Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stay Down: The Lives and Times of Yorkmizer's Finest (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What a mess. He thought that his past squad was a joke? This new team was just a hands down disaster. As the meeting concluded, he glanced at Ketsuki. The cut on his cheek was deep enough to scar. At first, he thought about fixing it, but the battle scar would be much cooler down the line. He wasn't being a "bad" medic. He was just helping his colleague. Retroactively.

But it didn't matter who or what was bleeding. It was time for a new mission! Time to finally grab the bull by the horns and saddle up, ride this baby to the ground. Granted, they were going in guns blazing, and that only made his job harder, but at least he had some action on his hands. Some spice.

Duncan made his way back to the truck, meandering as the rest of the group hustled. Even as the rest of his squad was strapping in, he loaded himself into the truckbed and began to recount his supplies one more time. He turned his head and look into the cabin, at his new squadmates. He adjusted his glasses a bit, taking stock of them. That "Grizz" man looked similar, but had to have half the intellect after that outburst in the briefing room. And Katsuki? He didn't know enough yet, but he hoped that he didn't have too much edge to get anyone else cut. Duncan sighed. It was going to be a long night, but a good one.

He pulled out a cigar from his front pocket and lit it with the cauterization blowtorch in his medkit. He replaced the torch as he took a long puff and got comfortable, shotgun in hand.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Grizz quirked his eyebrow before sound spanking Dawn on her ass before pointing an accusing finger at the woman. "You will respect Annabelle's name heathen! As for the dust I blame you cause all the dust had come from the vents and it wouldn't be there unless you blew it in from the engine." He poked her cheek lightly before watching the rest of the Assault team file into the truck.

The birdman sighed lightly he could already feel all the dirt and defilement his poor Annabelle would be enduring with all these foul people stomping through her interior. He'd need to spend the night cleaning her out once this mission was over. He watched as the other team piled into some old Styker vehicle and motored off. The Captain ordered everyone to find a seat before she came up behind the driver's seat.
    "Ok big guy, take us out and I'll guide you from there." Grizzwald nodded and fired up Annabelle and began driving towards the mission.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ketsuki crawled into the truck sitting towards the back. It was cramped in here with the new found crowd of people. Yet he would have to put up with it. What was wrong with them just using their own vehicle? Now he was in a truck full of people he was sure hated him. With a sigh he scaled up to one of the top bunks in which he had claimed to be his own on the way here and plopped himself onto his back staring at the ceiling of the vehicle.

It seemed pretty alright being in the top bunks while everyone else was below him. It was less cramped and all he had to deal with was the lower ceiling. The peace would end soon as a head popped up beside his and the female marksman shouted next to his ear. "Boo!" She said and only laughed at him as he jumped and felt a cold chill run down his body. Half sitting up he glanced at the girl and glared. "What do you want?" He asked her and turned away.

With a sly grin the girl shrugged and placed her arms on the edge of the bunk. "Listen here. I don't know how long you've been doing this. But let's be clear alright?" She paused to see the man ignoring her and jabbed his side. "I said listen." She said once more as Ketsuki glared back at her before looking away again. "Nah I'm good. Go away." The girl frowned and jabbed him again. "Don't know how long you've been doing this but, this is my turf. I know this area much better then you. Do not get in my way. Do not take my kills. Do not try and be better then me or I will show you why Marsha chose me to be here. And it won't be pretty." With that the girl dropped from the edge of the bunk and moved back where she was sitting.

While Elysia did her thing and took a jab at the opposing marksman, the two brothers sat across from each other playing a game on a device against each other. It wasn't much but it helped pass the time and they were always competing. The game today? Simply a game of chess. Nothing more then a game of the mind to keep their heads sharp.

Amanda, had been sitting back ignoring the crowd of people. She sat in the furthest corner away near the exit of the truck. In her hands was a small trinket of electrical components in which she used a screwdriver to adjusting them. It wasn't much but by the time she was done with it, the device would be ready to explode. Wired right up to a cellular device where she only had to call the 'Demolish' number on her phone and boom. David sat beside her watching her craft the bomb. He even went as far as assisting her in a few adjustments. The two seemed calm and quiet as they did their thing, it was always like this. She made the bomb explosion bigger, he planted it and high tailed it out of there so she could explode it.

Everyone seemed ready for the mission and awaited the trucks arrival. The only one who even took it as just a side mission easy in easy out was Ketsuki, to him it was a basic thing to do and sounded extremely easy. But to the rest of Team Alpha they took it as serious as any other mission.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Dawn made a hissing sound following the smack from Grizz. She glared at him, her thoughts turning to revenge, but she quickly turned away when the captain made an appearance. Scooting to the opposite door, she stared out the window, her face in a grimace as she took in the view of the wastelands as the truck made its way out of the garage. She grumbled to herself, her nerves also on edge due to the encroaching mission.

She tried to imagine what lay ahead, but the land around her reminded her of her childhood home and she couldn't help but reminisce about the few years she spent with her biological family. Located on the edge of a town similar to this one, she lived in a small shack with several other siblings. They competed for everything...attention, clothing, food... Being the youngest, she received all the hand-me-downs and the meager scraps left over from meals. She had been a scrawny thing despite her mother's attempt to keep her fed, even going so far as to save her something from her own plate. It had actually been her mother that pushed her in the direction of Yorkmizers. Dawn's curiosity and knack for knowing how things worked was her only asset, other than a cute face and long black hair, but it had been enough. Now she had a new family, more than enough to eat, and plenty of things to wear.

Dawn chanced a quick glance at Grizz, her emotions starting to simmer down from their hard boil. She had him too...and in her own way she cared for him deeply. He had always been there for her and she relied on him for many things. He could be an ass, but he also made her laugh. It was the same with Suki--an ass that she was growing fond of in her own way. She let out a small laugh, mostly to herself, then stifled it. She wanted Grizz to know she was still angry with him. She twisted herself around to look in the back of the truck. There were a lot more of them in her demented family now and she had to assimilate the larger number into her fold. To serve and protect. She would have to remember not to shoot them when the actual mission was under way. It was not going to be easy...once the attack started she couldn't hold herself responsible for whomever got in the way of her bullets. It was a good thing they had a doctor aboard.

Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Duncan pulled a speaker from his massive overcoat. It was can shaped, with the soft mesh of the speaker on one of the ends. Duncan slid in a small chip on the other face of the can, titled, "Classical Music". He held the can in the air. "Who wants some music?" He asked loudly. He didn't wait for an answer. Thumping Rock music began to project from the speaker, filling the compartment end to end with sound. To most others, it was an unpleasant racket. To Duncan, it was perfect party music. He began to slap his thigh in rhythm with the music, his accent getting even thicker as the song grew on. As the chorus climaxed, he made direct eye contact with ketsuki, who glared at him from his bunk. Duncan smiled even bigger.

As the car continued to move, Duncan analysed and evaluated how much anasthetic any given member of his team might need in order to go under in case of field surgery. He wasn't sure if he had enough for Grizz. Speaking of which...

Duncan moved up the cabin to Grizz and looked over his shoulder.
    "So what's yer story, laddie?"

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The Captain had drifted towards the back of the cab to make sure no one was shooting each other leaving Grizz and Dawn in the front. It was a pretty straight forward shot to the Smoke bandit camp, and he was told to stop behind the mesa a few hundred yards from the camp and wait for the full cover of night.

The mesa was in sight when the Medic approached him trying to make small talk. The birdman's eyes flared up. He gave a quick glance to Dawn then the big Medic, Grizz never liked new people and now a lot of new people were in his baby messing her up inside and out. If they all survived this ordeal, he'd need to spend the whole day getting her right then maybe the night with Dawn. He'd make sure at least she got through all this the rest of the team could die, but as long as Dawn and Annabelle made it Grizz could be happy and keep the Bloody Man away. Grizz continued to stare at the man who asked about his story. "My story is one that begins with this." He holds up his arm. "And ends with her." He points at Dawn. "Our stories are one."

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The man had indeed gained a glare from him as the medic began playing rather loud music. He was never opposed to Rock type music but the matter being he had not only played without the consent of others. He questioned why the man would go as far as asking if he was going to do it anyways which was the process that had earned him the glare.

Ketsuki enjoyed music as much of the rest and had even brought his lovely Ipod with them for something to drown out the sounds of others, but he had unfortunately left that with a few things back at base. Assuming he hadn't need it, Ketsuki had only wished he had brought it with him now.

While over the course of the trip, he kept to himself and stayed in his bunk. The captain had spoken about stopping at a certain point to wait for the night to come around, that was the moment when he would make his debut. Prop himself up on a large rock or possibly on top of the mesa and to scout the place out. As long as he could see the camp he could find the targets and possibly patrol routes. That idea in itself had made him feel much better about the situation. Now was the nuisance of the obnoxious music playing off.

----

Dave who had found himself in truck with the group only shouted out with a "Yea!" When O'connor had started blaring the music. He was fond of the style and enjoyed it. Made him feel at peace when he was blowing shit to the ground. Or that's how he felt. The man tapped his toes with the beat and nodded his head with the taps enjoying it.

The Captain on the other hand only took a glare towards Duncan and eyed him up. "What'd I tell you about playing that shit so loud. Turn it down or lose it." She spoke with hostility in her words. This would be the third time she'd told him but he never listened. The Captain had to keep her hard attitude up for a group of things. And playing such obnoxious music was one she couldn't stand for. Following up her words she adjusted herself back to scouting the area. Something was up as everything had seemed a tad to quiet for her liking.

As the Mesa had come into view, Captain Marsh moved forwards and gently pushed Duncan to the side and moved in next to Grizzwald and Dawn. Pointing, she made a motion to a small clearing next to the Mesa itself. "Over there. Should provide enough cover and protect us from sight. Then we will be waiting for night, shouldn't be to much longer and the camp is close by."
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Dawn was surprised by Grizz's response to the doctor's question. Maybe he was just trying to make up to her for being an ass...but there was also the lack of social skills he harbored, not to mention he wasn't one to spill his life story at the drop of a coin. She barely had time to think about it, and the blaring music wasn't helping, when Captain Marsh directed Grizz to pull over. As soon as the big rig slowed, she opened her door and jumped, her body going into a roll as soon as her feet hit the ground.

Coming out of the roll and landing on her feet, Dawn ran beside the truck until it stopped. She had a big smile on her face. Even Barsad would have been proud of her dismount, although he would have shown her up. He definitely was more nimble than she. As soon as the others started piling out, she grabbed her bag and claimed her spot. She had a decent view of the area...rocks...sand...and more sand...with a few stunted trees to break the monotony. She tucked her hair behind her ear and waited for everyone to unload. When she saw Duncan she called him over.

"Hey Doc, you got any spare gauze or padding? Grizz's robo-arm has been rubbing him raw and I used everything I had to make a support rig. Could also use something for discomfort, 'cause that man is a pain in the ass...literally." She laughed at her little joke, already scheming in her mind for revenge against that ass slap. She would make him sorry...she was betting on it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910