Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Sengoku Romance (Holey & SecretShadows) IC

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Default [M] Sengoku Romance (Holey & SecretShadows) IC

Off the coast of the eastern continent of the world of world of Turalisj Tonash lies an archipelago of numerous islands, both small and large, which makes up the Empire of the Rising Sun. The isolated nature of these islands has led to a unique culture, where small clan leaders have become warlords over their own territories, and where the Emperor's secular power lay in name only, though he was still considered the religious leader of their animist religion.

This culture was also quite hostile towards foreigners, though they weren't opposed to the occasional trade of goods and ideas so long as it suited their interests. For a long time it had been almost completely isolated, though recently foreign weapons have been imported into the lands... advanced armor, able to endure the most deadly of bladed weapons, and powerful tech weapons designed to pierce said armor.

During this time, a certain samurai received a missive from a messenger. Struggling over the characters that made up the letter for some time, he eventually got the gist of it. A mercenary kunoichi had been hired to assist him in his objective, and he was to meet her at a certain ryokan in order to get acquainted and discuss the details of their mission.

The Samurai's name was Muramasa Daichi, one of the few samurai in service of the Emperor himself, whose army was too small for much more than his own personal protection. Nevertheless, the Emperor had an objective: to end the clan feuds between the various local lords and restore peace and order to the land.

Having received his instructions, Daichi proceeded to the indicated ryokan in order to meet up with this girl who he would be working with. The letter described her as a neko, so he doubted that he'd have much trouble finding her... after all, what were the odds that there were multiple nekos in the same inn?

Upon reaching the ryokan, however, the first thing the samurai noticed was that the owner was a neko, along with most every other female employee. Most of the patrons were men, oddly enough, and he immediately realized this was the sort of ryokan that catered to... specific interests. Frowning, he decided to contemplate how to locate the kunoichi among so many others, eventually deciding to head in to the communal hot springs bath in order to think more clearly.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not too far from the ryokan a hidden village sat, hidden within the deeper parts of the forest area. The place could sometimes be seen as a ghost town not a soul to see ones a stranger enters; it was known as the Yokonai village and also the home of the Yokonai ninjas. It’s a rather new village since the clan often moves because of the ongoing war, but it goes about like any other village hidden in a forest, in the middle of nowhere.

Often ninjas came and went as they got call to go jobs and missions and one have caught the interest of Miyako. The young woman has been asked to go out on a quest with a samurai to finally put an end to this all, she was resting within a tree looking at the letter she has gotten. Her legs freely hanging off the branch while her back rested against another, she lets off a small huff not really one who enjoys working with someone else but the mission seemed interesting so she accepted but first thing first was to check and see who this man was, and the perfect place she could bend in was at the inn not too far off. She knew this meant she will have to reveal her identity as a neko to a stranger but it was to confuse him enough ones he gets there looking for her, his will give her time to check him out and make sure it would be safe around him.

After some time passed she knew it was time to leave and meet this stranger, dressing herself in her usual ninja clothing and placing her hair in two buns on the sides of her head to hide her black ears that was now resting flat against the top of her head hidden in the hair. Her brother met her outside. He was about the same height as her and they looked a lot alike besides for his missing leg, he was worried about her going out to the unknown like this but she wanted an end to the war that caused so much harm to her family. Miyako soon spoke and said: "I will be leaving now brother, please take care of yourself while I am gone." She gives a small bow before she looks back at him as he said: "Be safe Miyako." The two parted ways after that.

Jumping from tree to tree, she could feel the wind rushing past while she made her way over to the ryokan. Her green eyes glancing around to stay alert and make sure her surroundings are clear, she could feel the movement of her katana on her back while she made her way through the forest. The soft light blue of the sky could be seen though the leaves of the trees and it made her feel peaceful, it made her almost forget that she was within the middle of an ongoing war and about to go into even more danger. Soon her eyes landed on the inn and she came to a stop, standing on the tree her hand rested on one of the larger branches while her eyes scanned the building filled with the steps and talking of people. Public places was never one of the things she liked but this was the meeting place so she will just have to go and find the man after realizing he was harmless to her.

The woman jumped down the tree and stops to quickly place her katana on a safe hidden place since entering there with a visible weapon wouldn't be the best idea, she walks over to the inn while glancing around then managed to spot someone who looked a lot like a samurai. She then quickly hid behind something and peek around the corner to watch and see what the man wound do. She however nearly jumped all the way onto the roof when one of the staff of the place stood behind her asking her if she needed anything. She calmed her racing heart and just replied with a simple no before she sighs hoping her cover wasn't blown by that sudden happening.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Daichi took his time to relax while he could, enjoying the comforts of the ryokan. He kept his eye on the various neko girls that made up the staff, curious if any of them were secretly highly skilled kunoichi. Realizing that the specific kunoichi he was supposed to meet might not know what exactly he looked like, he figured it couldn't hurt to see if he could pick her out from among the crowd.

He noted that he wasn't the only samurai in the inn. There were at least a couple other, who looked far more samurai than he did, considering his somewhat foreign facial features. There was a foreigner as well, he noted... likely a merchant from abroad, come to peddle his wares. With foreign tech weapons in such high demand by the warlords, certain merchants were able to make a fortune by war profiteering... not the sort of thing he approved of, but there was little he could do to stop it.

After taking his bath, he stepped out to get dressed, walking around a bit. It was then that he noticed a girl who looked nothing like any of the others. It wasn't so much the fact that she was taller than most everyone in the building except him, or the fact that her hair was worn in two buns and she lacked any human ears... but more the fact that she was wearing a ninja outfit and peeking around corners at one of the other samurai.

He tried not to laugh as one of the workers saw her suspicious activity and asked if she needed anything, which nearly startled her to the point of jumping. Shaking his head and sighing, he walked up closer to the kunoichi. "That ninja outfit looks good on you," he said, adding a bit of sarcasm to his tone, "Definitely blends in and suits the mood of this place. I bet you jumped from tree to tree to get here, too. Quite the master of blending in and hiding in plain sight, you are."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako glanced over at the neko girl who spoke to her nearly scaring her to death then just hissed a little saying: "i am fine!" She then turned to look back at the man she was watching then realized he was gone so she quickly glanced around trying to spot him ones more but couldn't. She stood up to walk and look for him ones more but then heard a voice behind her and quickly turned her head.

Her eyes landed on the tall man who looked like he might be from somewhere else, he seemed to also be some kind of samurai so she slightly cursed herself for behind found by him first if this was the person she sound be working for. Her ears pointed back in annoyance as she listened to him speak and she soon replied saying: "I am not suppose to be blending in, just hiding from one person who clearly hasn't spotted me yet, go take your jokes else wear because I am busy finding someone and you made me loose him." She slightly hissed before she turned to walk and find the man.

After taking a few steps she came to a spot to look back at him saying: "You seem not to be from around here, you will draw suspicion towards yourself just walking up to strangers... and how would you even know if I jumped from trees to get here, if I find out your some kind of spy I won't hesitate killing you so don't follow me again." Somehow she found it hard believing that he would be a spy since she didn't see him around while coming here unless he was a good one, but that didn't give him reason to just walk up to her like that so he was most likely the person she was here to meet.

(Sorry for the late reply, also sorry for how short it is but I need to go.)

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai regarded the girl, quite obviously a kunoichi by her attire, and observed her reactions. Judging by her response, it seemed she still quite obviously didn't know who he was or why he had approached her so casually, instead calling him a stranger... the same sort of thing he had come to expect of the people of this land, really, though in this particular case... he figured he most definitely had a reason to speak to this strange girl and ask who she was.

He instead contented himself to sit back and observe her rather amusing behavior, watching as she attempted to re-locate the samurai who she hadn't been sent to locate in the first place... unless, he supposed, she wasn't actually the kunoichi he was looking for... but even still, he wasn't as concerned about embarrassment as he was amused by how she was acting so suspiciously right in front of him.

"So what good does it accomplish to hide from a single person when a half dozen others can easily spot you and your rather obvious attempts to hide from that one person?" he asked her, giving a little bit of distance to her as he continued to observe her. "If you're trying to assassinate him... well then he's likely to be an important person, so anyone here might be his bodyguard. Same situation if you're just trying to spy... for all you know, I might be a friend of his, and though you've hidden yourself from him, your suspicious behavior has attracted quite a bit of attention from some of the staff and from me, at least."

He made no particular move of hostility, merely regarding her with interest. "And how are you so sure that the person you lost track of is indeed the one you've been sent to observe? Did you see a picture of him beforehand? If it's an Ukiyoe picture that you saw.. then it really could be anyway. Ukiyoe is terrible art, and so vague that every single person in this building, male and female, could be represented by any random ukiyoe drawing."

"But if your name is Miyako..." he chimed in somewhat randomly, "Then I might know who exactly it is you're looking for."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako flattened her ears again annoyed while her tail wanted to move side to side like any annoyed cat but it was hidden in her suit and unable to really move much, she narrowed her eyes a little and said: "I am not here to assassinate anyone, I also know what I am doing since it’s not like I am supposed to hide I am just trying to find some samurai that I need to work with and the letter they send just told me there was one so you aren't no bodyguard... In all honestly they didn't even give me a name, I just got to pick the place to meet and I figured it would be the easiest seeing a samurai here, now this place is full of them so I am just trying to find out who I am meeting here then making sure I can trust the person... but it look like you managed to find me first and yes I am Miyako and I am guessing you’re the man I am meeting up with?"

She sighs a little and said: "Oh and for an Ukiyoe, they didn't even give me that much, you clearly had more to work with then I did so I can't really help much with my strange behavior... if they said an half foreigner looking samurai it would have been a lot easier for me to find you, you’re lucky enough to know you’re looking for an kunoichi since they are rare but samurai are like nearly everywhere because of this war." she talked a lot more than usual but it was because she was just trying to argue back with this man talking about how bad she was at hiding and sneaking around. Then again she usually did stuff like that in her car form making it easier for people to just believe it’s a cat walking around. She also did better in outside areas not public ones.

The kunoichi soon glanced around before looking over at the samurai before he and slightly tilted her head to the right now turning more curious instead of annoyed, her narrowed eyes turned a bit wider and her arms returned to resting next to her sides while she said: "You are alone here right? And you are the one I am meeting? Because if you’re not I don't think I would find the people who send that letter really pleasing, anyway you’re the one they said knows more about what we are supposed to do so let’s get started with doing that, or are you planning on staying here the night?"

Miyako started finding him rather interesting, she hasn't really seem someone looking like him before which she knew was mostly the reason why she at first not realize it was who she needed to meet up with first. In a way she was still a bit upset that she could completely spy on him to find out more but it wouldn't help much now, for now they needed to start their mission and she had to follow this guy around the entire time to help. For working alone most of her life she just hopes it doesn't bring any problems.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai watched the annoyed looking neko as she spoke up, finding her to be suddenly quite talkative, perhaps due to the fact that he had offended her. Though it wasn't his attention to upset the girl he would apparently be working with, he didn't let it bother him too much. "I count three samurai," he remarked, hardly considering that to be all that many considering how many neko girls were working on staff... they were, after all, considered to be quite beautiful as a race so it was no surprise that a high class of client would be present in the inn.

"My name is Muramasa Daichi, but you can call me Muramasa-sama," he said to the kunoichi, figuring it would be amusing to have her address him in such a formal manner when he didn't actually care so much. "Not trying to tell you how to do your job, but I think it would have been easier for you to infiltrate this place if you simply dressed like one of them and acted casual," he nodded towards one of the neko girls working at the inn.

"We might as well stay the night, though," he remarked, gazing at the kunoichi girl. "I don't really like to travel at night, and I've already had a long journey just to get here. Why don't we wash off the travel dust and get comfortable?" he remarked, gesturing towards the mixed open bathing area of the inn. "I've already reserved a room for us, and we can reserve the business discussion for when we retire for the evening."

He gazed at the kunoichi a bit and thought for a moment. While it was true she was quite tall, she wasn't as tall as he was, and he found her features to be rather attractive. He was hesitant to open up to her on an emotional level, however, as very few of the things people said about ninjas were polite. She didn't seem particularly experienced, but that was a good thing in his opinion, as the "experienced" kunoichi of rumor were said to take a man to bed just to kill him while he was vulnerable, and he rather hoped Miyako wasn't that type of girl.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 02-20-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako sighs and said: "Well three is confusing enough and blending in here would be useless if I do need my weapons and other things for traveling... like I said I was just trying to find you and not completely spy on anyone." She then loosened her hair to just let her hair lay freely down her back then pointed her ears forwards saying: "Well its nice meeting you Muramasa-sama, even if in such strange way."

Miyako glanced around at the passing neko girls around, wondering why she was even so much taller them most girls but then again she did have a tall father. She soon turned her attention towards Muramasa saying: "Alright, we have many things to discuss so we might as well go to the room... you can go wash off if you need, the water isn't deep right?" She still can't swim and didn't like water as much anyway, cat problems but she had to bath every now and then.

She turned and started walking a bit wanting to reach the room before she would go to the hot springs of this place. She didn't have any problem traveling at night but didn't know where they are going so will have to wait for this samurai. She looks back at him saying: "So where is the room?" Her head titling to the left and her ears sharply pointing forwards like usual when she gets curious or asked a question waiting for an answer.

He was a bit taller than her father and of an area not close from here if he told her about traveling far, it was rare for her to find someone that managed to be taller than she was visibly anyway. He also most likely sees her as some clumsy person who could do a lot based on their meeting so she doubted he would actually let her do any bigger jobs, that will just annoy her more getting looked down on but for now she will just have to follow along until she finally finds out who is behind this war.
    Last edited by SecretShadows; 02-20-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The samurai was under the impression that kunoichi used concealed weapons a lot, such as hairpins with lethal points, and bladed fans that could be used for assassination, though many of the larger weapons such as swords would definitely be more difficult to conceal when blending in. He smiled somewhat as the neko went ahead and called him "Muramasa-sama" as he had suggested, figuring he could get used to being addressed in such a manner after all.

"I've had stranger meetings before," he admitted somewhat, gesturing for her to follow as he led the way to their room. "The water isn't deep at all, as it's just a bath. I think you would find the onsen to be quite comfortable, in fact." As she seemed more eager to speak first before bathing, he figured he might as well, continuing to lead her to the room, covered in tatami mats with two futons.

He gestured for her to take a seat, doing so as well as he settled on to one of the mats. "I suppose it's safe to say who our lord is... or rather, your employer. The Shogun's power has weakened considerably across the land, as numerous Daimyo have risen in arms, fighting each other in bloodthirsty combat. The common people are the true victims, however, their villages burned and their people slaughtered..." He spoke these words not realizing the tragedy in the neko's own childhood, though he did enjoy the fact that her ears were no longer concealed.

His gaze fell onto her ears, finding them to be rather adorable. He had an urge to touch and pet them, though he refrained from doing so at the moment so as not to offend the girl more than he already have. "Anyway, the Emperor weeps for the senseless loss of life among his people. While he doesn't have many samurai, I happen to be one of them, and it is our mission to end the senseless violence in this empire and bring an end to this age of chaos... somehow."

Though he had a rather mixed initial impression of the girl, he also realized that she had been chosen for a reason... and though he had not been able to determine this reason yet, he had little other choice than to trust the kunoichi with at least this much as far as the details of their mission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Miyako followed behind him towards the room, after entering in she gives a quick glance around before she made her way over to the mat where she sits down resting her hands on her lap while she listened to him speak. The kunoichi softly nods and replied: "I am well aware of the harm this war has caused over the land, it has killed many people and taken away families."

She remembered her past and family, her own brother even lost his leg in this war. She wanted a stop to it as fast as she could. It wasn't long before she realized his stares towards her ears and she only softly sighs wondering if he ever saw a neko before. Nekos mostly just had areas they lived in anyway so there are still people out there not knowing that they exist and others seeing them as evil spirits of some kind or yokai. If she was working with someone thinking the same she knew it would get some taking use to his strange stares.

Miyako turned her attention towards the mission and said: "I see, Muramasa-sama is there a place we will go to first... any idea who might be behind this?... I know this mission is about ending this war but that can't be the only thing we have to work with, we need someone or something that can just give us hints to where we should go or who could cause this to continue on." Maybe he was trying to withheld information from her but that was understandable. In the time of war it was hard trusting strangers even if they fight along side you since the next day they might be the ones to stab you in the back.

She wanted more to work with but wasn't going to push the samurai to much, the last thing she needed now was someone getting more suspicious about her. Her right ear gives a small twitch while she just remained seated watching the samurai.

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast