Thread: A Fated Meeting [Numbers + SecretShadows] IC [M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default A Fated Meeting [Numbers + SecretShadows] IC [M]

Out of Character: https://role-player.net/forum/showth...49#post2959749

The kingdom has been sitting in a bright golden age for many eras now. However, in recent times, a dark shadow has started to creep over the powerful country. Small towns on the edge of the kingdom's borders have started to disappear. All the villagers and livestock, gone without a trace. With worry, the king has sent his best wizards and knights to the remaining small towns on the border, to guard them against the unknown threat. With the hope that if they can't stop the force, they can at least report back to the King on what has been happening. One such wizard has been sent to a small town along the mountains with a beautiful forest along the mountains, and farms to the south, following along the river. Will the wizard and the locals be safe from the unknown force? Will they even be targeted? Will an ancient prophecy be soon discovered? Only time will tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessia walked along the cobblestone path in the woods. Her cloak was covering her whole body and was drooped over the top of her face slightly in order to hide it from outside viewers. The forest was quiet, to most that would signal danger. However, she knew already that the sense of danger that the animals were picking up was in fact herself. Her magic and bloodline tended to instill the sense of danger into those that are simple-minded creatures. Partially because creatures were extra sensitive to the influence of demons, that extra sensitivity made it easy for them to feel her magic and bloodline from a mile away and usually resulted in either them going to sleep to be unnoticed, to hide, or to run away for the time being.

She stopped walking for a moment to look up to the sky. It was about noon which meant that after the pace she had been keeping she should be arriving at the town any moment. She turned her face back to the direction she was going but stayed standing there for a moment. Her mission was to protect this town from the mysterious disappearances that been attacking other towns. She bit her lip lightly, annoyed that the king wouldn't allow her to protect the town her family was in. She understood why, though, it didn't make her any less annoyed about it. As she was about to leave, one of the head knights came and told her that there was a second reason for her getting this town. Apparently, this is one of the more troubled towns. It's far enough on the outskirts that military presence from the kingdom is very low. Which meant that bandits, thieves, and wild animal attacks were much higher than most places in the kingdom. While she was supposed to protect the town from the mysterious disappearance, she was also to take care of the problems and restore some more order to the town.

She looked down at her left hand as it came out of the sleeve it was in. She quietly spoke a single word and a blue ball of fire sparked to life, hovering just slightly above her hand. She then closed her eyes and closed her hand, the fireball dissipating into nothing. She put her hand back at her side again and looked forward at the direction she needed to go. She started the walking as she continued toward her objective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessia arrived at the town and she looked around. To say the least, people were giving her all kinds of looks. Some filled with curiosity of who she was, others afraid of what the answer might end up being. With her cloak completely covering her up, it also covered up the symbol on her chest that represented her status among the royal soldiers. She looked around quickly and found the building that was the inn for the town.

She quickly moved to it and entered the building. As she looked around she noticed it held the same simpler status as the town. Tables and chairs were around the place and on the back wall was the actual bar with a door leading to the kitchen. On one of the side walls was a staircase leading up to the second floor which presumably had bedrooms for people to rent. For now, though she simply walked to the bar and sat on one of the stools, coughing in her throat lightly to signal to the bartender in the kitchen that there was a guest. Sure enough a minute later a tall stocky guy came out and was looking at her.

"I was wondering who could be here at this hour. It's probably only an hour past noon, too early for any of the town patrons to be here." He was watching her suspiciously. "So what brings you here sir?"

Alessia smiled under her hood. Her robe was big enough that it was also hiding her gender. How amusing. She put a hand on her hood and pulled it backward off of her head. She then put her hand down and looked at the bartender, seeing him slightly shocked that she was actually female. Still, he didn't know who she was since the rest of the cloak was still closed and hiding her status.

"Business is what brings me to this town. Though that business is my own. If you wouldn't mind, I would like your best room for a week, and if I could get some food and some water to drink that would be great."

The bartender watched her speak for a moment before thinking about how to respond. "Fair enough, prying into others business is how you get killed. The nicest room for a week is going to cost you a gold piece and since you didn't specify food, I'll assume you want the house special. That'll also be a gold piece." Alessia simply nodded to his answer before pulling out two gold pieces from the inside of her robe and setting them down on the counter. The bartender grabbed them and pulled a key out from the underside of the counter. He then put it on the counter in front of her. "Room, One A, go up the stairs and go to the very end of the hallway. It's the last room and is about three, four times bigger than any of the normal rooms." With that, he left to go into the kitchen to go and make her food. Once he was gone, she simply put her hood back on and continued to hide her identity as she simply waited for now.
    made by the lovely karma

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It’s been going around town, those rumors about people from places just suddenly not being there making even famous towns turn into ghost towns. The locals of this town have been rather scared, and most was just waiting for it to happen to them, others came to complain to the guards and soldiers of this place to do a better job in protecting so it won't happen to them. This left Jonathan rather busy trying to calm everyone down with the rest of the guards they had around, those who didn't listen usually just ended up moving away from their town to go towards one they think will be a lot safer. Everything felt like it was only getting harder until a letter arrives from the higher ups telling them they are sending a wizard but only Jonathan and the commander read it to keep the town from either freaking out more or rejoicing to soon, the treat was around even when they had someone else to help stop it.

A few days passed and one’s noon came the clashing of swords stopped, they were only a hand full of warriors training just outside town while two guards are left to protect the gate. It was break time and the now sweaty men go to take a rest at the tavern for a nice cold drink. Jonathan however remained leaned against the larger branch on top of a tree while glancing at the men leaving to go back into town. The commander walks over to the tree and said: "Jonathan, go join the boys for a bit." The older man glanced up the tree waiting for him to come down. After a soft sigh Jonathan moved out of the shadows from the tree and said: "No thanks, I should go patrol town... that wizard is most likely comin' soon." Jumping down from the tree caused his dark blue cloak to fly in the wind for that small time, he stood back up straight nearly towering the man because of his height while he said: "Commander I think ya should give the boys off for the rest of the day, the training is useless if they don't improve at all they are pretty well trained anyway the only reason they continue is because of the complaining people thinking we can't do our job." The older man started walking towards town and said: "If they wish to train let them do so, the people will stop sooner or later anyway." After that the commander also disappeared into the streets of town.

Letting out a small groan the man turned to walk into town, his long black hair shining a little within the bright sun that stood in the center of the sky while his steady walking created the crunching sounds on the dirt road just off the main one that led through the place. It was a sketchy place most of the time, thieves, murderers, and some other dark sided people owned its allies and shaded places but other then take it was a beautiful place within the center of the place so Jonathan never complained about anything while living here it was a lot better than his past life anyway.

While walking towards his house he got stopped by the cheery voice of a young girl who he could hear running up to him, he turned seeing the blond haired girl that was around the age of seventeen and the daughter of the commander... well his youngest one anyway. Her green eyes are usually up to some trouble around town because of her wild spirit but she was still a good person. "Jonny! I need a favor!" He just narrowed his gray eyes and said: "I am not sneakin' ya out again, so don't even try." She just crossed her arms with a pout and said: "Your no fun today! Come on grumpy just this one time!" He just remained walking on and shook his head giving her yet another cold shoulder which wasn't unusual for him at all. He didn't really get close to anyone around him so most didn't pay much attention and only knew him as the second in command of the soldiers and guards in town. After realizing Jonathan wasn't going to answer her she just sighs and walked off saying: "Fine I will do it on my own."

After finishing his rounds around town Jonathan made his way to the tavern for something to eat, he wasn't a fan of places with loud noises but they had good food so he didn't mind eating there every now and then, they were also not to expensive so he had no complaints besides the fights happening every now and then. After reaching the building he stopped to glance at the inn just across the road, he just stared at it a little before he entered past the tavern doors where he found himself a place to sit and wait for Maddy who was running this place most of the time.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Her food came out a moment later and she quickly ate it before washing it down with her drink. She then stood up from her spot and went upstairs in the inn, before finding her room pretty quickly. As she entered her room, she noticed that it had a sort of noble simplicity to it. It had a simple bed with a small desk near the window overlooking the center of the town. There was a rug on the floor and a simple dresser. Then there was another door which led to another smaller bathroom. It was probably for whenever a commander from the military came through the town on some sort of passing trip. It would work perfectly for her needs though. She went over to the desk for now and sat behind it on her knees. She put a scroll down on it and started to write in it. It was her arrival report. She wouldn't send it yet because she still needed to do a walk around the town to check on what kind of defenses, if anything, were in place. After she wrote down what it was that she did observe she stood back up and cast a quick spell, summoning a red portal of fire in her room. The fire, due to its magical nature, did not spread or burn its surrounding area. It did give off an immense amount of heat still.

Out of the portal came a small demon that appeared to made of shadows with glowing red eyes. "How can I serve you master on this glorious mission of yours?" In total he was only maybe about a foot tall, but his size was only something to fool those that were his prey. He was significantly agile and was able to hide in the shadows of objects, as well as her own shadow since he was contracted with her.

"I need you to have the dog grab my luggage and supplies I left with it and have it bring it into this room for me. Then I need you to hide in my shadow. I need to do a walk around this area and see what kind of defenses they have in order to make a proper report back to the king." The demon looked at the portal and let out a low piercing whistle. As he did a dog that appeared to be made out of smoke came from the portal carrying luggage in its mouth. It would go in and out several times carrying stuff.

The small demon, on the other hand, walked over to her for a moment. "Are you sure you want that master? Surely it will only serve to draw more attention to you from the townsfolk?" It was true, with a demon hiding in her shadow, it would surely give the feeling to those around her that she was more dangerous than the first time they saw her. However, it was needed because Etmere was the only one who could see certain magical connections. "I'm sure Etmere, after all, if the people get suspicious and frightened they'll only call the guards on me, and they're nothing to fear." She said with a smirk. The demon simply nodded and moved to hide in her shadow, now speaking to her under the mental contract. "Let us go then master!"

With that Alessia left her room and quickly left the Inn. She moved so that she was standing in the middle of the town. Now that there was a demon in her shadow, the looks she was getting from the townspeople told her that the guards would quickly be at her. With her cloak, she was still covered head to toe, which only served to heighten the sense of danger that people were getting from her. This was all part of the test she was administrating though. How quickly would it take for guards to get to an area that was reported as dangerous. The spot she stood also helped to heighten the fear around her as the grass in a few feet wide circle around her had quickly been turned to black burnt earth. The work of Etmere hiding in her shadow. Of which even her shadow seemed sinister, almost appearing to be unnaturally large considering the time of day.
    Last edited by Numbers; 02-16-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maddy soon showed up at his table making Jonathan lift his head to look at her while he said: "Good after noon... so how have ya been doing with the tavern." Maddy was a woman with a accent clearly not from this side of the world, she did come here a few years ago to visit her grandfather who lived here and soon came to live here and run his bar with the help of her father. Maddy resting her hand on her hip said: "Chased out three drunken men and nearly got hit in a bar fight, yeah Jonathan I am doing just fine... now what do you want to eat? Stew again?" Jonathan only leans back in his chair and said: "Yes just some stew." After that Maddy turned around and left to get him the food. Jonathan always had the same when he came here, some stew and at times maybe a beer but a heavy drinker wasn't like him at all.

After he got his stew he paid then started eating his beef stew while listening to some of the gossip the two old ladies at the next table blabbered about, these days the gossip was mainly about the towns just turning into ghost towns and how bad all the guards and securities are for letting it happen and that was why the commander made everyone overwork or train nearly the entire day but Jonathan found it all useless. The guards did get faster at showing up at places and maybe a bit stronger but was that really going to stop this all from happening? He highly doubted it, he didn't think it had to do with anything involving fighting or protecting, it was most likely some dark magic and that the guards couldn't fight. They however should be expecting that wizard soon enough so whoever it was might be able to fight this off.

Jonathan took a other bite from his stew when he saw a few of the guards running off down the road and heard Maddy saying: "Where are they rushing off to?" Jonathan just stood up and made his way out of the building while hearing a few mutters being about a strange person and some demon or something. He just sighs and his assassin self just showed up when he jumped onto the roof of a building and traveling like that towards the area everyone seemed to be looking at. He soon spotted the running guards and just made his way past them until he spotted the person and came to a stop after jumping down from the building. He sighs saying: "Let me guess you're the wizard? Could you please hide your pet, its scarin' off the town people and we had enough of them moving away already."

Jonathan looks at the guards who was soon around her holding their weapons ready but Jonathan lift his hand saying: "Could ya just stop, it will be useless to attack him." He didn't know he was actually a she yet and didn't know why the wizard will even draw so much attention to himself unless she was testing the guards which annoyed Jonathan a bit since they already got tested a lot by nearly anyone. The guards soon placed their weapons back in place and backed up a bit while the commander also arrived.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

A snicker came from the shadow and she turned her head to look at her shadow. It was then that her gender was revealed as she spoke. "No point hiding you, come out of my shadow." As she spoke, her more obvious female voice was present. The demon merged out of her shadows until it took its normal form again, standing next to her. She then turned her attention to the one that spoke to her. He was different from the rest of the guards. She then turned her attention to another one running to the group around her. He was wearing the badge of the commander of the guard and her attention turned to him. She took her hood off revealing herself to the commander.

She was aware that the other guard, maybe a second in command, had asked her a question but it was better to just answer it with her direction being toward the commander. "Your boys got here pretty quickly. Only took a few minutes of me standing here before this group finally arived." She then put a hand on the air and some red runes flew off of her hand and went to surround her demon pet. In the air above it, the circles formed into a link to make a circle. When the circle was finished linking together, the air in the middle of it turned fiery as the portal was established. The circle then moved in a downward direction going over the demon and making it disappear into nothing as it went through the portal.

"As you can see I am the wizard sent by the kingdom. Here to protect your town from the mysterious disappearing case that has been happening lately. As well." She then dug through her cloak for a moment, pulling out an envelop that was sealed with the royal seal. "You'll find in here are orders to you and your men. To summarize it though, I am effectively the king's orders here. If I say we need to build walls around this town, then that is effectively the king's orders. As well as serving to protect this town, I am also protecting the surrounding wilderness. Bandits, raiders, slavers, and other hostiles that would threaten this town are going to be dealt with quickly. With that in mind, I would like to see all current reports on any information you have on current locations of groups, peoples, and animals, that disrupt the order of this town. Not including myself, that is." She said with a sly smile. "I also need to take a walk of your town. See what defenses, if any, you have in place. Check all of your guards, oversee some of their training, browse through your armory, as well as several other things. The findings will then go in my letter back to the king and his royal military general. Depending on what I find as well, materials may be brought to equip the soldiers with better gear as well as to build better defenses, if needed that is." She stood there for a moment before realizing something.

"Oh, and I am sure you all would like to see my royal badge." She undid the front of her cloak, revealing the clothes under her cloak. It was light, only a shirt and skirt. She didn't really need armor since she could summon magic to protect her if the need absolutely arose. However, on the scarf like thing that was wrapped around her neck was the badge and number. The star and wings represented she was in the royal military, and the number was simply a reminder to herself of when she served in the special operations task force. She took one of her fingers and lightly tapped on the star as if marking it for the commander and second in command to see. "Now... Shall we get started on those order boys?"
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jonathan was surprised to find the wizard a female. It wasn't every day you met a woman doing the job of guarding or fighting but in a way he liked that. He glanced at the demon ones it came out knowing it was most likely her power to control them or use them in battle but that would leave her rather open if she can't fight much herself.

Jonathan looks over at the commander then back at her now slightly annoyed she completely ignored him, like completely. He slightly narrowed his eyes then just looks over at the guards saying: "You may go back to your posts." Soon he heard the commander answer her saying: "Yes they have worked hard these last few months and are still doing so today, its nice to know we are getting some extra help... miss?" Not knowing her name just yet.

If he wasn't annoyed enough, she just had to start blabbering about their defiance and the training or criminals around this place, acting like the king herself just suddenly coming in here acting as if she owned the place. The commander however seems more happy and smiles back saying: "That would be wonderful! We do struggle with quite a lot of trouble makers in this area to be honest but just haven't been able to stop them. Jonathan looks at him and said: "In all honesty sir I think the men has trained quite enough and our walls are fine, as for the criminals they haven't actually been much of a bother, they also make up half of the town so we will be left with those naggy woman and men complaining about all this wizard is complaining about... We lost enough of the guards through deaths and leaving because of the training they have been put through." He was pretty much angry by now but the commander just sighs and said: "This is for the best Jonathan so don't go fighting against it, we are grateful for all the help we get."

Jonathan had a bit of a hatred towards royals, his old job being an assassin made him often deal with them and he was also the person who killed the younger brother of the king. He sighs and just glanced over at the guards standing at one of their points slightly chatting on about some normal things in their live like people are suppose to do. The commander looks at her badges and said: "Well you know what your doing, the guards and shoulders are all yours so just tell us what you wish to do... If you want my second in command can take you around town to show you what you wish to see." Jonathan looks at him and said: "I am sure the royal babysitters would rather go with the more upper class guards of this place so you should show her around sir... I need to finish my rounds." He turned to leave and the commander said: "Since you are finishing your rounds she can go with you, if it isn't a bother miss... sorry he is usually the colder sided one so don't take it to personal."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"My name is Alessia, The Demon Commander of the Royal Army. Of course, it is of no concern to me whether he shares cold feelings. When one has my position and heritage, it is something you get used to. After all, my eyes share my heritage, and that's enough to make any commoner hate me. Add in the fact that I am here to make things easier for everyone, well, who would like someone like that." She said with a sly smile before turning to the second in command to get ready to follow him. While she waited to follow him, she gave a quick look up and down of him. Something about him seemed... Off... He wasn't just a normal second in command of the guard for this town. She for now would simply just have to keep an eye on him and let time tell more about who he is.

For now, though she simply followed him in silence as he went on his patrol. She would take some mental notes of several different things that she would notice. She would have to make sure to write them on her report that way the correct materials could be sent to the town. During the patrol then they were a little more away from people, she then decided to speak. "I'll admit, your place is in better condition than some border towns. Though there are definitely some areas that need some improvements made. Though, we'll have to wait for the capital to send the supplies that I'll end up requesting. I do wonder how your people will react to my presence being here. After all, as a Wizard my mission is to study the disappearance occurrence. As well as a side mission, clean up the trouble around the town. Then, on the other hand, you have the fact that I am connected to demons, something that should have been burned at the stake before I could even talk. Will your people want me gone and fear me because of the demons, or will they be happy and feel safe knowing that I am here to clean everything up."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The commander sighs and said: "I don't think he hates you for what you are, he treats all new comers the same so its not just you... it takes time to earn his trust so its not about your heritage." After a soft sigh the old man said: "He is the best we have in town, many believed he might have been one of the royal guards in the past but no one knows anything about him and if you wish to stay on his better side don't try asking him about it." After that the commander left. Jonathan however remained walking and soon started realizing she was following behind him, he sighs a bit and stopped looking over at her saying: "You seem like you won't take no for an answer now would you?" He then turned to face a building while he said: "Well do try keeping up because I don't wait for anyone." After that he jumped up grabbing a small gap in the wall then pushed himself up onto the roof with a swift movement before he started walking again glancing around. He knew his patrol will be a lot slower with her around following him since the commander would want his head if he actually started going as fast as he usually does.

Jonathan heard her speaking again so glanced over at her saying: "I doubt the people here would even care about what you are or what you do... the ones left here are those old ladies who would just gossip about it, the guards who will see you as some royal and then there is the younger people of the town who are mostly made out of some kind of criminal if it is now or in the past and they also won't actually care, well the criminals might if you start pestering them." He soon picked up a bit speed just to jump over towards the next roof where he started walking again silently. Dealing with a lot of royalty and their guards in the past was what made him move here, he thought he would never have to see any of them again since this place wasn't well known and usually turned a blind eye on but that clearly didn't come true, in a way he wondered why they would even care about this place. It was filled with outlaws and mostly like an retirement home for the older people wanting less trouble, he loved this place for its quietness. When he first came here it was mostly a wreak and its security was weak but her helped them build it up so that was how he got the people's trust even if he was a secretive person.

His caring side came out here, he might be cold to everyone around but he cared for them with all he had, if they where old, young, a criminal or guard, they where his family and he wouldn't let anyone take that from him. He soon glanced back at Alissa knowing she was going to try snooping around on everyone here, so even if he was going to trust her he won't let her find out about his past. Killing princes and nobility as a job in the past will cause him problems even if found out now, they would want his head and her kind even more. For now she was just here to help protect this little town and nothing else so he hopes she will remember that much well.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

She simply followed him in silence, listening to what he said as she gathered intel on the place. Anyone he jumped from one roof to a new one, she simply walked over the air, pads of fire hovering in the air temporarily under her feet as she moved. "I was told not to ask you about yourself but I am curious. It's obvious that you're not from here. You're obviously not a traveler turned guard. You have some kind of combat style background. Ranger? Thief? Archer? Something that allows you to have the proper training and finesse to navigate rooftops with ease. Though I guess you could get that with some jobs that aren't military either. Scout, fruit tree picker, carnival acrobat? Plenty of other jobs as well. Leaves your background way more mysterious than those around here. More interesting and intriguing as well. Can't help but be curious, especially as a wizard. The pursuit of all knowledge and my ultimate gain, like any wizard. Or so I would like to claim. Knowledge isn't really my ultimate goal though."

She quickly moved in a way to the point where she was now standing in front of him. She had caught him at the edge of a roof and she was standing in the air on the pads of fire again. She was observing him quietly while she waited to see if he would give her some kind of answer. She was also memorizing his face and appearance so that she would easily remember him in the future after this mission of hers. After all, she was possibly only gonna be here for a few days or a few years, depending on whether the village was attacked or some other person succeeded in their mission.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jonathan glanced around looking for any signs of trouble or maybe a hole in the wall or something. He was about to jump when the wizard girl appeared in front of him, frowning a little ones she tried asking him about his past like some others have. He then said: "If you where told not to ask of my past then why even do so? Your here to help guard this place and not snoop around, if you want to find out about people's live try asking others maybe they hold the answer." He knew if she was to ask around most would just say they don't know, tell her they think he might have been some guard of spy for the royalty but it will still all lead to the fact that no one knew what happened in his past.

He glanced over at the wall then turned towards it before he jumped off the roof where he grabbed a boy by his clothing from behind looking about ten that was running around with an apple. He then said: "Haven't I told ya not to steal from Mrs. Baker?" The boy puffed up his cheeks saying: "I am not stealin'! Its called borrowin;! And Daisy needs it more then that old woman does!" Jonathan sighs and said: "Well that doesn't mean ya can just go around taking things Samuel! Where is that father of yours?" The boy known as Samuel was now slightly hanging in the air while he was about to say something then spotted Alessia and said: "U-U-Uh The is someone foatin' in the air! Behind you!" Jonathan looks over at her then back at him saying: "I know that, now hand over the apple." He just shook his head and said: "If I do that Daisy dies!"

Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast