - though occasionally he would sneak out of the house. His parents homeschooled him until he was of age to attend Old Rainfords. It was not common for jinns to even attend a school like Old Rainfords but Ferit had a “unique trait” that could not be managed at home. His homelife as a child was not entirely loving and nurturing, therefore Ferit throughout his life has had a fairly standoffish nature. He also knew only of wealth and good fortune, never truly knowing the misfortunes life can bring aside from the fact his parents were emotionally distant and somewhat cruel.

Arrogant and cold were two traits his distant peers often described him as. Ferit was not pleased to have to go to such a school and although he tried to show his independence, it was clear he was unaccustomed to life outside of his homeland and school life was an entirely new ordeal for him. It was something he was completely unprepared for and his first year ended with him having to redo his first year - his nickname “Repeat Boy” was a painful reminder of his damaged pride. However, despite this he made it bitterly clear to everyone around him that he was still somehow superior. He gained only one friend his first year; their friendship was carried out throughout the years and they still remain good friends. It was also rumored that he would carry out any wish asked of him if a set of tasks were done first after acquiring some sort of password… whether this is only a rumor or not remains unclear.

Ferit was initially assigned to house Liraellian but this year he will be assigned to house Sabriellus.

Other:
    Ferit’s “unique trait” is his affinity with magic, especially in terms of fire magic. It is something that was not well controlled because his parents were not well versed in knowing how to deal with their son’s ability, resulting in many instances that could have costed him or his parents greatly. Therefore, he was to be sent to Old Rainfords to better control it.

Details on Jinns:
    Jinns have the ability to defy gravity; some can sore through the sky at great speeds, some can only levitate a few feet off the ground, and then there are some who can’t fly at all. They also have the ability to cause a person to hallucinate and cause them to have bad dreams, it is easily done if the individual is weak willed. Though powerful jinns have been known to disrupt the vision of even the strong willed. It is well established within the jinn culture that causing somebody to hallucinate is frowned upon and is highly discouraged unless in a life or death situation. As of current times, there is a law the Jinn Order is trying to pass that would punish jinns who abuse this power. Jinns also have a fairly strong sense of smell, less than that of say a wolf’s but much greater than a human’s.

Now, as far as spelling and pronunciation goes: within the jinn culture they are known to use “jinn” as singular and “jinns” as plural. However, there are many different variations around the world that are not necessarily incorrect. Some other singular ways of saying and spelling jinn are: jinni, genie, djin/djinn, djinni. And here are some plural ways of saying and spelling jinns: jinn, genies, djin/djinn. There are more variations, those are just the more common ones.

Fun Fact!: When he cries his tears are a charcoal color.

Noriko: Up until his third year at Rainsford (technically fourth year) Ferit and Nori were on decent terms, they didn’t have any issues with one another and very rarely talked… but, third year comes around and Ferit makes a comment in her presence about how her House was full of feeble witches and wizards who were far too spineless and inadequate. (I’m not sure if Nori would even care or not, so I will leave how she feels about this up to you, Bee!)

Mateo: Ferit finds Mat to be an interesting character but his nonchalant and cocky demeanor tends to aggravate him. He feels they’re in a constant rivalry to prove who is superior. Whether that is really what is going on or not, Ferit can’t be sure. A lot of the time he does feel inferior to Mat and tries to prove otherwise which usually only results in unnecessary conflict between the two. Only little arguments every now and again, nothing that appears to be too serious in the eyes of those around them. Some even think they’re just the type of friends who tend to argue just for the fun of it. Though truthfully they are not buddy-buddy.

Amalia: She has a temper. Ferit has noticed this about Mali and she reminds him of Sable a little. They’ve chatted every now and again and seem to be on good terms - could even say they are friends. They have had small issues but nothing too severe to cause any dislike.

Daragh: The incident three years prior had left Ferit feeling… awkward, to say the least, around Dare. Although Ferit never apologized for what he had said or for catching the faun’s bobtail on fire by mistake, he had felt deep down some troubling feelings whenever he saw Dare. Though he never could name what that feeling was. So, he always tried his best just to avoid him.

Cody: - in progress

Tanner: A werewolf. That already sparks some dislike within Ferit. He doesn’t really like the kid. However, they never had many interactions - just the occasional forced cooperation seeing as they are both under House Liraellian (until this year)... but Ferit always made it subtly clear that he was almost indifferent to Tanner, sort of in a condescending way which made it seem like he thought he was better than him. Whether that is Ferit's aim to make himself seem superior isn’t very clear.

Shiyoshiavern: Ferit has never really had any major problems with Yoshi, surprisingly. As far as Ferit could recall, the two of them only spoke once or twice. Though he did find his time ability to be interesting. He did wonder how it worked and whether or not he really could stop time.
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 02-10-2018 at 11:47 PM.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Literally anything but horror
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Haha I think I have the shortest intro
    wow

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks good to me, Nio. I like it, anyway.

As for our new Jinn, that seems like it could be interesting. :3
    What's up, peeps?

just FYI.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

YYYYASSSSSSS YYYYYY AAAAASSSSSSSSSS

LOOK AT ALL THESE DELICIOUS TASTY LONG POSTS. MAMA IS PROUD OF Y'ALL YAS.

ok but srsly yas. i love this shit.

Ok. So. If ur kid is already there, or already gonna be there, they can go unpack in their respected rooms is they want, that or some teachers are around if they wanna interact with them.

As for kids on the train, we could have some brief interaction if y'all want but they'll be at the school soon enough so we can get shit moving.

Also, do we want all of these kids to be pre-established buddies?? Or do we just want to start afresh with the kids getting to know each other anew in this RP?

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MashuNeko View Post
    Looks good to me, Nio. I like it, anyway.

As for our new Jinn, that seems like it could be interesting. :3
    Interesting indeed! lol.

-

I would imagine some of the kids would be buddies already but prolly not all.
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 02-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

"Thank you, Master."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, there are several people I could see being Tan's buddy, but that's up to you, peeps. :3
    What's up, peeps?

just FYI.

Dark, Comedy, Sci-fi, High Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm kinda waiting to reply again... Don't wanna clog the thread with posts before more people reply.

((Ava/Sig set by Mystress of Souls!))

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Annnddd, I have posted. I hope I got everything relatively correct in terms of how the world is suppose to work. I left the end of the post fairly open if anybody wants to interact. I wasn't sure where to take my character past entering the train. Also unsure if the train is already moving? Sorry if I totally missed something.

Note!! Currently Ferit is known to be in house Liraellian.

I also have a question: how do the houses interact with one another?

also sorry if the cursing was a bit much? I only included two words and they're not that bad at all lol;;

EDIT: ah, i forgot about that channel tunnel thing....... okey i will edit in them taking that train thingy unless there is some magical way they got there in their own car lol .... unless i am totally wrong - sorry i do not live in Europe lmao
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 02-06-2018 at 07:46 AM.

"Thank you, Master."

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast