Page 1 of 38 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Rainfords: School for magically Gifted Children {OOC - M}

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Old Rainfords: School for magically Gifted Children {OOC - M}

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Possible Violence, Possible Language, Possible Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes

Old Rainfords
    School for Magically Gifted Children

OOC

It's the September of 1998

And term's starting up again.

Old Rainfords was started way back in 1542 by the prestigious wizarding Rainford family. The Rainfords wanted to create a safe educational environment where magically gifted children of all shapes and sizes could come to learn and improve themselves.

The school has been running ever since, and has produced many well known members of everyday magical society. For example Theodora Luca, CEO of the widely known 'Enchantment' ©™ Line of cosmetics, Rodney D. Carlisle, First Werewolf blooded man to run for a seat in parliament and Bernadette Chang, the first shapeshifter to have her own reality TV show in the UK.

Here at old Rainfords, we pride ourselves on accepting children from any line and degree of magical intimacy, no matter their skill level or natural abilities.

For as our school motto says;

' Nos tam desperatis quis faciam! '

A Little on the Plot
    and whatnot

So with regards to the plot, I'll be honest, it's gonna be pretty similar to the way Harry Potter sort of runs things. The school itself is effectively this alternative (trendier in my opinion) version of Hogwarts. I'd like to clarify now though that this is not a direct parody or spin-off of the Harry Potter universe. Old Rainfords is a completely different thing, it simply takes a lot of influence and inspiration from some of the things Harry potter and Hogwarts did.

Anyway, story details. So yeah, like I mentioned, the plots will consist of various magical hijinks and mysteries that happen within the school throughout the year. These could range from small little fun adventures that are over in a day, to epic long lasting sagas that take up the whole year. As you'll have noticed, I have rated this as a M, but that's honestly more of a 'just in case' than anything. Overall I'd like to keep the theme of things in this one relatively fun and lighthearted, but if we feel the need for something a little serious or dark, we've got that M rating there for insurance.

School Information

Students

Previously at Old Rainfords, we have accepted students that are:

Wolf Blooded - Ranging from pure to half
    Nymphic - Both of the Elven and Faeriy variety
    Deceased - Both Ghostial and more Zombified varieties are welcome at Old Rainfords, although we ask that the latter give prior warning so all brain specimens can be adequately hidden.
    Transfiguartive - Shapeshifters or Animagus'
    Spellcasters - Witches and Wizards are treated as equals here at old Rainfords in accordance to the Salem Act of 92'

( I made this little list just to give you a little idea of what your character could be, but I'm more than happy to have something that's not on here too. All I ask i that you discuss it with me first if it's something relatively major. Only so we could figure out how (for example) the school would accommodate a talking cat or something of the sort )

Houses

Your child will be sorted into one of our three School Houses upon their first day here at Old Rainfords. They will be re-evaluated for their school house each new school year also, and although it is rare for a child to switch school houses, it is possible and has been known to have happened before. They will from then on represent this house on all school competitions and events, as well as be living in the designated House dormitories.

Sabriellus
    Those put into the Sabriellus house often have a more intimate relationship with magic in its rawest form. Many of our Witches and Wizards reside in this house, though not all. Children in the Sabriellus house are known to be gentler and more considerate to those around them.
    Children placed into the Sabriellus house will reside in the dormitories located by the Green Lake.

Liraellian
    Those of confidence and dominance often reside in the Liraellian House. Children of a quick-thinking and bold attitude often seem to populate the Liraellian House. Many of the schools more physically attributed children alos get placed within the Liraellian House, though again, not all.
    The Liraellian dormitories are located within the North wing of the campus.

Abhorsen
    The Abhorsen house values dedication and loyalty. A hard-working house, known for its intellect and peacekeeping attributes. Out of all the Rainford houses, Abhorsen is the most varied and diverse.
    The Abhorsen dormitories are located next to the upper libraries.

- Madame Rainford would like to Clarify that despite what some may say, there is no favouritism or discrimination between houses at Old Rainfords.

Uniforms

Uniforms at Old Rainfords must be worn at all times throughout the school week. Uniforms are specific to a students house. Uniforms may be added to with various accessories and adornments that promote a students house, as long as said garments aren't too over the top.

Spoiler: Sabriellus Variation 

Spoiler: Liraellian Variation 

Spoiler: Abhorsen Variation 

Boys attending the school have no house variation to their uniform, save for any additional teacher approved and house promoting adornment they wish to display upon their person.

Staff

Spoiler: Madame Evangeline Circe Rainford 

Spoiler: Thomas C. Carlisle 

Spoiler: Cassiopeia Leda 

Spoiler: Bobby Dodd 

Spoiler: Dr. Boyd Baldwin 

Spoiler: Vernon Alder 

( I'm more than happy for you to create a teacher character too if you want. They might not have as much to do as your main student character, but if you wanted a little extra to do and write, it'd certainly help me out and get Bee points on your side )

Subjects

Here at Old Rainfords we teach a variety of subjects:

- Advanced Level Jinxes and Hexes (Year five students and up)
    - Alchemy
    - Astronomy
    - Basic level Jinxes and Hexes
    - Basic Charms and Spells
    - Clairvoyance
    - Basic Combat & Defence Training (Special Weapon training may be granted with parent permission)
    - Divination
    - Enchantment
    - Herbology
    - Magical Lore (Including International Studies)
    - Rugby
    - Rune Reading
    - Transfiguration (Prioritised for Shapeshifters initially)

Misc.

-Some pets are allowed on School propety, BUT only after specific permission and observation from the School Board.
    - For the time being, Uniforms are still differently specific to boys and girls, despite Miss Yasmine's protests and ongoing 'Uniform Equality' project. Any student seen outside of correct school uniform during lesson time will be given detention.
    - Prefect's are to report to Mr. Carlisle directly, and Madame Rainford when the Moon is full.
    - Rumours and gossip regarding relationships between Mr. Carlisle and Madame Rainford SHALL NOT be tolerated.
    - Mrs. Leda's knitting after curriculum class has been moved to Thursday evenings.

Actual Rules Now
    Gotta have em I'm afraid

1) No godmodding straight into the IC please. If you've got an idea just run it by me first so we can check it fits in ok and everything

2) I don't have a particular posting requirement, as I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get posts in to an adequate length and quality. But if you wouldn't mind writing up a paragraph every two days or so that'd be just swell

3) Try and make your characters unique in some way or form and different from others you see within the RP. It'd be pretty dull if we just had a bunch of Gary and Mary Sues. But then if there's something you're unsure of, just PM me and we'll see what we can do

4) I understand things I've said may be confusing or unclear so I cannot stress enough that I'm more than happy to discuss and answer anything you wanna say to me. Seriously, if anything, I'm eagerly waiting for discussion.

5) I've written quite a bit so far and in my opinion it's all stuff that needs to be read to understand where I'm going here. So just to check you're still with me, tell me a bad jokes about bees at the bottom of your character sheet please

6) Have fun... OR ELSE

Information the Bee didn't know where to put so here it is

Old Rainfords takes place in a world where magic is a known accepted thing, kind of. In the way that, some 'normal' people know about it, but then some don't. It's an accepted thing in the world but also declining somewhat, hence why Old Rainfords is one of the only magical schools still left.

Continuing on from my last point, Old Rainfords takes students from anywhere in the world, they don't just have to be from England.

Students also aren't limited to one particular trait of magic. So, for example, a Werewolf could also be capable of channelling magic through a wand and casting spells. But they probably wouldn't be as good at it as a Witch or Wizard would. Another example could be a Witch or Wizard also being capable or shapeshifting, but they might only be able to magically change themselves into one animal whereas a natural born shapeshifter is able to transform themselves into various different animals.

Character Sheet

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Accepted Students & Teachers

Spoiler: Noriko 'Nori' Green 

Spoiler: Mateo 'Mat' Luca 

Amalia Leviscant
    Daragh
    Cody MacKinley
    Tanner Larson
    Shiyoshiavern 'Yoshi' Yasuhiro
    Ferit Ali Sadik
    Salisia Lanea
    Last edited by BumblingBee; 03-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, BumblingBee! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Literally anything but horror
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Amalia (Mali) Leviscant

Preferred Age: 16

Magical Ability: Nymphic (I'm thinking Fire Elf Magic type thing)

House: Liraellian (Maybe? I guess?)

Appearence:
    Spoiler: Amalia Appearance 

About: Amalia is the eldest sister of two. Her brother is too young to go to Rainfords, but she writes him letters all the time. She's a little jealous of her brother, as it's clear that her mother favors him, but she loves the little boy anyways. Amalia is closer to her father, and they share the same analytical mindset, something that her mother doesn't exactly understand. Because of this frame of mind, Amalia is a little bit emotionally detached from her peers. However, she does have her mother's temper, and she is easily angered.

Other: ??? Can she have a pet snake?
    Last edited by Nioma0nWat3r; 02-01-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: change image link

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So... I guess my question would be... May I have something that is very clearly not human (minotaur, troll, etc), should it resemble a human at least somewhat (centaur, naga, satyr), or purely human with a magical trait (werewolf, faeriy/elven, etc)?

I can work around this regardless of your answer. I just want to know what works for you.
    What's up, peeps?
    Don't mind the odd Avi, just something old I liked.

Want to RP with me? Ask! I'm open to any kind of 1x1's at the moment.

Spoiler: What I Do/Don't Like 

My most opportune days will be Saturdays and Sundays,
    just FYI.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Nio, all looks good to me, although I can't see the picture??? but then that might just be me

Mashu, that sounds ok to me, id say the thing you've got to worry about is they have to at least be humanoid enough to be able to dunction and work in a school thats designed for relatively humanoid things if you get me. So you could figarutively have a minatour if you wanted, but it'd have to be a minatour that could fit through the doors at the school and fit into the uniform if you get me.

does that make any sense?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi!Here's the pic. I screwed up the link because I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Nioma0nWat3r; 02-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Brillo she looks fun

Also, cause i forgot to ask before, what sorta talents and skills would a fire elfy gal have exactly??

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I have been away from roleplaying for a few months now but this sounds interesting so perhaps I shall join. I will think about it.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ooh talents and skills?
    I guess going along with the whole Analytical thing:
    She's good at strategy, and adapting strategies as well, so chess is definitely a "talent"
    Other mind related talents include observing people and 'reading them' I guess. Like People watching.
    Physical skills include flexibility and above average speed. She's into the yoga stuff probably.

Magical abilities.... Her fire magic is yea, bursts of flame, but they're like... super hot and she can't sustain them too well. I wanted her magic to be linked to her emotion, and her anger manifests in fire. As such, it's very much a flashfire type attack.

I'm not entirely sure if that's what your looking for but yea there you go?

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bee i need to know what the uniforms look like

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Page 1 of 38 123 ... LastLast