Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Outbreak: Genesis IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Runa cut through one infected after another, leaving severed limbs and mutilated corpses in her wake. Yet, they never stopped coming, their numbers never dwindled, and she was getting tired. Out of breath, she drove her blade through the skull of another walker, before kicking its lifeless body back into the oncoming crowd in an attempt to slow them down. She staggered back for a moment and wiped the sweat from her forehead as she tried to catch her breath. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a howler step out from the crowd and let out a howl that wasn’t helping her already pounding head. “Oh fuck off!” Runa said as she quickly drew her sidearm and put a round through its head, cutting it off mid howl. She was starting to think that the defense was hopeless until she saw one of the behemoths get turned into ground beef by a fifty cal. Then another truck pulled through the gate and a flashbang stunned a good portion of the horde and drew the attention of most of the walkers coming at her, which gave her a well needed break.

A moment later she heard Zeke call her and Andi over, so she hacked down a couple of walkers at the front of the group rushing her, hoping to slow them down even more, before running over to Zeke. Before she got to him he had stripped off most of his gear and ran off, hollering like a madman and holding a grenade with the words ‘White Phosphorus’ written on it. She grinned as Zeke led the infected away with his canister of handheld hellfire, “He may just be crazier than I am,” She said as she stopped in her tracks. She watched as Zeke led a good portion of the horde and the behemoth to another corner of the base before basically shoving the Willy Pete down the behemoths throat. It beast went down in a spectacular display of white hot death, engulfing several of the smaller infected in the flames. There was still a good amount of undead surrounding Zeke’s position under a Humvee. She glanced over as several others began clearing them in an attempt to rescue Zeke, and decided it’d be better to contribute instead of standing around gawking at the pretty lights.

Runs dashed forward towards the horde, as sniper fire dropped walkers here and there. She spotter her opening, three walkers who were focused on the nearby pilots. She ran full speed at the nearest one, dropping to a baseball slide and taking it’s leg out from under it with her sword. She quickly got to her feet, taking a defensive stance as the others took notice of her. They both came at her at the same time, and she sidestepped one while slashing her blade at the throat of the other, removing its head. Using the momentum of her swing she spun and slashed across the back of the other, severing it’s spine and disabling it. From there she continued to slash her way through the horde towards Zeke’s position.

Martin and Brady fought their way throughout the defenses in search of a corpsman, but they couldn’t find any that weren’t already preoccupied with other wounded soldiers. So they decided to return to where they had left the injured Marine. Along the way they noticed another truck pull up, and out flew a very familiar looking grenade. “Close your eyes now.” He said to Brady as he averted his eyes from the flash bang. He waited for bang, before returning his gaze to the vehicle as a woman in full tactical gear stepped out, FBI in white on her vest, and proceeded to gun down the temporarily blinded zombies along with a couple of other soldiers. He watched for a moment before continuing on his way with Brady in tow.

By the time they got back the whole scene had changed, the Marine was nowhere to be seen, and instead a woman sat with her knees pulled close, and next to her was a dead soldier. Around her were the corpses of several of the undead, and more were making there way towards her. He gave one quick glance at Brady, pointed to the approaching undead before breaking into a sprint towards the woman. Brady dashed towards the group of infected, loading a few more shells into his shotgun and pumping it before putting right against the head of the nearest zombie a pulling the trigger.

As Martin neared the woman he noticed that the dead soldier was apparently not so dead, as he began to stir. He, no it, got to it’s feet as Martin reached her, and he placed himself between the freshly risen soldier and the woman. It lunged at Martin, grabbing his shoulder and attempting to take a bite out of him. Martin shoved the stock of his rifle into the creature’s chest, knocking it back long enough for him to drive its stock into it’s face. The undead soldier stumbled backward and fell against the wall. Martin placed the barrel of his rifle right between the zombies eyes and fired, blowing bits of skull and brain against the wall. He glanced over at Brady, who seemed to be handling himself just fine as he blasted another zombies head into pieces. Martin turned to the woman and took a knee in front of her, quickly looking her over for any injuries “You okay ma’am? If you need to rest we should get you somewhere safer.” He said, his expression softening into a more friendly one. He’d had plenty of experience talking to people in emotional and physical distress, being calm and friendly usually helped.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Zeke was having a pleasant dream when someone decided to come try and save him. Rolling to his stomach he poked his head out from under the truck and watched as people in helicopters and trucks dropped in to finish off the burning zombies his Willy Pete set ablaze. Their pained screams were almost soothing to help him sleep, but all good things must come to an end. The rescue party mowed down some more deaders and Zeke let out a deep yawn looking down at his blood stained side.
    "Hmm so that's where all that blood done came from." He mused lifting his stained t-shirt off he used it to quickly bandage the gash then looked around and saw something he liked.

One of the people who had come with the FBI chick was carrying an Automatic shotgun across his back. Walking up the mad cowboy quickly grabbed it from the solider and locked in his first round. It sounded with a manly click and Zeke found himself smiling broadly.
    "Oooo, I like that." Opening fire Zeke joined the rescuers in mowing deadheads down. The deep bark of the gun filled Zeke's ears and his body shook with the force of the gunfire. Dead dropped all around them and as he fired his last shot he saw the flash of red hair and waved at Runa before grabbing the shoulder of a solider and making him look at the pretty woman cutting her way towards them.
    "Hey, look one of my Doomsday angels is here!" Using the shotgun like a bat he smashed the heads of some zombies shouting at the woman. "Hey Red ya see that! I done gone and killed me a big bastard in the most awesome way possible!" He bashed the skulls in for a few more before he met the woman and quickly kissed her on the cheek before spinning around and ending the squirming of the deader Runa had broken the spine of.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default co-post (Alpha and Moon)

Andi was aware of the movement around her...the undead closing in, the reanimation of the soldier, and the red-haired man that blocked her from an attack...but it wasn't until the man spoke to her that she reacted, her head lifting slightly to his kneeling form and looking into his piercing blue eyes. Her glance shifted slightly to the bloodied tire iron that lay by her side, then back to his concerned face, her fingers twitching slightly.

"Two minutes, hardly more, that's all it took," she stated calmly, her arms unwrapping from her knees and falling to her sides, her right hand grasping for her only weapon. As her fingers curled around the slick instrument she paused, looking at the blood soaked pavement and the empty place where the soldier had lain. "I couldn't do it, not again, not until he had turned. But I should have..."

Still sitting, her attention pivoted from one man to the other, her confusion abating as she realized she had seen them before--the marine, they had brought him over for medical attention. She shook her head, using the motion to push back her exhaustion and clear her thoughts. "I'm okay. Really, I am. I just needed a moment, but I'm okay now." Her smile was anything but reassuring, but it was the effort that counted.

Martin noted the fatigue apparent in the woman’s eyes as she smiled, but the fact that she could manage a smile at a time like this, surrounded by the blood, death, and madness, was a good sign. He glanced over his shoulder at Brady, as the young Trooper blasted another zombie to the ground before looking over to meet Martin’s. “I’ve only got more dead assholes trying to bite me than I have shells, can I get a hand?” Brady asked before turning his attention to the walker lunging at him.

Martin nodded before looking back to Andi, his expression changing to one of calm determination. “Wait right here for me, I’ll be back in just a moment.” He said before quickly getting to his feet, pivoting on his heel while raising his rifle. He flicked the safety off and began firing while advancing towards the crowd of undead. He made sure he didn’t move too far from the woman just in case he needed to get to her quickly. With each shot he fired another walker fell, that combined with Brady’s shotgun blasts was enough to clear the infected immediately surrounding them within no more than a minute.

While the men pushed the horde back, Andie used the wall to support herself as she got to her feet. She then reached down for the dead soldier's discarded rifle with hopes of helping out. The idea of sitting there and waiting didn't hold any weight with her. It only took a moment for her to discover the clip was empty and as she made her way to the twice dead corpse to rummage for more ammo, she realized she was too late, the men had already efficiently cleared the area. She turned to them, two spare clips gripped in her palm, and stared out at the walkway of death.

"You made that look easy. I think I'm in the wrong business for this. Zombie killing 101." She let out a hoarse laugh then shook her head again. "I think I'm ready to get back to it...can't be too many left. Right?"

Martin swapped out his nearly empty magazine for a fresh one as he turned to face Andi. He chuckled a bit. “Tell ya what, when we get this place cleaned up I’ll give you a crash course in zombie killing, but for now if you’d like you can stick with us and help us clear the place out.” He said this with a slight smile before looking over his shoulder at Brady, who had just jogged over. “Good shooting, but maybe next time don’t put the barrel against their heads when you fire, cause now you get to clean my gun when we’re done.” He remarked, which earned him a quiet “Shit.” From Brady

Martin grinned and shook his head, patting Brady’s shoulder before turning his attention back to the woman in front of him. “By the way, I’m Trooper Ackerman with the State Police, but you can call me Martin and this,” he said, nudging his partner with his elbow, who was no longer paying attention to the conversation because he was too busy trying to wipe the blood off the barrel of the shotgun “is my partner Brady.” He said before extending his hand towards her.

Andi wiped her palm on her jeans before taking Martin's outstretched hand and giving it solid shake. She looked to each man before responding, connecting their names to their faces. "I'm Andi...nice to meet you both...and thanks for the help. It's been a hell of a long day." She reloaded the rifle, then wiped ineffectively at the blood on her face and hands. "I think I'll take you up on that offer of company. Seems I've lost the people I came in with--crazy sons of bitches." She laughed lightly, scoffing at the memory of their trip here.

"Hey, maybe you know one of them. Pretty red head named Runa? I only ask because she was wearing a police uniform...kinda punkish...not really the type."

Martin cast a glance at Brady, “Sounds like the girl you were gawking at earlier.” He said, which earned a glare from Brady, “I wasn’t gawking! I just thought the way she fought was cool.” He replied defensively. Martin snickered a bit before returning his attention to Andi, “We saw her earlier, but we didn’t recognize her and her name doesn’t ring a bell, probably from a different department.” He said with a slight shrug, though Andi had a point, Runa didn’t look like your average cop.

Martin glanced over his shoulder, eyeing the wandering dead as they battled it out with the defending soldiers, before looking back at Andi and eyeing the rifle in her hands, which was very similar to his own. “We best get to cleaning up the last of the freaks, you know how to use that rifle?” Martin asked.

Andi glanced down at the weapon in her hands, a smile on her face due to the banter between the two officers. She had expected the rifle to be similar to the one she had just learned to use, the AR-15, but she had been wrong. She shrugged, shaking her head. "Not really. I'm more of a handgun sort of person. They really don't train you in the use of rifles in self defense classes." She was sure she could figure it out eventually, but the idea of a crash course was more appealing, especially with an instructor such as Martin. In a normal situation she would have been flustered by the attention, but today she had encountered several good-looking men and as luck would have it, it was the end of the world and she was covered in zombie blood. She laughed inwardly and cursed her luck.

"A quick run-through would be helpful. Just the basics. I've got the whole point and squeeze part under control."

Martin nodded and demonstrated on his own rifle, “Alrighty I’m gonna go through this quick, the M4A1, standard issue rifle of most branches of our military, the charging handle, which chambers a round is right here,” he said, taping the lever which was located just above the butt-stock and behind the rear sight. “The rifle has three fire modes which you select with the switch on the side, full auto, three round burst, and semi-auto. You keep it on semi-auto or burst most of the time for the sake of accuracy and ammo conservation, only use full auto when absolutely necessary.” He said, explaining quickly the basics of the rifle “That’s pretty much all you need to know to be able to use it, and if all else fails you can hold it by the barrel and use it as a club, so try not to lose it.” He said with smile before turning to Brady “Alright hot shot let’s clean the rest of this shit up cause I need a hot meal and a nap.” He said, to which Brady mumbled “Same dude.”

Martin looked over his shoulder once more at Andi and smiled reassuringly “This should be easy enough.” He said before raising his rifle and advancing towards the fight. As soon as the dead took notice of them, Martin and Brady open fire. The dead began to drop left and right, and Martin noted how quickly the number of assaulting undead were dropping. That combined with the thought of food and sleep was enough to keep him motivated through his exhaustion and aching shoulder.

It took Andi a few moments to get used to the new rifle, but she joined the police officers shortly after they began their assault. Her accuracy was nowhere close to theirs, but she did well enough. She doubted she would be able to move her arms tomorrow, but hoped a hot shower might help. To hell with food and a nap, she wanted nothing more than to wash this filth off her body and clothes, and then, if she had the strength, she would eat.

Sci-fi, horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Runa drove her boot into the chest of the now dead walker as she yanked her blade free from its face, before turning toward the sound of Zeke’s voice. He was shouting something about taking down the behemoth, but she could hardly hear him over the gunfire. She watched for a moment more as Zeke made his way towards her, bashing skulls as he went, but was forced to turn her attention as a walker grabbed ahold of her. She kicked low at its knee and snapped it at an unnatural angle, she then kicked it again in the face to knock it away from her.

Before she could finish it off she caught movement in her peripheral vision and prepared to drive her katana into whatever it was, but stopped herself when she saw the blood soaked gun belonging to Zeke. She quickly looked him up and down, noting his torn and bloody shirt, “You’re bleeding, you oka-“ she stopped mid sentence as Zeke planted a kiss on her cheek. She was caught totally off guard and a bit flustered, but she was grateful Zeke didn’t stop to talk to her and moved on to finishing off the zombie who’s spine she’d broken. She shook her head and planted her boot on the walker’s chest, feeling it’s ribs break beneath her foot, before driving her sword into its eye socket. Fortunately it didn’t take her long to push Zeke’s sudden display of affection to the back of her mind for now, as one of the last few walkers rushed her. She waited till it got within reach, and with one swift motion, separated its head from its shoulders. She took a deep breath, shook the blood from her blade, before sheathing it as the last of the undead fell.
    Last edited by Alpha Wolf; 07-02-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Looking around, Salem observed the situation as the rest of the infected fell to the collective fire of the defenders and the survivors, the ground littered with corpses and body parts. With a grimace at the smell, he thought about the cleanup that would have to happen to prevent disease and felt his stomach groan at the mere thought of it. Walking among the dead to ensure the fallen were as dead as they appeared, he used his knife to dispatch any infected still living to conserve his ammo. It was gruesome work, but necessary.

"You brought some interesting company, Captain."

Salem turned to find the Sergeant Major he'd spoken to earlier approaching him. "Honestly I just met them. Pretty impressive though." Letting his rifle hang from his strap, he folded his hands over the stock of his weapon. "Why don't you give me a sit-rep?"

The marine sighed as he ran a hand over his close-cropped hair. "When shit went down, General Ross took charge of the base and set up the defenses. Then he took a Platoon of Marines in a convoy to locate and rescue survivors. That was 8 hours ago, and we haven't had any contact with them since then. We don't have enough men to send out a search team, so I've put my resources into trying to maintain the situation here."

Salem rubbed his chin, looking thoughtful. "How's your supplies?"

"Got a few ammo dumps still full. Enough MRE's to last a year or two, plus a mostly stocked chow hall. A couple of littlebirds and a gunship left for aircraft, and you've seen the vehicle situation. But we're low on medical supplies, and depending on how many vehicles are being used, probably more fuel. And if the General has more survivors with him, we should probably stock up on other materials. There's also some weapons left in the armory." Grimm replied, eyeing the Captain. The casual way Salem had seemed to take over the situation was a little irksome, but the Sergeant Major reminded himself that the man was Special Forces as well as a ranking officer.

"Do you know the General's last location?" Crow asked, reaching a decision.

"Last contact stated he was en route to Fort Myer. He was going to ascertain the situation and either establish a secondary base there, or use it to resupply and bring back any survivors. He also had reason to believe there were some high-value government officials still alive there." Grimm stated, knowing what the Captain was planning. "If you go, I won't be able to spare any men, but you can at least get whatever weapons and ammunition you need."

Crow shook his head in response. "I'll take some of the survivors with me. We'll leave in the morning. For now we'll resupply and rest. If the General is still alive, he's likely to be holed up for the night anyways." With that, the two shook hands and parted, the Sergeant Major giving orders to his men while Salem approached the group of survivors.

"That was some fine work. I've spoken with the man in charge here, we'll be able to stay here, though that wall will need repairs." Salem said, looking each of them in the eye. "For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Salem Crow. I'm a Captain in the United States Army Special Forces. I need some volunteers for a search and rescue mission tomorrow. A platoon was sent out to rescue survivors and has gone radio-silent. In return you'll be given a full armament with all the ammo and supplies you can carry. When we return, I'll even give out basic firearm and tactical instruction to those who need it."

Taking a moment to pause and analyze the survivors, he nodded to himself. "You don't have to give me an answer now. Take the night to think about it, and everyone who is willing can meet me here at first light. For now, rest and relax."
    Last edited by Rayne7; 07-06-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Ash studied the grim scene as he drove towards the base’s main gate. He shifted in his seat and pulled his NSA id from his pocket. “If you brought identification have it ready; And keep your hands away from your weapons.”

Ash’s eyes drifted across the field littered with corpses. His eyes held on a small gathering, and on instinct he turned towards it. Driving the armored humvee nearby Ash stopped it and got out approaching the officers speaking.

“Excuse me,” The analyst interjected, “I believe the Pentagon is along the most direct route. The general may have stopped there. If nothing else we should enroute. They should have some nice toys.”

Ash smiled and presented his identification. “Agent Russ, nice to meet you.”
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

As the last of the horde fell and things finally seemed to calm down Zeke tossed the empty shotgun away and nodded to everyone who was now introducing themselves. "Zeke Edge, hunter, prepper, and general badass. Y'all know how to throw a party, even Pappy Edge wouldda had fun I reckon." The mad Southerner looked out across the mostly smoking remains of the base noting the few remaining survivors seemingly taking a collective sigh of relief. Checking their ammo and wounds, smashing the skulls of a few who had gone too far along to be saved.

A sudden wave of fatigue washed over the man and he sighed lightly moving his feet a little further apart stabilizing himself. "Hmm a nap and a shower sounds real good 'bout now." He let out a big yawn and held his hand over the wound in his side. "Though this might need some fixin' I suppose one of y'all know how to patch this?" He undid the improvised bandage of his shirt and studied the wound some it was a long gash likely from his tumble over the humvee's turret.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Outbreak Day 1

Eric was in a half dazed, half asleep state of mind when they had arrived. Upon hearing the mans voice he yawned slightly and blinked. "Identification? Eh....All I got is my school ID that's about it." He said and stretched in the seat as best as he could. He could hear a few bones pop and cringed at the sound. It was a long day already and he felt like he had much more to go.

To him, this nightmare was a blast just waiting to happen, but now that he was actually in it, everything was so much worse then he expected. The smell was horrid. Just like a animal had died and was rotting next to you every single moment. He was sure it was the dead things, but at the same time it may have been his jacket.

Examining the area, he looked around and realized the group was in a whole new area then what he was expecting. The ride over here was long to him and he was rather exhausted. Not to mention his shoulder was killing him from the dive off a building. He was no assassin from the games that was for sure. And he couldn't figure out as to how they could dive off buildings and land so gracefully.

When the driver got out and spoke with another man Eric slipped out of the humvee and looked everything over. It was a war-zone here. A few infected still roamed and were quickly killed off by a few soldiers. But the mass of them were gone. Eric quickly took note of the ones around him. Eyeing most of the infected that laid on the ground. "Basic, Speed Demons, Pack Leaders, Beasts. Damn had the whole lot here." He spoke aloud mainly to himself but focused his attention on the soldiers.

When one approached him he nodded at the man and pulled his school ID out and shrugged. "Eric Monroe.... Not much of an ID but hey, all-" He paused for a moment holding up a finger. "Wait." He spoke and reached into his back pocket pulling out his Demolition license. "Also got my demo license from work." He said and passed it over as well. It wasn't often he carried the license outside his wallet, but he assumed in this setting a wallet wouldn't matter but if he needed to prove his expertise then this would surely do it.

The soldier eyed Eric and his two identifications looking between the two. "So a college student....Trusted with a job where you explode things. And you can do that." Eric gave a nod seeing the soldier hadn't believed his story. "Look dude, I'm Twenty Four. Last year of college. Not that surprising. I've seen kids younger then me handle shit that can make a nuke. It's called Scientific engineering." He spoke and took his ID's back from the man shaking his head. He hated when people thought he wasn't capable of things. A student, to many people was a kid and he hated that image. Luckily he didn't have to deal with much of it anymore seeing things were different.

Eric rubbed his shoulder and rolled it once more feeling the pain surge in it and followed the man as he lead him to the rest of the makeshift group. Clearly these were other survivors that had survived everything he just wasn't sure who was who but he didn't trust them. A new group meant new people and with the way things were now, he felt like he couldn't trust anyone. Eric wasn't sure what they would do in a situation of life or death and that was the biggest thing that irked him.

Personal Kill Count: 6
    Eric's Madness level: Sane
    Stability: Unstable
    Ammo: 12 (9MM)

Spoiler: Eric's Encyclopedia of the Dead 
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 07-08-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Sci-fi, horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Runa looked out across the field of corpses, sighing slightly and shaking her head, the world really has gone to shit. She wiped the sweat from her forehead, leaving a streak of blood on her forearm. She had totally forgotten about the cut on her head and the blood smeared all across her face. Her thoughts were interrupted by the voice of a Captain Salem Crow, talking of a rescue mission and needing volunteers. While she wasn’t really one to save lives, in fact she was the polar opposite, the offer of more gear and ammo did sound appealing. She remained silent for now however, not really in the mood to be social, and instead turned her attention to Zeke as he introduced himself.

She moved closer to him and gestured for him to hold his shirt out of the way, dropping to a knee and examining his wound. It was a long jagged cut, it bled quite a bit but didn’t look terribly deep. “I’m no doctor but I have a basic first aid kit and could probably clean and stitch it if you’d like, up to you though.” She said with a slight shrug of her shoulder as she got to her feet. She’d stitched herself up on a couple of occasions, though not pretty it worked, but she’d never done it on another person before. She placed a hand on his shoulder for a moment “Also nice job with the big son of bitch.” She said with a slight smirk before heading away from the group, she wanted to find somewhere to sit down for a while.

Martin watched as Brady blasted the head of the last infected attacking them into nonexistence, before sighing in relief and lowering his rifle. “Thank god that shit’s over.” He mumbled to himself before turning to Andi, “That was some impressive shooting, with a little practice you’ll end up better than we are.” He said with a small smile. He rolled his sore shoulder and looked around, spotting a gathering of survivors with some military looking guy talking to them. “Guess we should see what they’re doing.” He said to no one in particular before meandering through the field of corpses towards the group with Brady following.

He heard something about a search and rescue mission needing volunteers as they approached, and cast a glance at Brady who groaned but nodded reluctantly. Martin spoke up once the man was done speaking, “My partner and I will go, wouldn’t be my first combat search and rescue mission, sir.” He said, before introducing himself “Trooper Ackerman of the Maryland State Police, former Marine Corps EOD, and this is my parter Trooper Evans.” He said, gesturing to Brady who stood next to him.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Following the last of the fighting, Andi sighed her relief and nodded an acknowledgement to Martin as he praised her shooting. She felt his words were a bit over-rated, as her hit-to-miss ratio was heavy on the miss side with the rifle, but she returned his smile and trudged behind the two officers as they made their way over to the gathered group. Listening quietly to the introductions, her attention divided between the speaker and Runa tending to Zeke, she groaned in unison with Brady at the mention of a rescue mission.

The meet and greet continued, and Andi, tired and shifting from one foot to the other, couldn't help but notice there was a new group with them now. They had arrived in a Humvee and she appraised their vehicle, noticing it was armored like Zeke's. It seemed an apocalypse was on the mind of too many people considering how well they were prepared. Her gaze hung for a moment on the young woman that had not exited the vehicle yet before once again focusing on the speakers. She wasn't sure she was going to remember half of their names, let alone their professions. She was way out of her league...merely a civilian with minor survival skills. She shook her head, chasing away the exhaustion once again. With the way she was feeling now, she was afraid she would be too sore to assist with the new mission, but only the morning would tell.

Forgetting to join in on the introductions, Andi turned away from the crowd and headed for the doorway she had previously used to enter the facility. She snagged her backpack on the way and entered the building, glancing briefly at Zeke's belongings piled on the floor of the hallway. With a frown she retraced her earlier steps and stood outside the break room where the body of the marine was propped in a chair, his head planted on the surface of the table decorated in his blood. She closed her eyes for a moment then pushed the door open, the smell of blood and feces meeting her. With a gag she entered the small space and without further hesitation began cleaning the room, placing the body on a plastic table cloth and mopping up the gore. It was going to be the last of her chores before a shower. Then food. Then sleep.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast