Thread: Looking for Recomendations

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Looking for Recomendations

I've recently started going to the gym, in a bit to get healthier and I don't really care for what they have on the TVs so I was thinking about putting some Anime on my phone. I used to be big into anime but for really no reason I can think of I strayed from it. So my question is what are some good anime shows out there? I am a fan of shows like Sailor Moon, Mai-Hime / Mai-Otome, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Record of Lodoss War, Rune Soldier, Jūni Kokuki, You're Under Arrest, Excel Saga, Ah! My Goddess, Azumanga Daioh. I like most genre except the blood and guts one, I don't really find that entertaining. Also I've never been a fan of Naruto, Pokemon or Dragonball Z. I've already got Gundam Wing queue up to watch.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Sword Art Online
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I'd second Sword Art Online, good show.

Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) - sorta like Azumanga Daioh, it's about three school girls and one android. School comedy / Slice of Life

Fruits Basket - A young girl is taken in by a small clan with a secret curse. Light Supernatural / Romantic Comedy / Drama

Ouran High School Host Club - a poor scholarship student at an exclusive Japanese high school becomes indebted to a club of boys who entertain the ladies of the school, but they have a few surprises of their own. Romantic Comedy / Reverse Harem

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - A boy trying to escape his past as the "dark flame master" accepts admissions to a distant high school, only to run into others still suffering from their childish delusions. comedy / slice of life

Xxxholic - a boy who can see spirits and demons finds a safe haven in a unique shop whose business is to grant wishes. Be careful what you wish for. Supernatural / high school / drama

The Devil is a Part-Timer - After his army is defeated, Satan leaves the world of Ente Isla to wind up in modern Tokyo. But he's not alone. supernatural / comedy

The Big O - a different giant mecha anime. More mystery, some giant robot fighting. We're all just one of the tomatoes. Action/Mystery/Mecha

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon - Bell wants to be a hero and become the best, but it's not going to be easy. Some blood, but monsters will dissolve. Action / romantic comedy / harem

No Game No Life
    - a brother and sister, notorious among gamers as the team known only as "Blank", receive a unique invitation to come to a world ruled by games. supernatural / comedy / drama

Angel Beats - a group fights against a girl known as the Angel, in a high school where you can die, but you'll get better. The only way you leave is when you satisfy that one thing you didn't get to do when you were alive.

Eden of the East - twelve people in a contest to prove they can lead Japan. Fail, and you will be eliminated. Action/mystery

Cowboy Bebop - lots of drama, interesting characters, great music. Bounty hunters in space, traveling between the terraformed worlds. Some gun play, some blood. Good action scifi anime. This is a classic.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - While they look like ships of WW2, the Ships of the Fog fleets have taken control of Earth's oceans. But there's one willing to fight back - Iona, the submarine I-401, and her human captain, Gunzou Chihaya.
    Action / Science Fiction / Harem

Assassination Classroom - The students of E-Class have a new teacher and an assignment from the Ministry of Defense - to kill their teacher before graduation, otherwise he will destroy the world. But what he is, isn't human. Some blood. Action/adventure/middle school

There are some others, but these are a good start.

EDIT:

Oh, what about FLCL? Fooly Cooly?
    Last edited by Enigma; 03-24-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤