Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 181920212270 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Outbreak: Genesis

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Howdy. *tips hat*

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok short post in Outbreak in.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Nice. I'm working on a co-post with Fox for the transition. Since we're splitting up, the only thing I'm asking for is that our welder gets on the chopper, as she'll be needed.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well we should prolly figure out who is going where.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Working on a postish
    Last edited by Dnafein; 03-19-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Name: Eniko Kuramoto 倉元 型付け
    Profession: Intern at George Washington University Hospital.

Description:

Measuring at an even five-foot-three, Eniko’s daintier bone structure has always been one of her most definitive traits; the other, of course, being her heavily oriental facial features. At any rate, the random onlooker could easily conclude that the young woman hails from a family that has reproduced little (if at all) outside of their own ethnicity.

Weapons:

Unfortunately, none. For now, anyway.

The outbreak has caught this fun-loving young lady totally off guard, leaving her alone and in a bit of a precarious position. In the past, Eniko has never needed to venture outside the relative safety that her charmed upbringing had thus afforded her. Before the world had gone to hell, the young woman’s free time had been merrily spent dancing in clubs late into the night, bike riding on sunny weekends, and attending yoga classes religiously. So danger and violence and weapons had always felt as foreign to her as... well, Japan.

Equipment + Clothing:

Since she was a child, Eniko has experienced great joy in expressing herself through clothing. Often, she could be found floating around D.C. sporting a leather jacket, braided hair, and studded Cuban block heels. Then, when it came to smarter wear, cocktail dresses and stilettos would often make their appearance... particularly on nights that she would go on dates or karaoke outings with her friends.

Yet, on the most casual of days, an oh-so-fuzzy beanie coupled with silly socks and white sneakers would suffice. (In fact, Ko has quite an extensive collection of ridiculous socks, her favourite pair covered in little Shiba Inus. That pair is very sentimental to her, as they remind her of her beloved family pet, Zoom, who is at home with her parents in San Francisco.)

Yet of course, these were only the clothes she wore in her downtime. Due to the nature of her work, most of her day was spent in scrubs; so every opportunity to wear her own clothing always felt like a treat.

As for equipment, all that Eniko has readily available is what she currently has lying around in her vividly decorated city centre apartment. Shiiiit.

Background:

Having grown up within an affluent area of San Francisco, Eniko is a young Californian woman who has enjoyed a life of relative privilege since birth. She and her younger sister Emiri, always having been two peas in a pod, were both well looked after by their parents. Their father, an esteemed neurosurgeon in the Bay Area, worked at the UCSF Medical Centre, while their mother was the head of a school of cosmetology located near Fisherman’s Wharf.

This upbringing thoroughly explained the quality of the apartment that young Eniko lived in while in Washington DC; as well as the quality of the education she had received in order to intern as a surgeon of traumatic injury. Yet, this fortunate life had not always been the case for her family.

In Eniko’s case, her familial story began in the United States in the 1930s, with a bit of hope and a lot of hard work. Her great-grandparents had immigrated from Nagasaki, Japan, and into the San Francisco outskirts as newlyweds. There, they were initially received with immense friendliness, and the Karumotos sought to successfully integrate into their new country.

Eventually, however, such niceties waned. After the events of Pearl Harbour, many US residents of Japanese descent were suddenly met with intense distrust by their American neighbours. It did not take long for many so-called friends to suddenly become aloof, causing all Japanese families to become so socially isolated that government officials were forced to arrive on their doorstep with questions.

Paranoia saturated these communities in those days, and Eniko’s great-grandparents had been forced to abandon their home in San Francisco. Where were they sent? The Tule Lake Internment Camp just south of Oregon... for four years.

When the war finally ended, life never went back to normal for the Karumotos. The American community that her great-grandparents had loved so much never saw them as the same people again, instead assuming they must have been guilty. They were whispers of them being war criminals or spies, despite them having no affiliation with the Japanese government.

Yet returning home to Japan felt incredibly futile after the events in Nagasaki.Everything back home, everything they had known in Japan, was gone. Homes. Family. Friends. Farms. The atomic bomb decimated tens of thousands, before poisoning even more with radiation. What was there to return to?

So, instead, her great-grandparents reluctantly remained in the United States, hoping that they could find a way to give their children a better future. They worked tirelessly at this, and the Karumoto family eventually rose above the ashes of their life in the 1940s. It was during the 1980s that Eniko’s grandfather made some wise investments, that lead to the eventual wealth that the young woman would later be born into.

And she had been happy. She had been gifted with a life of security, and had always been showered with affection by those who loved her. She had little reason to ever believe such a good life could ever come to an end.

Thus, Eniko is currently battling a functioning state of shock. Not only has she realised that life as she knew it was completely over, but she is quickly learning that she must improvise and adapt if she is going to survive.
    Last edited by Leanna; 03-21-2018 at 08:04 PM.

- banksy

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Hola. I finally posted my CS. I'll make my introductory post this week sometime.
    Last edited by Leanna; 03-19-2018 at 10:32 PM.

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You'll need to wait for Rayne or Fox first I think.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Ooo I like her! Co-GM says yes.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hope she can find someone to keep her alive since she doesn't have a gun.

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 181920212270 ... LastLast