Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay Down: The Lives and Times of Yorkmizer's Finest (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    High Octain Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Stay Down: The Lives and Times of Yorkmizer's Finest (IC)

Michael R. Yorkmizer was the latest in his families line to take up the mantle of Guildmaster. After the death of his father Darius B. Yorkmizer, the responsobility of maintaining the system that protected at least a quarter of the known world fell to him. Thankfully, he was good at his job. A new town had recently reached out to them for protection, seeing as the local Warlord had started demanding not only money, but also their children as tax. That was about the point most towns came to the Guild.

The offer was the same. One squad of mercenaries, sent to establish the town as protected. They would get everything free and would stay for one month, at which point they would send a report if more was needed and return if the town was secured. Michael was sure they only needed a week, but tradition was tradition. So he had gathered the best of those that had just finished their "Formative Years" as the Guild called them. The training and trials that made the toughest fighters out there.

They would be grouped together in garage 6, where a semi-truck waited with the Guild's logo painted on the side. The paint wasn't chipped. This truck was new. Their weapons would have been locked up in the armory right now. No guns were allowed in the compound unless you were on guard duty. It didn't stop some members with slick hands, of course. There was a little time until they were to pack up and be sent off to their first real job. Time to get to know the team, it seems....

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post (Siksta and Moon)

In the bay of G-6 a large semi stood like a silent sentinel and Dawn lovingly ran her fingers along its side like an attentive guardian, excitement filling her at the thought of finally going out on a mission. She looked over her shoulder at a solidly built red head watching her, a grin on her face. "She's mine...keep your grimy hands off." New, the truck did not need her attention, but she lifted the hood anyways to look at the pristine interior. Standing on the tire to get better leverage, she leaned in, her back end aimed at Griz, and tugged on the wires and battery connections...just to make sure.

Dawn closed the hood and climbed up, crab crawling up the windshield, and gaining access to the roof. There she sat, her legs dangling over the side and her long black hair hanging in her face as she grinned down at him. "I'm on top of the fucking world!" she screamed. "Get your fat ass up here with me."

Griz laughed winking at the woman as he finished up polishing his truck.

"Yours!? I'm the one driving this big beautiful bitch, she's my precious." He climbed up the same way Dawn did, scrubbing the woman's dirty boot prints off the vehicle as he went. "And you're nasty Grease Monkey hands are defiling her!" He and Dawn had been visiting and revisiting this truck ever since they were told about being chosen to go on their first mission. The bunkroom being co-ed helped with unit cohesion--they were like siblings or at least step-siblings, so sleeping together wouldn't be weird. Dawn and Griz were prime examples of that. But Grizzwald had already claimed a spot in the back of the semi as his bed.

He reached Dawn's side and began wiping up her dirty handprints even going so far as grabbing the woman's ass and moving it so he could get more spots. "Don't worry Annabelle I'll keep you clean." He cackled madly to himself.

Shaking her head, she grumbled, "...stupid name..." and punched him in the left arm. Immediately she regretted it, her knuckles throbbing after impact with his prosthetic armor. "Damn it, Griz...get some padding on that thing." She shook her hand, a fine mist of blood droplets spraying the truck. "See what you made me do." Pulling a rag from the back pocket of her pants, she began rubbing the truck clean. Wrapping her knuckles with the cloth she punched Griz again, then slid off the vehicle before he could hit her back.

Griz laughed as the woman punched his roboarm. "That's what you get for dirtying up my wonderful Annabelle! And it's not a stupid name you're a stupid name!" He was gonna say something clever when she righted her punch and actually hit him in the joint where the arm met his shoulder. Now that hurt--the man let out a kind of yelp and nearly fell off the roof of the truck, but he saved himself, then jumped down and squared off with Dawn. "I challenge ye to a duel!" And with that he threw his rag at the woman then lunged trying to give her a swift swat on her upper thigh or knee. It was a training game they were taught when sparring. Thigh is two points, knee is three, hip is one, and the point is to get in close and force your opponent to yield by disorienting and kind of hugging them in place.

Being smaller had its advantages and Dawn used them against him, first by dropping to her knees, then rocking sideways, slapping at his legs at she went. She rolled, jumping up, then backwards, growling at him as she locked her legs in a ready stance. "I think you missed," she teased, sticking out her chin, then laughing. Actually he had struck her thigh, just barely, but it counted...but she had no intent on telling him so.

Grizzwald hopped out of range as he felt Dawn's hit, but he also knew he hit her.

"Nope got you. You have such nice firm thighs Dawn, hard for a man to miss knowing he touched them. Kinda like last night." The Driver winked lewdly at her, making things weird was always an option. If you could distract you opponent with some kind of comment stupid or gross you could use those inches to get them.

He slowly circled around her eyeing her up. She was one of the quickest in the group, but he had reach on her. Timing his next lunge he quickly dove into a combat roll and smacked the woman's hip for another point. He was trying to get her knee, but he misjudged the roll. He quickly got to his feet and moved to the right preparing his next hit.

..and the next hit was dead on...Dawn allowing him to strike her with no counter move. She turned into his attack and grabbed him by the waist, encircling him with her arms and legs and holding on tight. Her teeth bit into his side, although not enough to cause serious harm. "Say uncle..." she coaxed through a mouthful of shirt-encased flesh.

Griz let out a growl of annoyance with a hint of pain. Damn it he fell for that again. The rules were clear she had him, but he didn't have to be a gracious loser about it.

"Fine uncle now get that out of your mouth, you have no idea where it's been!" He then reached his roboarm back and swung it down slapping Dawn hard on her ass with the wooden hand. "Good game lil step sis." He quickly worked himself out from her hold and teeth and clambered his way back onto the truck cackling again.

There was a flicker in the onyx-colored eyes, brief, but fierce in their intent, as the man closed himself in the vehicle. Dawn stood rooted to the spot, glaring at him. "Fucker..." she spat, then puffed out a breath and rubbed herself where she had been hit. The anger came suddenly, stemmed from her pain, which she forced herself to swallow. "Later, pretty boy," she whispered, knowing she would get him back for that swat. She gave him a smile....All is well in crazy-ville, she thought, turning quickly when the garage door opened, admitting another member of their team.

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The large steel doors had only opened halfway when a bolt of white zipped underneath at top speed, coat it hand. The way it was going, it was careening right for the back of the semi. At the last second, just as a collision seemed inevitable, it leapt and scampered up the top with ease, almost like a twitchy gecko.

As he climbed atop, Barsad rolled forward and hung his coat across the edge before righting himself again, not once breaking stride. Both his hands were outstretched beside him as he ran, his leather boots clanking and gently rocking the hard steel with each step. His wide, toothy grin was that of unbridled excitement, like a child without a care in the world. The commando's breathy laughter along with the clanking of his footsteps echoed faintly throughout G-6.

The shifty little bugger ran the whole length without once slowing down, but skidded to a stop just short of falling over the semi's cab. He took a brief pause to catch his breath and stare at the large bay doors ahead, almost as if he could peer right through and into the vast wasteland that lies beyond. The excitement welled up in him, culminating in an enthusiastic holler. As the prospect of being back in the great outdoors drew closer and closer, Barsad felt within him his heartbeat coursing throughout his entirety, like a mighty war drum. Like pretty much every mission he's been on, he zoomed around the garage with a novel and undeniable restlessness that, by this point, the other guild members would have already either gotten used to or loathed.

The boy spun on his heels and once again ran back across the top of the semi, this time flipping and rolling along like an animal on crack. Again, and again, he zipped and zoomed across, over, beside, on the side of, and even under the truck, treating it like his own little playground. There was indeed no mistake that Barsad was light and nimble on his feet. One of the lightest and nimblest in the guild, even. Acrobatic feats were almost like second nature to him.

Finally, after quite a while of running around like a crazed monkey, the commando had calmed down. The ornamental scarring on chest and shoulders rose and fell with each heaving breath. He sat at the semi's edge and leaned backwards, hanging upside down and looking at the other two mercenaries. Barsad attempted to say "Hello," but thanks to his being almost out of breath, it came out as just some awkward mouthing and a twitchy wave at his two squadmates.
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

He knew he was late, he had to have been late. Everyone was probably already at the truck and about to pull off and here he was still packing a few things for the journey. He knew guns were prohibited around the place unless they were on duty. But that didn't matter to him. Ketsuki kept a gun hidden under his jacket he wore just in case anything ever happened. He would be ready then what? While everyone was scared and running he was going to be right there either firing back or taking down the ones who started problems. He hated not having a firearm at his side. Ketsuki zipped up his small backpack and slung it over his shoulder before heading out towards the meeting point.

Being one of the last ones to show up, Ketsuki stepped into Garage #6 and scanned the room bowing gently to everyone in the room whether they were paying him any attention or not. He then stepped over to the back of the truck and opened the door where he could throw his bag into the corner before turning around and leaning against it. He wasn't sure who to speak to or who he was going to actually get along with so for now he would sit and observe.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

When the painted figure of Barsad came flying across the bay of G-6, Dawn's momentary flare of anger subsided instantly and she watched the man's acrobatics with awe. He was barely more than a blur as he dashed about and she was clapping when he finally settled down and hung upside down like a flying rodent.

"Hello Bar...nice of you to make such a dramatic entrance." She laughed, climbing up onto the semi again and slapping the half-naked man on his flat abdomen. "Griz is going to geld you for mucking up his Annabelle." She shook her head, her hair falling into her face with the movement. Distractedly she pushed the hair from her eyes. "Such a stupid name." She made a few quick jabs into the air and spun around, light on her feet. "One of these days your gonna have to show me how you do that...it would be so bitchin." She laughed again, feeling in good spirits with the upcoming mission so close at hand. She was just getting ready to sit down when the final member of their party arrived.

Squinting, Dawn moved to the farthest edge of the semi, watching the young man walk towards the truck. She was surprised to note that she didn't recognize him...perhaps he was from a different dorm. She wasn't even sure they had different ones, but she knew most of the people that stayed in hers. His entrance amused her, the bowing gesture an oddity. Cat like, she paced, her eyes following his every move. When he finally found his place against the vehicle, she sat down with her feet dangling directly over him. She angled forward, bending deeply at the waist and leaning out as far as she could without over-balancing. In this position she watched him silently, smiling at him from above.

"Hey...you got a name?" she purred.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ketsuki watched as the one girl practically danced around the area. She was an interesting one now wasn't she? He questioned himself taking his attention back to the rest who were in the area. He himself wasn't one to prance around such as she was but it was still entertaining and he knew once he figured things out he would have no problem getting into the midst of everything. After all he is the one who would be on top. Maybe on his first mission he can find someone to play a game with him and see how many KOS(Killed On Sight) points he can obtain versus the other. Things would be fun with this group after all, each of them seemed like a great variety of people. He could feel the excitement building up inside getting lost in his own thoughts before nearly jumping out of his skin as a thump was heard. He glanced up to see the girl who was running around had planted herself above him and spoken to him.
    "I'm sorry what?" He asked before his mind clicked hearing her words in a delay. "Oh right sorry, was zoned out a bit." He said with a gentle smile and gave a soft nod. "I'm Ketsuki Yoku, yours?"

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The sound of a toilet flushing could be heard and the door to the restroom opened Grizz exiting and adjusting his belt as he stepped into the bay. He noticed two more people had entered the bay and one of them had dirtied Annabelle! Looking around he found the culprit, picking up a large pipe wrench he shouted at Barsad brandishing the wrench. "DAMN YOU RABBIT I'M GONNA RIP OUT YOUR SPINE AND USE IT AS A JUMP ROPE!"

He ran at the semi and climbed more nimbly up onto it than a man of his size should've been able to. He quickly found the Commando and pointed the wrench at him. "You're mine breadbox!" He brought the wrench down intent on bashing Barsad's skull in.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ketsuki watched as the man came from the bathroom and simply made a face in disgust. This was yet another member of the group and clearly the nastiest one from what he could see. This man clearly needed to do something about himself. He was apparently someone whom he wouldn't get along with. But things could change and he may surprise him if they're around each other long enough. But for now he simply shook his head in disappointment.

Ketsuki watched as the man went rampant over the simplest situation. Being as agile as he was he quickly following the larger man he slipped behind him grabbing the leg of Barsad and attempting to snatch him out of the way. If anything it would at least pull his head from the point of his skull being bashed in. In the process of trying to snatch the boy out of the way, Ketsuki's free hand went straight to the firearm he had kept hidden at his side instantly pulling the safety off aiming it for the man. "Judge your next move."

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

In the middle of a justifiable killing in Grizzwald's eyes someone he didn't recognize decided to intervene and then aimed a gun at him. He wasn't sure if this kid was part of the Guild or just some fool, but he forgot the first rule of Yorkmizer's Finest, you pull a gun, you pull the trigger first and warn later. Grizzwald's robotic arm shot out and the unnatural hand clamped around the gun quickly wrenching it away and tossing it aside.

He then forgot about breadbox and focused on the new guy lifting the wrench up and gripping the man's shirt bringing his face within inches of the others his discolored eyes glowing madly. "Never pull a gun without firing it kid, first rule of Yorkmizer's Finest. Now how would you like me to desecrate your corpse?" The prosthetic hand whirring then locking in place like a vice.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-12-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Dawn had no chance to respond to the newcomer before Griz went all crazy. She watched from her position on the semi, hoping it would work itself out, but the situation only got worse. With a shake of her head, she rose, making her way quickly to where Griz and Ketsuki were locked in combat. Gently, she placed her hand on the robotic arm and spoke his name, softly, almost like a lover. "Grizzwald...you have to let go now." She ran her hand along the metal prosthetic in a soothing gesture bringing her body closer to his.

"Relax your arm, hon," she repeated, bringing her mouth close to his ear and breathing softly into it. Her head brushed against him, like a cat begging attention. "Be a good boy...let Ketsuki go."

It was like taming a beast...and she had had to do it several times over the years, his temper often getting the better of him. She waited, hoping she wouldn't have to take a more aggressive approach.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast