Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Sengoku Romance (Holey & SecretShadows) IC

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai watched the neko, giving a nod at her words. It seemed there was little need to explain why the war was such a terrible thing and needed to be put to an end. She didn't say it in so many ways, but the expression on her face as she seemed to go into deep thought implied that she knew had suffered no small degree of hardship herself in the war. "Indeed..." he said, gazing at her and listening to her as she asked where they should start.

He thought over her words, then gave a shrug. "It's hard to say for sure..." he said, "But there has been an... unusual number of dragon attacks as well. The dragons, however, are... different, from the kind usually seen in these lands. Four legs, two wings... different colors, each with a different form of breath weapon that they use to devastate their enemies. I am familiar with these dragons... they're known as Chromatic Dragons in the Western lands, and they are extremely powerful, extremely intelligent, and incredibly evil. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are sewing the seeds of discord in order to profit from the chaos of these lands... and they're as good a starting point for our investigation as any."

Gazing at her for a time, he eventually gave a slight smile, reaching out to offer her his hand. "Shall we proceed to the hot springs?" he asked her. "They're shallow, and it is said that the minerals in the water are good for your skin."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako tilted her head as he started speaking about these dragons which clearly seemed from somewhere else, she then said: "I see, I haven't heard about such dragons before but dragons are know to be really powerful beast... taking down just one can only be done with one strong and well trained group, we can't possibly take them down ourselves can we?" Fighting or killing dragons was something she has never done before.

If this was the case of this war she only hoped they would make it out alive, dragons are really powerful things in stories and most likely even in real live so she was now more worried and confused. She might have been one of the better kunoichi but usually a normal shinobi was a lot stronger or wiser well the ones she knew in the village anyway. Going towards the western lands would also be a dangerous travel not only because of the war and dragons but other things also came into play.

She soon glanced up at him as he held out his hand to her, tilting her head a little confused while her ears go back a bit not sure what to do with this gesture but decided he most likely wanted something for like some agreement thing or trust thing, so she handed him one of her weapons then got up saying: "Alright, is this what you wanted?" She then slowly made her way towards the hot springs while saying: "Do we continue our chat at the springs then?" He glanced back at him.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai examined the weapon that the kunoichi gave him, examining it and hefting it. "Lightweight... precise. The sort of weapon I would expect a finesse fighter would wield..." Granted, he himself preferred heavy weapons, but he was larger and far more muscular than the admittedly rather attractive neko girl. He handed the weapon back to her and gave her a nod, motioning for her to follow him as he led the way to the hot springs.

He gestured for her to go ahead and get in the spring ahead of him before following her into the spring. It was said that conversations held while naked in the bath were of a more honest nature as those speaking had nothing to hide, so he figured this might be some way to build a degree of trust with the girl Daichi would be working with from now.

"It's true that dragons are quite powerful and difficult to defeat..." he said with a nod. "These chromatic varieties being even more dangerous and intelligent than the dragons native to our land. However... they are not invincible, and not without their weakness. There is a reason why I, specifically, have been chosen to undertake this mission."

"You see..." he settled his gaze on the kunoichi, taking in how attractive she was before his eyes, "I, Muramasa Daichi, have studied chromatic dragons in detail, and how to defeat them. Though they are highly resistant to both weapons and magic, heavy artillery... the likes of which foreign traders have been supplying the warring lords.. can penetrate their scales quite easily. As can weapons imbued with magical Dragonbane enchantments... the likes of which I personally use against such opponents."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako took back her weapon after he looked at it then said: "I do throwing more then close up kills, its cleaner and quicker without getting yourself caught easily." She soon started following him and said: "i do have an katana but I left it outside and I also rarely use it when fighting since like I said close range things isn't something I am good at." She started following behind him while putting the weapon back into its place.

After reaching the hot springs she entered in slightly flattening her ears as she looks at the water, something she highly disliked but knew she shouldn't show any weakness. Being to lazy to get undressed she just shifted into her cat form and crawled out from under her clothing that has fallen to the ground. She sits down looking up at him as he speaks and then meowed a little until she realized he wouldn't understand her like this so she walks over to the water where she shifted back. Her fluffy tail slightly swinging from side to side as she eyed the water annoyed before putting a toe in which she quickly pulled out again.

Miyako turned her head to look at him as she said: "I see, so you have been trained to fight dragons with these magical weapons?" She then looks back at the water before finally placing her feet inside and walking over to a place she could sit down at. Before she sits down she quickly tied her hair not wanting it to become wet, then lowered herself into the warm water slowly getting less afraid of it seeing it won't go really deep. Her eyes turned back over to him while she said: "I don't quite understand where I come in, I haven't been through any training to defeat a dragon most I could do is lure someone somewhere to kill them there and I doubt a dragon would be so easy to fool not to mention I doubt they even like humans."

She relaxed more in the water and close her eyes a little, she wasn't one who really cared to be naked... blame that much on her cat self who found it rather unnecessary to wear anything until you want help carrying your weapons. He however was an attractive man she would admit but it also didn't really brother her to much since she would rather just stay focused on the mission. She then said: "Muramasa-sama, how far travel is the dragons from here?"

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai nodded as the kunoichi described her fighting style somewhat. Light thrown weapons had their uses, particularly against lightly armored targets, but even a katana had trouble against heavy armor such as the scales of a dragon. Though the sharp curved blade could render flesh and medium armor asunder, the heavy plate armor introduced by the foreign traders proved resilient against the sharpest of blades, vulnerable primarily to polearm weapons along with imported tech weapons. It was no small wonder that imported western-style plate armor had quickly become popular among the samurai, himself no exception.

"I can penetrate dragon scales with my weapons, but fighting them alone is still incredibly dangerous, even with the necessary weapons to slay them. Perhaps you know some ninjitsu magic that can be useful to support me?" He had heard that ninja often had their own style of magic, including the ability to create shadow clones, turn invisible, and walk between shadows. Though direct magical attacks weren't particularly effective against dragons, other forms of magic could still be quite useful in a fight.

He watched as the neko transformed into cat form, giving a slight smile as he found her absolutely adorable. Resisting the urge to reach out and pet her, he watched as she transformed back to her humanoid form, now free of her garments, while he himself undressed and sat down in the warm water across from her. "I'm trained in how to fight dragons, yes," he said to her as his eyes began to admire her beautiful naked form before him, keeping his hands in his lap in order to hide his body's reaction to seeing her. "But dragons are not our only enemy. We also need to deal with the warring lords, their samurai and soldiers, and slip past battle lines unnoticed. I'm not at all subtle, so I'll need your assistance in this. There might also be an occasional assassination that calls for your... expertise."

He watched as she seemed to relax into the water over time, continuing to gaze at her and admire her. Though the topic at hand was one of business, the way he admired her appearance was of a more personal nature. "Part of our mission also involves finding out where these dragons make their lair..." he said, "So I'm hoping you have skills in information collection. All I know is a general area where a dragon may or may not be, but that's not enough. You're pretty."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako listened to him explain the dangers of fighting a dragon even if he could do it, she then leans back a bit crossing her arms while her ears remained pointed forwards towards him. She softly nods after he mentions ninjitsu, she knew one well two of them because they use to be her brother's style of fighting but she never really found much use for them. She then said: "Well yes I do know a little ninjitsu but I haven't mastered anything really useful yet mostly because I rather fight with weapons, I can do a shadow clone and also only a little bit of shadow walking." Her brother tried teaching her to walk on water but being half cat and having a fear of water didn't really work so well, she easily lost her concentration so ninjitsu just never really worked well for her. She has mostly used shadow clones to distract someone while she sneaks around or comes up from behind, otherwise being in cat form helped her getting in a lot better but that limited her weapons and clothing.

She heard about the other samurai and soldiers that can be a problem, guessing he wasn't really good with sneaking around or into places without being seen. He also acting slightly odd in a way, not sure if he was less comfortable around her in the springs since her brother ones said humans usually found it uncomfortable to be without clothing in front of other, this wasn't something that bothered her but then again she was more cat then human. "I see, I can help around those areas yes, I can also to do bow and arrow shooting if that will come in handy... like I said my specialty is far ranged fighting not close up."

Miyako tilted her head a little then heard him calling her pretty so suddenly glanced away a little to calm herself, it was something she found unusual since the only person she knew who would call her that was her brother when she was still at school getting teased often by her height which she is still mostly self conscious about. Her now redden cheeks she could luckily hide by blaming it on the springs and she just said: "Y-Yes I have collected information before, its something I am mostly used for because of my kind that can change into a cat... most don't think a cat can listen to them talk about these things so its easy getting in and out without getting caught." She tried her best to stay concentrated on the mission but her head was now more thinking about the word pretty she has just been called, somehow finding it like a praise but she didn't know how to respond at all, should she thank him? Compliment him back in a way or just remain silent. She then softly muttered up: "Oh and thank y-you Muramasa-sama." Her ears now flat against her head.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai gazed at the neko girl, nodding as she spoke about her preferred combat style and capabilities. He hadn't expected her to be a master ninja at her young age, but it was good to know that she was at least competent enough to be more of an asset than a burden. "That's fine..." he said. "I'll handle the close range combat and let you handle the ranged combat, then. We should complement each other quite effectively in that regard."

There were multiple ways in which they could combine their strengths in order to get the mission done, after all. Daichi had no doubt in his own ability to handle the heavy combat on the front lines. He gave the girl a nod when she mentioned her willingness to use combat archery. "That could be useful, yes." While a bow would have difficulty penetrating a dragon scales normally, it could at least prove a useful distraction, combined with her ninjitsu, and with proper dragonbane arrows could potentially cause some serious damage as well.

He chuckled somewhat as she mentioned turning her ability to turn into a cat. It crossed his mind how she could have simply attempted to spy on him in cat form rather than her previous episode of suspicious behavior, though it did mean she'd need to find a place to keep her clothing and weapons as she did so. "That's useful indeed," he said with a nod as he continued to gaze at her naked body and admire it. He observed the rather embarrassed reaction that his compliment seemed to cause her, giving a bit of a chuckle. "I only speak the truth," he replied with a nod, his eyes continuing to admire her. Though it was true that she was tall for a girl in this part of the world, she was still quite pretty, and he enjoyed the sight of her bare before him. "Would you like to come closer?" he asked her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako glanced at the samurai ones more as hearing him talking about the close range fighting. She was relieved she didn't seem to need to do any close range since it really wasn't one of her strengths even if she was trained to fight that way if needed. Working together in battle from two different distances will be really beneficial but even so she still wishes to help him where she can with the closer range fighting. She slightly raised the corner of her lip into a small smile before she parted them to speak.

"Well I think a can handle fighting from two distances pretty good if we stick together and have trust in each other, I can fight close range if you really need me to but I have says of tripping easily when paying to much attention to something... if there is some kind of far range weapon that can wound a dragon it will be a lot more useful to me." The kunoichi replied while her ears returned towards the front with a more curious look on her face all of the sudden. Miyako looked over at her now completely wet black tail, being a long hair didn't help much with hating water only making it harder to dry everything up.

She was still slightly uncomfortable in the water, so she sat as still as she could without movement the entire time. He seems to find her ability useful so she was glad about that much. Turning into a cat was her best weapon for both assassinations and spying to gather information, but it also hurts her the most since not everyone liked a cat, being thrown by a rock or something wasn't to unusual if the people aren't cat people. She tilted her head still slightly red after being called pretty, she wondered why he asked if she wanted to be closer but only stood up slowly and goes to sit down next to him saying: "Like this? Anyway what else can you tell me about this mission." Honestly she felt a lot more comfortable closer to him, not so scared of the water knowing someone else can help. Being closer however had her seeing his scars, she slightly glanced at then but quickly looks back at his face not wanting to seem weird at all.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai gazed at the neko girl, observing her reaction to his words as she seemed to be thinking quite a bit about them. He nodded as she mentioned her ability to fight up close if necessary. "I can fight at a range if necessary as well," the samurai remarked. "It's good to be versatile. As for the trust... well, it's something we should work on building if we're going to be working together, I suppose."

Samurai were naturally predisposed to distrusting ninja types, and though Daichi was a bit different from most samurai in that regard, he still knew better than to let his guard down so easily around the neko girl. While she seemed to be rather innocent, as far as kunoichi went, there was still a possibility that this was some kind of act to make him underestimate her true intentions.

"There is a ranged weapon that can deal significant damage to a dragon..." he remarked. "But it's not at all suited to the stealthy approach of a ninja. The tech weapons that the feudal lords have been using in battle produce a deafening bang, particularly when used in enclosed spaces such as a dragon lair, plus a stinky black smoke which can cloud your vision. Aside from them... a portable siege weapon could do the trick, I suppose."

In lieu of dragonbane weapons, there was an empire in the western world which used airships lined with cannons in order to take down dragons in flight, though the land of the samurai lacked such advanced magitech weaponry. Still, it was something to consider if they ever had an opportunity to get their hands on such weapons. As he pondered this, Daichi watched as the naked neko came closer to him until she was sitting next to him.

"You seem more comfortable like this..." he said, observing how she seemed to relax a bit more in the water now that she was closer to him, despite the fact that such close personal proximity might ordinarily be a cause for anxiety in itself. Slowly, the samurai began to wrap an arm around the neko's bare waist in order to hold her closer. "Is this good?" he asked her, gazing at her to see how she would react.

"Unfortunately, my instructions were rather vague. To be honest, I doubt the Emperor expects us to succeed at this impossible mission, yet he can't stand by and do nothing while the land is torn apart by chaos, either. It is up to us to surpass his expectations, or at least die honorably in the attempt."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako was rather happy that he could also fight far range so if they both knew some fighting from both areas it will make it a lot easier to defeat a powerful enemy, she gives a small nod in response while she looked back down at her tail which was now laying curled up next to her body. She twitched a ear before She looks back at him to listen on about what he had to say.

He was speaking about weapons she didn't even know about, with a more confused look she tilted her head waiting for him to finish talking then said: "I see, so they will help up defeat the dragons, you just need to show me how to use them since I haven't actually worked with anything of the kind... my weapons are mostly only normal ones all of us use to fight humans."

With a soft sigh she leans back a little but suddenly felt something slip around her waist, she slightly yelps in surprise then looks at him saying: "You are seeing things, you make it sound like I have a fear of water! I do not." Yeah bad liar, she however was a good actor but bad liar when it came to her fears. However she found the touch comforting, the warmth of his hand made her feel a lot more safe which wasn't like her at all, she was mostly an introvert so being close to others she didn't always enjoy mostly to blame on her cat personality. She pulled her ears back trying to seem annoyed with the fact he already seemed to realize she wasn't a water loving person and even less so with deep water. The slight embarrassment also made her blush deeply so she glanced away quickly, she didn't want him to find out about her weaknesses to easily nor that she actually enjoyed his warmth and touch.

Her annoyed look however soon turned into a more blank one showing nearly no emotion at all, she knew this was most likely her last mission, something this big only ment death but then again death was most likely already waiting at her door with this war so trying to stop it will be more honourable then fighting in it. She then said: "Yes we will most likely die, then again I don't give up to easily so they will have their hard times... They can erase us but they still need to face us."

Her ears now pointed forwards she looks at him with a more serious look while she said: "As for that trust thing, it doesn't need to be out personal lives, we just need to trust each other in battle otherwise we will get killed before we even start so keep that in mind."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast